Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Did you say daily scans?! How to tell boss..? I do have menses every mth but is not those zhun zhun 28 days kind.. Can stretch abit till 32 kind.. If lining not thick enough they cannot I've progesterone? Must abort? Waste time and money for those scans right

Yes daily scans. :confused:
No idea if they give med for thickening lining in natural FET? But I read cases of being aborted.

You can go for mediated FET since it has lower risk of being aborted. If abort, our $$$ lost and 1 month lost, we must restart everything. :(

Is your boss aware of your ART treatments?

Last edited:

Do

Don't know what's the long form.. It's one of the hormones in our body.. Not E2
Ahh think that was tested during the very initial stage of fertility tests. I forgot liow. Think the range was average. Egg reserve ok.

I only have AFC, E2 & now beta.. The doc say 38yo liow, how high you want..

Back to basics dear, we just need 1 good egg and 1 strong sperm. Have more is our bonus.

There's truth in your statement. Don't we still see drug abusers and women in war zones getting pregnant despite of poisonous substance in their body and stressful environment? Life is such a mystery. :)

Yeah...in reality,i saw so many eg..my sister loves drinking(wine,champagne,liquors all kinds).....n she popped out 2 kids long ago...easily n naturally...my buddy frequent late nightssss....also popped out 1 soon after her marriage...so many question marksss hoovering ard my head...but in actuality,no need to think too much...

Yeah...in reality,i saw so many eg..my sister loves drinking(wine,champagne,liquors all kinds).....n she popped out 2 kids long ago...easily n naturally...my buddy frequent late nightssss....also popped out 1 soon after her marriage...so many question marksss hoovering ard my head...but in actuality,no need to think too much...
I used to get frustrated & kept asking why why why?? Got friends who smoke & drink so heavily but easily pop out 2-3 kids. Also got friends who pop kids when they try so hard to avoid.
But I've come to realize that life is fair. Everyone has different struggles in life, difficulty in TTC is just something I was "allocated". I still have many other blessings in life to be thankful for.
Friends may pop babies easily but u never know what other kinds of struggles they have.
At least we know that we've put in so much to get a baby in our arms. We'll definitely treasure our reward more. Our baby will be one fortunate kid!

I failed my fresh in mid Apr.. Scheduled to see him only in early July.. Why so long ah.. Need to wait that long before FET?? And FET takes 7-8 weeks? Start counting from when?
Dreamcometrue,
Oh...i thought my wait already very long, sorry that you have to wait longer than me. ?(

I was wondering if can call CHR to bring forward the appointment, but since i was occupied, i just follow the schedule.

You may try to call and check if there is any early slot. :)

For me, i will reach 40 yo soon. If delay my treatment, i may not get the gov co-funding for second fresh IVF. I also never expect it will take so long.

Thank you very muchies!muackzzz....will jus go with the flow....n do watever I can, watever I can't control...I leave it to mummy nature...heehee....as i'm typing this,i'm exercising earnestly..hee..stim starts cannt over exert liao...

So happy u r back...:D
Yeah....let nature take its course...
Everything take it easy and trying our best will do

I used to get frustrated & kept asking why why why?? Got friends who smoke & drink so heavily but easily pop out 2-3 kids. Also got friends who pop kids when they try so hard to avoid.
But I've come to realize that life is fair. Everyone has different struggles in life, difficulty in TTC is just something I was "allocated". I still have many other blessings in life to be thankful for.
Friends may pop babies easily but u never know what other kinds of struggles they have.
At least we know that we've put in so much to get a baby in our arms. We'll definitely treasure our reward more. Our baby will be one fortunate kid!
@remembeRainbow and @MonkeyChick,
I cant agreed more to you both.
Of course i know some of my friends who trying hard for babies too, and their lifestyle as healthy as us.

Last time, i always think we still have time and babies are god gift, when its right time to have we will have it. But now i have changed my mind and it was too late to realize. I told my brother to get marry early and start family planning early if he wants babies. Life is so unpredictable, you will never know if thing will happen as you plan or wish.

I am still blessed with what i have, everything are blessing to me. At least i am still alive and kicking :p

Ahh think that was tested during the very initial stage of fertility tests. I forgot liow. Think the range was average. Egg reserve ok.

I only have AFC, E2 & now beta.. The doc say 38yo liow, how high you want..

Back to basics dear, we just need 1 good egg and 1 strong sperm. Have more is our bonus.
I wish that i grab lot of baby dusts from you. I am severely obese too but less than 40 bmi. I was telling my another TTC-ing friend that one of my chinese friend married a malay ladies who look over obese, they have gave birth to 3 healthy kids. So obesity could be difficult to conceive but there is always hope, now you are my hope ;)

So true....your statement. If we have more at our age, its bonus.

Did you say daily scans?! How to tell boss..? I do have menses every mth but is not those zhun zhun 28 days kind.. Can stretch abit till 32 kind.. If lining not thick enough they cannot I've progesterone? Must abort? Waste time and money for those scans right
Medicated FET took longer time but its safer and roughly you will be on schedult for FET. I have lining issue last FET but still on Prof's initiate plan for FET.
One of my friend with regular menses also went for medicated FET, i think emotionally, it will not swing like natural FET.
I did shared the protocol for medicated FET before, the CHR nurse will give you a timetable for the medicated FET. You will need to wait for the menses come then start mercilon, and 7 to 8 weeks FET does not include the waiting time for menses...so it could be longer for patient like me having irregular menses.

Mercilon (3 weeks medication)
- start after AF
- Day 14, go back to CHR for scan and take a jab (decapeptyl)
- continue daily mercilon till Day 21

Expect AF to come (est 1 week)..
Waiting time is at least 3 days...my AF came on D6 after mercilon has stopped
- blood test on Day 1 to Day 3 of menses

Progynova (2 weeks medication)
- start 2 weeks progynova after blood test result, CHR nurse will consult you on the dosage

Scanning for lining (est 1 week)
- on the last day of progynova, i went back to do the 1st scan for lining
- 3 days later, go back for 2nd scan
- Prof will determine if i am ready for FET

Hence, the whole protocol is about 7 weeks to 8 weeks upon AF.

Hope this is helpful.

I had to have min 2 bleeds after my fresh cycle before they let me start hormone pills for fet.

I started the next cycle after my fresh...so considered bled once...Jan'14 my fresh ET aborted..end Feb'14 I was on progynova alr..is it a new protocol to ensure we allow our body to "rest" enough?

I wish that i grab lot of baby dusts from you. I am severely obese too but less than 40 bmi. I was telling my another TTC-ing friend that one of my chinese friend married a malay ladies who look over obese, they have gave birth to 3 healthy kids. So obesity could be difficult to conceive but there is always hope, now you are my hope ;)

So true....your statement. If we have more at our age, its bonus.
Another funny point, I have always wanted to ask prof is it more far for the sperm to travel up my uterus that's why all these years ttc never kena cos maybe they Hv to swim much longer distances..

Though I never got the answer, that day during my ET, Dr Anu did say "I need a longer catheter" ...

After going thru this journey, having a child is really god send. 养儿一百,长悠久久, now I am 悠ing my next scan

I started the next cycle after my fresh...so considered bled once...Jan'14 my fresh ET aborted..end Feb'14 I was on progynova alr..is it a new protocol to ensure we allow our body to "rest" enough?

Dunno if that's the standard procedure? For my case, it's to ensure no leftover follicles/cysts in my ovaries. If given the choice to me now, I won't start FET cycle immediately after fresh cycle because I want the simulation hormones to be all cleared from my body and get a break from the med side effects. My hubby keeps reminding me that my body is more important than having a baby, don't rush into next step without a break.

I already plan my second FET to be 3 months from my first FET. Having a plan in hand helps me to cope with failures. :)

I admire you gals for being knowledgeable. I find I'm a lazy patient! Till now, I don't know my hormone readings like E2 etc. I never ask about them. During the simulation period, I just followed the doctors' and nurses' instructions blindly LOL :p I wasn't on a high protein meat diet, just 2 whole eggs per day, as I am a 98% vegetarian and eat all meals outside.

Last edited:
Another funny point, I have always wanted to ask prof is it more far for the sperm to travel up my uterus that's why all these years ttc never kena cos maybe they Hv to swim much longer distances..

Though I never got the answer, that day during my ET, Dr Anu did say "I need a longer catheter" ...

After going thru this journey, having a child is really god send. 养儿一百,长悠久久, now I am 悠ing my next scan

Hahaha. Did your hubby joke that his sperms have to swim marathons every week? ;)

I teased my hubby that his sperms must be fat and lazy like him, and share same hobby of sleeping. By the time they wake up from their sleep in my body, the egg is gone!!! :eek:

It's so nice to have a new house to welcome your new family addition. 2015 is a brilliant year for you.

Hope @twinkletot , @chloe_ng and others who are doing BTs, will bomb us with BABY DUST next week!

Last edited:
Dunno if that's the standard procedure? For my case, it's to ensure no leftover follicles/cysts in my ovaries. If given the choice to me now, I won't start FET cycle immediately after fresh cycle because I want the simulation hormones to be all cleared from my body and get a break from the med side effects. My hubby keeps reminding me that my body is more important than having a baby, don't rush into next step without a break.

I already plan my second FET to be 3 months from my first FET. Having a plan in hand helps me to cope with failures. :)

I admire you gals for being knowledgeable. I find I'm a lazy patient! Till now, I don't know my hormone readings like E2 etc. I never ask about them. During the simulation period, I just followed the doctors' and nurses' instructions blindly LOL :p I wasn't on a high protein meat diet, just 2 whole eggs per day, as I am a 98% vegetarian .

Ah...mayb that explained y...I'm pcos...dun think there's a chance to see my ovaries cleared of cysts...hehe...all my scans as far irregardless of which cycle day...all showed clusters of pearls in my ovaries...

For me, jus Ensure milk advised by chr nurse n 2 eggs...n i thot that's hi proteins enuf...hehe...sometimes skipped the eggs somemore...notty notty....:D

98%?where's the 2%...lolzz...on eggs?

Ah...mayb that explained y...I'm pcos...dun think there's a chance to see my ovaries cleared of cysts...hehe...all my scans as far irregardless of which cycle day...all showed clusters of pearls in my ovaries...

For me, jus Ensure milk advised by chr nurse n 2 eggs...n i thot that's hi proteins enuf...hehe...sometimes skipped the eggs somemore...notty notty....:D

98%?where's the 2%...lolzz...on eggs?

Birth control pills and menses can remove those cysts. I read that cysts are pretty common in women.

The docs and nurses didn't advise me anything on the diet. Maybe cos I never ask them in the first place.

2% is stuff like minced meat in dry mee pok etc. :p I don't like taste of meat.

However my doctor did asked me "What did you eat?!" after she got a shock at my 40 follicles haha (another new tiny 13 follicles appeared on the scan screen) . I suspect I have PCOS.

**Waves to Dr Shakina, Dr Lim, Nurse Jillian, Linda, Karen and embryologists** - I love you all! Thanks for pacifying me on my fear about ET, pacifying my hubby's fears about negative side effects and all the help etc. I gonna stay put at NUH till I deliver baby hehe.

Last edited:
Birth control pills and menses can remove those cysts. I read that cysts are pretty common in women.

The docs and nurses didn't advise me anything on the diet. Maybe cos I never ask them in the first place.

However my doctor did asked me "What did you eat?!" after she got a shock at my 40 follicles haha (another new tiny 13 follicles appeared on the scan screen) . I suspect I have PCOS.

2% is stuff like minced meat in dry mee pok etc. :p I don't like taste of meat.

That's funny the doc's reaction!...dun think food can cause follies to pop out like tt...else ladies with low Amh wld noe alr...hehe...he/she teasing u...

U din get a preliminary bloodwork done on ur first consultation with nuh?the bloodtest results shld tell if u r pcos or nt,conclude based on fsh vs Lh...transvaginal scans can also tell...ovaries full of small strings of follies or u can call it pearls...hehe....even after menses or bcp,it will still roughly b like tt...as far,i got no chance to see clean ovaries...i hope i hav a chance to...after all i wanna b healthy on top of havin babies...

That's funny the doc's reaction!...dun think food can cause follies to pop out like tt...else ladies with low Amh wld noe alr...hehe...he/she teasing u...

U din get a preliminary bloodwork done on ur first consultation with nuh?the bloodtest results shld tell if u r pcos or nt,conclude based on fsh vs Lh...transvaginal scans can also tell...ovaries full of small strings of follies or u can call it pearls...hehe....even after menses or bcp,it will still roughly b like tt...as far,i got no chance to see clean ovaries...i hope i hav a chance to...after all i wanna b healthy on top of havin babies...

I have several friends with PCOS who conceived naturally :) They are mummies now. You will be one of them!

I did all those preliminary tests. Nuh doctors said I don't have PCOS but TMC doctor said I have PCOS. Anyway I am thankful for having more follicles than none.

Beta figures cannot tell whether it's twins or triplets. Pregnant ladies have a huge disparity in their beta figures.

Last edited:
I have several friends with PCOS who conceived naturally :) They are mummies now. You will be one of them!

I did all those preliminary tests. Nuh doctors said I don't have PCOS but TMC doctor said I have PCOS. Anyway I am thankful for having more follicles than none.

Beta figures cannot tell whether it's twins or triplets. Pregnant ladies have a huge disparity in their beta figures.

Thank you thank you!for the encouragemt..hehe
Hmmm...tt's confusing...not to show disrespect to tcm coz I do buy tcm...bloodworks n scan usually can b pretty conclusive...

N I din read much on beta figures.. guess y I think is triplets?lol!!!!the return of Superman....lolzzz...I learn from kshow...lol...this is so embarrassing... lolzz...
danhae minguk manse mum's beta is 1800+ on bt day...they thot is twins...on heartbeat scan...3 bipok bipok...:D

Pls dun laugh at me ya.. lolzzz

Ya man mine pale in comparison, now I googling on my beta
No need to google on your beta la.. Cos it's dependent on which day u implanted.
HCG doubles every 2 days so it's your own doubling time between 2 consecutive betas that matters. No need bother abt other people's beta & stress yourself.
Anyway if u thinking of delivering in NUH then u better sign up for their antenatal class soon.
Yesterday I signed up for express class (that means 9-5 in one intensive day instead of 2hrsx7days) the earliest slot is in mid sept!!! Omg I'd be 32weeks by then, think no pt attending liao :(

Thank you thank you!for the encouragemt..hehe
Hmmm...tt's confusing...not to show disrespect to tcm coz I do buy tcm...bloodworks n scan usually can b pretty conclusive...

N I din read much on beta figures.. guess y I think is triplets?lol!!!!the return of Superman....lolzzz...I learn from kshow...lol...this is so embarrassing... lolzz...
danhae minguk manse mum's beta is 1800+ on bt day...they thot is twins...on heartbeat scan...3 bipok bipok...:D

Pls dun laugh at me ya.. lolzzz

Were they conceived via ivf too? Or maybe IUI cos all look different. So touching right the mother refused to stop one of them even though she will suffer if carry triplets. Ilkook so love the wife n kids.

My fsh vs LH is almost 1:1 lor .. insulin level also very healthy

But e pearls very pretty hmph

No need to google on your beta la.. Cos it's dependent on which day u implanted.
HCG doubles every 2 days so it's your own doubling time between 2 consecutive betas that matters. No need bother abt other people's beta & stress yourself.
Anyway if u thinking of delivering in NUH then u better sign up for their antenatal class soon.
Yesterday I signed up for express class (that means 9-5 in one intensive day instead of 2hrsx7days) the earliest slot is in mid sept!!! Omg I'd be 32weeks by then, think no pt attending liao :(
Hugs thanks for your headsup, ok ok I will go sign up liow. Btw which gynae you going to?

Oh can only sign up after 12weeks, the diff between normal n express is express don't cover infant feeding.. But at least u finish in 2 session compare to normal 7 session

Were they conceived via ivf too? Or maybe IUI cos all look different. So touching right the mother refused to stop one of them even though she will suffer if carry triplets. Ilkook so love the wife n kids.

Not too sure also leh coz they din spell out if it's ivf...as long as they r not identical multiples, they can look different...I supposed they r not identical...:D
Ya man...a great mum n admirable lady indeed...it was so bad that she cld not even walk normally...

Last edited:
Not too sure also leh coz they din swell out if it's ivf...as long as they r not identical multiples, they can look different...I supposed they r not identical...:D
Ya man...a great mum n admirable lady indeed...it was so bad that she cld not even walk normally...
Think they must Hv gone for fertility also cos ilkook was 40.. And the wife is a judge and they married 5 years no kids.. Can you imagine my 2ww I free until I so bagua..

Think they must Hv gone for fertility also cos ilkook was 40.. And the wife is a judge and they married 5 years no kids.. Can you imagine my 2ww I free until I so bagua..

My thot also..coz to hav multiples...the % or probability is really low if natural...to conceive at a late age naturally also low...so to conceive at a late age n get multiples...the probability is super low...unless on fertility treatment...or on med support...but nvr say nvr coz the creation of life is so miraculous....hee
Hahaha...no worries...I can understand the time u hav on hand....after I resigned also free until....ah...:oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hugs thanks for your headsup, ok ok I will go sign up liow. Btw which gynae you going to?

Oh can only sign up after 12weeks, the diff between normal n express is express don't cover infant feeding.. But at least u finish in 2 session compare to normal 7 session
I sign up late cos I recently then decided to stick to NUH Prof Biswas. Not sure whether u read abt my pte gynae saga a month ago.
Since earliest slot is sept, by then u should be 12wks liao, just nice. Anyway 2hrs x 7days I think too hassle for me. After delivery the nurses will still teach breastfeeding so I feel the express class is not much loss la.

I sign up late cos I recently then decided to stick to NUH Prof Biswas. Not sure whether u read abt my pte gynae saga a month ago.
Since earliest slot is sept, by then u should be 12wks liao, just nice. Anyway 2hrs x 7days I think too hassle for me. After delivery the nurses will still teach breastfeeding so I feel the express class is not much loss la.

Yeah read abt it. Hope all well is well.

I may also choose prof biswas if I am high risk as my high blood and potentially high sugar too.. I also have a 3cm fibroid plus I m super overweight. So just pray that we all smooth delivery

@remembeRainbow : how much are the classes? Didn't know the classes are so HOT

@remembeRainbow : how much are the classes? Didn't know the classes are so HOT
ImageUploadedByForum1433309357.011605.jpg

Thank you!

Btw, how are you? I have been in quite bad shape.....
1st tri was quite bad, totally couldn't go to work.
But 2nd tri onwards I feel perfectly fine, until i sometimes forget I'm preg & will do funny things like swatting & rushing down the stairs. Then would kena scolding by colleagues who saw it :p
So hang in there, things will get better gal!

1st tri was quite bad, totally couldn't go to work.
But 2nd tri onwards I feel perfectly fine, until i sometimes forget I'm preg & will do funny things like swatting & rushing down the stairs. Then would kena scolding by colleagues who saw it :p
So hang in there, things will get better gal!
Week 7 onwards was bad. No appetite and vomited few times.
Week 8: went hospital A&e due to high fever. But since preg, doc just diagnosed me as stomach flu. Gave me anti vomiting jab and panadol only. Was there few hours. But fever didn't subside after I went back so seen another GP next day. Doc diagnosed as viral infection. Throat was swollen and given anti biotics. Then, spots started appearing on my palms and again went to a doc. Doc diagnosed as HFMD. So gosh.... I was in such bad shape.

Now after everything, I am left with terrible dry cough. Cough syrup doesn't seem to work. I feel so down and sian... Why is it so drama for me?

Even Prof wondered how I got HFMD.

I feel drained...

Hi

Been reading this thread since I started my ivf journey.

Just got my bfn result yest. Felt so heartbroken...

Hope to find comfort, support, advice and buckets of bb dust here.

Jiayou, everyone. :)

Week 8: went hospital A&e due to high fever. But since preg, doc just diagnosed me as stomach flu. Gave me anti vomiting jab and panadol only. Was there few hours. But fever didn't subside after I went back so seen another GP next day. Doc diagnosed as viral infection. Throat was swollen and given anti biotics. Then, spots started appearing on my palms and again went to a doc. Doc diagnosed as HFMD. So gosh.... I was in such bad shape.

Now after everything, I am left with terrible dry cough. Cough syrup doesn't seem to work. I feel so down and sian... Why is it so drama for me?

I feel drained...
Oh dear ... hope you're feeling better already ...

I used to suffer from a lot of dry coughs ... cough until bronchitis type ... syrups don't work one ... she would prescribe me some capsules for cough and sensitive airways ... can try asking docs if they have other medicine instead of syrup?

I feel drained...

Poor you, you indeed suffered a lot... Are you taking any supplements or tcm tonic to improve your health?

Next time your kid will sayang mommy for her sacrifices for him/her.

Hi

Been reading this thread since I started my ivf journey.

Just got my bfn result yest. Felt so heartbroken...

Hope to find comfort, support, advice and buckets of bb dust here.

Jiayou, everyone. :)

Do you have any frozen embabies? Plan your next step forward. Go for a nice spa, pedicure, buffet etc to pamper yourself.

I am a timid gal and coward in real life. I fear failures! Ever since I started off ivf journey, I am living in both hopes and fears. So I constantly remind myself that "Failure is the mother of success" and I already prepare my next step forward if current cycle does not succeed. Told myself that it's not a failure, it's simply an attempt.

I need to send my little angels to fight my little devils sometimes. :oops:

Last edited:

Back