Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

My embryologist only say how many excellent/ good/ satisfactory.

By the way, after a failed cycle, how long is your period. Today is my 8th day of menses and still having small amt of fresh blood.. Wonder when will it stop..

My embryologist only say how many excellent/ good/ satisfactory.

By the way, after a failed cycle, how long is your period. Today is my 8th day of menses and still having small amt of fresh blood.. Wonder when will it stop..

If u r asking abt the longest one I had...13days...it stopped ard day4...but came back again for another few days..length is 13 days...confused me abit...but I happened to b seeing tcm..physician was telling me 1st cycle after stopping all the hormones support can b quite cranky...things shld resume back to normal on 2nd cycle after treatment cycle...

I told physician... "Hmmm, then it will b even more cranky after it resumes back to "normal" for me"...lolz

Cool!
I never knew my embryos' exact gradings cos embryologist just said how many cells, how many good & how many satisfactory. Maybe my next visit to NUH I shld ask about my remaining 3 frozen ones!

I only got to know the number of cells when I visited the doc...was showed the status record for my embiess...very detailed list indeed...tracking them day1-3...for each egg...but quite a few medical terms or acronyms used though...I jus looked at the number...lol...

I think 5 all grade 2 is very good results. U shud be pleased! My ER is Thursday... I had slight drop in E2 today.. still trying to stay positive

Try drinking pomegranate juice. It helps to increase estrogen level.
i read somewhere if your E2 level is 10,000+, u’ll most likely have 10 eggs. My E2 level was 17045 & they collected 13 eggs from me..
All the best!

When is the earliest we could use the hpt? Still contemplating if I shd do that or just wait for the blood test. o_O

Try drinking pomegranate juice. It helps to increase estrogen level.
i read somewhere if your E2 level is 10,000+, u’ll most likely have 10 eggs. My E2 level was 17045 & they collected 13 eggs from me..
All the best!
Wow! That's a very good number! What was the dosage of ur jabs?
How many embbies did u freeze?

For my case, 6 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. But only 3 made it to blast stage.

Seems like they hav changed their protocol...used to b very strict...only if having above 6 good/excellent embryos then they will proceed with blastocyst culturing...reason being they do not take the risk...

Do u hav a choice to freeze 4 at D3 n allow 2 to proceed to blastocyst?...or no, is all at D3 or all proceed?

I'm going to tok much longer with the embryologist next session...Hehe...:D

Seems like they hav changed their protocol...used to b very strict...only if having above 6 good/excellent embryos then they will proceed with blastocyst culturing...reason being they do not take the risk...

Do u hav a choice to freeze 4 at D3 n allow 2 to proceed to blastocyst?...or no, is all at D3 or all proceed?

I did think of that as well but there maybe some issues there like if u grow 2 to blast and rest freeze... then what if that 2 blast dont make it? Like can u just thaw those that u froze immediately? I think there is a reason why pple have to go for all or nothing... that means either all go for blast or just d3... unless u have like 30 eggs then is another story la haha... most pple who have like 10 eggs thereabouts dont have enuff eggs to play around with the numbers.

My D3 was a Sunday, so initially I was prepared for D4 transfer on the Monday, hubby even took AL. But they called me on Monday saying change to D5 transfer. I did ask how come is D5 transfer since not all 6 are excellent quality. But the embryologist just say they will decide base on their experience...

On that Monday, if I rem correctly the embbies were 2 excellent, 1 good, 2 satisfactory and 1 below average. However on tues morning before my ET, they say 3 excellent and 3 below ave. the 2 which were satisfactory didn't grow further.
I supposed for those that did not grow, even if freeze at D3 also won't grow after thawing? I'm not so sure, anyone has any experience in this?

My ER is on Fri 8.00 am. Nervous :)
Just went through today and oh wow the full bladder was quite a challenge. Cos the whole thing will be faster if your bladder is full really about 10mins. Discomfort level is bearable. If your bladder gets full easily then 1 hour before procedure is enough. I finish by 11.15 and had to wait till 12.30.. The part where they give you the photo of the embryo is quite touching to see.

Most of u are under prof wong.. is ut under private of subsidise? Because i once asked my husband to request for prof wong but the chr nurse says it will be under private patients.. is it true?

Hi all, I am going for post ivf review next week. I am not with nuh but planning to switch after the review. Wonder if you can share with me the pertinent questions to ask the gynae? I feel I am losing hope as I feel fatigued and became lax in my diet. Sad. TIA.

Most of u are under prof wong.. is ut under private of subsidise? Because i once asked my husband to request for prof wong but the chr nurse says it will be under private patients.. is it true?
Actually I tot all ivf patient are private leh... the costs all the same mah what is subsidised?

Im not sure but i remembered when i have probs with my first stims process i asked my husband to call chr and request if i can be under prof.. but the nurse explain it will be under private patients .. but when i first decided to go for ivf.. prof wong was the one who access my history then he decide whem i can start.. whemni started going for scan my doc was dr lim n shakina.. nvr onve i see prof for my scan.. i hope if i go for my second ivf i would love to be under prof care.

Ya if u want to request for a doc it'll be under private. If u are subsidized, u can't request for a doctor. I'm under subsidized & the only time I saw prof was when he reviewed my case & also to give the green light for us to proceed with IVF.

Actually I tot all ivf patient are private leh... the costs all the same mah what is subsidised?

For IVF all costs are the same. But for subsidized patient, all our pre IVF checkup is under subsidized price, blood tests, scans, etc etc..

But once u start ivf no more tests to do so private get the privilege to choose dr... Im not sure if u can just switch from subsidised to private just like that... not sure what are their rules

My costs till now just for ivf is about 13.6k so less of grant and medisave we need top up 1.3k. However my case is that I need a lot of stims so it might be cheaper for those who don't need so much. There are of cos other charges in the beginning before you embark on the program, I lost count but it's closed to 4-6k since I start last June

My D3 was a Sunday, so initially I was prepared for D4 transfer on the Monday, hubby even took AL. But they called me on Monday saying change to D5 transfer. I did ask how come is D5 transfer since not all 6 are excellent quality. But the embryologist just say they will decide base on their experience...

On that Monday, if I rem correctly the embbies were 2 excellent, 1 good, 2 satisfactory and 1 below average. However on tues morning before my ET, they say 3 excellent and 3 below ave. the 2 which were satisfactory didn't grow further.
I supposed for those that did not grow, even if freeze at D3 also won't grow after thawing? I'm not so sure, anyone has any experience in this?

As long as they no longer grow, considered arrested. They r also very particular on wat they r freezing. There's certain criteria to b met to b picked for freezing...The embryologist told me though she din spell out the criteria...but duno it's still valid...seems that they r making some changes...at least for the blastocyst culturing criteria...

Last edited:
I did think of that as well but there maybe some issues there like if u grow 2 to blast and rest freeze... then thaw if that 2 blast dont make it? Like can u just thaw those that u froze immediately? I think there is a reason why pple have to go for all or nothing... that means either all go for blast or just d3... unless u have like 30 eggs then is another story la haha... most pple who have like 10 eggs thereabouts dont have enuff eggs to play around with the numbers.

I will ask...in details...:D...
I will also ask when they say based on their expertise to decide to proceed to D5...wat r they looking at for the decision to proceed...jus for knowledge..
I'm thinking it can b difficult to coordinate...freeze some n allow some to grow...wat if the last blastocyst din make it to ET day?how & when r they going to gauge to thaw or not to thaw the frozen ones...it can b a very dynamic situation...potentially disrupting ET?

10 is a luxurious number to play ard with...i hope i hav 10 to play ard right till d3..hehe..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My costs till now just for ivf is about 13.6k so less of grant and medisave we need top up 1.3k. However my case is that I need a lot of stims so it might be cheaper for those who don't need so much. There are of cos other charges in the beginning before you embark on the program, I lost count but it's closed to 4-6k since I start last June

The most expensive part is the stim med...that's the varying cost for different individual...o_O

Hi all, I am going for post ivf review next week. I am not with nuh but planning to switch after the review. Wonder if you can share with me the pertinent questions to ask the gynae? I feel I am losing hope as I
feel fatigued and became lax in my diet. Sad. TIA.

Hi, welcome...

Do u mean pertinent questions for post ivf review?or do u mean questions for doc after u switch to nuh?:)

Hihi
I mean post ivf review. I am going to get all my medical reports since I embarked on ivf so I can show my next gynae. I have lost complete faith in my gynae and just want to be done with her after my review.

But once u start ivf no more tests to do so private get the privilege to choose dr... Im not sure if u can just switch from subsidised to private just like that... not sure what are their rules
Hmm i think i just stick to the same one.. if not very complicated hor.. my next checkup at clinic G is in July.. back to the clinic when i first came visit because of my irregular menses issue.

For IVF all costs are the same. But for subsidized patient, all our pre IVF checkup is under subsidized price, blood tests, scans, etc etc..
Now i know the diff.. because i read in this space many of them are under prof wong.. and wondering the cost etc.. thanks for the info..

Do u mean the stc monitoring during ivf?
I din noe there's subsidized rates as well...

No, in case u need additional blood test for some other tests during IVF, for eg to check ur glucose level for diabetes.

Back