Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hihi sisters,

Am exploring looking at nuh chr for my 3rd attempt. Anyone with dr stephen chew?is he using nore for ivf treatment same as prof wong? Am considering to go to dr stephen chew or prof wong.

Sorry for asking here as i cant seem to find a theead under dr stephen chew. Thanks

Yes, his name is low profile in online forums. But his name appears in media interviews before. Both my friend & I got bfp for 1st cycle from dr chew . Rest assured that he is a good dr!

My fren & I got bfp for 1st cycle under dr chew.... I hv low ovarian reserve w three eggs retrieved.. Now my bb is born n she is close to 7 mth old.. Dun give up ladies!
I suspect I've low ovarian reserve too though the dr did not directly tell me.
Can share ur ivf journey? Did you go for tcm/ acupuncture or any special diet? How old are you? :)

Dear sisters,any advise on how to prepare for FET?is it the same as what sisters usually do for fresh cycle like LRD etc? thank you.
Hello, I'm also preparing my body for my first ET (frozen cycle) in early Nov. I'm eating the daily vits and folic prescribed by Prof, lots of Chinese spinach (as I heard this veg is very good for our body repair), nothing cold or raw as instructed by my Chinese physician, Logan drink every now and then as suggested by some ladies here, Brazil nuts and walnuts as suggested by the ladies here, totally cut off dairy as suggested by the ladies here because it creates mucus and may affect implantation (so starving off my sweet tooth for cakes), fish and chicken as suggested by my Chinese physician, no coffee and tea... Daily serving of fruits. I heard avocado is really good but I can't make myself swallow it (the taste is quite unbearable for me). I just bought some Chia seeds today and planning to try it as it is rich in anti oxidant, protein and fiber.

Just to add I go for acupuncture weekly.

When is your FET? Are you also a patient of prof pc wong?

Hello Ladies

I am new to IVF and I am seeing Dr Stephen Chew from NUH. I just completed my IVF counseling session and the nurse asked if I wanted to attend the IVF Briefing. Does anyone know if it is useful?

Hello Ladies

I am new to IVF and I am seeing Dr Stephen Chew from NUH. I just completed my IVF counseling session and the nurse asked if I wanted to attend the IVF Briefing. Does anyone know if it is useful?

I find it useful because they explain the process in-depth. Most importantly they had an ex IVF couple share their experiences which I find really helpful. Bring your hubby too because it will be useful for him to understand what you will be going through. Good luck!

I find it useful because they explain the process in-depth. Most importantly they had an ex IVF couple share their experiences which I find really helpful. Bring your hubby too because it will be useful for him to understand what you will be going through. Good luck!

I see. Sounds good. Will drag the hubby along haha

Saw your post at the other forum. U had 32 eggs? That's a lot! Is it your first fresh? How many embryos do u have?

Hi dear, nope this is my 3rd fresh.. egg retrieval is on fri.. den only will i know how many embryos. But just that a little sad that i wil not be able to transfer immed.

i just stopped taking NorE yesterday and scheduled to see doctor on Saturday. However, my menses is still not here yet. Is this normal? Any ladies do not have menses even after finishing the NorE?

i just stopped taking NorE yesterday and scheduled to see doctor on Saturday. However, my menses is still not here yet. Is this normal? Any ladies do not have menses even after finishing the NorE?
Sure will come but depends how many days. Usually 3-5 days but some reported up to 7 days after stopping norE

Maybe you wait till tomorrow and see if ur mens come. If not, call CHR on the next step. Most likely, they will still proceed with blood test etc.

My ivf start date is scheduled to be this Saturday. Understand usually that would be a blood scan? If my menses are not here is that ok?
Usually they schedule appointment 5 days after stopping norE. But anyway, got a sister here went ahead with the baseline scan and blood test with her period not here yet. So I guess it's ok.

Hi Ladies, I am a newbie here. Also a patient of Prof Wong with NUH.

I am 34..have a blocked tube on the left. Did IUI three times and was unsuccessful. Started IVF injections on the 2nd sept - 1st ever try. Looked like I had 12 follicles but the left side was not reachable..so they only managed to get to 5 follicles and retrieved 4 eggs yesterday..Wednesday 30th..today I was told only three was mature and two fertilized and have to wait for the results in the morning.

Never thought I would try IVF and here I am in my first attempt. I was staying strong until this morning..may be bottled up emotions or something, I cried for an hour after the call!! Then my life lines, hubby, Mum and sis came for the rescue to comfort..all my family members can conceive with no issues so it's abit hard for us to struggle..

I get why they say it's stressful now..I thought I was breezing thru the injections and was fine and had plans to keep me active and positive ..but this morning was tough ..hats off to all those who go thru it..and I hated the drip needle..still hurts..definitely a learning experience

Hoping for the best tomorrow

Welcome Sony. It's okay to cry. Sometimes crying will make us feel better. You're lucky that your mum and sister are so supportive. It will be better tomorrow. All we need is just one embryo... hang in there!

Hi Ladies, I am a newbie here. Also a patient of Prof Wong with NUH.

I am 34..have a blocked tube on the left. Did IUI three times and was unsuccessful. Started IVF injections on the 2nd sept - 1st ever try. Looked like I had 12 follicles but the left side was not reachable..so they only managed to get to 5 follicles and retrieved 4 eggs yesterday..Wednesday 30th..today I was told only three was mature and two fertilized and have to wait for the results in the morning.

Never thought I would try IVF and here I am in my first attempt. I was staying strong until this morning..may be bottled up emotions or something, I cried for an hour after the call!! Then my life lines, hubby, Mum and sis came for the rescue to comfort..all my family members can conceive with no issues so it's abit hard for us to struggle..

I get why they say it's stressful now..I thought I was breezing thru the injections and was fine and had plans to keep me active and positive ..but this morning was tough ..hats off to all those who go thru it..and I hated the drip needle..still hurts..definitely a learning experience

Hoping for the best tomorrow

Hi sony star! Don lose hope yet!! We all are in together with u too..

It may just be that 2 powerful ones that you may just need. R u going to transfer D2 or?

My first cycle also i had only 2 fertilised eggs.. but in kkh and din know how to take care and prepare my body for it. It was a bfn. Proceed to have 2nd cycle and managed to have 15 eggs and 8 fertilised- both cycles transfer d2 n in kkh. Bfn

Now with prof wong.. just OR yesterday.. but going for Frozen cycle cos of risk of OHSS..

Never give up hope n beileve in miracles.. meanwhile nourish your body, eat healthy and prepare your womb..jia you!!!

May I ask any things to watch out on during the IVF period? gonna start my IVF tomorrow. Nurse/Prof did not mention anything to prep the body though. Very panicking now...

What is OHSS? does that occur if there are over stimulation of the egg and that they would recommend to go for frozen cycle?

It may just be that 2 powerful ones that you may just need. R u going to transfer D2 or?

My first cycle also i had only 2 fertilised eggs.. but in kkh and din know how to take care and prepare my body for it. It was a bfn. Proceed to have 2nd cycle and managed to have 15 eggs and 8 fertilised- both cycles transfer d2 n in kkh. Bfn

Now with prof wong.. just OR yesterday.. but going for Frozen cycle cos of risk of OHSS..

Never give up hope n beileve in miracles.. meanwhile nourish your body, eat healthy and prepare your womb..jia you!!!

Welcome Sony. It's okay to cry. Sometimes crying will make us feel better. You're lucky that your mum and sister are so supportive. It will be better tomorrow. All we need is just one embryo... hang in there!
Thanks Babyluck! Yeh crying was actually good! Embryologist spoke in the morning and looks like I can do the transfer tomorrow.waiting for confirmation..thanks for support

Thanks..Yeh trying to eat healthy. Likely transfer tomorrow..

I did contemplate whether I should take a break but don't really have much leave so think I will go ahead if they confirm I am good to go thru..

Nurse suggested I eat three egg whites for recovery..and making smoothies with veg/fruits

Kudos to u for keeping positive and trying..I do love Prof Wong..and the all the guys at CHR..they do give a lot of support and assurance.
All the best to you!

May I ask any things to watch out on during the IVF period? gonna start my IVF tomorrow. Nurse/Prof did not mention anything to prep the body though. Very panicking now...

What is OHSS? does that occur if there are over stimulation of the egg and that they would recommend to go for frozen cycle?
Hi Cowmoomoo..think I was also like you when I started too. You can ask prof directly if u should take anything...I did..just tried to eat healthy..veg and fruits ..folic acid for sure..

I read that ppl take royal jelly and other stuff..I didn't even know what it is..I did check it out at the pharmacy but decided against it..

Just take it easy..others who are more experiences may have suggestions..I am new and just trying for the first time

Did u go to the seminar..found that to be really helpful in explaining the procedure..

Hi has anyone been under Dr Anu Priya ? Prof Wong is on leave.. and Dr Anu is replacing him.. how is she ? I m meeting her on OCt 8th for the review of my OR..

Right now i got 1 very good embbie n 5 good embbies..

Hi Babyluck, I've not seen Dr Anu P except when Prof on leave. She is generally okay. Dony worry, Prof will still handle your case when he's back.

Are u doing FET right away after this fresh cycle? Or plan to rest one month? We could ve cycle buddy!

Hi Babyluck, I've not seen Dr Anu P except when Prof on leave. She is generally okay. Dony worry, Prof will still handle your case when he's back.

Are u doing FET right away after this fresh cycle? Or plan to rest one month? We could ve cycle buddy!

Hi cheeka, thats a cute nick!

I see. Ok. Prof was mentioning abt 6 weeks from now.. so shld be 1 mth rest.. i hope i can rest and relax my womb before the embbie transfer..

Hi has anyone been under Dr Anu Priya ? Prof Wong is on leave.. and Dr Anu is replacing him.. how is she ? I m meeting her on OCt 8th for the review of my OR..

Right now i got 1 very good embbie n 5 good embbies..
Hi Babyluck..I have seen her when prof is on leave..she is very nice as well ..u r in good hands so not to worry

Just had my first blood scan today, doctor said there are 10 follicles, is that normal? Doctor Chew never comment anything, and dont seems to be friendly. is he good?

For government subsidies patient, we are unable to choose the doctor right? I only met Prof once to decide to go with IVF.

Hello everyone. I have been silently reading all your posts here but today I just gotta ask you all a few qns cos I can't bear the pain and needed to know if other sisters are in the same boat.
I have pcos and my transfer almost got cancelled due to very high e2 levels (27000 at trigger day!) but eventually Dr Chew agreed to transfer 1 embryo for me. They then gave me an ovidrel shot right after retrieval and another ovidrel shot 3 days after transfer and now I'm on crinone gel, utrogestan and estrofem support during the tww.
Im on 8dp3dt now and am experiencing gassy like upper abdominal pain. I'm not sure if it's gastric or ohss. Does anyone else experience the same? Thanks.

Hello everyone. I have been silently reading all your posts here but today I just gotta ask you all a few qns cos I can't bear the pain and needed to know if other sisters are in the same boat.
I have pcos and my transfer almost got cancelled due to very high e2 levels (27000 at trigger day!) but eventually Dr Chew agreed to transfer 1 embryo for me. They then gave me an ovidrel shot right after retrieval and another ovidrel shot 3 days after transfer and now I'm on crinone gel, utrogestan and estrofem support during the tww.
Im on 8dp3dt now and am experiencing gassy like upper abdominal pain. I'm not sure if it's gastric or ohss. Does anyone else experience the same? Thanks.

Please call CHR nurse's number and consider going NUH A & E for a checkup. Such unbearable pain is not normal. Your E2 is very high leh. You maybe pregnant now. Your 2 HCG shots and the HCG hormone from your pregnancy will further worsen any OHSS.

Last edited:
Please call CHR nurse's number and consider going NUH A & E for a checkup. Such unbearable pain is not normal. Your E2 is very high leh. You maybe pregnant now. Your 2 HCG shots and the HCG hormone from your pregnancy will further worsen any OHSS.
Called CHR this mrng but Dr Chew advised to monitor the situation first cos I'm not gaining weight exceptionally i.e a gain of 500g to 1kg within a day. That's why I dunno whether this is OHSS or just gastric . But then I've been eating regular meals leh. Haiz so many worries lah we ivf-ers. No choice but to POAS tmr or the day after to check. If I'm indeed pregnant (!!) I'll just head down to the hospital. Thanks @Day_Dreaming .

Dear sisters
I have a BN and unopened box of Crinone 8% gel (15 individual packs) to let go.
These are natural progesterone support after your embryo transfer. Safe to use until week 12 of pregnancy too.
I have switched to Duphaston now hoping to let go to any sisters whom may have use for this product.
Pls pm me or leave a comment if interested. Cheers and bb dusts to all

@mnadz01 How's your pain? Has it subsided? Did you poas?

@cowmoomoo Yeah, Dr Chew don't talk very much. Even Prof also generally is a man of few words. But I feel comfortable with him, cos he really2 advice based on what's best for us (that's what I feel). Yes, subsidised patient cannot choose doctor. So I paid private rate for Prof, but at least, for the procedure itself, there's govt subsidy.

@cowmoomoo Yeah, Dr Chew don't talk very much. Even Prof also generally is a man of few words. But I feel comfortable with him, cos he really2 advice based on what's best for us (that's what I feel). Yes, subsidised patient cannot choose doctor. So I paid private rate for Prof, but at least, for the procedure itself, there's govt subsidy.
Hi, how does the subsidy work? After u chose prof, u can still remain as a subsidized patient?

Hi @cheeka. I caved in and eventually went to see Dr Chew this morning. Doc said it is minor ohss. He suggested an albumin iv drip which is a substance which sort of pulls the nutrients where it's supposed to be i.e to the bloodstream rather than it being free flowing. Otherwise I can wait it out cos he said it'll get better in 3-4 days time. Been reading about albumin since I got back. It seems to work like electrolytes like 100plus and nothing much else. I might decide to wait it out and Dr Chew is fine w it too.

Hi @cheeka. I caved in and eventually went to see Dr Chew this morning. Doc said it is minor ohss. He suggested an albumin iv drip which is a substance which sort of pulls the nutrients where it's supposed to be i.e to the bloodstream rather than it being free flowing. Otherwise I can wait it out cos he said it'll get better in 3-4 days time. Been reading about albumin since I got back. It seems to work like electrolytes like 100plus and nothing much else. I might decide to wait it out and Dr Chew is fine w it too.

Hi, how does the subsidy work? After u chose prof, u can still remain as a subsidized patient?

Will there be huge price difference if i switch to Prof? Or other doctors are equally good? sorry, am new to this. just started my ivf cycle, always felt like a study subject with different doctors 'examining' me.

Cannot. Once u choose prof, u are considered private patient. No subsidy. The govt subsidy i think only few thousand dollars, depending whether SG or PR etc. I forgot the exact amouny le,

Hihi thanks! Baby boy popping anytime soon :)
I still pop in here once a while & I noticed u are back in action.. All the best to u too :)
What's your status now?

have a safe delivery yah. c-sec? Or will try natural? Which hospital?

I just met prof last week, and did progesterone blood test. Will probably do FET in Nov/Dec. Not sure yet... will review after blood test result is out.

Will there be huge price difference if i switch to Prof? Or other doctors are equally good? sorry, am new to this. just started my ivf cycle, always felt like a study subject with different doctors 'examining' me.

Im not sure whether the price difference is huge. Maybe you can ask the nurses. Do you do your scans at women's clinic or at clinic G? I understand how you feel. I started as subsidised patient at clinic G, but felt uncomfortable becos of the different doctors every time. That's why I switched to private.

Back