Sembawang MTB or SAHM

Hi Taro

I think why YX behaves like this has something to due to separation anxiety. Probably was he was not used to being driven alone in the car without anyone sitting next to him to cuddle or talk to him as he feels abit insecure. this happened to my 2nd son, Breyon as well as he is very naughty sometimes he does not want to sit on the car seat so whenever we travel I will carry him and sometimes he likes it he will use the car seat. So now when my husband brings him out alone he will cry and cry till tired and sleeps in the car. This is really very stressful for the driver. So things like this is habitual maybe can train up YX as he is still younger not like Breyon. But also depends on the bb himself, cos as parents whenever kids cry we will feel sorry and always ended up giving in. Hee.....once in a while we have to be abit firm in order to train up a bb.
happy.gif

Hi Van

Louis is a handful recently? You very busy? hmmmm.....tmr will go for my review, keeping my fingers crossed that the x ray turns out well and I can start "learning" to walk. you take care and dun be too stressed out over taking care of Louis and household chores.

Hi ladies,
if you are dropping by Food Gourmet on fri during lunch. please let me know. i can meet you with you ladies. i am just working nearby
happy.gif

Hi Vineyard,
if you like durian, you can try the durian icecream. i bought the black&white brownie last time, it was good. you can ask gan and twins for comments. they tried it at my house before. they have samplings. btw, they sell in trays.
i went to the website yesterday and saw the log cakes. looks nice. too bad this fri i have a company trip to bintan. i won't be able to go and take a look.
happy.gif

Hi <font color="0000ff">Jolene</font>
kao_welcome2.gif

<font color="0000ff">Vivi</font>
How's the result of your X-ray? Can start to walk? Hope you're feeling much better and ready to your next steps.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">ALL</font>
Time is so precious to me now as the girls are walking and climbing all over the place. Just like monkeys in the zoo!!! And their "monkey see, monkey do" act is also driving me crazy... Chloe just threw her Sesame Street sippy cup out of my living room window this morning. Sigh...

Nevertheless, its all going to pass. Looking forward to them turning 2 now as time flies so quickly. Hahaha...

Taro - there will be plenty of time where YX will cry in the car. No matter what, your hubby will be affected by your boy. Encourage hubby to think of how sweet YX is & continue driving to destination. Alternatively he may want to stop somewhere appropriate & check up YX to see if he's alright. Hugging will calm YX too. Several reasons: Separation anxiety, needs company to be with him, toys, feeding time, sleeping time etc etc depending on your lifestyle.

Gan - Louis just learnt standing. Just hope he will learn it slowly so that I no need to be around all the time.

Vivi - Don't worry I'm very used to busy schedules. Making sure Louis is fine & safe will do otherwise on-off got to handle his separation anxiety again *faint* Even though doctor may allow you to walk, over practising is still harsh for you now. Physiotherapist will guide you along to strengthen the area so do be patient.

BBSG, Taro - can recommend some food for us pls? I will like to try out some new food, very sick with Sun Plaza food liao.

twins - your princesses are so adorable so with the new skills they learnt, I'm sure the time passes quickly for you.

Kerlyn - now I'm counting down for baby Louis's birthday. Finally our long wait is coming near...

Recently I went to library, noticed the books are almost empty. No more books to borrow...

Hi Jolene - Welcome to the thread!!

BBSG - Wow, retreat at Bintan? Ur office around Woodlands Terrace ah?? Got lots of yummy food suppliers there hor..keke
I went to the Gourmet something bought some sausages last month for BBQ. Cheap and good..keke

Twins - hoo hoo...looking forwards for the lil stars turning 2? Do u know that u gonna spend the terrible 2 nonsense with them? it gonna be worst than "monkey see, monkey do" ok?
And remember I told u my gal can run 50-60km/h speed..imagine..hiak hiak

Van - I tot u r cooking meals at home? Hmm..I'm also very sick of Sun Plaza food and the foodcourt at Jelutung CC also very miserable!

apple - nowadays my hubby prefer outside food so I follow suit. When he's working, I'll cook for Louis & my share. Got to go wet market tomorrow morning, food stock is running low again
crazy.gif

bbsg- wow the black and white brownie sounds yummy. but i will nvr have a chance to go there. so far from my workplace and it's always only weekday then open.

twin- my girl have been throwing every single thing out of her playpen eversince she learn standing with support on her own. sigh... she even purposely throw it out to see how the things suppose to be like when it was thrown out...

Hi Twins, thanks for the sms yesterday.

Twins and Vineyard - don't worry about the throwing of things around or from a certain height down. its part and parcel of growing of a child. as this is the stage where the bb is exploring and also bb very curious so they like to see things fall and from a height, they can see the falling movement from top to bottom. but also have to stress to bb that throwing of things is not good esp throwing out of the window. no doubt you can tell many times to bb not to do but kids are kids they will still do it. its ok have to be patient and reinforce everytime they throw things by showing them it is really wrong. hee....like wat apple say terrible 2 stage is a handful but don't be too stressed out by this as sometimes it can be quite enjoyable at some of the things our child can do. just be a patient with them and learn together with them as they grow....cos different child different habits and do different things so everyday is a learning day. take care and enjoy.
happy.gif

Hi Van,
i am also bored with sun plaza.. hehe.. think not much good food around. if you want to explore further, you can go chong pang. can take 859 to reach there. next to KFC is the Thai restaurant. very cheap and nice food. must try the pineapple rice, thai-style deep fried fish and fish maw soup.
happy.gif
btw, did you try the chicken rice at the sembawang mrt mini coffeeshop? find it not bad loh.

Hi Apple,
yes, my company same stretch. hehe.. jus opposite the Lim Kee Bun. the fan choi there is very cheap and nice. only $1 or 1.50, i can't remember but definitely cheaper than outside. others so so cos' i dun like fatty buns. i love Tiong Bahru baos.. hehe.. look out for the CNY rou gan sales at 'xiang wei'. it's coming... we always have enjoyable time shopping there and bengawan solo too..

Hi Vineyard,
the factory sales is only on last fri and sat of the month. they dun entertain walk-in customers on weekdays, so you will have chance to go..
happy.gif

Hi all,

I would like to join this thread as I'm staying at Canberra Rd and had recently juz become a SAHM with my 11 weeks old BB boy -Guanwen. Would like to make new friends around this area and learn from all of u how to take care of my boy.
happy.gif

Vineyard - Louis outgrow his playpen so now we let him sleep on the mattress during the night. He likes to hear sound from his own creation that's why he is still testing every single tiles around my house now
biggrin.gif
It's part of the growing up package kekeke There was a time he purposely plucked out the buckle from my shoe
happy.gif

Vivi - I also need to thank you for keeping me company. Do try to use this chance to get more rest. Get well soon!

BBSG - I like that chicken rice @ the coffeeshop next to the mrt too & it's even cheaper than foodcourt. The mentioned thai restaurant has got another stall along the Canberra link to Yishun, next to the Indian temple. I loved their cod fish! Can you roughly introduce some foods at the factory sale so that I can lookout for in the coming month.

CiN - welcome here. Wow Guanwen is coming to his 3rd month soon. Time flies isn't it...

Hi Van,
the thai restaurant that you have mentioned was previously located at sembawang shopping centre. they have shifted there cos' the shopping centre was demolished for reno.. i used to travel there purposely for the food from tiong bahru to sembawang before i move to sembawang.

you can take a look at the website for the price:
http://www.foodedgegourmet.com/
think there's two factory sales this month.

Welcome CiN
happy.gif

Hi CiN welcome to this thread.
happy.gif

Thanks, Van will take this chance to rest more. o btw will be back to office on 27 Dec since quite bored at home might as well go back to work and office has been crying for help since I was injured. will be either on crutches or wheelchair while working hope the traveling around is smooth later.
happy.gif

Hi <font color="0000ff">CiN</font>
A big welcome!!!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">apple</font>,
Hopefully when they reach their terrible 2 stage, I can send them to CC to "irritate" their teacher instead of me. hahaha...

<font color="0000ff">Vineyard</font>, <font color="0000ff">Van</font> and <font color="0000ff">Vivi</font>,
Oh, you three can form a "V-Club". Kekeke... Thanks for reminding me my kids are "normal" when they throw things out of the window. Hahaha... Yah, I was also quite amused by Chloe's reaction after she threw the sippy cup out. I told her in a very stern tone "You can't throw things out of the window!", and guess what? She stretch out her hands, palms facing up and give me that "No more, so how?" look on her face. LOL!!! Really dunno what to do with this girl man!

Okie, gotta go get prep now. Going kai-kai later followed by an early Christmas party tonight at our godparents' place. Ciao!!!

Anyone has a pair of SIZE 15 shoes similar to the one below? If yes, can sell it to me? Even if not brand new, I'll take it as long as its in good condition.

1122640.jpg

I got the above pair (brand new) from a friend and like it very much, but now I can't find a similar pair at Colettee or anywhere else. Just want to make sure my girls have a pair each. Hee!

Mini elcair: $43.87(12 tray)
1 tray: $3.66
3 trays: $10.98

profiteroles: $50.10 (4bags)
1 bag: $12.53

mini roll: $78.10 (4boxes)
1box: $19.53

nick: mrs ho
1) mini profiteroles x 1 bag $12.53
2) mini roll X 1 boxes $19.53
Total: $32.06

nick: fluffy
1) mini elcairs x 15 trays $54.84
2) mini profiteroles x 2 bag $25.06
3) mini rolls x 3 boxes $58.59
Total: $138.49

nick: apple
1) mini elcairs x 3 trays $10.98
Total: $10.98

nick: twins

nick: Gan
1) mini elcairs x 3 trays
2)*call to me add additional 3 more trays $10
nick: taro (taken over by gan)
1) mini eclairs x 6 trays $21.94
Total 12 trays

Total: $43.87

nick: BBSG

delivery will be between 3pm to 6pm

<font color="ff0000">mummies, you can choose:

1a) to transfer me the money today DBS Savings: 051-3-015565 (if making transfer, pls indicate ur nick)

OR

b) pass me later when you all collect at my place(pls bear with my messy house, as i'm doing a minor renovation)
Block 480 Sembawang drive #12-457</font>

i can be contacted at 98898900 =)

hi ladies,

can i join this thread too?
happy.gif
i actually live in Yishun but off sembawang rd and it takes me 10 mins by bus to go to Sun Plaza so I actually go there often.

My girl just turns 2 this month and I'm expecting a boy in March
happy.gif
Look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Twins, so sorry mine all boys can't help you with the shoes. But will check with my frens to see if they have.
happy.gif

Hi Adeline, welcome
happy.gif
are you working or SAH? so nice a girl and a boy. Mine both boys actually quite like my second one to be a girl but this kind of thing its not our choice.
happy.gif
its ok as long as the kids a in good health, I am very happy. Enjoy now, once the second one is born will be very busy.

Adeline - welcome here. Advance congrats for your new boy boy kekeke. Happy birthday to your girl. My boy is going to turn 1 in 1 week's time.

twins - oops sorry Louis's shoes cannot fit your princesses lah...

Vineyard , Vivi - actually twin's saying is right, 3 of us can form V CLUB kekeke

BBSG - I know that stall used to be at Sembawang shopping centre #04. Perhaps they may stay put as business is still as good as before & their rental is cheaper than old site too.

Thanks for the welcome
happy.gif

Van
happy b'day in advance to your boy too. wow 1 years old. any party plans??

Vivi
I'm kinda working from home but not doing that much yet hehe...too much flexible time and end up always going out to buy stuff or to eat :p

Thanks for the welcome
happy.gif

For mummies who are commenting on the Thai restaurant, there's a branch at Chong Pang next to the KFC. Same menu same price. Buses 859 & 856 from Sembawang reaches there direct.
By the way, do u mummies meet up?

I would like to share a photo of my BB but dunno how to shrink it. Any1 can teach me how to shrink it to the size that could be uploaded? Thanks.

CiN
I use Adobe Photoshop to shrink my photo...only way i know how to right now...do you have photoshop? if so, I can give you directions

Thai restaurant at Chong Pang
I live close by. Haven't been to that restaurant for a long long time though. Don't recall it was good that's why. If any mum goes, please share feedback!
happy.gif

I'm new to this thread too so not sure if you mums meet up but I don't mind, esp so convenient
happy.gif

Hi <font color="0000ff">CiN</font>
I'm also using PhotoShop. Most of the folks don't have Adobe but your Windows definitely come with Paint. So try the following instructions to re-size your pix.

<u>Re-sizing photos</u>
<ul>[*]Right click on the photo you wish to re-size and select Open with, then select the programme <font color="ff0000">Paint</font>. <LI>Pull down the <font color="ff0000">Image</font> menu, select <font color="ff0000">Stretch/Skew</font>. <LI>Under the Stretch section, change the <font color="ff0000">Horizontal</font> and <font color="ff0000">Vertical</font> fields to a smaller percentage, for example <font color="ff0000">50%</font> each, then click OK. <LI>Pull down the Image menu again and select <font color="ff0000">Attributes</font>. <LI>Make sure the <font color="ff0000">Width</font> and <font color="ff0000">Height</font> fields are <font color="ff0000">600 pixels or less</font> to play safe. Otherwise, repeat Stretch function and further reduce the percentage. <LI>Once the Attributes is 600 or less, pull down the <font color="ff0000">File</font> menu and select <font color="ff0000">Save</font>. <LI>Try to upload the photo in the forum and it should work.[/list]
Enjoy trying out...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Adeline</font> and <font color="0000ff">CiN</font>,
Yes, we used to meet up but lately, probably due to rainy weather and festive gatherings, we have not planned for anything yet. Maybe after Christmas?
happy.gif

Adeline, CiN - I will only be available after 26th Dec. Hope to see both of you too!

Adeline - We are going to celebrate Louis's big day @ chalet with family members. Hopefully the cloud will not cry on that day (pray hard). Sometimes I go to Chong Pang market to stock up baby food too. Normally very early of the day. Lucky you able to work @ home....

CiN - how's Guanwen getting on now?

Twin Stars
Yah it'll be nice to meet up after xmas
happy.gif

Van
where do you go at Chong Pang mkt for baby food?? i only go there to feed myself pretty much hehe

Hi Hi mummies

Oh I love to meet up since its been so long that I last seen some of you. But have to wait till I recover lah
happy.gif
Will surely organise one then. Now that I am injured and been confined at home most of the time. I realised, catching up with frens and gatherings with all people around whom I love and like is very important instead of just concentrating on one thing. We should live our life fully and enjoy every bits of it. We should have fun.

Hee........I have not really been to Chong Pang mkt to do mkting most of my mkting done at NTUC. I thot we have a mkt some where off those blk 416 or 417 its a small one though. I also not been there. But no choice la working mum mah so busy to do any proper marketing. But I heard my hubby saying the restaurant serving the thai styled food is the one that used to be at Sembawang shopping centre. I quite like the food when they were at Sembawang but have not tried the one near the KFC. If really is the same restaurant then the food should be good, esp the deep fried fish and pineapple rice.

Mummies,
Talking ab the Thai restaurant, I find the outlet at Chong Pang, next to KFC not as nice as the one now located at the factory hawker centre leh. I love their friend sotong and that in house fish!

Nicol,
Need your help. You know where can I find this Tomy Oven toy?
1158759.jpg

NTUC
====
I remember some of you mentioned there's a new supermarket at the HDB Town Council, think is 35DX is it? Is it opened already?

jenny - i went tpy kiddy palace, didn't c this lei. is this under the Pooh series one? although i say others set also like kitchen cooking one. like a stove and then some flying pan which is ard $39.90. hope this helps.

adeline/cin - welcome to SBW!

Hi all Sembawang mummies!!! I am living in Wellington Circle and thot I can join in this thread to know more mummies staying near me. My son is turning 1 yr next mth and hopefully, next time when our kids grow, they can play with each other.

Hi Adeline, really envy you for working from home but u gotta take care of yourself. Must be pretty tough working and looking after your gal plus pregnant with 2nd one. Don worry, you can feed tourself as much as possible cos that's what I do during pregnant. A good excuse for gorging down all food, but don really like it when doing confinement. A lot of food cannot eat, so miserable!!

Ohh that Thai restaurant, it's nice and cheap. Think it's well known to all people staying in Sembawang/Yishun. I like the fish maw soup, fried sotong, fried fish and pineapple rice. Always order these few every time I go, not adventurous to try other food stuff.

I usually go to the Sembawang Plaza branch and now the factory hawker since their relocation.

Welcome <font color="119911">Adeline & CiN to SBWM...</font>

<font color="119911">Twins, Van, Adeline, CiN</font>
Call me if u all are having a gathering next week. think there will be a x'mas celebration at Jeluntung neighbourhood park this sat rite? If i din read wrongly...

<font color="119911">Van</font>
Me too last time used to go Chong Pang market to buy bb food. More variety and cheaper. Now lazy to go liao too many ppl during wkends n my small ger likes to run abt. Sometime really feel like buying the strap to strap her dn onto me....

Hi Icelim/Twins/Van/Adeline/CiN,

Would like to join in any gathering you gals have since it's only at Sun Plaza (nearby). Can let me know if there is any coming up?

Icelim,
Too bad, can't join the X'mas celebration this sat. BTW, where is Jeluntung neighbourhood park?

I luv Christmas!!!

Hi Vine,

Oh, when is your gal's birthday? Mine is 14 Jan. Any celebration/party for her? I have no plans for any party cos no kids to play with him. Thot when he grows bigger, can bring him for bday parties at globetrotters/mac etc so he can play with friends he made at playgroup etc, SBWM fellow kids. Can't wait for the day to come...Maybe only makan at any Chinese restaurant with close friends and relatives.
Mummies, any nice restaurant to recommend? Anyone tried the Crown Village restaurant at the country club?

Adeline - I mean going to Chong Pang wet market to buy food for my baby to eat.

icelim - to me Chong Pang wet market is not cheap at all. In fact some of the items are more expensive. The only reason I'm still going there is because of the fresher food varieties and there are more stalls around. Our park here got event again? Maybe later I go down to open mailbox cum see the notice board.

Jac - welcome here. So your baby falls at the same month as Vineyard's YX too. Wow that's wonderful! Where is that Crown Village restaurant?

Jenny - same here I find that the Thai restaurant at factory hawker area taste better. OK I see if I can help you to find that TOMY oven. Sms you by tomorrow hehe. At this time alot of toys are stuck at US port, superb peak season again.

<font color="119911">Van</font>
Really? I always tot Chong Pang wet market is cheaper leh... C so many ppl buy like dun need money lor so tot is cheaper... Becos when i went to SBW wet market walk one round still cant find my "idea" food but go to Chong Pang got lots of thing to buy.

I saw the notice on the notice board near the lift.

So the Thai resturant had move there. When the sbw shopping center tear down i dun even know that when i suddenly feel like to go there yet saw e space blocked. So nvr know where the thai resturant move to where... now i know.... hehehe

<font color="119911">Jacq</font>
Jeluntung park is at Admiralty link far back at the SBW near sbw wet market.

twin stars
just curious hor...where do you all used to meet up for gatherings?? wish there's an indoor playground (cheap one especially hehe) around here but cannot find....u know what i'm referring to?? like the go go bambini, explorekids, ikea, imm, delta gym etc...i heard even toa payoh safra has a nice playground inside but still a bit too far :p

Jacq
i think sometimes going out to work is nicer than staying at home and look after kid but i only think like dat at times when i am soooo xian wif playing wif my girl hehehe....otherwise it's true i enjoy being at home wif her

Back