Sembawang MTB or SAHM

dorayaki

Hi all.

I'm an expecting mother staying at Sembawang Drive. Will be delivering my twins in Oct06. I've stopped work since Aug06 and will be SAHM for at least the next 18-24 months.

I'd like to link up with other MTB or SAHM staying nearby (we could all well be seeing the same gynae at Sun Plaza!). Hoping to form a little network with MTB or other SAHM staying around here. Looking forward to share and learn about motherhood as well as Tai-Tai-hood with you!
lol.gif

Hi,
I am staying in Woodlands, not exactly Sembawang. But we are seeing the same gynae Dr Lawrence Ang. He's fantastics. Rest assured dat u will b in gd hands. Welcome to Motherhood soon!

Hi twins_MTB

I stay in Sembawang and see Dr Ang too. My EDD is in dec 06 and expecting a princess.

Like your idea to link up mummies staying nearby. I also intend to be SAHM until my girl reach 18 months then send her to childcare. But will try to find bb sitter, if can find then may be can continue working. Else nobody will employ me if stop work for a while. By then, age is older and market value also reduce.

Do you have any lobang for bb sitter? So you'll alone taking care your 2 princesses, or you'll hire maid?

Hi JJ

You're expecting a princess too! That's great! Which part of Sembawang are you staying? Can PM me if you don't want to indicate it here.
happy.gif

Yes, I'll be taking care of my princesses alone with no maid. Its a major change for me to be a SAHM but with 2 babies on the way, I really have no choice. My hubby and I don't like the idea of having a maid, so I'll manage on my own till they are ready to go childcare, or if I can find a BBsitter who is willing to care for twins (at reasonable rate).

I know of a friend's mom who stays in Admiralty, and keen on BBsitting. Not sure if she's available now, but I can check for you if you don't mind that she stays in Admiralty and not Sembawang. My friend's mom speaks Mandarin and Hokkien, whereas her dad speaks English and Hokkien. Both are retired, in their 50s and currently caring for a grandson who is 1+ year old. Let me know, ya?

I'm also concerned that if I don't work for too long, I will lose my market value. So I will have to ensure my princesses are healthy and easy to take care, then hopefully can get someone to care for them in a year's time.

wink.gif

Hi twins_MTB,
Congrats for having a pair of princesses! I'm staying in Sembawang, also seeing Dr Ang and will be delivering in Oct 06.
You din join the Oct Mummies in Oct 06 thread?

Hi Jenny,
I saw the "2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs" thread first, so ended up there with the other MTBs with similar "conditions".

You're also delivering in Oct! Are you expecting a prince or princess? Your first baby? We might have met at Dr Ang's clinic before, who knows?
happy.gif

JJ and Jenny,
We can share information and stuff since we are staying within the same area. Just like "neighbourhood watch". hehehe... I'm staying at Blk 466B Sembawang Drive. What about both of you?

No wonder Mdm Chan (at Dr Ang's clinic) says almost all the pregnant ladies staying at Sembawang goes to Dr Ang's clinic. Hahaha... I think its true. I'll be seeing him again this coming Friday nite. Will be reviewing my options (natural birth or C-section). Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be natural delivery.

kao_sticktongue.gif

Hi mummies or mummies to be

I am also staying at Sembawang too, blk 357A. Just joined this forum. Hee........my elder who is 2yrs & 8 mths now is a handful. So didn't join any thread. Happened to see this one so I join. Want to make more new friends. Well I had just given birth to my 2nd son in May, very busy now. But I don't have the leisure to stay at home. Have a maid to help but regretted getting one. So if you all can don't employ maids try and take care of your kids yourselves.

Hi twins_MTB,
I'm expecting a princess. My 2nd bb. My 1st gal just turned 19 mths and is also delivered by Dr Ang. I'm staying at Wellington Circle, Blk 506A.

Welcome to this thread, Vivi C!
Wow, we stay pretty near each other, I think. Is anyone else caring for your kids apart from the maid? Why do you regret getting one? She's no good?

Hi Jenny
Are you delivering in TMC in Oct?

Vivi C and Jenny
Both of you are 2nd time mothers or mtbs already. Will have so much to learn from you both.

Hi JJ
You must be quite busy. Let me know if you are keen on the bbsitter thingy soon, okie? My friend's parents will be going to California for a holiday in Oct, so if you are keen, I can check with them before they leave. Else, I may not have the time to do this once my twins arrive in Oct.
happy.gif

Hey thanks twins_MTB
Yup I think we r only a street away. My caregiver's arrangement is quite bizzare......but have to make do now till they r much older. My elder son is taken care off by my mum and the younger one is by MIL as my mum is too tired to start another cycle of childcare. Did consider the option of sending my elder one to childcare centre but heard alot of stories of kids' health deterioted after that so dropped the idea. My kids are not basically taken care off by my maid cos she really has no sense of child safety knowledge no matter how many times I tell and teach her, so now her job is to do housework. Initially tot I can ease abit with a maid ard but now I m still as bz so regret lor. N all the things she do I need to oversee think more things to worry about.
U will be taking care of ur twins alone.....will be doubly bz, most imptly got to take good care of ur health then got energy to look after them. It will definately be a big change, good for u to be mentally and physically prepared.

Hi twins_MTB

My PC was down yesterday afternoon, so unable to login and reply u. :p

I stay in blk 357c, very near to Vivi C. I hope to have the bb sitter around my block as my working time is 9am-6pm. Usually reach home already 8pm. And we don't own car so must find someone nearby.

I m in IT field, so quite afraid noboby will employ me after been a SAHM for a while and will be in mid 30 by then. May I know how old are the mummies here?

Hey JJ

We are staying really near. If I m not wrong, the lady staying on groung floor at my block is doing bb sitting. Think she is one of the RC member. Not sure wat is her unit no. Her unit is just at the left side of the lift if u face the grass patch. U may wan to check her out.....things like, hygiene, background, etc. think she can speak english.
yup ur job is quite time sensitive as this area changes alot as time goes by.
Well, I m not young 33 this yr.

Hi Vivi C

Do you know that lady? Does she currently bb sitting? Can help me to check, may need her next year after CNY?

Are you going to be SAHM after confinement? Or let your maid look after your kids and you go back to work? Do you have someone at home when you go back to work or just the maid?

BTW, you delivered in TMC? Can share your birth story?

Hi JJ

I don't really know her but we do smile at each other or chat a little bit when see each other. Sure can check out for you. but have to wait till I go home as now staying at MIL place as younger son with her, so to help her with some night feeds.
Well I m already working, confinement ended 1 mth ago. No don't think I can be SAHM as can't take care of my boys 24 hours a day, still prefer to work. I don't really let my maid handle my boys independently as she has no idea of safety........my elder son is with my mum and younger one with MIL so maid is with her weekdays and my boys including the maid will be back to my home during weekends. With maid around sure need someone to oversee never entrust them alone with kids, never know what will happen.
No, I delivered my elder one at KK and the younger one at SGH.
Both natural birth as they turned down quite early during the 6th-7th mth. No drama for first one as on epidural and being first one, more difficult to push so in the end was assisted by vaccum. 2nd one more drama at SGH, well my gynea was transferred there to head the dept and to so call increase the birth rate there so no choice got to deliver there but personally I prefer KK. Actually the situation was the same for my 2nd one, no contraction, just spotting at ard 38th weeks so went straight to the delivery suite at SGH. Was about 4cm dialated, no contraction can't give birth so got to wait at the ward. My gynea so happened wasn't at SGH as he normally will go back for consultation work at KK one day a week. So waited at the ward, got more pain as I waited, at ard 5pm can't wait anymore so rush the nurse to send me down as I don't wan to wait till too late for epidural, the nurse still tot nothing of it and slowly send me down to delivery ward. Once there I experience more pain, almost like 12min interval so I quickly demanded epidural but the doc was on emergency can't give me epidural yet by the time she came I was like dialate fully liao was so painful tat I wan to beat them up as they said can't give you epidural as too late liao by the time bb will be out.....just then, the waterbag burst, actually I didn't really have to push much it was like the bb push himself out, all the nurse were so panic they quickly called out to the doc. Then 1,2,3 push the bb was out.....the doc garang gabok ah and worst my gynea was stuck on the road-traffic jam coming back from KK. It was his 2nd tat delivered me and they jab me to stop bleeding a while waited for my gynea to be back to stitched me up.......so from there all was history.
sorry gals......such long winded story.

Hi Vivi C

Good to have someone taking care your kids and you can still working. I may have to stop work if can't find bb sitter.

Thanks for sharing your birth story.

Hi Vivi C and JJ,
Wow, both of you stay really near to each other, and not far from where I am. I'm 33 this year too! Not young, I agree, esp if we are thinking of going back to the work force when we are in our mid-30s. Sigh...

JJ,
Yah, you should really get a bbsitter who stays near you due to your working commitments. The time required to send and pick up the baby from the bbsitter's place is also a major factor to consider. Would be good if the lady mentioned by Vivi C can help. Otherwise, take things one step at a time and don't be too stressful about it. Your princess will be able to sense it. Stay cheerful, okie?

Vivi C,
Thanks for sharing your maid story and birth process here. Though I'm mentally prepared for the arrival of the twins, I know I'll need lots of help in the initially months. My MIL don't stay nearby but she's willing to travel here frequently to help me out with housework. In fact, she's doing that now because my husband don't allow me to handle the chores ever since I was told I'm carrying twins. My elder sister is a full time home maker with no kids, so she drop by often too. We may work out some kind of schedule after my confinement.

Hi Jenny
We may end up in the same ward if we deliver around the same time in TMC. Hehehe... That would be so interesting!

Hi JJ

U r welcome, hope the story is not too long tat makes u sleep. Yes, though the arrangement is abit bizarre at the moment, one west and one east, its still leaving the precious ones with someone whom I can trust. Don't worry too much during pregnancy, it will affect the bb. Not difficult to find bb sitter one. Can ask around or look for those professional nanny agencies for referral.

Hi twins_MTB

Yup its really not easy to go back to the work force after a while. And with our age even more difficult esp if we wan to go back to the same salary and job level. So I think u r very brave. Yes u will need alot of support during initial mths esp the confinement period and u r first time mum with twins, double the work. So support from family members are very very important. Also hubby, plays impt part too. Its a relief u have an accomodating MIL and ur sis also available to help u. Taking of bbs alone, is not easy so with a relative with u during most times of the day will ease u off mentally and physically. At least there is someone close to confide to if there is something unsure u need to find out.

Hi Vivi C,
I actually prefer working than being SAHM. Had enjoyed working all these years, and had planned to stay the same way until my gynae broke the shocking news - TWINS! Kekeke... I had my share of depression in my first trimester becos of this. Very thankful for supportive husband, family members, colleagues and friends who were there for me when I had to adjust to the "shock".

Actually, I'm not brave to quit my job lah. I would say its more of a "no choice" situation. But at least I had come to terms with it and looking forward to a new challenge - be a SAHM. I believe this job is going to be more challenging than any other jobs I've had, but I do believe it will be equally rewarding at the end of the day too.
happy.gif

So you only come back to Sembawang on weekends?

Hi JJ,
Stay cheerful and think positive! Will keep a lookout for bbsitter for you.

Hi twins_MTB, got your PM to invite me to join this thread
happy.gif

I'm SAHM with 6.5 months bb girl..
Wow a lot of MTB gonna due soon
happy.gif
best of luck ya!

Hi apple
Thanks for responding to my PM. Hope you're enjoying your SAHM lifestyle. It must be fun playing with your bb girl. 6.5 months sounds like a very adorable stage for baby. Does she make a lot of "noise" as in trying to talk?
happy.gif

By the way, which part of Sembawang are you staying?

Yes twins_MTB, only go back to my own home during weekends. Weekdays will run to my mum place and MIL place to be with the kids. still very much want to get involved in their life dun want them to keep sticking to po po and ah ma or maid and don't want mummy : )

twins_MTB,
bb at this stage is very cute and playful. seeking a lot of attention too! I'm still enjoying SAHM and I think I can't bare to leave my gal to go back to work until she goes to childcare/nursery bah.
She makes a lot of funny noise and talking to herself too..haha

I'm staying at Sembawang Crescent..near the Police Stn.

Vivi C,
You're doing the right thing. Looking at the way my MIL spoil my niece until she gets out of hand, I also scared the same will happen to my babies. That's also one of the reasons why my hubby and I decided that I will be a SAHM and not let his mom take care of the kids. Else, the kids may get glued to their grandparents since they are bound to spoil them.

apple,
With your cute baby girl making funny noise and talking to herself, I bet you dun have the heart to go back to work now. Hee... Gosh, I think babies are cute, until they grow big enough to start asking too many questions and talk back. Hahaha... Will get very "gong" by then.
kao_dizzy.gif

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this thread. Now I'm at my 23rd week of the pregnanancy. It's a boy & I am seeing Lawrence Ang too. My edd is around mid Jan 2007. I am staying at Sembawang and am a SAHMums to be now.
Keep in touch!

Wow look like a lot of SAHM or SAHM-to be in Sembawang area ah!
Guess the area is new and not many bb sitter around..so most of us can't be help to be SAHM eventually :p

Hi Van
BIG WELCOME to this thread!
kao_welcome2.gif

With so many MTBs in this area, no wonder Dr Ang so busy nowadays! Hee...

Apple,
Popular Bookshop is going to open a branch at Sun Plaza 2nd storey soon. They are expecting good business for them because of us ---> SAHM and SAHM-to-be.
happy.gif

Hi Van

Welcome to join us here. U already a SAHM to be? U quit job before pregnant? Sometime I m quite envy those SAHM and SAHM to be. It's really not easy to be a working mum, go home still need to take care bb and do housework.

I remember few years ago, Popular bookshop was there in Sun Plaza but business not good then Yamaha took over.

I think if there is a shop like Kiddy Palace selling those bb things will be much better since Dr Ang Clinic is there, sure will have good business. There is no such kind of shop in Sun Plaza, I always have to go causeway point or town area to buy.

Thank you ladies!
That's great new => With Popular around, we don't really have to go elsewhere to buy some kids stuffs.... I don't think Kiddy Palace will have a branch @ Sun Plaza coz it's still too remote in terms of human crowd. Btw there's a Build To Order in Sembawang, heard that it's 4blocks of 4-rooms!

JJ, I think there is a shop selling children stuffs hiding inside 2nd floor of Sun Plaza. Err..I never visit the shop, usually I shop at Causeway pt.
Kiddy Palace is at Causeway Pt and North Pt, don't think they will open another one at Sun Plaza.

Hey Welcome Van

Hmmmmmm most of you are SAHM or SAHM to be.......if you have this chance, go for it and enjoy motherhood with your bb. The first few years, I feel its very impt to be with your kids and see them grow up. N I think kids also need mummy very much. So envy you all.......

O mummies to be once you all give birth liao remember to inform hor. take care all of you.

Yap I agree. As this is my first baby I do wanna spend the initial golden moment with "him". Knowing that I will be like a slave to my future super kid but still I am looking forward for it hehe.

Hi all,

I'm a sahm of two staying @ Sembawang. Can I join you guys.

I've two boys - a two-year-old and a two-month-old

Welcome Van and augustmum!

Nice to know that there are so many SAHM in Sembawang. It's really not easy to make the decision to be SAHM, especially if you studied so high. Anyone here is a degree holder?

JJ,

Ya, I'm a graduate but din see it a waste to be SAHM.

Very happy to be sahm but my only worry is the financial part. Dunno whether we can survive on one income only. The costs of childcare, enrichment, jabs etc kinda freak me out.

But hubby feels that if one of us stays at home to be with the kids, no need for enrichment.

Hi ladies
I'm back!

augustmum, welcome to this thread.
kao_welcome.gif

Its nice to know there are so many of us SAHM-to-be or SAHM here at Sembawang alone. I think most SAHM's worry is the financial part. But I believe many of us are educated enough to provide "enrichment" to our children, so we can kind of save on that area. A child's initial years is more valuable than the salary we fetch, I believe. Or maybe it only applies to my case, becos I have to pay double for everything right from the start. :p

Hi augstmum welcome to this thread. Where are you staying? Hm.....u also same like me, I also got 2 boys. So you taking care of ur boys alone? I wish I also can stay at home wif my boys like u all.

O JJ, I still have no chance to check with the lady staying at my block re. the bb sit thingy. As she wasn't around when I went back last weekend. Will continue to keep a lookout for u. no worries, u r&r ok?

Wow so happy to hear there are more mummies @ Sembwang!

twins_MTB is right - one of the most worrying area is $$$ and I do agree that nothing beats than spending quality time with our loved ones especially the initial years! We may earn lots of $$ in return when we get back home - children ZZzzzz no home quality time..... I really look forward for my darling to call me Mummy next year hehehe. Yesterday night he kept on kicked my tummy I could hardly get some sleep!

Heard that the response of the recent Sembawang Build-to-Order is pretty good! Amazing isn't it. Oh ya I passed by Popular - it's still under renovation. I think it's almost ready for business....

To those who is interested=> coming 28th got Isetan Private Sale!

Vivi and Van,

I stay at 351#, those with green windows. Only taking care of my two-month-old at the moment. Outsource my #1 to my mil. Hope to take care of him on my own once I've settle into routine with #2.

Ya, agree with Van on the part abt working and no time for kids. Was working till I gave birth to #2. Was half dead every time I got home to see #1. Got to try very hard to keep awake while he was home at nite with us. The little one would be so excited to be with us once he was home and would find 101 things to do. However, both parents were so tired...sometimes even lost our cool cos he kept wanting us to play with him and refused to sleep.

Welcome augustmum
happy.gif

Wow, mom of 2! I agreed that after work gotta rush home and take care of the kid is really not easy. Even I'm SAHM with a maid at home to help me, I also find that my time r practically controlled by my lil gal..haha..maybe I'm still tbf, so that's y I gotta suit her routine to catch up with my own time.

I'm thinking once she is bigger and attending childcare I can report to the society again, but then..dunno how am I going to cope after so long never been in the working industry..keke

No matter SAHM or not, it's still about time management after all. There no such thing as balancing your time coz there are bound to have unexpected events happening whenever it involves kids so try to take it cool!

apple & augustmum,
It wasn't easy for both of you to handle 2kids. Keep it up the good work! Not forgetting to take good care of yourself!

Cheers.

Van, I only got one lil gal with me..dare not think of #2 yet :p Gotta give myself a break before I continue my manufacturing journey..haha

Back