Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

sharon, i duno leh, it was my sisters who told me abt seeing her 'operating' it lor.
wah, yr girl 8 mths nia already toilet trained ar!
not sure if I'll rem or not lolz(memory getting worse recently) but I must try to rem yr girl's face lolz. Do u go down often?

hsee, welcome.

joleena, how r u?

carol & deniz, both of yr kids must be much older than ours? I dun think i can bring my girl to e library - sure kana chase out. dun think they like to hv so many younger children in e library rite? - noisy?

violet, i'll try ...thanks
happy.gif

Carol,
Ok, we try this tues at 11am at the library. I'll PM u my hp no.

mum05,
No lah, think ur bb gal only 3 months younger than mine. I used to bring her to the library to walk around & play with the books when she was younger also. Wanna try for this tues also?

But I agree if we have too many kids, then gotta find another location. Anyway, don't think we'll be there too long & after that can have lunch!

Hihi

Seldom come to this thread for updates. There is a gathering on 7 Jul? Can come alone cos I am not good at handling my kids myself.
happy.gif

Looks like most of the kids are toilet trained already... my son about 26 months still on diapers... refuse to pee or poo at the potty/toilet bowl.

I dun know when he will be ready... how ar???
sad.gif

Hi Deniz,

PM you my Hp already.

Mom05,

Why don't you join us this tues. There's a corner there for toddlers and children. Deniz is right, just let the kids hang around, flip the books and all. Then we will just move on for lunch.

leng leng,
join us on fri?

Ladies,
Swensens does not take reservations for weekends so got to go there to get seats.
But i guess at 6:30 the dinner crowd not that bad.

Linsaw, Joleena and Sharon,
Pls PM me your contacts, mobile and hotmail, then I'll consolidate and send all of u.

Beluga,
Had yours liao so will send to you the rest when they reply.

btw, was at rivervale mall earlier & there's a cart selling oshkosh, gap & carter's clothes on the 1st floor near the KFC. Not that cheap tho IMO, but u can take a look.
happy.gif
I just glanced thru cos was in a rush to get back.

deniz
yeah i saw b4 also.. Sunday so crowded, only could see prices. can't push past the crowd coz baby in stroller. Short sleeved GAP checked shirt abt $16 or $20..

anyone wanna come for baby gathering this afternoon? Punggol Central Blk 646, 2nd highest floor, anytime after 2pm. My boy is 11m+. Nothing fancy, just let the babies play/observe/hit one another hahaha.

Sorry Violet,
Friday is my mama's day,
got to eat dinner at her place.
happy.gif

deniz,
foodcourt sounds good... kekeke...
cheap & good, but have to hunt for seats.

wendy,
sure u can join us on the 7 of july gathering.

violet,
i might be there early why not i go there to get seat.
need to have how many baby chair?
timing 630pm right

wow..so many postings liao!!

so happening here nowadays...HI to all new mummies joining this thread.

gathering? sounds interesting...may not be able to surf the web during weekdays now, mayb can sms or pm me lor..

happy.gif

linsaw,
that'll be great, so far 6 adults, 2 kids. My gal 4yo liao no need bb chair, beluga's bb 6mths(if I remember correctly hor beluga?) nia so most likely need 1. If no need when they come then remove lor. Will need Sharon's confirmation if she needs one if she brings her gal.

I'll tie up with you on Fri on the final no.? Timing is 6:30pm correct.

Linda,
Do join us la.... this is the '1st mtg' for our thread....

Hi Jen,

I've PM you the details of a new member Glayz as she sent it to me instead.

Welcome Galyz!

Hi Wendy,
Welcome and sorry I din see your post earlier. Do join us if you can. And update your attendance ok?

hihi

Thanks...
happy.gif
Count me in for the gathering. Sorry, I will try to be there by 630 cos I work in tuas and only knock off at 530pm.... will leave the office punctually on that day for the date..
happy.gif
cheers

Wendy,

No prob. C u on Fri.

Sengkang/Punggol Mommies 1st Gathering, 7 Jul, 6.30pm at Swensens

1) linsaw
2) violet + gal
3) chiart
4) beluga + HB + boy
5) Sharon + gal(tentative)
6) Wendy

Helo All Sengkang/Punggol Mommies

My first time here in this thread. Staying in Punggol and currently only 5 mths preggie. I wun be able to join this round's outing. Hope to be able to meet up with u mommies soon. Though bb gal not out yet..hope still can join the next gathering...
happy.gif

Hi Pa&Ma
kao_welcome.gif
Congrats! Take care and rest more!!! Which part of Punggol as you staying?

I also wish to join the gathering but my boy is having his jab next friday ... so have to give it a miss ...

hello Mikel

Thank u thank u...Yah..need more rest..very tired man..always up in the middle of the nite and stare blankly for 1 hr before sleeping..always same time ..between 4-5am.

Me staying at Punggol Central, Very near the church. Wonder u know where or not. Where u stay huh?

Me n hb celebrating our 2nd year ROM anniversary..for the last time alone..kekek. so cant join.

Oh btw, did u take up the 5-in-1 jab/6-in-1 huh? Today attended Antenatal programme and they touch on jabs.

Pa&Ma
I know your area, I'm at Edgefield Plains, the one near the TPE. Sleep when you can cos when your bb comes out, you can throw your nights away with the night feeds. Wah ... hope that you have a good celebration hor!
wink.gif

The first 2 jabs of my bb is 5-in-1 and the one next week will be 6-in-1. For his first jab, I forget to inform the doc that I want 6-in-1, so he followed the bb's health booklet and gave my bb the 5-in-1 jab. So no choice, now like that lor. It's totally up to you but less jabs for bb if it's 6-in1. In a way, less pain for your bb.

Which hospital will you be giving birth in?

Hello Mikel

Oh so we quite near each other..good in future can plan to meet somewhere nearby too..
happy.gif

Yah my phobia for the sleepless nite is building up liao. Scarryyy...me quite piggy one..but light sleeper.

Oh..so issit expensive? the 6 in 1? i heard got some other optional jabs...all so ex one..i already mentally calculating all the cost. kekeke. sure go broke man..

Me dunno oso ..maybe TMC/Mt A. But my gynae has her clinic in TMC...However i heard TMC nv give private suite. My frd who gave birth at KKH for 1st bb and TMC for 2nd bb...complained to me about her frustrations. Cos KKH give her private suite so she can scream all she wants..but TMC push her to one delivery suit full of curtains..and along side with 5 other mommies..all with epidural. My frd went w/o epidural. She was in deep pain and feel paisay to scream..kekekek

Hi Glayz,
sori ah must be my typo error.

Hi Mikel,
Hope you can join us the next time.

Welcome Pa&Ma,
All the jabs will sound so bery confusing esp. for 1st time parents.... But you'll get the hang of it.
I signed up the package for 6-in-1(3jabs) around $400. On top of wat's in the booklet that you'll get after birth, you may wan to consider the optional Pneumococcal jab(a/b $160-$180 per jab) and chicken pox jab(less than $100)

Ask the PD more more info on the Pneumococcal jab as diff age bbies requires diff doses and then decide if you want to give your bb. I'm giving my son from 7th mth old and he has to take 3 jabs, my gal 4yo only need 1 jab.

Another optional one is Rotarix to protect rota virus. Costs about $100 per jab i think.

The above are all PD prices and includes consultation. To save some $ call up some GP to check out their prices.
I intent to let my boy hv the MMR and chickenpox jap at GP 'cos prices diff is quite a lot.

Also if you go PD, call to make appt first else sometimes got to wait for quite long if there are a lot of walk in patients.

Hello Violet Blaze

Thanks for all the useful info...Reallie expensive hor all the jabs.any cheaper if we opt to do it in the polyclinic huh? But come to tink of it..quite troublesome at polyclinic..the long waiting Q. So which PD u using? The one in Sengkang/punggol?

Seems like u letting ur bao bei take all the jabs tat are available in the market..all these Pneumomcoccal jab, rotarix jab..are one time off issit..meaning once in lifetime huh...or muz renew after some no. of years? Pardon me for sounding silly hor..reallie duno much
happy.gif

So many jabs!!! Can they take it? Seems like bbs are having jabs every other months nowsadays ... What's MMR? For mumps?

Pa&Ma
I think chickenpox jap have to be 'renewed' every 5 years. Not too sure about Pneumococcal jab, ratarix. I went to GP for all his jabs. Went to a PD once and though I had an appointment but still waited for 1 plus hour! Told myself that we are not going to PDs unless really necessary. Imagine carrying a bb for so long and at intervals, no seat somemore.

Pa&Ma,
Better to ask anything if u r not sure whether it's silly or not 'cos can nvr be too safe when it comes babies mah. But yr question r not silly la 'cos I oni know HepB need to renew and Mikel just pointed out CP(Chickenpox) oso need.

Pneumococcal protects the child up to 9yo but some say for life.. I mean after 9yo they are not so much at risk so maybe why they say it's for life la. Not sure about Rotarix though. Think at least it protects the childhood period lor.
We try not to give too many jabs but PD told us that immunities for these viruses does not develop until the child gets them.
So we think dun wan to risk them getting something that is going to make them really sick lor. My gal hospitalize 2 yos ago due to pheumonia so I a bit kia si now esp. with my 2nd bb.

My gal is 4yo liao so i won't let her take the Rotarix but will go for the Pneumococcal soon.

I go to Kidslink clinic at blk 231 SK. The PD is pretty nice, and with appt usually wait less than 30mins. I heard fm friends go polyclinic with bb no need to queue. Call them to check la.
I go PD 'cos I compare prices to GP not much diff for most japs except CP and MMR so I thought go PD at lease I get to ask all the questions I wan on my bb's development and also get her to access my bb at the same time lor.

Mikel,
yes, they get jabbed like every mth or every other mth depending on which package u choose lor.... so poor thing hor. But then come to think of it they won't remember the pain when they grow up la.
MMR is for Measles , Mumps and Rubella, it's in the bb's health booklet. When I first see my gal's booklet 4 yrs ago, I'm so confused with all the jabs!

I read in the papers govt or ministry of health(can't really remember) is considering making Pneumococcal jab compulsory but nothing conclusive yet.

Mikel

So kua zhang one ar? the waiting hours so long..All these PD lah, gynae lah..making big bucks man..no wonder my hb tells me..if got chance muz get our little princess to become Gynae one day. Cos we know its good $..kekee...

HB like my dad..hope i can be a lawyer lah or MP one day..work by using mouth hahah..and earn big bucks..

With all these jabs going on, our poor little ones got to go thru the pain as well as the after effect such as fever or lau sai..

Violet Blaze

Gosh u muz be scared stiff when ur princess kanna the pneumonia. She got it thru frds in Child care issit. I heard fr frds that health of kids at childcare usually weaker..all illness spread very easily. Lucky tings the suffering for ur little princess is over. Tink i oso better be more kS abit in future..better be safe then sorry hor.

Yar, think I'll give my boy the jabs too. Will ask the GP when he's having the next jab. Better be safe than sorry.

Pa&Ma
Every parent will want his/her child to be someone great! Me too but my foremost concern now is for him not to be so naughty! You are wanting for ON spree, right? Me too ... hope someone will organise one near to Punggol/Sengkang.

Wendyg,
argh! missed the sat playgroup...

linsaw, pls get highchair for my bb. tks! tks also violet!

welcome pa&ma!

Re: jabs
me not opting for pneumococcal. cos below 1 yr have to take 3 jabs leh... and my boy not in childcare or at-risk (i feel lar). so i think i rather not take. not taking rotavirus also. i'll just stick to the compulsory jabs first.

Pa&Ma,
Dunno where she got it la, maybe CC, maybe playground, maybe library.... Suay lor.
Now she kena fm gastric flu, keep vomiting and LS these few days. Brought her to doc and she is better now.

Hello..

me back at work.. Day 1.. so far nothing much except to clear emails.

Re: Injection
Xuanting really poor gal.. she got her 3rd jab, the first 5-in-1 jab on Friday morning n Saturday 3am she got high fever.. Administered the syrup to her and she cried so badly that I only managed to calm her down half hour later.

She got the jab n the oral rotavirus vaccine.

Dun think want to give her pneumococcal vaccine till after 6months.. since after her 5th month till 18th month, she won't ve any jabs in between.

Anyway, no choice not to give bbs these vaccines.. else if caught, the trouble could b greater. I can't imagine the worse thing anyway.

Re: Polyclinic no queue for bb?
Actually not true le.. I asked the polyclinic assistant n found out that this only applies if ur bb is less than a month old. Else, got to queue le!

Hmmm... So if u bringing bbs for the 2nd jab before bb's first month then no need to queue lo.

Re: Highchair for bb
Personally think ikeas one re quite good n now got promo.. juz got two pieces from ikea last week... a bit ks huh even though xuanting now is only going 2b 3months old.

Hello & Good Afternoon to all Sengkang and Punggol mommies.

Today weather so shiok..How i wish i can be lying on bed. not coming to work..kekee. How i envy those SAHM..at least can nap a bit wen kiddies go to zzzz...reallie is a great sacrifice hor..But ultimately still worth it lar..At least u only face/handle politics with ur kids.
happy.gif

Ya mikel, me waiting for ON spree..Children's place oso leh cos they got further reduction. Missed the one by Slamdunk.

Aiyo Violet Blaze..muz be very siong for u when kids fall sick. I saw my Hb's nephew clinging on to his mommie like poor little koala bear..and wailing non stop when he had fever. The mommie so tired liao yet can put him down. Then kept vomitting oso..feed, throw out, feed, throw out..I see liao so heart pain..

Hello Beluga..since ur bb not in childcare and hardly mix with alot of other children..Maybe can skip those jabs first..Aiyo actually nowsaday so many jabs. We oso nv go thru all these, we still live til tis age hor..Dunno wat the world is coming to..so many funnie diseases nowsaday..SARS lar..Foot and mouth lar..Make pple gan cheong

Hello Koalarie..me oso very KS one..only 5mths preggie, already buy tings for my ah ger already..Dare not realie tell frds about it man..sekarly they lauff their heads off.

Koalarie,
How's ur day so far? Got separation anxiety from XT? It's normal...
Ikea high chair got promo?? hmm. wat deal is that? i bought the chair n tray @ $33 for a set.

Pa&Ma,
1st time mummy is like dat one. buy buy buy. me still buying...
got a the children's place spree by amy now. but closes at 1300hr. but so many things OOS.

Pa&Ma,
well.. with technologies so advanced that we can fly here n there n travel around thus more diseases re spread easily.

N these diseases n viruses re so smart nowadays.. can mutate somemore.

So, no choice got to play safe lo.

Anyway, it's k to get things all ready by 5th month.. I oso the same same then.

Luckily I did anyway.. coz by 6th month, my feet swollen till very pain n hard to walk ard. N my tummy was super huge. I gained a total of 21kg! Thank goodness, now left with only 8kg more to shed.

How much weight ve u gained since pregnant?

beluga,
ya lor.. got leh. N my gal's body temperature today went up to 37.4 degrees... juz now my mom called me.. i was so worried n wanted to take leave.. but first day of work, take leave like no good le. So, got to ask my mom to give her syrup 2 take lo.

Anyway, now she's so responsive n so fun 2 play with..Except during her sleepy times, she damn fierce nowadays too.

Kolarie,
If u using the ear thermometre then 37.4 is ok la. But I know for 1st bb sure more kan cheong one lor.
Now I 'seasoned' liao, 2nd bb 37.2 or 37.3 I oso nvr give paracetamol. So long as he still drink and sleep well and still poo&pee then ok la.
happy.gif

Hello beluga

Ya the children place spree by Amy..I just submitted my order...Just in time...kkeke .Closes at 1330Hr..

How old ur little one huh?

Hello Koalarie

Me by 5th mth only put on 3 kg..cos i lost a few kilo durin my first trimester lor ..My feet starting to swell now..very tight and alot of discomfort. So far my tummie not so big yet..Whole body dint put put on wgt yet..only tummie..
happy.gif

21Kg ...the weight muz be acting very much on ur swollen feets..muz have been very tuff for u..to shuttle to n fro to work hor.

Pa&Ma
Ya lo.. that's y i started a thread on No seats on public transport.. =p

Ppl nowadays are juz so self-centreed.. Haiz.

Anyway, 21kg was lots.. so many "unknown" aunties asked me if i was having twins till I tired of answering lo.

Great tat u dun ve my prob.. at least can get ur figure back fast.. me still look 4months pregnant le.

Try to walk slowly k.. n place ur feet on pillows when resting on bed.. at least not so bloated the next day.

Blaze,
Noted.. I ks ma. =p

Re: Barley water to less than 3months old bb?
Anyway, any of u give less than 3month old bb barley water (no sugar) in milk? Yu Guo physician 2day asked my mom 2 do so le.. said my gal a bit over heaty.

Koalarie

Singaporeans nowsaday like dat one lar..bo chap one..even the ladies who themselves had gone thru tuff pregnancies oso cant be bothered to give up their seats. When u kk go in frt of them to show ur tummy ..they look smwhere else..so frustrating.

Ya i hope i can have my figure back fast fast..and all the unsightly pimples that popped out during this stage..go away quick quick too.
happy.gif

I have a great encounter when I was very preggy with my daughter,
I was on the MRT & not very crowded but ALL the seats are taken,
as usual, all pretended not too see me.
A man in his early 20s was "sleeping" in the "please give up your seat to those who need it more" seat.
An uncle in this early 40s smile at me, I smile back, not knowing what he will do next,
he tapped on the "sleeping" man & say,
"you, young man, wake up and give your seat to this big belly lady (ta tu puo)",
that young man was so embarrassed & alight the next stop.

Then uncle tells me,
next time I want to seat, just wake them up,
that man just pretended to sleep when I board the MRT.
kekeke...

Hello Leng Leng

Wa that uncle so brave leh. He's not afraid that the young man will tell him off..saying u so kpo..u can give up ur seats since u are mr nice man kekekek
happy.gif

Ya. Leng Leng, that uncle really brave leh.

I ve encountered also a funny incident.

Boarded the train.. n tix youngster ard my age, late 20s or mayb early 30s, looked at me when I boarded.. then started to look down n looked at his shoes!

I was then reading and standing.. then something in my book dropped.. n he looked up n pointed that I dropped something.. n then continued looking at his shoes.

Hmmmmm.... Wonder what is he thinking during then.... I was ard 5~6months pregnant then.

For me,
When I was preggie, I was too lazy to go out, or I wait for my hb to transport me anywer... Work had company bus so not much of a problem...But the main problem is the walking to the bus stop.
But once I took MRT, there was these two women talking talkin talking, then midway they discovered that i am preggie(I was wearing this large comfy Tee that belongs to my HB, and if u dunno u will think i am plain fat...
happy.gif
) One uickly stand and offer me a seat....But I declined as the next stop is near and there will be some seats!!!! (Yishun)...

But nowadays, If I am not too tired(too tired mostly i already in a daze and couldnt see anyone...
sad.gif
), and saw some preggie I will also let them have the seat...haha....Its tiring to carry a ball...

Does anyone have this problem abt no seats

I used to attend my monthly antenatal checkup(during my first pregnancy) in KK woman AMK. There are very limited seats in that particular clinic. But some preggie brings their whole family with them and all of them (maybe they came early ) was hogging a seat each in a row...(the most i saw is 6 with only 1 preggie , 1 child, the other are adult family members....but upon check up, only hb and wife went into consulation room and they leave their bags on the chair to book the seat and the other four remain seated....@@).
What worse i also encounter MANY unconsiderate hbs who happily seat next to their wives, even when there are at least two other preggies who had to stand, the Hbs refused to budge from their seats. yes ur wives are tired due to their preggie state, but other pple wives also feel the same...I always get my hb to stand ot tell him to go out for a smoke whenever the clinic is full...at least this space can be used by the next preggie...But I was quite lucky, as i often book the earlier evening slot (I tried to make it before 6pm, before the crowd) so i get to be seated most of the time....(and my Hb is seldom beside me, often outside smoking...
happy.gif
)

the above are just my observations...

Back