Stretch mark creams to recommend?

P

prefer a girl

Hi there,

Anyone know of an effective stretch mark cream to recommend?

Did your gynaes recommend them?

I like Topicrem, recommended by my gyne. I used to use boots stretch mark cream for my 1st pregnancy, but it is out of production. Topicrem is made in france. it is effective becos i got no stretch mark on my tummy, but stretch mark on the buttock where i did not apply it. Shows it works, rite?

Hi prefer a girl
what i heard is palmer's cocoa butter from Guardian Pharmacy and the clarins' stretchmark cream . They were being recommended to be effective. Think if you run through the topics and the threads posted. They do have one that they talked about stretchmark cream.

hello, i swear by clarins oil... no stretchmark at all and my gynae was very surprised cos both my mom and sis have stretchmarks. but MUST apply diligently everyday... i started to use in my 3rd month...

i used the elancyl brand (not sure if spell right)available from robinsons and guardian.. quite ex.. but so far minimal stretch marks after birth

Does the one in Mums essentials work? where can i buy clarins stretchmark cream? I heard a lot of ppl praising it.

You can get the clarins oil from clarins counters. It's $78 per bottle. There are a few kinds. Get the one for stretchmarks (indicated in the instructions on the box). There are others, like for anti-water rentention etc...

Val, here's a pic of it...
323942.jpg

My stretchmark start to appear. Izit too late to try on Clarins? Currently, I am using Palmer's cocoa butter seem like not very effective.

Apple,
me also got SM but i find clarins make the tummy less itchy.

After applying the oil, shower off w cool water. quite shiok leh, cos the oil contains a bit of mint so it has a cooling effect.

no harm trying lah...

if can, try to get from airport DFS, $15 cheaper than at clarins counters.

just got the clarins cream.

i just want to know from those who use it, can i leave it on instead of showering it off?

Hi Telly,

I was told by my Clarins beautician that you can leave it on. But they would recommend you to shower it off for better results.

Cheers~

Hi,

My dr gave me topicrem the last tm i got pregnant. Can I know where i can get it?

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

How many times a day should i put it on?

Hi Topi,

Maybe you can try pharmacies? Try the pharmacies at all the polyclinics and hospitals if Guardian and Watsons dont carry it.

Hi Telly,

U just need to apply one day once but must be everyday for better results. It was recommended in the morning. But I used it in the evening 'cos morning don't have time.
happy.gif

After pregnancy, does anyone of you still continue to use Clarins to reduce or lightening the stretchmarks?

Hi

I have given birth to my son 2 months ago and have a tube of elancyl and mothercare stretch mark cream to give away. I only used them for a few days as my skin was alergic to both creams. so end up not using any creams throughout my pregnancy.

Anyone interested to take over coz if not throw away very wasted.

apple,

me plan to continue using Clarins on tummy and thighs after delivery.

but during confinement mth, not going to shower down w cool water, of course.

I heard the expensive creams don't work.

Did some research and found that pure shea butter works and is cheap and good. My friend helped me buy from Australia. $8 per 100ml. Before that I used Body Shop's Vit E cream + Wheat Germ Oil. So far no marks. Used since month 3. Now month 6.

Stretch marks are also genetic so check with your mom if she had them too.

hi fivecatsmom, is it any brand of shea butter will do? is it oily/sticky when applied?

besides tummy where else need to apply har?

Hi, any brand should do as long as shea butter is the main (or only) ingredient. I am using Palmer's from Australia.

Is quite oily/sticky lor but effective. Can use for chapped lips too and dry skin.

We're supposed to put on tummy, around the boobs, backside, and the area under our belly leading to the legs cos may stretch there too.

my frds used this propolis creme and they recommend to me. they swear by it, none had stretch marks and i am using it now. dun know they just lucky or it is the creme's effects that none had marks. i am using it now and i am 5 mths pregnant, so far no marks seen yet (keep fingers crossed!) but 1 thing beri troublesome is that outside dun sell this creme. i order from my gf selling this. abt $30++ per tube. interested mummies can pm me.
happy.gif

Is topicream or elancyl better? My gynae recommended me topicream but I came across an article saying that elancyl is quite effective.

I have a bottle of "Tonic" Body Treatment Oil for sale. Recommended for effective prevention of stretch marks during pregnancy.

Given by colleagues but I am already using another product. It was bought in the airport duty free at $57.50(retail price in downtown $70)

For more info about the product, pls see link:

http://sg.clarins.com/main.cfm?prodID=65

Self-collect at Sengkang. Interested pls sms me 93370881

I get my Clarins oil from www.strawberrynet.com for $57
I left it on for better effect. I think the sales girls are just reading off from the instruction when they tell us to shower off.
Oil is better than cream cos easily absorbed.
I don't know if I will have stretchmarks after giving birth but had been using it since my 6th week.

I've been using Mustela's double action stretch mark cream and its really good. Must apply every night faithfully.

And its especially suitable for those ppl with sensitive skin and allergies.

hi..i also bought the Clarins oil...the salesgirl told me to apply in circular motion clockwise direction...but didnt tell me to shower it off leh. Anyway, can i ask u girls who have used it, how long approx do i have to massage?

I used pigeon stretch mark cream, it comes in a tube form and Palmer's coco butter one too. Sometimes I used olive oil after bath. I think whatever cream you use, must be diligent. Must put on EVERYDAY once your tummy starts to grow.
happy.gif

I used message oil brought from my beautician, which is safe for pregnency for both my pregnencies. I've no stretch marks after going through 2 pregencies. Must be very discepline - I applied twice a day after shower once i know i'm pregnent.

Besides the Clarins tonic oil, did anyone use the Clarins stretch mark cream? Any idea whether is it good? Is the tonic oil enough? Thanks.

hi. me used only palmer's cocoa butter - and that also not diligently.. (once a day instead of twice) but its really good.
delivered in jun and i only have 2 1cm marks at my belly button (perhaps becos i concentrated putting the cream more on the sides!)

HI mummies,
Aiyo my SM has been with me for 5yrs areadi leh and i din do anytin 2 it as i tot tat it wont help 1 leh...
Can i still apply 2 my tummy and buttock nw 2 get rid of it?
Thks.

Hi ladies try to sms or call 90545638 as this lady beautician sell good and effective Stretch marks Serum which is result proven..hpe she still bringing in this stocks...many went to her ans buy then lastly lighten alot lot..cheap la not expensive i think about 100-200 last 2 months..i mean result is most important...good luck as i tried but fade a lots..good luck

have search alot and dey say that avent is better while palmers alot of people got rashes?
but hard to find advent stretch mark cream.
ive stretch marks, not when im pregnant. but during puberty when i grow fat and shrink. but can it b used and effective? my arms look almost like ive given birth to a baby
sad.gif

Hi, I have used the Sakura Seasalt from Japan to lighten my stretch marks and it works. It only cost $8.80.

You can also get it from SG.

Back