Stretch mark creams to recommend?

Hi Mumies,

I had sensitive skin, hence my gynae advise me not to use stretch mark cream that contain Coco Butter.

So, I had try different stretch mark cream sample (you can try to get from the Brand counter).

Clarin is smelly so I did not purchase, but I was recommanded by my friend that it is good.

I also purchase evchol (not sure the spelling already), it make my tummy ichy so I stop using it.

Currently, I am using Avent since I am 4mths pregnant, but during my 3rd trimister, I realise that my tummy have red vein (seems to be stretch marks) so sad
sad.gif

Does anyone know whether the red veins will become stretch mark? What can I do now, as I am already 8mths pregnant.

Clarins oil doesnt work for me... I have stretch marks even though i used it everyday for my 1st pregnancy. Therefore, I m looking for alternative.
Is Mustela oily?
happy.gif

Hi all preggy mothers. I'm also 6 months pregnant and I found out that there can be other ways to prevent or minimise stretch marks aside from using stretch mark creams. I've read from http://sg.******************/articles/get-rid-of-stretch-marks-in-six-simple-steps that you can use a moisturizer, drink lots of water, take supplements especially Vitamin E, and many more. I suggest you read that article cos it might give you an idea.

I've a bottle of Clarins Body Treatment oil (100ml) to let go at $50. Bought in March 2010 and used only a few drops (less than 5ml). If u r interested, please email me directly at [email protected]
Collection at Tanjong Pagar (weekdays) or Ang Mo Kio.
Thank you.

I Am using Clarin's too...one of my friends were using it when she was pregnant and she didn't get any stretch mark... Have to be diligent though, must apply day and night... Or every time after you take a shower...

My Stretch marks didn't disappear right away but they definitely looked smoother after I started using Palmer's Cocoa Butter tummy butter. After a few weeks, skin's tone and texture is improved and marks are softened. I supplemented with Palmer's scar serum to speed up the healing process of those purplish marks

I have 2 Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream for Stretch Marks (125g each). One is original formula and one is Organic. Almost new. Used only once as I got smell hypersensitivity (hormones...). I am selling it at S$30 for 2 creams. If interested, email me [email protected]. Thanks!

Try applying Shea Butter. It moisturises really well and prevent stretch marks. But you cannot just get any shea butter. Many shea butter out there has chemicals and other additives and preservatives added. You need to get pure, unrefined and organic shea butter. There is an online store that sells authentic shea butter. For pregnant ladies, i recommend avoiding the scented versions. although their scented version is scented with pure and organic essential oil. Get the raw and original ones instead.
http://store.thediysecrets.com/product-category/shea-butter-unrefined/

I'm using atopiclair which has Shea butter and pharma grade A hydrolyuric acid.. That's an obvious typo error... And it's register as a medical device with HSA according to the guardian pharmacist ..

Recommended by my boy Paeds too.

Hi kayleeyeo, thanks for sharing the gumtree link. :) I think It is good to check on the ingredients and see whether they are safe. You can simply google the ingredients listed.

i used the elancyl brand (not sure if spell right)available from robinsons and guardian.. quite ex.. but so far minimal stretch marks after birth
i m using this brand too, recommended my sis for her 2nd pregnancy and she said more useful than Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream, but of cause more expensive.
i bought during watson sale so at times is 2 for price of 1

Attachments

• kem-chong-ran-da-elancyl-stretch-mark-prevention-phap-phong-ran-da-khi-mang-thai.jpg
    kem-chong-ran-da-elancyl-stretch-mark-prevention-phap-phong-ran-da-khi-mang-thai.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 215
can try Buds Organics Stretch Mark Prevention Cream too. it contains a green micro-algae that boosts the collagen network in our skin. all organic and natural. can PM me for more details or email at [email protected]

Hello everybody... I'm looking for good stretch marks removal cream... Right now, I'm contemplating between Elancyl and Clarins... Which one should I go with?

Hi all,

Seems like everyone is using Clarins oil, and not the Stretch Mark Control cream (see picture below). Anybody using the cream? Is it good?
I'm afraid of using the oil because I tend to sweat a lot and Sg humid weather is not helping..
0158110_original_original_1.png

Hello everybody... I'm looking for good stretch marks removal cream... Right now, I'm contemplating between Elancyl and Clarins... Which one should I go with?

I use essential oils blend specially for SM. I have sensitive skin, so scared to try normal creams and oils, esp since the area is quite sensitive.....I have 6 kids and so far, skin still look ok ;>
youngest is 16mo. From wht I see, don't look like I had 6 babies! hehhe..

Hi Prefer A girl,

There are tons of stretch marks creams out there. I think it not about the brand of the stretch mark creams that you use but most importantly is the consistency and the way of application of the cream. One has to be religious in applying and massaging the stretch mark creams everyday and avoid the sun if possible. Cos exposure to the sun will make the stretch marks even more obvious.

It is good to start applying the stretch mark creams early in the pregnancy's stage up to the first month after giving birth. As for the recommended brands, mustela is good. Hope it is useful :)

http://sg.shop.com/eatprayshop/v254047-c+23793.xhtml?vid=254047

For me i got Pentaxyl which works for stretchmarks and my wrinkles. Dual function. Only available online. I knew about it through the Taiwanese program where the celebrities talked about it.

Here's some basic information.
Unlike some anti-aging creams that are thick and heavily perfumed, Pentaxyl is lightweight and fresh-scented lotion. Enhanced with Matrixyl® Complex and Argireline®, Pentaxyl helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, skin discolouration and stretch marks. Pentaxyl can be used anywhere on the body, not just the face like most anti-ageing creams and serums.

I use essential oils blend specially for SM. I have sensitive skin, so scared to try normal creams and oils, esp since the area is quite sensitive.....I have 6 kids and so far, skin still look ok ;>
youngest is 16mo. From wht I see, don't look like I had 6 babies! hehhe..

WOW!!! 6 kids!!! Great!!!

Because I've got sensitive skin too. Am afraid of trying oil-based products... Able to share which essential oils you use?

i had my 2nd baby and got a few white stretch marks below my belly button I have been using Dermelastic serum as directed every day twice a day for about a month and also using a coffee body scrub I made on the area every day and I have noticed a huge difference it says best results in 12 wks I am definitely going to buy another bottle

Hello mummies!

You may want to take a look at these awesome product for a firmer bust, skin lifting & lightening of stretch marks:

[ Pentaxyl]

Lifting, moistening, bust firming and stretch mark lightening cream:

https://sg.shop.com/WESHINE/Pentaxyl+reg+-1064446907-p+.xhtml?credituser=C1001207756

[ Beauty Blend] Supplementation by nutrients for skin, hair , nails

https://sg.shop.com/WESHINE/Isotoni...d+-1291713390-p+.xhtml?credituser=C1001207756

Both products are from USA with very good reviews by many women all over the world having the same issues as we women are and will be facing!

Check them out!

PM me for more information:)

Stay pretty, stay healthy!

Back