Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Anybody had cramps after ET? I had ET yesterday and feeling the cramps since today afternoon.. Went to the toilet, lots of milky white/ light yellow discharge and a tiny bit of fresh red when wiping!

Called CHR they say is normal and just ask me to take panadol.

Anybody had the same problems after ET? I'm feeling worried

Anybody had cramps after ET? I had ET yesterday and feeling the cramps since today afternoon.. Went to the toilet, lots of milky white/ light yellow discharge and a tiny bit of fresh red when wiping!

Called CHR they say is normal and just ask me to take panadol.

Anybody had the same problems after ET? I'm feeling worried
How many days past are u? Small spotting can indicate implant which may be good news. mild cramping is normal if is not unbearable

Today got more spotting.. So prof ordered the dreaded IM oil based progesterone!
Last time saw some sisters here also needed this jab?
Can anyone share their experience? Anybody still managed to BFP after all these ordeal?
And daily need to go to GP to jab right? What's the cost like?

Today got more spotting.. So prof ordered the dreaded IM oil based progesterone!
Last time saw some sisters here also needed this jab?
Can anyone share their experience? Anybody still managed to BFP after all these ordeal?
And daily need to go to GP to jab right? What's the cost like?

@Dreamscometrue

More spotting? What did Prof say? To increase support?

Or could it be implantation bleeding?

Please take care and be safe.

Dreamcomeztrue, for me, daily jab at GP is $10. First time will be slight ex. Then on weekend will be ard $30. I have been injecting the oil based support till 1st trimester ended though I have no bleeding at all.

Hi @veraine, do u stay in the west?
Which GP do u go for your IM progesterone jabs?
I went to raffles medical at JP, requested for the nurse/recep to inject, so will only be charged injection fees and not consultation. But I think first visit will still need consultation.

The one that's opened on weekends and PH and relatively cheaper is acumed at BL mrt station

Hope ur spotting has decreased!

I went to raffles medical at JP, requested for the nurse/recep to inject, so will only be charged injection fees and not consultation. But I think first visit will still need consultation.

The one that's opened on weekends and PH and relatively cheaper is acumed at BL mrt station

Hope ur spotting has decreased!
Thanks @veraine! In the end I got DH to learn from doctor so that he can do for me at home :p
Talking abt my spotting, I was just sharing at the other ivf forum. My first spotting was this Tuesday, just a day after my ET on Monday. Went CHR for the first jab, then no more spotting. Today got spotting again!
Anybody here has any such encounters or heard of such encounters?
It's the first time I encounter such thing and it totally freaks me out. I immediately insert the white pills and went for bed rest. Can only call CHR tmr.

Thanks @veraine! In the end I got DH to learn from doctor so that he can do for me at home :p
Talking abt my spotting, I was just sharing at the other ivf forum. My first spotting was this Tuesday, just a day after my ET on Monday. Went CHR for the first jab, then no more spotting. Today got spotting again!
It's the first time I encounter such thing and it totally freaks me out. I immediately insert the white pills and went for bed rest. Can only call CHR tmr.
Progesterone oil jab? And the doc allowed ur hubby to learn to jab u ah?!

I was told by various docs and nurses I couldn't do on my own because the needle used is longer, and there was one doc who refused to jab the butt because she said butt has more nerves and she insisted on jabbing the arm. I got my way eventually but point is it really is quite dangerous.

I had a friend, pregnant and got jabbed in the butt with progesterone, and hit nerve and she couldn't walk properly for a few days.

Progesterone oil jab? And the doc allowed ur hubby to learn to jab u ah?!

I was told by various docs and nurses I couldn't do on my own because the needle used is longer, and there was one doc who refused to jab the butt because she said butt has more nerves and she insisted on jabbing the arm. I got my way eventually but point is it really is quite dangerous.

I had a friend, pregnant and got jabbed in the butt with progesterone, and hit nerve and she couldn't walk properly for a few days.
Ya the oil based jab. Gotta learn the butt anatomy.
Today hubby jabbed for me.. I'm still alive, don't think the spotting is due the to jab hor..

Ya the oil based jab. Gotta learn the butt anatomy.
Today hubby jabbed for me.. I'm still alive, don't think the spotting is due the to jab hor..
Wa.. Be careful hor..

I've asked at least 10 docs and nurses along the way, from CHR and clinics.. All said no to me jabbing on my own

Wa.. Be careful hor..

I've asked at least 10 docs and nurses along the way, from CHR and clinics.. All said no to me jabbing on my own
Yeah I know.. I asked CHR nurse and she said no too.
The dr who taught us must have very high confidence on us.
If I can jab myself I will jab myself.. But I can't see my own butt, so can only let DH jab

Take care ya....dun worry too much...
Jus continue to monitor n check with Chr as long as u dun feel right...i did hear cases abt spotting after ET..one of the reasons i heard b4 was spotting due to crinone...r u on crinone?another will b need more progesterone...

But wld b best to call chr to check with doc..they r the experts...hearsay may not b true or not applicable to u...:)

Take care ya....dun worry too much...
Jus continue to monitor n check with Chr as long as u dun feel right...i did hear cases abt spotting after ET..one of the reasons i heard b4 was spotting due to crinone...r u on crinone?another will b need more progesterone...

But wld b best to call chr to check with doc..they r the experts...hearsay may not b true or not applicable to u...:)
Hi @MonkeyChick! How are you?
Ya I called CHR this morning, super surprised prof called me back personally! He says I'm on quite high dose of support already, cannot increase anymore..
I was too stunned by his call and forgot to ask him the possible reasons of the spotting.. Anyway, I think also cannot do anything already..
Just rest more and pray till BT ba

Ya I called CHR this morning, super surprised prof called me back personally! He says I'm on quite high dose of support already, cannot increase anymore..
I was too stunned by his call and forgot to ask him the possible reasons of the spotting.. Anyway, I think also cannot do anything already..

Not to worry ya...Jus stay positive n calm all the way...being positive helps to conquer hurdles...:D;)

Wow so nice of him. Must be really reassuring to know that he also agrees ur on the highest supports already and don't need more. U are doing ur best now

Wow so nice of him. Must be really reassuring to know that he also agrees ur on the highest supports already and don't need more. U are doing ur best now
Think the nurses also don't know what else to say so got the big shot to talk to me directly. In that way, I can't question further already...

Hihi sisters,

Am exploring looking at nuh chr for my 3rd attempt. Anyone with dr stephen chew?is he using nore for ivf treatment same as prof wong? Am considering to go to dr stephen chew or prof wong.

Sorry for asking here as i cant seem to find a theead under dr stephen chew. Thanks

Hihi sisters,

Am exploring looking at nuh chr for my 3rd attempt. Anyone with dr stephen chew?is he using nore for ivf treatment same as prof wong? Am considering to go to dr stephen chew or prof wong.

Sorry for asking here as i cant seem to find a theead under dr stephen chew. Thanks
I was under dr chew for stims and OR,cuz prof was on leave. Both are good drs so ur in safe hands... they will all use std protocol because is nuh protocol. Only bad thing for prof is he's always away so if ur not flexible abt ur ivf timing, u may need to have other drs stand in like I did. Not that is an issue but some pple prefer a single dr do the whole process naturally

I was under dr chew for stims and OR,cuz prof was on leave. Both are good drs so ur in safe hands... they will all use std protocol because is nuh protocol. Only bad thing for prof is he's always away so if ur not flexible abt ur ivf timing, u may need to have other drs stand in like I did. Not that is an issue but some pple prefer a single dr do the whole process naturally
Hi chloe,

Thanks for e reply. I have not decided who to sought for my this try yet.

So dr stephen also uses nor e before trigger jab?

Hi thanks dreamscometrue and chloe for your kind reply! I was from kk previously. 10 eggs with 0 frosties. Total 2 failed fresh. Now sitting on e fence,pondering and thinking where to go for this journey. :/
Can't really advise u on this. I guess whether you're comfortable with KKH. If yes then no point changing. If you are not happy with them then it's time to change

Can't really advise u on this. I guess whether you're comfortable with KKH. If yes then no point changing. If you are not happy with them then it's time to change
Sometimes some pple change to get change of protocol.. experiment if another hosp drugs or protocol may be more suitable for u. Is a valid reason to change also

Hi thanks dreamscometrue and chloe for your kind reply! I was from kk previously. 10 eggs with 0 frosties. Total 2 failed fresh. Now sitting on e fence,pondering and thinking where to go for this journey. :/
It's worth giving NUH a try since its your last subsidized attempt, so long as u don't feel stressed by the change in protocol.
My opinion of NUH is that they seem to do many "extra" steps that some KK gals may feel is a waste of time & money.
I personally feel that these additional steps may happen to be just what our unique body exactly need!!
Nuh is v kiasu esp in their post-ET supports. Yes, more meds but if it works, who cares?!

Anyway, How's the procedure like in KKH? What are the stim jabs they use?
Thks all, will discuss with hubby how to move on.

I was on short protocol with kkh. Start at cd 3 .Kkh uses orgulatron on me for 5 days. Then 300iu purugon for 9 days. ( but in e midst At ard day 9 add orgulatron with purugon.) And trigger pregnyl jab after that at e hospital itself. They dun use nor e.

Different hospital different strokes. Just hope can have yuan with 1 and strike.

Last edited:
Thks all, will discuss with hubby how to move on.

I was on short protocol with kkh. Start at cd 3 .Kkh uses orgulatron on me for 5 days. Then 300iu purugon for 9 days. ( but in e midst At ard day 9 add orgulatron with purugon.) And trigger pregnyl jab after that at e hospital itself. They dun use nor e.

Different hospital different strokes. Just hope can have yuan with 1 and strike.
If I'm not wrong, NorE is used at NUH just for timing purposes - to fix day of 1st jab & hence the ER & ET days.

I was initially supposed to take NorE for 3 weeks so that my ER would be after prof return from vacation.
End up I only took for 1 week cos Prof last min decided to do my ET before his vacation.

If NorE influences the ivf outcome, then the duration for taking NorE shouldn't have just changed anyhow.

I remember my friend got something similar at GP when she wanted to delay her menses for a scuba diving trip. I don't think NorE really influences anything else but I may be wrong.

Anyway my fresh protocol was also different from some sisters here.
I cycled in Oct 2014. I used gonalF & orgalutran (instead of cetrotide).. Dunno why but it seems NUH is also testing different meds?

If I'm not wrong, NorE is used at NUH just for timing purposes - to fix day of 1st jab & hence the ER & ET days.

I was initially supposed to take NorE for 3 weeks so that my ER would be after prof return from vacation.
End up I only took for 1 week cos Prof last min decided to do my ET before his vacation.

If NorE influences the ivf outcome, then the duration for taking NorE shouldn't have just changed anyhow.

I remember my friend got something similar at GP when she wanted to delay her menses for a scuba diving trip. I don't think NorE really influences anything else but I may be wrong.
Thanks remember me rainbow :)

I have been given many dates...
3rd Sep - 1st Gonal F jab
7th Sep - 1st scan + blood test & etc
10th Sep - scan + BT
12 Sep - scan + BT
14 sep - stop jab (which is D14)
16 Sep - OR
19 Sep - OT

But... But... Still subject to the condition of the growing follicles. Some will be earlier and some will be later.

Hello HLing, did you go for your OR yesterday? I did mine too around noon with Prof so we could have been in the OT around the same time (I know there were three other ladies other than myself). It is my first IVF and the very first time I was put on drip and in an OT so it was quite nerve wrecking for me but it was very reassuring to see prof. I thought he looked very cute in his OT attire. Haha.

I hope all went well with your procedure. I heard from the embryologist today. I have 16 retrieved, 12 mature, 6 fertilised. I'm doing FET in Nov because I might have OHSS (hopefully not!). In any case, I'm leaving everything in the good hands of prof and also let nature takes its course.

Pls share your result if you don't mind :)

All the best for your ET on Saturday!

Dear sisters who had experienced bleeding / AF prior to ur beta test, do you get them just before or close to ur AF due day?
Is the flow same like ur usual menstrual flow or is it heavier or lighter than usual? Did they last the usual amount of days too? Or also longer or heavier?
Just to gather some feedbacks from sisters here.
Am having some blood flow now. Started with minimal brown spotting that turned into red full flow the next day. Tdy is day 3 of red flow. Yesterday and tdy, red flow has reduced to half a pad or palm size volume but with dark blood clots that doc says it's old blood.
Tdy is 9dp2dt. Spotting started on the night of 6dp2dt. My beta is on 25/9.
TIA

Hello HLing, did you go for your OR yesterday? I did mine too around noon with Prof so we could have been in the OT around the same time (I know there were three other ladies other than myself). It is my first IVF and the very first time I was put on drip and in an OT so it was quite nerve wrecking for me but it was very reassuring to see prof. I thought he looked very cute in his OT attire. Haha.

I hope all went well with your procedure. I heard from the embryologist today. I have 16 retrieved, 12 mature, 6 fertilised. I'm doing FET in Nov because I might have OHSS (hopefully not!). In any case, I'm leaving everything in the good hands of prof and also let nature takes its course.

I did my OR on

I did my OR on 14/9 Mon, managed to retrieved 10 matured eggs, but unfortunately ALL not fertilized :( I was so sad and going to see doctor again to find out what's went wrong. I dun even have a single embryo. We are planning for 2nd cycle, but may not be so soon, maybe this year end or beginning of next year as I'm 40 by next year May.

I did my OR on

I did my OR on 14/9 Mon, managed to retrieved 10 matured eggs, but unfortunately ALL not fertilized :( I was so sad and going to see doctor again to find out what's went wrong. I dun even have a single embryo. We are planning for 2nd cycle, but may not be so soon, maybe this year end or beginning of next year as I'm 40 by next year May.

Hello HLing, sorry to hear this. I hope the next cycle will work for you. Pls take some time to build up your body. Did you do or consider acupuncture? If not you may want to consider this as it helps your blood circulation and may also help you to relax.

I turn 40 in Jan so I'm kind of expediting my 'treatment'. This has been a rollercoaster ride. I had 31 follicles and I thought this is great and even Prof said at this rate I may have 10 embryos and don't have to rush for a second fresh cycle (if the first doesn't turn out positive) before I turn 40. Today the embryologist told me of the 6 embryos, 2 are not good so left 4. They will freeze tomorrow and hopefully all 4 remain good. What I'm trying to say is there are so many moving parts in this entire process, we just have to learn to take it easy and not let ourselves become too emotional. At least you have until May 2016 to take advantage of the govt subsidy! So think positive :)

Instead of just focusing on the result, let us also appreciate the process. I've met a good doctor that I can trust, a great bunch of nurses at CHR (including one who watched me cry and then laugh on my first injection), I learnt how to self administer injections, my husband actually thinks I'm so brave when I jab myself everyday. These are the rewards I have reaped so far in this experience... And of course my first time in an OT, it looks a lot less intimidating than what I saw in the movies! Let's be positive. It is a long road ahead but all it takes is one good embryo and a little miracle! Good luck!!

Hi, u got a lot of follicles given u age!! Did u do anything special or take special diet that could yield such a good 'result'? Cos I am turning 40 soon..
Hello, yes, Prof said this is rare for my age too. I didn't really do anything very special other than acupuncture to prepare for IVF, but I am generally careful with my diet. I don't like fried and spicy food, try not to take cold drinks and I run on a regular basis.. Maybe that helps. My ovarian reserve is very high 60+ from the pre-IVF test results. I was surprised by the result and the number of follicles too but it seems the number of follicles is just a start... It doesn't really equate to the number of healthy embryos from the updates I get from the embryologist so far. It is my first IVF so I'm also trying to learn from forums, talking to the physician etc :) good luck to you for your IVF attempt!

I guess with more eggs retrieved will give u a better % of fertilized eggs.. And can have more snow bb.. But it doesn't increase ur chance of BFP. Cos they can't transfer all the fertilized eggs..
Another forum got a mummy got BFP twice with only 1 golden embby for her both ivf cycle! So don't give up!!
My fren & I got bfp for 1st cycle under dr chew.... I hv low ovarian reserve w three eggs retrieved.. Now my bb is born n she is close to 7 mth old.. Dun give up ladies!

Back