Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Cheeka.. thanks for sharing. I cried uncontrollably last night but today is a brand new day for me and I'm just going to live each day to the fullest! Jia you all!

Nervousbabe: progynova is a progesterone also ba... its for growing of lining..

Maomi.. Yes... the ba guan very painful...The marks still there now lei.. if still do today I think will be super pain... haha..

I need to plan my timing abit.. can you tell me again on your poking session before and after ET again.. paisei ah......thanks thanks...

Ba guan is pain regardless how many times lah ahahah. Rem don't wear bare back and sleeveless.

The acu, I did once one day before ET, straight after ET (your ET day), 3rd day past ET, 7th day past ET. Don't worry, Dr Zhao will tell u when to go bk de.

HI Ladies - this is CMR but the profile name has been changed and i Dont know how to change it - very frustrating. EVen my reset password didnt change! Anyways - my scan went well yesterday. and ET is this Friday. Quite exciting :)

miraclez - hope your mood swings get better (actually my didnt :)) Still have to continue progynova and now crinone. uncomfy.
Maomi - hope you're well. :)

OK off to acupuncture now. Sorry for all the late responses ladies - this new site has not been kind to me :)

CMR: congrats..... how come you scan yesterday and ET is Friday not Thursday? urs is day 4 embbies?

My mood swing okie today.. hope Thursday when I increase dosage it will not go crazy again..

Maomi... I going beach holiday lei.... how to go to the beach with ba guan mark all over ah... hmmmm.. hope she shou xia liu qing today....haha
Thanks for the ET schedule.. I want to pre-warn my hubby to fetch me.. keke..

miraclez, so when u come back from your beach holiday, you are also going for ET soon?
So exciting!
Not to worry, worse come to worse u can still suntan at your own private pool ;)
But dun over-expose urself after the ba-guan also, rem to keep body warm. You may like to check w ur physician about soaking in water, will the 'cold air' so called enter through the skin openings?? cos I rem after acupuncture, they also wont advice one to go swimming.

CMR, I'm still alive. LOL. Lethargic. I can only say Preg hasn't been kind to me AHHAHAAHAH. My 2 lil ones like don't like milo already.

Miraclez, Dr Zhou won't shou xia liu qing de. I told her weather very hot, I want to wear sleeveless, can don't do ba guan, kena scolded sia. Then after that guai guai do lor. Hopemiracle is right, u better ask ask.

Hope: ya.. come back next day scan.. if okie then ET next few days le.. I haven tell my boss yet..... :eek:

So if I tell her I want to wear bikini cannot ba guan she will scold me too right... haha.. Will tell her about it see what she say about soaking in water.... Thanks ladies...

ur bbs wan milk.. bu yao milo....:p

Ya.. everyone so quiet today.....

Hope: Flying off this Sat.. Yesterday no ba guan.... Friday going again.. I think maybe Friday will ba guan..... Argh.. go Phuket with red patches on the back.... haha

It must be the new format...harder to follow with new posts.... I find difficulty reading and posting using my ipad. Hope we can get use to it soon so we can share share more here.

miraclez... anyway, no one knows u at Phuket, just ba-guan and go! But rem to check w Dr Zhao about the water part. Must come back healthy and ready to receive your embbies mah :p

Yup.. will check with Dr Zhao... Hope I can go there relax my body and get it ready for my embbies... I going massage everyday... haha

HI Ladies! I'm still getting used to the new site. Anyway, the cronine is grosse :rolleyes:
Maomi - do you feel weird the whole day? I've had to change panty liners so often (Sorry TMI) - hmmm!

Good afternoon all!
So the quiet...
I have been spending my time watching tv shows on XIN MSN, the Awakening! Trying to distract myself from the non-symptom so that I will not anyhow think... argh...2WW is frustrating :mad:

Hi Hope.. ya.. this thread has been quiet recently...

Really not easy to not symptom spot... Ya.. watch tv.. drama.. time pass faster... but must walk walk a bit for blood circulation k... =)

yes, I walk, walk to the toilet to have tv breaks ;)

Have been feeling quite negative cos I dun feel any symptoms... This is really a tough period to past... Looking forward to the weekend, at least my ah lao can fetch me out.

HI Ladies - sorry I've been so quiet. My ET is tomorrow and I am all nerves :( dont know what to expect and dont know outcomes...I'm just going to pray and leave it all to the higher powers.

Miraclez - enjoy your holiday!! try and tahan against the cold stuff :)

Hope - how're you coping? Dont feel bad k? the symptoms will come soon. Are you doing anything in particular to help? I have asked DH to buy brazil nuts tomorrow.

Maomi - during your 2ww did you take chicken essence? (the Brands chicken essence)? Not sure if i should continue my "warm" foods routine.

CMR, Jia you! Feel excited that u are uniting w ur embies :)
May God's peace be w you!

I m just eating and resting... Nothing much I can do at this stage. Can only pray for good result but on my mind, I tell myself to adjust my expectation for the -

Maomi, I experienced some af-like cramp last night. But now no more. Back to the no-symptom state again. No implantation bleeding, BB not as sore as just after ET.

Sisters, please pray w me for peace. :mad:

Sorry, the new forum makes it very difficult to read n makes me dizzy so hardly come in. cMR, yes for not questions but I dun drink chix essence everyday. Too heaty. Hopemiracle, that's gd sign :) the boobs will slowly be more painful. Pray gal

Good evening! It is Friday again.

CMR, how r u after ET??
miraclez, enjoy ur trip! Have a restful vacation and come back ready for embies.
Maomi, I will pray.... U know, trying to be hopeful but that af-like cramp came back this evening again. Currently having headache, going to zzz soon. Wanna go out tomorrow, hope I will be fine to enjoy the weekend! U too, enjoy your weekend ah!

Happy Weekend all sisters!

Hello gals, I've been on silent reader on this thread. can I join ?

Just a quick intro, ttc fr 7yrs. Done IUI once & 1st failed IVF @ KKH before. I am switching to NUH fr the 2nd fresh IVF since I have no frozen embies at KKH. I'm with Prof Wong fr now. Now waiting fr my 2nd IVF in Nov. Gals, it seems u all need to be on medication bef the stimulation is it? What kind of medication is that? Fr those under Nor e, what is Nor e and what is it for?

Hi Nervous_babe, when is your planned IVF cycle? Perhaps you may call CHR and check with them about this. For me, my planned IVF was in July and I had the psychologist counselling in June, so I also collected my Nor-E on the same day

Welcome cahyasuci!
In NUH, Prof will prescribe Norethisterone to ladies going for IVF, this is to time/prime the cycle before the stimulation commences. It will be taken from D18 of the menstrual cycle for a period, which varies among individuals. I took it for 9 days. Nor-E is also known to have the follicles grown to sizes that are about the same (i.e. less variation in follicle sizes) before egg retrieval.
After your Nor-E finishes, Prof will ask you to go back for blood test and scan to see if you are ready to start. If everything is set, CHR nurses will brief you on the injections, when to go back for scan and blood test.

Have a nice weekend ladies!

Hello hopemiracle! Thanks for the reply! so it is Norethisterone.... Ok. Early this year, I was given Norethisterone by a nearest GP to stop my AF (cos 2mths non-stop bleeding due to PCOS). The side effects was really bad, it triggers my migraine everyday. My migraine stop when I quit taking Norethisterone. Hopefully Prof able to provide me other alternatives beside Nor e since I'm allergic to it.

anyway have a good 2ww hopemiracle! I know it can be mind torturing at times.. but try to relax k! haha! ;)

Hi nervous_babe,
I will be also starting my nor-e this coming aug cycle. I think we can continue tcm, just acupuncture only shd be ok. Meds i dun tink so. Perhaps it might interfere with nor-e?

CHR nurse told me to call them anytime during day 1-5 of AF to book appmt for the necessary paperwork & take nor-e prescription. Supposed to start nor-e on day 18. I think must do BT before start dose. CHR nurse will then calculate when to start & stop. This is what i understand frm the nurse..other sistas, please correct me if im wrong...

Hi nervous_babe, prob like wat Syrian mentioned, give them a call when ur af comes, they will prob ask u to go down to pick up the nor-e. starts on D18, so have time. I stopped tcm med even before nor-e and stim cos have gastric prob. Only continue with tcm twice weekly w Dr Zou. Nor-E is sort of like a hormone tab, I suspect it may interact w tcm med, but to what extend we dun know. u may check w the CHR nurses or ur tcm dr. Which tcm are u with? Can check w her as she prob has NUH cases like us. Maomi, any advice?

Syrian, I dun rem doing blood test when I collected my nor-e. but after the course of nor-e, prof will arrange for review, he will do a scan and run a blood test. Think usually 4-5 days after the nor-e finishes, then the scan and blood test.

Thanks cahyasuci! Very hard to not think abt the outcome, worse for me when I feel no symptoms. Had some af-like cramp again.... Hope I won't see Aunt Flo before BT...

hope - Good morning! Sorry for not responding sooner. I was on pretty much complete bed rest after ET on Friday. Walked only for toilet breaks and meal times. How've you been? I'm feeling down because I've had no symptoms - but was chided by DH saying its only been 2 days :)

Have been having pretty bad headaches though. How are you coping? Hope the cramps are a good sign! When is your BT?

Morning CMR, you are very discipline, complete bedrest... Good Job! Jia you for the next 2 weeks.
I should say I am good cos I dun have much symptoms. No AF-Cramp today, just felt twinges on the right. No other symptoms lia.Going for BT on Wed. Very tough 2-3 days to pass...need to find distraction. Really in need of PEACE.

Your embbies are frozen at which day? When will u be expecting an implantation after transfer? Think if there is any symptoms, it will not be this fast. The only thing I realise was different, prob a symptom, was a dull backache which I encountered for about 2 days, which is gone already. Have a good day!

Hope - mine were Day 3 embryos. I only implanted 1 after Doc's recommendation because of my blood condition. Don't worry my dear - I will pray for you and the results will be good!

Did you implant 2 embbies? I've just been having this constant headache - probably lack of caffeine in my system :) How many cells were the embbies? Mine was a 12 cell embryo - I googled it and I think its normal. Fingers toes and all possible limbs crossed! :)

Hi CMR, thanks for praying.

I transferred 2 embryos at 7 and 8-cells stage. They looked good on the picture they gave me... very happy to receive their first picture after ET.:D
Really hope they implanted well in the uterus. Been praying with them.

I also experience tension headache a few days after transfer, then it stopped. Suspect it is due to the hormones tabs we are taking, managed to overcome it wo any med, just keep lying down and sleep through it. But I was hit by migraine on 9 days post-transfer, which I thought it was a bad sign cos I always have migraine prior to mensus. That one was killing me, use cold compress didnt help. In the end, cos I need to attend a dinner, I took panadol which relieved the pain hours later. I was hoping for more sharp cramp during implantation period but didnt have. Only have af-like cramp few days back. Now I can only cling on the Proverbs3:5... Trust in the Lord with all my heart, and do not rely on my own understanding. Hope this verse ministers to you too.:)

Hope - I love the verse you shared with me! Thank you - yes it applies to my current frame of mind too!! How do you pray and talk to your embbies? I know Maomi shared something with us so I just used that to tell the little one which stage he/ she's on. Today I have been sneezing non stop and am determined not to take any meds. Going for acupuncture in a bit. Really pray it works out for both of us!! :)

Dear all, I've been quiet. Kinda overwhelmed with work. :( Plus a bit stressful. Im scared that my allergy to thyroid medication will be back soon. Previously, the allergy started with vaginal itching.

Im experiencing vaginal itching now. Plus pimples breakout, which is quite unusual for me. And pimples on calves. Sigh... sad... but my endocrinologist dint think that vaginal itching is a side effect, but I know my body best. Plus I wanted to reduce the dosage, but my endocrinologist increased it instead (he didnt explain why). Sigh... Hope it doesn't affect my IVF plan. I think I will find another endocrinologist.

Dun mention CMR!

Cheeka, *hugs*
Know is it stressful but stress will reduce ur immunity and causes infection. Perhaps ur vaginal itching is due to thrush? Any discharge? Cheer up k?

My headache comes again. Plan to have dinner and pop Panadol later on. Maybe I rested too much... Plus the hormonal changes. I am glad my 2ww is ending... Still hoping for the best.

Cheeka - HI! We missed you on this thread! Hope all's well with you. In case you didn't know who this is - its CMR. The new upgrade changed my name and I am now RCBaby (long story). I know how difficult it can be - like Hope mentioned maybe it is just thrush. Good to get a second opinion from another doc.

Hope - I'm praying for a BFP for you! Headaches are such a pain I tell you! Mine has thankfully subsided (*touch wood). Could really be due to lack of caffeine in my system :( sigh...how I've missed my kopi!!

Sisters, have been missing for awhile as was down with bad bad flu. Yesterday NUH called me. Hubby also has Thalassemia. Its a rare occurrence for both to have the trait. So I have to go for further test. Just felt like the world crushing on me when I heard the news. Hopefully am cleared for IVF. Read that if both partners have, we can only do IVF and that too with PGD, preimplantation genetic diagnosis, and transfer an embryo not affected by thalassemia.

GOD is just putting us thru so much. Stress after stress. Bad news after bad news. Its just getting tougher and challenging. Just wish to say those who have embarked in IVF are really lucky. GOD has given you the opprtunity. For me, the entrance to IVF is already a BIG BIG challenge.

Me and hubby are healthy and very normal. If not for this blood test we would not have known a thing man, Any of you have this issue?? Pls advise. Thanks

CMR & Hopemiracle, thanks! Yup, I will be strong.... In fact, if really I have allergy, I think I will just resign from my work for a while just to relax and destress. But Im scared too... cos where's the $$ gonna come from!!! :( But dont worry.... we will grow stronger with all these obstacles. Im trying not to stress up, but work keeps coming and piling. Just have to manage bah.

Hopemiracle, few more days to go! When is your bt? Hope you graduate and spread us ur baby dusts!

Sara, so sorry to hear that. Not many people know the thalassemia issue. Marriage is about staying committed through thick and thin, sickness and health. Now that both of you have thalassemia, it's important that both of you support each other. It's "lucky" that you didn't manage to get pregnant, ironically. Otherwise, your baby is at risk of geting thalassemia major and might need blood transfusion for the rest of his/her life. There's still a way... like you mentioned, PGD. Have faith... ! ~Hugssss~ Take it easy okay?

mesara - HUGS!! Actually if both of you are minor baby only has a 25% chance of having thalassemia. But do talk to Prof about it. Like Cheeka mentioned, maybe it was a blessing that you found out now. Hang in there OK? The fact that all of us are going through IVF in itself is a big test. But I once read, GOD tests those he thinks are destined to receive in abundance from him. So look forward to the abundance that's coming your way and focus on that ok? Hang in there! :)

mesara - HUGS!! Actually if both of you are minor baby only has a 25% chance of having thalassemia. But do talk to Prof about it. Like Cheeka mentioned, maybe it was a blessing that you found out now. Hang in there OK? The fact that all of us are going through IVF in itself is a big test. But I once read, GOD tests those he thinks are destined to receive in abundance from him. So look forward to the abundance that's coming your way and focus on that ok? Hang in there! :)

Thanks CMR. Yeah we are both minor. Actually they just suspect...so I really dont know what further is needed to confirm. I saw my result, its like 0.1 diff only le. Anyway, Sat am going for another BT adnd will see prof for is advice. Am travelling on Sunday to US for work as well. Thus, got to get duphaston to delay cycle by a week at least.

Thanks for your comforting words. Certainly waiting to hold that bundle of joy in my arms and me and hubby are positive that with these challeges we face, LORD will reward us certainly.All the best to you too.

Hope, when is your BT?

Good afternoon sisters!
Thanks for the well wishes, I m going for BT tomorrow, feeling rather Kan jiong.
Good news is Aunt Flo has not reported! I hope she will not. Praise God. Hope this is a good sign.
Hopefully my Embbies are well inside to give a result, I also wish to pour out babydust! Many sisters on the general thread bfp this season, I hope I can catch their dust and spread more tomorrow.

Mesara, this journey is arduous... We do not know when it will wrapped up as a chapter before the next comes along. No matter what, Jia you! James 1:4 is what I always remind myself when I encounter a hiccups in life, hope this will encourage you.

CMR, how r u feeling? Still complete bed rest? Implantation will be soon... Eat well, Sleep well and Shit well!

Cheeka, hope ur allergy will clear soon. Discuss w ur hub abt quitting. If can tahan, can consider. Really hope all of us will reach the end point soon. Pray for patience for all of us.

Back