Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Orange and gigi thanks, I will see my gp if today still got spotting.

Today received news that my cousin just merried on april got pregnant about 3 months, I am happy for her but also sad. I told myself not to stress my self and cheer up as stress won't do any good.
Easier said than done, sigh...
hi straw1 dont worry you are yong you will succeed sooner or later plus you might have twins :) !

Gigi, I share your concerns too about nor-e. Didn't feel quite happy about it. Like you said, that is the purpose since we are already gonna be injected with so many hormones???? The CHR nurse said that because sometimes, those undergoing IVF might be stressed etc, the period might be delayed. Hence, it's difficult for them to plan their schedule. With nor-e, things are much more predictable. But so far, my period is like a clockwork (plus minus 2 days). So I dont think I need the extra progresterone. But still guai guai eat lor....

hi hi... me just called CHR to report 1st day menses so shld start jab in Oct but CHR calculated the dates for me and most probably egg retriver will be done by Prof Wong but putting back will be by Dr Anu... due to Prof Wong's leave from 10 - 24 Nov :(
will u gals still proceed? I mean I tot the whole cycle to be done by Prof Wong :(

I'm tinking to skip the Oct cycle so that both ER and ET will be done by Prof Wong... isit too silly of me to do so? @_@

miric - i may have to deal with this dilemma myself when the time comes. sigh.

but my question to you is - what if you skip this cycle and then the next cycle he is on leave again? as he may be on leave in dec as well. also no guarantee that he wont be on leave in jan, or feb or mar etc.....since his leave is not just vacation but could be because he is attending overseas conferences etc....

then where does it end?.......i also dont know......i asked DH and he said, quite difficult to plan swee swee all the time........

Miric, ~hugz~ Dont be sad. Sometimes it's difficult to get 天时地利人和, i.e. everything at the right place at the right time with the right people. You can always delay if you are in no hurry. But I agree with what kopibaby said. The good news is, Prof Wong will be the one doing your ER and it requires more skills than ET (ET is just like IUI). Who knows Dr Anu has lucky hands? :) Be positive yah...

kopibaby> yah...DH and I tot we chose NUH cos gov hospital got subsidy :p then cos of Prof Wong too ...if both ER & ET not done by him... hmmm i duno... in real real dilemma *arbish*
pardon if im being ignorant but I feel that ET is more crucial than ER?

Gd evening ladies..

This thread moving so fast suddenly..kinda lost track..
So in summary, gals with low amh - nervous_babe, gigi, kopibaby & me. Correct?

Miric, actually it all depends. Personally i also would prefer prof to do both ER & ET for me. Tats y we chose him as our gynae. Both steps are crucial to test the expertise of the gynae. For me, my left ovary is high so might be difficult to reach during ER. During my previous IVF, dr anu did monitoring for me & everytime during scan, she will keep emphasising tat mayb prof cant reach my left during ER. I was so worried as i have low amh so to retrieve eggs frm both ovaries is very crucial to me. But luckily on my ER day, prof came back frm leave, did my ER & manage to retrieve frm both sides. Thank God for tat. Den when he did ET on me, it was so fast & painless. Very pro. So im hoping tat i can catch him too this time round..btw hes known for magic hands no 2. Tats y the old post said..i think if time is not a factor, u might wana wait but as kopibaby & cheeka said, its might be difficult to catch him next time too. Discuss wif ur hb & follow ur heart k. Or mayb u might wanna ask CHR his schedule for jan onwards..

Sisters would like to ask opinion. I still have some spotting in day 3 after hsg. Done my hsg on tuesday afternoon. Did call nuh and dr yong from radiologist call me back saying she can not asses me through phone and If I have any concern I should go to see gp or a&e and she told me I dont have to call them again. I went to gp today evening and he is clueless telling me to go bavk and call nih as there might be some conplication if still.bleeding. I will see prof on 12th, should I wait until I see prof or should I go to another gp or should I go to a&e (which is my very last option) as I dont like to go to a&e.

Hi straw. My spotting after HSG did not last more than 2-3 days and was quite light. I think if your spotting still continues and does not seem to be decreasing, you shld go and see prof asap. Maybe call CHR nurses tom? Some are quite nice and may be able to advise u? Not sure though. But I feel it is better to be safe (and kancheong) than sorry. Hope the spotting stops soon!

@straw as i told you before i bled for 3 days And it stopped if you re worried why dont you go to the emergency or ask for an other gynea to check?
@ syrian magic hands 1 is lc fong or sf loh? Cant remember but i agree t i Am also here for pc wong only not for any other doc

Annie gigi and orange I have not transfer to chr yet still with the woman clinic, and also prof is on leave this weekend if I am not wtong. This morning I didnt see any spotting. If afternoon still have I may go to another gp.
Thanks for the advise

morning!!

gigi - i have some gfs who had put on weight and stomach bloated then looked like they were 4 months preggie! while some others no weight change...
so i guess a lot depds on individual and you wont know how your body is gonna handle it until you go through it yourself....

dont worry - if you do put on weight, the weight gain is def worth it when you get a bfp! :) jia you!

Morning ladies..happy monday to all!

Gigi, magic hands no 1- sf loh. :)

Straw, how r u? Hope u doing fine.

Bb_blues, u starting nor-e today rite? Tmr my turn..kinda excited. Hope everything will well for us all..
Take care ladies..

Gigi and straw thanks the bleeding had stop yesterday. I think I am too kancheong.

Happy monday to everyone.

Tsf hope u enjoyed yr holiday! I am still on holiday and will be back this afternoon. :) Today is our 7th wedding anniversary and we decided to take a short holiday before the madness of ivf begins next month! Happy Monday ladies!

Good luck to all ladies who are going through your FET or first IVF cycle. Jia You!! Have a great week everyone :)

gigi - i did not put on weight but have bloated and bruised stomach (due to the jabs).

Just came back from NUH this morning after my blood test in CHR. Given green light to start my progynova today. Any sisters who has done their FET can comment on my blood test result as below:-
1) E2 - Less than 70
2) LH - 1.6
3) FSH - 2.6

Hi ladies, updates for Prof Wong's leave:
11/Oct - 20/Oct
25/Oct - 28/Oct
10/Nov - 24/Nov
At the moment, his Dec is available...
So for my case, if i die die want Prof Wong do both ER & ET will need to postpone till Dec... but of cos, he might not be around again...
any one of u postponing or proceed with other Dr?

Hi girls thanks for the weight update
Oh gosh he travels way too much!!!! Well as per now i stick with him but hopefully he ll stop running around Am 38 yo this year is MY year

Hi ladies..

Tsf, hows ur hols? Had fun? Gd luck for ur 1st jab this sat..

Anie, happy anniversary! Hope u had fun holidaying. Yup better do so b4 ivf begins..relax & rewind..

Gigi, i also did not put on weight during my last cycle. Only felt bloated..so all depends on individual response to jabs..

hi all.. am loving the weather these few days..! ~~
saw prof for the first time last week and am currently redo-ing the battery of tests (D21, D2, scan..) these 2 weeks before consultation again..
looking at the list of leaves, i'm abit apprehensive on whether i can even start this year.. (i forgot to ask the nurses on the probable waiting time last week)! o_O but i guess i will wait for prof no matter what, cos' it's my 3rd fresh and am not taking the chances.. :oops:
meantime, i guess i ll start TCM and maybe go on a holiday first ! Hahaha..

Morning sisters!
hi fuztweet, jia you! At least he runs through all the tests again to have his own set of readings for his diagnosis... cost a bit but I think it is worth it... xin ku ni le :)
since this is your 3rd fresh, really take ur time to tiao your body to the most ideal, anyway he is away, unless your cycle can meet his presence.

Cheeka, which phase are u at now? I am lost over here, so many sisters at diff phases...

hopemiracle30, ya.. I guess it's worth the effort and cost... cos' my previous blood tests are abt a year ago.. and I have had ovarian cysts (that have since been removed) so it's good to check before starting on anything..

Jiayou to all who are cycling now ! :)

Dear all, I did my ET on last Friday & I have 4 embryos frozen...

Just come back from post ET check up and Dr Chew ask me whether I put on weight??

Only then I remember tat I forget to buy a weighting scale lol!!!

Is it too late to buy a weighing scale to watch my weight now??

Actually I'm feeling quite alright but feel tired easily ....

Duffy_bear, congrats on your successful ET!

Why do you need a weighing scale? Are you a risk of OHSS? You retrieved alot of eggs? If you don't feel breathless or bloated then you should be fine. Drink more isotonic drinks or eat more egg white or immunocal to reduce the bloatedness.

Did you take the hospitalisation leave? If feel tired just rest. Enjoy your tww! :)

Homemiracle, Im at nor-e phase. Will end this Thursday, and supposed to see Prof next week. I cant wait to start my cycle and end it. Btw, prof wong will be aired on TV tomorrow night, either channel 5 or channel news asia about infertility.

Congrats duffy_bear! Just relax and enjoy the 2ww. Hydrate urself well, eat well, shit well and zzz well.

Cheeka, good! stim soon. My advice is to take it one step at a time. Dun look far ahead and dun look back :)
Will try to catch him :)

BB, I retrieved 12 eggs in total but 6 eggs survived and transferred 2 beautiful embryos so left 4 strong embryos to freeze on day 6 after OR for future use!!

Right now, taking egg whites on and off, cook longgan red dates water to drink ... Eating 3 - 5 seeds of durians every alternate day too...

I'm taking hospitialization leave to rest but oso walk walk abit at home ....still doing abit light household chores too...

Hope, dunno y I got alot of gas and keep giving out gas lol :( but so far can shit well lah... Hahahaaa...

Duffy, as what they said.... as long as you can eat well, shit well, everything's gonna be fine! :D

QUESTION please: I am supposed to eat Nor-e until Thursday, and see Prof next Tuesday. But I started spotting today. I suspect that if I stop Nor-e immediately, my menses will flush immediately! How arh? Do I still continue Nor-e if menses come? If menses come earlier, do I need to report to CHR? Today is CD28, when my cycle is normally CD30.

Cheeka, I think better to call CHR and ask before they close for the day. I would think your menses will not come full flow if you are on Nor-e.

Hi girls sorry very hectic at work
Yes cheeka call the chr could it be spotting due to acupuncture? It happened to me once like if they were flushing my utérus veins :confused:
Whaou Duffy bear So many eggs my dream :) for the weight thing my jeans Will answer no scale needed ! Whaou our doc on air what a star :rolleyes:

I am on nor-e twice a day, normally I eat after lunch and dinner.
I dont think it's acupuncture cos I dont do acupuncture after mid of cycle. Last time I did acupuncture was maybe 12 days ago.

Duffy_bear, pls don't take longan anymore cos' once your embryos implant, longan will actually cause miscarriage. Don't over do on durian, body too heaty will inhibit implantation, take brazil nuts as well. 2 - 3 nuts a day is sufficient. If you are ok to drink milk, try Ensure. Durian keep it for your implantation days. If you read back on the history of the thread, you will see my posting on which day is likely your implantation day depending on your transfer. Also, look out for sudden increase in weight, which is like 2 - 3kg within a day or 2 kind. That's symptom for OHSS. All the best!

All the best to the gals that are going through Fresh or FET this month. Twinnie dust to all of u!

Reactions: CMR
Hi Maomi!!! How are you doing? Thanks for your wish! I hope can follow you soon. Any insights from you about twin pregnancy? Im still considering whether to put back one embryo or two embryos.

Cheeka, u taking nor-e after lunch & dinner? Just started mine today. Pharmacist told me to take morning & night. At least 12 hr apart, at same time everyday. Better ask CHR abt ur spotting. Thought CHR said nor-e will delay menses. U called CHR already? Btw thanks for the info. U mean prof will be on tv this wed? I saw that channel 5 airing a programme - on the red dot at 9pm tmr abt infertility. I think u r referring to this show..dun forget to catch this show ladies!

Thanks Maomi for dropping by..grabbing ur twinnie dusts! We sistas need lots & lotsa bb dusts..
I didnt noe tat longan can cause miscarriage if we consume it after embryo implant. Thanks for the tips.

I finished taking my NorE but I never take 12 hours apart... Would it be ok??
I'm feeling all the menstrual cramps coming... When should period come after stopping NorE?

Maomi - thanks for your wishes. I should be doing my ET around 26 or 27 Sep.

Duffy bear - good luck dear.

Dear sisters - if u re free tomorrow evening, you can tune in to ON THE RED DOT on channel 5 as the topic is about infertility. I saw PC Wong and the IVF counsellor in the shot.

hi the nurse told me "2-3 days but it can happen they don't come and i should not care"
but some girls might tell you better here
not sure about the 12 hours thing - they told me to do that too yes that i remember also- but i cant remember if they did insist onto that point or not

Back