SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

adoncia
acrylic normally i use those white glue that will dry up as clean =) but only use a little bit. i have a gf who use a little bit of uho glue

i did some lo at mwl crop session on sat. tried to upload but face some problem.
sad.gif

Karen
Cool LO.

I'm itching to scrap again. Will do so soon now that my is recovering better from the flu/sore throat since last week and before I start my night classes. So many photos to scrap, tonnes of scrap supplies but too little time!! How I wish my hb can earn more than enough to pay me to stay home and scrap our family pics =P *wishful thinking*

mamachan,

thks thks! oh do take care!
aiyo... 2 person earning better den 1 person...
there are pro & con being a sahm...
i will get to spend more time with my gal but...
my hb will have to work more & spend less time with us!
see its not really tat good after all...

Hi MamaChan & Karen,
I am a temporary SAHM over these 2 weeks when my maid went on home leave. Grounded ourselves over xmas cos it's "lei-chay" to bring an active 3 yr-old (who does not take instructions very well) + a 7-mth bb who need all her sterilisation stuff.... tried bringing them out alone (husband can't take leave this period)...gosh..takes me 3x the time to complete what I could have done in <1hr. half the time running after my big one...even at hm, big one will hit &amp; bully the small one...hmm..salute to the SAHM...sometimes I think perhaps, I am better off working after all....haha..

Ha ha Ginncher,
I total agree. I used to work from home then 2 days each week at the office. That 2 days are my precious own time which I get to catch up shopping on what I missed and to recharge before facing the kids.

Ha ha so initially I was leaving my son with nanny for 2 days when I go office. THen I give up, I ask nanny to take care for the whole week so I only need to handle one at a time

its not easy being sahm. like wat karen said, depending on one income is really not easy. my hubby is really spending lesser time with me...
sad.gif

Over my dead body to be SAHM. Just tried last week when my maid is on home leave. This week is hubby's turn, hengz. It's not easy to handle 1 kid, 2 dogs, 1 man and household chores. BUT I've to agree that I do enjoy some of those moment. I'm a working mum.

Ladies, where can I get foam brushes? I want to get cheap and ok one for Mod Podge usage. I already used up 2 of Making Memories one, heart a bit pain. Ever see at Spotlight which comes in a bag of various sizes, now no more.

SAHM
I really peifu all SAHM. Definitely not easy job. I tried being one during my boy's 1st 6 months, really had to go back to work coz financially cannot make it and I'm not disciplined enough to stop buying things for bb. And plus with this additive hobby of mine, 'lagi' cannot stop working now.

However, no regrets being a SAHM before =)

hi ladies

Here's a LO I just did last night despite being sick. I hope I haven't lost touch man....felt like some things are missing from the LO, but my hb likes it as it is:

Title: Naughty &amp; Nice

1169305.jpg

Main paper used is BoBunny, inspired by Jasmine's Beautiful Mess 2 class. Glitter Letters by K&amp;Co

Hi ladies
Another LO to share. Just finished this after I loaded up the earlier one.

[Motherhood]: Since 2006
1169550.jpg

Using Fancy Pants Botanical Patterned Paper as as base and Fancy Pants Transparent Overlay and just some flowers.

Quite a simple LO. not much to be done as lot's of things going on from the overlay and the PP.

MamaChan, very nice leh. for the 1st one, is it solely 1 main patterned paper or 2 where the red with swirls + the yellow portion "border" are separate?

Hi ginncher
Wow, so early you logged on? Eh, you mean the yellow portion outside the whites? That's my floor background. hahaha. It's one patterned paper set on a white cardstock. But for the white cardstock, I inked the edges with distress inks (green color) and with black ink to give it a more distinct border. and I journalled around the patterned paper on the white CS.

MamaChan, I am referring to the white cardstock.

Here's my LO after the antique chic class at Laines. Could be because of photos, somehow don't think it is antique enough. Well anyway, here's the title: "Dress Ties".

1172968.jpg

ginncher
It's a really nice LO! Love the texture effect from that of crumpling and than inking over the crumpled paper. =) It's quite a shabby chic technique =) If you're explorative, can try 'aging' the photos to give that antique look using Ranger's Distress Ink - Antique Linen (If i remember correctly), ink over the pictures and use a sponge to smooth out the ink evenly and let try. It'll be a very nice, antique effect =) And do lots and lots of inking =)

in fact, the brand, 7-G (gypsies), have quite alot of "antique" looking embellishments that you can use.

Do more LOs from the antique chic class and apply what you've learnt to achieve the look that you like =)

Thanks for the valuable pointers MamaChan.

Can distress ink be inked on home printed glossy photo papers? Can others be used to give ageing look on photos as well? I have several distress inks but just not antique linen.

When you are referring to the 7-G gypsies papers, which range is that, realised the newer ranges are more modern looking.

Recently I've gotten Scrap Pad to go (Kazoo kids) from K&amp;Co. On hindsight, thought it is more retro than antique..though still love it..haha.

Coming back to antique chic, thought it is not easy, partly embellishments? Was looking at Laines' stock but couldn't find anything antique looking that I fancy...any recommendations....or using existing ones, apply some special techniques &amp; wala..they turn antique!??!!

hi ginncher!

distress ink can't inked on glossy photo be it home printed or store-printed.
happy.gif
stazon can work but you still have to let it dry before proceeding.

colours such as vintage photo, antique linen, those yellow-brown inks, can give your LO a more vintage look. if you don't really want to ink too much, you can try using more neutrals colours instead of bright colours. you can also crump your paper and ink them with chalk ink and lay like what you did for your antique chic class.
happy.gif

not only 7gs paper have antique looks. some other brand have too. but i don't really remember! so sorry!

for antique, not really much emblishments needed (for my opinion). normally what i do is to distress the edges, crumps paper, do some overlays of some vintage pps, add some lace ribbons, and some neutral colours buttons.

you can try mwl for more pps. they have more vintage look pps which might interest you.
happy.gif

hope this help?

Hi Ginncher
Personally, I find that inking the home-printed photo papers not very good, coz the paper absorbs the ink directly in. However, I find that I can ink those store-printed ones (glossy) much better.

Other than inking and crumpling of paper as what Adoncia suggested, you could also do alot of random folding of your paper and using a sandpaper, sand the folded edge and do so for a few more lines. Tearing is also a good way to give that antique feel, where you can ink the white parts with a darker shade i.e. Walnut Stain (a popular color)

The idea of shabby chic/antique chic is to soften the colors of your papers, making it look vintage but not overly old, so there's a softer feel to it. You can opt for embellishments of copper/pewter/bronze colors to add on. =)

Hope the above helps.

I love Basic Grey's line of papers =) My wedding pictures are focused on Basic Grey's Blush line of pp.

I'm currently working on another LO using Basic Grey's Scarlet Letter line for my hb's pictures. Hope to share it soon with you all wthin this week.

JTS
1174385.jpg

the pics were snap shot during the recent xmas family gathering at my place =)

gotten the pp from mwl and even dumped into adoncia hahaha~

hi mommies,

DD is 4 and loves arty farty stuff and recently she received a cheapo scrapbook kit that she adored and have been asking for more papers, I went to the scrapbook shop at wheelock place, GOSH, it's really really expensive.

are there any shops that sells affordable scrapbook materials for children?

I am hopeless in art, so really hope mommmies here could recommend.. we have tried printing out from computer/use our own magic markers, but somehow it just doesn't look beautiful
sad.gif

MTIA

Hi SB club mums,

I'm done with another 2 page-LO I did last night while counting down with hb. Do give me your pointers if I need to add on anymore extras.

Title: Live the Dream

1174809.jpg

PP used is Basic Grey's Scarlet Letter line of papers and Hambly Screen Prints' transparent overlay.

Hi harriet
You might be able to try the shop that's opposite Art Friends located in Ngee Ann City. I can't quite remember the name though, but they carry a local SB brand called KCK (if I remember correctly). Most of the patterned papers (12 x 12) ranges from $1 (if on sale) to $2.50, depending on the quality/brand. Or you can visit spotlight (Level 4) or MadeWithLOve at Plaza Singapura (Level 3).

All of the SB papers are of archival quality (acid and lignin free) so that your gal's artwork will remain beautifully preserved even when she's 21 years of age and till she has children of her own =)

That's why this hobby can get so addictive.

Alternatively. you can get those ready-packed SB kits (with pre-cut papers) once in a while to let her fiddle around and "cure" the SB itch?

MamaChan&amp; Harriet
the shop is "Creative Hands". I think there is another one located at Orchard Emerald, but not too sure if they have closed down already.

JTS
i have actually created a monthly challange at my site, and will be giving out free rak to the monthly winner of the challange. its something to boost me to scrap more often and use my slashes (that have been like pilling up higher and higher despite me keep using them) and hopefully you mummies scrappers will show support and also be motivated to scrap more too.

this month challange will be :
creating a layout using the word "family" as part of the title or subtitle.

Submit the layout by the end of this month, midnight.

You can either email to [email protected] or post in here (do let me know its for the challange)

Thank You mummies !

{don mean to like "spoilt" market by "advertising" here, sorry}

Happy New Year mummies,

Wow wow nice layouts.

No output from me. Will be busy getting son ready for childcare and then his birthday.

Harriet,
check out spotlight. I think every month there is a date which they have 20%. Go check it out. The papers are cheaper but the nicer ones are of course at laines and MWL

hi mamachan,

thanks for the suggestions, I doubt if it's just an itch, yesterday night when i told DD that I really really have no more pretty paper nor phtographs, she went to her 'junk' collection, pull out plain paper and computer printout of animals and made scrap papers for all of us at home! quite amazing, I am going down to the shops tomorrow to check out the papers/stickers, hopefully there's post christmas sale.

btw what is 'LO'??? this is so embarrasing...I feel like an art ilterate over in this thread
sad.gif

Thanks dorcas, chicken little for your suggestions too
happy.gif

anissakoh, may i ask what's the size of all the paper that you want to sell? are they all of the same size? and like what mommies above have mentioned, acid free, languine free... forgive my ignorance
sad.gif

are all the paper in good condition? how about if i were to just buy all from you and you could give me a better price and send it by post to my house? email me [email protected]

MTIA

harriet

wow... very very nice layouts(LO) ladies!

hi harriet

yes yes... you can get affortable papers at spotlite! They do come in a pack of 12/16/25/32, there are solid colour ones (they called cardstock) &amp; pretty design ones (they called pattern papers), the price ranges from $4.99-8.99 if i remember correctly... hope u will find the papers u wan... happy shopping!

Happy 2008 to all scrapper! May all your wishes come true! Cheers!

Here is another x'mas layout to share!
1176555.jpg

Hi Harriet
No worries =) LO = Layout for short and SB = Scrapbook

Most of the papers sold are 12" x 12" in size, most of the time, when matched, you might not use up the entire 12 x 12 pieces. Your darling daughter is really precious and creative!! It's so amazing how innovative children are!

Hahaha, unlike us adults or rather specifically myself, I rather work hard and earn the extra $$ to spend on this hobby of mine =P But nonetheless, we're all in for the beautiful things to touch and to hold.

Hope you'll have fun with your darling daughter too =) Oh, Crayola does sell some acid free glitter glue and markers for SB. Do keep a lookout for them, especially when Tangs or Robinsons having sale, you might get 20% off them too and they are not as expensive =)

Harriet,

Your gal is so creative. Crayola has got this scrapbook kit set which I got from Art Frenzy for my gal. $24.95 at a sale. You can check it out. I think it is quite cool. Maybe you can get that to start her.

Me also started my gal on scrapbook. Signed her up for the kids camp at MWL and she realli had fun. But ha ha kids still kids cannot sit through the few hours to complete. At the end, she is asking for help from teacher liao.

Karen,
Ha ha your gal is good at pose. Ha ha I think my gal has met her match liao

Harriet...I'm email you, now I'm left with only about 35pc of the patterned paper as I put them up on sale in another forum. Let see how we can arrange.

Usually, Spotlight has their 20% storewide sale day during the 1st week of the month, you've just missed it. This month they put it on 02 Jan 2007.

CL
aiyo only recently den able to get her to pose b4 mostly was like turning away from the camera!

dorcas
the LO is jus for d DT's LO... btw very nice LO lei... love the embellishments!

Dorcas,
Nice layout. I notice your 2 Xmas layout got that black stitches. Is it the rub ons ?

Ha ha i simply no time to scrap. Yday, took leave to accompany my tai zi for CC. Then the principal advise me to drop him off and go so I went to prepare his goodie bags for birthday next week. Then by the time I come home, I start to "steal chicken" from one of the antique chic class material and did a layout for me and my hb 9 years ROM anniversary. This is the only date we celebrate now. Alamak he still say hor, why choose that pics which he looks so ugly. Ha ha I want to faint

Wah..didn't log in shortly &amp; lovely to see the threads buzzing.

Thanks MamaChan &amp; Adoncia for your inputs. Will try them out one of these days...getting ready to start new job next mon...already rec'd emails for reading from new boss....dunno when I can resume SB.

CL, share with us your antique chic Lo leh....want to see your wedding photo....hee

Hi Ginncher.

You starting new work then next time we can meet for lunch liao. Ha ha. Then we go art friend to look for "treasure".

Let me change one of the pics before posting ok. But realli nothing to be proud of because I just used one of the layout from the antique chic class. Will post the one I did for my sis during the class too

Back