My kids love it.
happy.gif

sammi,
oh yes,
after I intro this webby to my 2 kids,
hubby need to get another computer working for both of them,
else fight...
happy.gif

fabbaby,yalor..sometimes i will also grumble when will be my totally free time...hehehe..

Sharon ah,now ur gal gal at St Anne's church ha?heard it's not bad but difficult to enter ley...

Lydia.
because my husband, sabrina and I is catholic,
they open for catholic first then public.
so far sabrina is happy there and her chinese getting stronger.

Florence and Sammi
I use starfall to teached Sabrina since 1 year old. sabrina can read at 2.5 she can read any book indepentenly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3cwaS_-OXI

anyone have a idea how to teach creative thinking ? can share e idea
I brought sabrina out treasure search
2643092.jpg

Sharon, Sabrina looks so happy in the video.haha. also saw your wedding pic on the wall. heheh

is appletree good enough for 2-3year old kid? I wanna send Jaime to Chatsworth after he turns 3.but dont know where to go during 2-3.

sharon - ur gal so cute :p

is tat her 1st time reading tat poem?
my boy now can read many books... but i think more of "memory" then real reading as I had been reading to him everynite. :p

MTDT
No. Sabrina not memory the words.
sabrina can know phonice and she also can spell out the words by listening sound of the phonice

sammi.
Is depend. how you look at it.
for me I enrolled sabrina to appletree playgroup is because nearer to my house.
she actually improved in social skills.

Hi all,

I'm living in punggol. I'm a working mum to a 2yr old gal and 6mth old boy.
Glad to know there's a mummy's club here
happy.gif

lydia, have u tried their chinese sensei from the temple? do they collect fee or ang bao?

febbaby, yah just spoken to daddy. he insists baby to go cc at 2yrs old.. maybe i just 'look ard' first.

MTDT, kathy's bro just started to go cc this july. his name is brenddon.it is the same kids? i'm not sure they r frm the pasir ris or punggol branch though. hehe..

mimilim, harlow!

hihi mummies, i am keen to read bedtime stories to my baby girl, 8mths + now. her bedtime routine is USUALLY bath, massage, cuddle + sing song, breastfeed to sleep.

*USUALLY - because when her daddy is around. is bath, PLAY until super tired, cuddle + sing song, breastfeed to sleep.

how to start to read to her? she is always distracted. it is oso hard to massage for her as she tends to move a lot. pls share with me. thanks.

Chanel & mimilim
<wave>

Pkum,
My hubby reads to my gal before she sleeps every night. You may want to start by borrowing different type of books for her. Mine like those board books with flaps.

Hihi mommies,

Morning to you all. I have been following on this thread.

Do all mommies so far been reading successfully to your children?

kao_blush.gif
Xuanting though likes books, doesn't have patience with them. She would try to flip the page before you could finish. Or, she chose not to look at the book while my husband or I was reading to her.

I am out of wits on teaching her to read except playing games with her. She has so far been really good in identify words with pictures and knowing how to pronounce them as well. But, we want to expand her vocabulary too.

Care to share some tips on reading books with toddlers?

Sharon, Wow your gal a real storyteller...clever gal
happy.gif

My gal is 2.5yrs old, staying at blk 184 oso near to the chinese temple. SO near can arrange meetup :p

Can I know where did u bring your pretty gal to cut her hair? Nice hairstyle
happy.gif

Welcome Mimilim..

Pkum,I didnt try their Chinese Sensei b4 but I heard u just need to pay a min amt for the medicine,my gal go for their tuition.

teaching how to read
We should teach phonics sound first then the words is much easier for children to learn.
for teaching phonics the parents need to play with they and you can make phonics sound with them together.they will feel more interested to join in
when you are reading the story , you must enhance the phonics sound to them and parents have to act not just read the words only

with phonics children can read any words.. like malayu, hanyu pinyi, learning for foreign lauguage also much easier. sabrina also learning some German .

Precious
Thank you
sabrina never been to any hair salon,her hair cut myself.
happy.gif

i thinking of teaching creative thinking, currently searching for material and source and idea.
Do you want to join me ? we can share the idea.

pkum - ooh thinki maybe PR branch. dun recall any brendon in the young tods class :p

sharon - u really put in alot of effort then. ur gal really cute.
happy.gif

Reading - I started reading to my boy since 2mths old. and i dun like to intro fanciful books.. like books with sound/lights/flaps. i find them distracting more. i believe concentration can be build up. now at 3yos, my boy can sit down follow me read thru many books. infact sometimes i am the tired one tat bargain with him for "less" books ;p

sharon, sabrina is really a bright kid.

reading>> mummies, hehe i think i have a lot to learn from u!

Sharon: Wow, looks like pro cut
Creative Learning -Sounds FUN but I have no clue how to start.
Pls enlighten me, thanks
happy.gif

Reading: I bought grammar bks fm Pelangi. My gal sat tru 5 books &amp; was asking for more on last sunday :p

Sharon,
I only got a set of 10bks &amp; got them thru smh overseas spree...?
Do u mean u go JB &amp; buy or u order too?

Sharon: I used to take bus to go jb b4 my precious is born. I miss the nasi lemak next to the bridal shop &amp; their kopi at city sq....
So long nvr go liao... how u go there?

Finding kakis to go on weekday :p

I bought one of the little grammar books - I,YOU, WE fm compasspt cos my precious was holding on to it &amp; refuse to let go when we were there :p

So I ended getting the other 9 books fm smh o/s spree.
Hb also handpick 3 chinese readers for his precious :p

Now she can go saying 妈妈煮的饭真好吃....after hearing the ch reader bk.
Feel so good whenever she says that to me :p

Hi mummies! I am a SAHM with a 13mth girl, staying at Rivervale drive

ANy one got comment on talentplus playgroup at Blk 158? Saw their banner for 2010 intake. And do u think 18mth is too young for playgroup?

Precious,
I normally take yellow bus from kranji ofter go on weekend but now sabrina has swimming class on sat not going anymore.

Hi mummies, can I join this thread?

I've a 5YO child, staying in SK.

Any mummies interested in organising a JB shopping trip on one of the weekdays? PreciousMoments_tan? Sharon?

Hi Maple, welcome here
happy.gif

Looking 4wd to the weekday Jb's trip!
R u bringing along your 5YO child? boy or gal?

Sharon, I used to take bus 965 fm Sk to woodland often too kekke....
U can consider joining us with the above weekday's trip?

Cathay Cineplex...Mum &amp; Tots
Pay for one but get two seats
$8.00 (mon-fri b4 2pm)

Who's keen on Ice Age 3 (3-D)
happy.gif

Sharon: Noted.

Hi hi, Leng leng
happy.gif

Hi PreciousMoments_tan,
No, not bringing my child cos she has to attend school. You bringing your girl?

Hi Sharon,
Noted.

Btw, are there any mummies of 5YO / 6YO children?
Any discussion on Primary schools in SK/PG?

Back