Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hi,
I am new here.
Can I find out during the days before ER and ET - when you go for checkup to monitor the follicle growth - do you see Prof Wong or do you just go to the CHR to see the nurses?
Given PC Wong's leave coming up, I am just wondering whether is it better to have him around during the monitoring stage as he will decide whether need to up dosage or not, or to have him do the ER/ET?.....

straw 1 - below is some of my suggestions and hope it is useful to u ;)

1. drink goat milk (from hay goat farm) or red dates with longan or chinese herb (from tcm)
2. go body massage or foot massage. Plus, wear sock when you are sleeping and slipper when you are at home.
3. Acupuncture will definitely help. For the duration, it states at least 90 days in an article but I agree with cheeka's statement - when enough is enough.

Good luck, dear

8437, member: 130304"]straw1, did your tcm say not suitable to start cycle? My tcm also say my womb may be cold and she advise me to drink ginger with red dates and longan tea. Does your tcm do acupuncture? I think acupuncture helps in blood circulation too. When are you starting your cycle?[/quote]

My tcm did not say if I am suitable or not.i don't have a cycle schedule yet as I am gonna see prof on 12th hehe, I am just too anxious to plan my cycle ahead, so I would know what to ask prof when I see him if everything go smoothly.
Tomorrow I will do hsg.

straw1, in this case, there should be ample time for you to tiao your body with tcm. May I know which tcm you go to?

Hello ladies
We are quite a few starting nor e this week ! Thats great :) i wish you All the best BFP
Well for this cold womb thing i agree start tcm asap and most important is to get a slot for ivf cause pc wong schedule is very tight
Also i Know when he s away there s another doctor in charge dont Know how she is though i think the best is to have him available the whole Time but when you Check his schedule easy to guess its almost not possible :(
Last question for the pergoveries jabs girls is it the pen type or do you think we should have it done by a nurse ? Have you tried or asked? I forgot
Have a nice week

kopibaby - welcome to this thread. :) For my previous IVF in Jan 2013, PC Wong will see me for the checkup on the follicle growth. Each visit, he will tell me on the number of follicles on each side, size of the follicles and thickness of the lining. Then, I will proceed to the CHR (1-2 hr later) or the nurse will call me in the afternoon on the dosage for the daily jab based after PC Wong reviewed my blood result.

For your 2nd question, I am lucky to have him for the 3 stages. But if I must choose, I will want him to be with me on the monitoring stage. Because I need to pass this stage before I can go ER and ET. But it is my personal thought.

Hi all, how r u??? Have started NorE on 31st aug... Doing scan and see prof tmr to determine go ahead or postpone.....

Cheeka..yesh lets all jiayou together..hope we will all be blessed with BFP! *keeping fingers crossed*

Kopibaby..during monitoring stage, u have to go down to O&G very early in the morning abt 745 for scanning by prof. Den u have to go to CHR for BT & collection of drugs to jab. CHR nurse will teach u how to mix the medications & how to jab urself. Nurse will call u sometime after BT to update your next dose. Prof might wanna to increase/decrease ur dose based on ur BT results. If me, I would rather have him around during ER/ET. Thats where his skills & expertise come in esp in ET when he transfer our precious bb in. During my previous cycle, i was monitored by dr anu coz prof on leave. Dr Anu warned me of my left ovary position high so might nt reach during ER. Was so worried but luckily on the day of ER, prof came back & manage to retrieve frm my left. Thats y i say not every dr can do so. Its mainly based on the dr's skill & experience..hope i can catch him for my ER..

Straw..all the best for ur hsg tmr..

Gigi..the pergoveries jab comes in 2 vials. You have to mix the liquid & the powdered drug to mix, remove bubbles & jab. U can do it urself once u master the skill. Not difficult lah. Dun wori k..

Cheeka yeah you are right age is catching up, but I want to do as much as I can in my power to increase the chance ;)

Orange : try to call hay farm tjis afternoin but they deliver only durinh workimg hours and not doing delivery in cbd area, i guess i have to exclude the goat milk in my diet

Gigi and syrian thanks, hopefully my hsg won't gey worst that last year sono.

Kopibaby welcome..

Gigi - I am not doing any ivf this round, but heading for my FET as I have 2 frozen embryos. I have delayed my FET till Aug due to 2 reasons. (1) My gf asked me to try conceive naturally after my failed ivf as she did get pregnant on the second month after her failed ivf too. Some people believe the womb is fertile after all the jabs and pill so it increase the chances. (2) My colleague went for maternity leave from Apr to Jul and I need to backup her paperwork during her absence.

Anyway, I should be doing my ET around end Sep according to the CHR nurse.

orange, gigi, syrian and straw - hellloooooo!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I was just reading the forum yesterday and someone mentioned about PC Wong being on leave in Oct and Nov. I wasnt aware of the Nov leave.
We havent done the counselling yet. I know the counselling is compulsory but does anyone know whether must we do the counselling before we start any medications?

Anyways, I am just finishing up this menses now and then wait for Sept menses to start before calling CHR. But I am thinking the ER/ET may be during Prof's Nov leave :( So dunno leh....Sigh.

And oh, I didnt now must mix medicine before jabbing ah? I thought just take the needle and then jab.....

Also, that means everytime go for scan and collect medicine may end up spending the whole morning in NUH? I just need to know to plan work schedule.....

Thanks again all.....

Gd morning ladies..

Kopibaby..im seeing tcm this round. Prefably start tcm at least 3 mths before scheduled ivf. But i noe some sistas did start tcm later & manage to bfp. U might wanna start seeing one soon since u kiv start next cycle. Btw u need to go counselling & settle all paperworks 1st before embarking on ivf.

Prof will be on leave frm 10/11-24/11 so if u are worried abt clashing wif his AL & if time is not a factor, u might wanna postpone ur ivf till hes available, perhaps dec/jan. Or mayb u might wanna discuss wif CHR, who noes ur cycle not clash wif his nov leave. Heard tat he will be on leave in dec too. But not sure date though. I will ask for u later k coz im dropping by CHR to collect my nor-e & settle paperworks.

Just to let u noe ivf got several jabs to be done in a day. Dun mean to scare u but at least get urself mentally prepared. For my last cycle, i was given gonal f (pen type injection) , cetrotide & pergoveries. The latter ones need to mix. But who noes ur protocol might be different frm mine..

Usually u go for scans early morning abt 745 during monitoring days. Den go CHR for BT & meds..can leave by 8+-9am. Mayb u might wanna take time off in the morning. No need to take whole day leave as u need to come back quite often for scans esp when nearing ER date..hope my info helps..

Morning All... I'm back..... Glad to see so the thread has become so active with many new sistas... Good luck to those starting their cycle soon....

I seen prof last Friday and will be going for medicated Fet in October/ November and now I am also worried about his long leave.... so must plan properly. =)

Hi miraclez! Good to know u r starting another cycle...

Jus seen prof... Finally decided to proceed despite my condition... It's like taking a big gamble...

By the way, jus checking, how do we pray to Zhu sheng niang niang??? Wat offerings must we prepare?

syrian - thanks for the info! Very useful! :)

Yes, if you can assist to ask about his dec leave, that would be appreciated. I tried calling the CHR but the line is usually busy :(

tsf... congrats that you are progressing well and embarking on the ivf cycle... You starting jab when?

Where do you pray ZSNN? Usually I buy the offering from the temple.. Just tell them you praying zsnn and they will pass you what you need. Some ppl will bring flower some will bring the face powder.. you know those old old time those white chalk like powder? In a square box and got a lady face in front de.

Miraclez, so happy that you are back on track!!! :) Welcome back!

Kopibaby, I started acupuncture last year every month (2x weekly before mid of my cycle).

Straw1, guess what? I went one of those saturdays to hay dairies, the lao ban and lao ban niang were there manning the stall for people to buy their goat milk!!! If you want, you can go and buy on saturday, but call first just to make sure that they are open.

Tsf, hey! I also started nor-e on 31 Aug! :D When are u supposed to stop nor-e? I am supposed to stop on 12 Sept.

Cheeka... good luck for your ivf cycle...=)

I tried off the shelf goat milk and cannot take the smell lo..... Fresh one got smell???

miraclez - welcome back. For your better planning on your medicated FET, I did not see PC Wong during my 21 days when I am taking my Mercilon pills. Even the decapeptyl jab for Day 14 was done by the CHR nurse. Only my menses come, the CHR nurse said I will see him on the 2nd day to do the scanning. Hope this info is useful to u. :)

tsf - I know there are some ZSNN temple has old aunt who will pray for you. They ask me to buy a set of the incense paper as well as fruits.

cheeka - I went to the farm on last sat morning and had a short tour with my DH. Too bad, the goat milk can last for 10 days. Wonder my DH will drive me from punggol to there again. Hahaha....

Miraclez - I bought choc flavour. I don't find the smell strong.

Orange.. you take lamb?? I cannot take the goat smell lei... The off the shelf one I try a bit and puke in the sink.... haha...

Choco flavour can cover the smell??? BTW the farm is at Punggol? I always tot its at CCK...

Hi ladies..am back frm CHR..collected my nor-e already..did my BT for amh as well. Hope my reserve will not drop further..

Kopibaby..prof has blocked his AL frm 7-14 dec but still pending. So not confirmed yet. Asked CHR y did prof take so many long AL frm oct till dec. Told them my concerns abt not catching him for my ER/ET. Said tat hes attending some conference overseas..so cant be helped..

Miraclez..welcome back. Glad to noe tt u starting ur FET next mth..gd luck!

Tsf..congrats on starting ur cycle..try not to stress k. Take one step at a time.

hopemiracle - i think one of the sister said in the previous thread that can warm our womb and body.

Miraclez - I am a greedy gal as I eat all types of foods including lamb. My favourite food is chicken but hardly eat now due to my FET. For the location of goat milk, you are correct as it is located at CCK. I am referring my DH will go crazy to ask him to drive from Punggol (my home) to CCK for the coming weekends. Hahaha..... I doubt you can take choc goat milk as you look more sensitive to the smell than me.

thanks Orange-Tigge :)
I scare to take meh-meh pdt... my dad said will have body odour ley... tried mutton accidentally once and I developed BO for a while. Still wondering if indeed there is a correlation... haha, I have not taken eversince. haha

Thanks Miraclez... I drank the pure white goat milk, I didnt find it smelly though. Im not sensitive type... but I only drank once. Too inconvenient to go there to buy.

hopemiracle - you are soooo young!!! :)

syrian - thanks for helping me to ask! hmmm.....i also dont know how....whether to wait or not....

orange - how come going for FET cannot eat chicken ah?

Cheeka the farm is very far from my home

Just came back from hsg, last time prof said can check have polyp or fibroid from hsg but when I ask the dr, she said can noy see . Can see those from ultrasound, wondering actually can see or not...
Last year I did sonohysterosalpingogram at sgh and they found left tube was blocked but tuday accoring to doctor hsg, she said both yube are okay.

kopibaby and cheeka, yeah... think many meh-mehs here, I shd be one of the youngest here as of now :)
Think one of the sisters mentioned before about chicken have been injected w steriod to boost their growth, so Dr Zou advise to eat more fish, vege etc.. but less chicken, maybe Orange-Tigger mentioned that?

Straw1, think HSG can only test the tube right? Ultrasound can check for fibroid or polyps better.
Are u feeling ok from the HSG examination?

hopemiracle - agreed with kopibaby - you are so young. :D Anyway we can still replace this goat milk with red dates and longan drink.

Kopibaby - my tcm said that some chicken vendor injects steriod on the chicken to grow bigger and fatter. But you can still eat kampong chicken. :rolleyes: During IVF/FET, it is always recommend to eat fresh, nutritious and organic food (refrain from instant noodle too) so that we can increase the chance to get BFP.

Last edited:
Orange-Tigger, thanks *shy* :oops:

haha, so many nicks now till we all go blur blur...kopibaby becomes kopimiracle :)
Orange, no offence k, just find this funny. Good way to break the monotony of work :p

orange-tigger: wah!! i LOVE instant noodles leh.....aiyeee.....
thanks for sharing the information. fresh, nutritious and organic food i def dont have lor coz i dont cook at all :( eat outside food everyday. sigh. in fact, i am wondering where i can find a place to have home delivery for lunch since we are supp to bed rest for at least the first 5 days after ET right? i have no one to cook lunch for me.

hsg only check for blocked tubes. at least straw1 can tell the results. when i did mine 3 years ago, despite bearing with the pain and all, the results was inconclusive!! thats why this time round, i dont want to go through it again.

Hopemiracle I am fine now backto work already, just having bleeding like period come but thay said it is normal.

Which fish that is safe to be consume frequently which is have leaa mercury in it? A bit worried to eat sea fish coz of the fukushima radiation leak.

miraclez - missed you babe! I saw Prof after my BFN and he has aked me to go for another round and transfer likely end of Oct early Nov. What i did was ask him to plan such that he is the one who transfers and he did it for me. If you ask him to plan around his leave - that will be good. I am thinking of delaying by 1 month. Not quite ready plus many things going on with work :( I am going to call CHR and ask if i can have another appointment with him to plan or to delay my next FET

Kopibaby, no instant noodles okay? No no! It's unhealthy and has little nutrition except for MSG! :p

Welcome Kopimiracle!!! :p

Straw, isn't that great that both your tubes are okay? Maybe it fixes itself? :D

Straw - Fish that's high in mercury includes white tuna, shark (also known as flake), frozen swordfish, mackerel, grouper and marlin. Fish that contain low levels of mercury include salmon, flounder, trout, haddock, tilapia, and canned chunk light tuna (not albacore). If u don't know some of the fishes, you can go google and key something like - flounder image. The fish picture will appear coz I don't recognize most of the fishes except salmon, tuna and swordfish. ;)

Straw, I believe miracles do happen. Like how I cleared thalassemia ;). Believe u asked me abt tcm dr Zhu. All I know is she is at blk 128 japan Bukit merah. Am yet to visit her. Have u started session with her??

Sisters, I went to see prof last week n was given duphaston to induce cycle. Shud have af report this week. And day 12-16 is my tentative iui. I also went thru counselling at chr for ivf in oct nov period. Got a headache seeing orifice schedule. He's going to be away some days in oct nov n dec. Am v scared n uncomfy with dr anu. Can you please advise when us the best time to start tcm. Pre af during af or after af. Prof recommended moxibustion. I believe I have cold womb problem too.

Back