Shichida Method

Shichida Tensai Memory Material

Memory Genius Flash Card Set G - Chinese

Condition : 9/10

Price : S$18.50

Self-collect at :

MRT stations: Tiong Bahru, Outram, Chinatown, Clarke Quay, Cityhall, Bugis - 8.30am to 9am or

Bras Basah Complex, Central National Library - 8.30am to 9am or

Cityhall and Bugis MRT stations - 12.30pm to 1.30pm and 5.30pm to 6pm or

Chinatown MRT station - 5.30pm to 6pm.

or near Jalan Bukit Merah.

Other collection venue can be arranged.

4382685.jpg

Hi,

Anybody have sent her kids to the Shichida Method?
Can share yr views / comments?
Suitable for 12 month old toddler?
Kindly advise. Thks!

Hi,

Understand that when u sign up yr kids for the Shichida class, either one of the parents need to attend the parent course. Anybody knows what will they provide during the course? Care to share? Thks!

Hi bouncy & Sunny,

Juz wana chk with u whether u hv bought anything fm the BP? How's the quality of the products? Kindly advise. Thks!

have just sign up for the shichida class...
weekend classes more ex at $780 per term
initial still need to put deposit of $300 and attend the PEC class $175/per parent

siblings have 5% discount

is it really as good as they advertised?

Hi sghlynn,

Which branch did u sign up with? How old is yr kid? Are u still in waiting list or already cfmed yr place?

I was also very curious to find out whether the course is as good as what they advertised and some feedbacks that I have read. Pray hard that it is.

went to anson but no availability so end up taking the lesson in TPY branch
seems confirmed already cos we paid on the spot and scheduled for the PEC ( parent course) in oct

i think must give it min 6-12mths before can assess the effects ba

Hi sghlynn,

U have cfmed yr placing already? How old is yr kid? I also signed up at TPY branch but they told me still on waiting list.

but its weird they didnt tell me exactly just wait for phone call?
but i assume confirmed since they ask me to attend the PEC class already?
hmmm

anyway my girl is 14mths

It's really weird cos I was told that there's a no. of kids on waiting list so mine was put on waiting list too. They will call me once they hv slots but they did nt ask me to go for the PEC class yet as my girl has not start on her lesson. U hv paid for the deposit & the PEC course? How abt the term fee? U paid as well? My girl is only 1 mth behind yrs (13 mths) so shld b under the same cat. U opting for weekdays or weekends?

i paid everything in full
deposit, term + pec course
im opting for wkend - anytime any slot as long wkends

winnie - didn't buy any sichida related materials. Bot one item at earlier BP by same supplier. No issue.

Mummies,
If you really want to see results with SM, you need to put in a lot of effort at home as well. Just one and a half hour every week is not enough. These weekly sessions are supposed to teach the parent and the child what/how the SM method works/ and for the parent, how it is supposed to be taught.

In addition to the PEC, please also note that there is a free home education tutorial (also about 2 hours plus.) They would give you the schedule for these classes in the file you first get at the first lesson or when you signed up.

The PEC is an extended version of the video you guys might have seen before signing up. Explains the thinking behind the SM... explains how flash cards work , how to activate the esp parts of your kid (SM calls it HSP not esp)

The Home Practice course (not sure what they call it) is a more hands on class - e.g. teaches you the best way to hold flashcards, what type of cards to show todds (under 2yr) and todds above 2. How to do the 65 or 62 day dot-course (given in manual distributed during PEC) effectively and so on..

After the home practice class, there's a session with parents of Sichida "geniuses"... listen to what they say but don't stress ... one of the mothers in the session I went to was asked how many flashcards she had for her girl. She said "20,000 hard copy and some more in the computer " !!!

Hi sghlynn,

If u hv already paid in full, I think there's already a slot for you but it's still very weird cos they told me there's a no. still on waiting list and asked me to pay the term fee only when there's a slot for my girl. Shall chk out with them again.

Hi Sunny,

May I know what did u get fm the BP? Heard fm 1 of the mummy that the quality was not that good so wana hear some more feedbacks fm other mums.

Btw do u think these books are good? Does it help in Shichida Method?
http://www.shichida.co.jp/english/c1-3_books.php

Thks so much for the info and it's really very informative.

Winnie, i got a book light. nothing to do with shicida.

I think you dont really need the books listed in the website unless you really really want to know indepth about the methodology. At the PEC, SM provides a loose leave binder (manual) which explains quite nicely and simple the SM thinking/methods. Why dont you get the binder, read through it first and then decide if you want more detailed information.

It is recommended that parents attend at least one or 2 classes with your todd before going for the PEC or the home practice session so that you have some background as to how the SM works in real life.
e.g. how to get your tod to focus and sit in the chair long enough for you to flash 10 cards at him or her (flashing 10 cards should be less than 5 seconds but oh boy... when you do it for real...first they dont want to sit, then they keep pointing to something behind you... then ... and it goes on)
happy.gif

Hi Sunny,

Thks a lot for sharing. Can we get the binder before we attend the PEC? In fact, I'm still on waiting list. Will they give it to me?

Hi sghlynn,

Juz to let u know that my girl will be starting her class in this coming term OCT10. They juz called up & tell me there's a slot so will be in the OCT10 intake. How abt u? Yr girl will be attending the OCT10 class too?

Hi oink1526,

can see the link... gotta copy the whole string n paste to see yo...

me is looking for this too yo...

any Shichida mummy can help us to check eh?

hi, I've not seen the holder being displayed for sale at the tensai but I will check again this weekend. As mentioned, the SM teachers here dont use any holder, at most just the stubby finger cover (can buy in packs of 6 or 10 at popular stationary section) or a small plastic band arund the finger.

I know that mummies are probably v excited but I suggest attending a few lessons first before investing in any 'hardware'. The more things you have to fit the cards in (i.e. the more time you take) before you 'flash' the next set of cards,the more opportunity you create for your kid to get distracted
happy.gif
unless your kid v kwai one who doesn't move and listens to instructions.

winnie - how come u are still on pec aiting list, i thought once class confirm pec also confirm?

anyway i will go for my 1st lesson this wkend with my girl....
am thinking of doing a bp for the materials - esp the dot variety cards.
any idea how much is shichida selling?
or we can get something like that in popular?

sghlynn,

I was in the Oct10 intake & already cfmed for the PEC in Oct10 too.

I was thinking of getting the materials too but hv no idea what to get. Maybe we shall start out our class 1st before deciding. I hv no idea how much the tensai shop selling but will see what they have after attending the class this weekend. Pls update if u hv any Shichida related materials to share. Thks ya!

Hi, I have just spoken to a mummy who used to send her son to Shichida, the child now do quite ok in school, among the top 100. The results is good, but it appears to me that it is far from the outrageous results that Shichida claims.

Since the program is already almost 40 years, and already in Sg for 10++ years, I was wondering if there is any results to proof that the methods work? I have been searching around google but no luck.

Anyone with the answers?

What Shichida will say is that a lot depends on the parents and the home training. If you think a-once-a-week class session is going to make an average child a genuis, then dont send your child to SM. You're going to be disappointed. The once a week class is just supposed to teach "methods" which the parents are supposed to follow up and practice diligently with the child at home.

At a parents conference I attended, one mum who said she saw very good results in her child, also said that she had at least 20,000 (!!!) hard copy flashcards, more than half of which was DIY and then she ran out of space so she started doing flashcards on the computer!

Please remember that this programme started in Japan where (I may be wrong) but a lot of Japanese mums are SAHMs... and have plenty of time and the dedication, energy and support of other SAHMs to conduct all these exercises daily. I think you will note if you go for the "video screening" that most of the "geniuses" are the Japanese kids. No surprises there. [By the way, the mum that I mentioned in my first post said that she's a FTWM but made the time and energy to do the exercises with her girl... so it really depends on the individual parent and how much you want your child to succeed.]

Hi sandy,

I understand yr concern and that was the issue that I'm still pondering upon but nevertheless I have signed up my girl and let her tried out 1st. As what sunny has mentioned, the once a week class will definitely won't turn a kid into a genius. A lot will really depend on how u teach yr kid at home. As I'm a FTWM, I don't have so much time and energy to show my girl the flashcards everyday but I will still make it a point to show her as much as I could. My girl was about to finish her 1st term at SM and the changes that I could see is she's now able to recall the songs that the teachers taught, more disciplined and she could point and show me the item/action once I flashed the cards to her. So it all depends on yrself and how much u want yr kid to succeed.

Hi darlingdarling,

U mentioned that we can get free voucher if register as member at babyworld.com.sg. How to go abt it? In fact, I have already register myself but I can't seems to find the free voucher. Can u pls advise? Btw I only saw some doman flash cards, can't find the shichida books also. Can u advise?

Anybody has read abt the book fm Glenn Doman "How Smart is Your Baby", "How to teach your baby to read" and "How to multiply your baby's intelligence"? Can advise whether it's good? Whether it's worth buying? Pls advise. Thanks!

Hi darlingdarling,

Sorry, I hv juz read the email fm babyworld with regards to the free voucher. Pls advise on the shichida books instead. Thanks!

Dear mummies,

I have some extra sets of blank A5 flashcards for sale. 350gsm. Suitable for mummies who wish to DIY flashcards for their kids.

Each pk contains 100pcs.
1 pk: $7
2 pk: $13
> 2 pk: $6 each.

Selling in 100pcs pk and self collection only as cards are too heavy to post.

Venues for self collect:
1) Sembawang MRT / Wellington Circle
2) Yishun
3) Toa Payoh HDB Hub Deli/Subway (Sat 2.30-3.30 only)

Note that above venues are subject to arrangement and my convenient timings as I have 2 kids at hm. Tks for understanding.

PM me if keen. Tks!
happy.gif

I bring my son into JB every Sunday to attend right brain training class.
duration is 1 hour ..
1 mth , 4 lessons , RM 120
1 class 5 kids .. location is home of the teacher.

little neuro tree is apparently almost identical - opened by the founder's brother. cheaper. They offer trial class unlike SM

Hi Can anyone please remind me what the deposit was for the Shichida class? I informed the management that I didn't want to continue and they refunded me $300. Is this correct? I lost my receipt and can't remember what I paid for the deposit. Thanks for any input.

hi
just giving my feedback after attending the course for 6 mths

my girl does enjoy the class, she is 23mths now and looks forward to attending the class.
been quite lazy so hardly do any dots/ image training just the worksheets given by shicida

she can occasionally get the flash memory all correct which surprise me at times.
Her brother who joined only at 3.5years old cannot get it correct so i think it is good to start them at young age

Hi sunny, what happen? I am interested to enrol my 15 mth old in the program but heard not too good reviews on how the method is taught in Singapore.

Hi sinming, can share what happens in class? Is it once a week and apart from daily practise of flash cards, what else?

Hi hi, anyone else using other methods such as Glenn domain or growing up gifted?

Hi sunny, what happen? I am interested to enrol my 15 mth old in the program but heard not too good reviews on how the method is taught in Singapore.

Hi sinming, can share what happens in class? Is it once a week and apart from daily practise of flash cards, what else?

Hi hi, anyone else using other methods such as Glenn domain or growing up gifted?

hi,
does anyone here have problems getting deposit refunds from shichida? i have complained to them but they are still slow. They tried to dissuade me asking if i can take a month break before decided to terminate. i did, after that i wrote to tell them my final decision and they never reply back. the teachers are nice and sincere, just my son not learning anything...

Hi Janine
There's some kind of notice period but i got my refund before the end of the term (gave notice sometime in the 1st half) 300.

Back