Speech delay toddle

ameliarose

Hi,
My second son is 30 months old and has speech delay. He had hearing loss for about 6months due to repeated ear infections. We discovered that when he was 18mths old and he went to get grommet tubes fitted in. He has been going for speech therapy since May 2013.

There has been progress but it is very slow. While he was deaf a year ago and had no words in his vocab at all, he now has about 80 words in his vocab but the problem is, he refuses to talk most times - will only talk on his own terms (when he wants to). We have resorted to not giving him his milk until he says "milk" but he is very stubborn, will say "give" but not "milk" and would rather throw tantrum and not get the milk instead of say what we want him to say. Therapist says his speech is currently abt 14mth old level. He has been assessed for autism but so far the Drs and therapists say it's just a speech/language delay.

The therapy we are going for currently is very pricey for us ($160 per session) and we are still on waiting list at KKH. He also goes for therapy twice a week at school (therapists come to the school to conduct therapy for all students with extra needs). I try to do the activities with him at home but sometimes a little hard as I have two other little boys, and my hubby works evenings and weekends.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of other forms of therapy that can help speed up his progress, like play therapy etc?

Thank you in advance, mummies and sorry for the lengthy post!

:)

hihi
try to do the therapy with him on daily basic and read bed time story book with him.
I do capture video during the speech therapy session for my record and repeat it with my girl. My girl has profound hearing loss, she implanted at aged 22 mths.

Hi mummy how open are u to use Essential Oil for your kids? Essential Oils does help for those having speech delay therapy. If u keen to know more i am so happy to share with you. Do watsapp me at 96229374 if you are keen to know more of the alternative natural healing with EOs ya Thanks

Back