Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Yeah there are still remaining grants and medisave to use. I am aware that I will get 1.2K subsidy from government for 3 FETs and can use medisave capped at 15K.

I only did one fresh cycle and couldn't do any fresh transfer due to OHSS. So now I'm very sian and impatient waiting for my first ET in June haha, and can't focus well at work :D Hope my bosses don't kill me.

I am a gancheong spider. TTC is such a long long journey that tests our mental strength, physical strength and financial strength.
Day_dreaming, i hear you. My first cycle was FET too due to OHSS. Totally understand how you feel. But sometime think about it, we just have to wait patiently and its a blessing for me as i still having flu after ER. Ultimately we all want to conceive with healthy baby, instead of complication.
I can't agree more on the mental, physical and financial strength. All of us are in the battle, lets be strong and fighting. Jia you jia you

Day_dreaming, i hear you. My first cycle was FET too due to OHSS. Totally understand how you feel. But sometime think about it, we just have to wait patiently and its a blessing for me as i still having flu after ER. Ultimately we all want to conceive with healthy baby, instead of complication.
I can't agree more on the mental, physical and financial strength. All of us are in the battle, lets be strong and fighting. Jia you jia you

Thanks for your encouragement! I agree with you, good things require waiting hehe.

I made the decision to abort my fresh transfer because I was scared of organ failure that results from severe OHSS.

Hope your body is feeling much better now. :)

I produced many follicles, about 40 but most of them are kosong without eggs. Egg quality is only average, think I will need many attempts.
No wonder risk of OHSS. It was pity to have so many follicles but most are kosong. I have retrieved 15, only 4 with egg. We are about the same situation. So, how many of snowies do you have?
Average egg quality can bfp too, dont worry! Grab the baby dust from remembeRainbow and lucasmum...

I am one of the odd cases, so don't let my case frighten you. You may be the lucky ones with 0 side effect.

Migraine, stomach pain for 4 hours, nauseousness, dizziness, heart beats go faster, super agitated (wanna scold and bash colleagues at work haha), hot flashes, bloatedness, forgetfulness ...

So I would advice you and other ladies to plan IVF cycle around off-peak period at work if possible. Do you feel any effects from the NE? I felt side effects from even the NE. Good luck for your fresh cycle!
These were effects from NE alone? Scary! I haven't started yet, will be taking NE in 15 days time haha

These were effects from NE alone? Scary! I haven't started yet, will be taking NE in 15 days time haha

Not all are from NE They are summarized from all types of hormones taken by me. :p

There are other ladies who don't feel much from the hormones. :) Don't worry. I am just an odd case.

Last edited:
No wonder risk of OHSS. It was pity to have so many follicles but most are kosong. I have retrieved 15, only 4 with egg. We are about the same situation. So, how many of snowies do you have?
Average egg quality can bfp too, dont worry! Grab the baby dust from remembeRainbow and lucasmum...

13 snowies :p Yes as long got eggs, means got hope. I'm treating this TTC as buying 4D!

Btw my doctor is not prof wong. I'm a subsidized patient.

13 snowies :p Yes as long got eggs, means got hope. I'm treating this TTC as buying 4D!

Btw my doctor is not prof wong. I'm a subsidized patient.
Thats a very good number. I think some of your follicles with egg but they are not mature....
I wont treat ivf as buying 4D as i never strike, i want to strike in IVF, haha

Thats a very good number. I think some of your follicles with egg but they are not mature....
I wont treat ivf as buying 4D as i never strike, i want to strike in IVF, haha

Hope you and other ladies on TTC journey STRIKE soon!
004-2.gif

All of us are answering to Singapore government's baby call.

Last edited:
@Day_Dreaming Welcome! Wow! 13 snowies?!?! That's a good number? So you'll be transferring 2 for your natural FET next? When you say you are subsidised patient, you go through poly referral route? So your gynae changes every time? Is it still at CHR or Clinic C?

@Day_Dreaming Welcome! Wow! 13 snowies?!?! That's a good number? So you'll be transferring 2 for your natural FET next? When you say you are subsidised patient, you go through poly referral route? So your gynae changes every time? Is it still at CHR or Clinic C?

Depend on whether they thaw successfully.
smileys-praying-623819.gif
Does NUH store snowies in pair?

I'm still pondering between 1 and 2, risk of twin versa FET cost.

Yup referred from polyclinic. My consultations took place at CHR and clinic G with different doctors like merry-go-round. I have seen all doctors on NUH IVF website , except Dr Chew and Logon :D

What's your status now? I like your avatar message ;)

Last edited:
Depend on whether they thaw successfully.
smileys-praying-623819.gif
Does NUH store snowies in pair?

I'm still pondering between 1 and 2, risk of twin versa FET cost.

Yup referred from polyclinic. My consultations took place at CHR and clinic G with different doctors like merry-go-round. I have seen all doctors on NUH IVF website , except Dr Chew and Logon :D

What's your status now? I like your avatar message ;)
I tot nuh for fertility only have prof, Anu and Dr chew.

Chloe...not everybody experienced the effect. I have no effect by taking NE

My whole ivf process I suffered zero effects.. My only suffering was the 2ww.. Argh!

I also no side effects from the pills and jabs! Babydust to all!!! I'm sticking around to see whether I can be of help and to give hope to all the tccing sisters!

Hi ladies,

Can you please share the starting dose of gonal-F given to you for your IVF cycle? :)

Last edited:

Were all your snowies thawed successfully? :)

Is 150 the lowest dose? I think so right?
Chloe, my last 3 day jabs i took only 112.5 unit. But a bit troublesome, CHR nurse gave me gonal f pen and 3 lose pack of gonal f to save cost. The lose pack not easy to handle and i have spilled out the medicine accidentally. Just a gentle reminder to ladies who is taking the lose gonal f.

Chloe, my last 3 day jabs i took only 112.5 unit. But a bit troublesome, CHR nurse gave me gonal f pen and 3 lose pack of gonal f to save cost. The lose pack not easy to handle and i have spilled out the medicine accidentally. Just a gentle reminder to ladies who is taking the lose gonal f.
I never had to do any mixing for the jabs. Nurse asked if i preferred she prepare everything for me, I gladly said yes! The remaining gonal f she combined into one syringe so that I can just jab once conveniently instead of poking myself twice.

That's very challenging man.

Hi folks, just wana spread some bb dusts to all of you here.. Been through 1 fresh cycle & 1 FET with Prof Wong (managed to conceive twins but one of them has no heartbeat in the 2nd mth).

Successfully conceived & just celebrated bb full month yesterday. For the Taoist religion, I'll be returning red eggs at the Toa Payoh 双林寺 on this coming Wednesday. For those who would like to grab some bb dust can collect them in front of 注生娘娘 (take 2.. One for yourself & your hubby).

Understand the challenge all of you are going through... I've been through & succeeded. 加油!

Wait I think the gonal-f pen she helped me combine cos my last dose was 150, she combined 2x75 together into one syringe.
Ready-to-jab pen min is 300. Any lesser dosage, it will come in complicated separate mixes which have to DIY.

Hi all, I am with prof pc Wong as well. Had 1 failed iui last month. Canceled this month due to follicle stop growing. Any of you here know how fast I can start ivf after a failed iui? Need to take any break in between? He wants me to try another iui cycle with clomid, but I am afraid i might waste my time if it doesn't happened again.

Hi all, I am with prof pc Wong as well. Had 1 failed iui last month. Canceled this month due to follicle stop growing. Any of you here know how fast I can start ivf after a failed iui? Need to take any break in between? He wants me to try another iui cycle with clomid, but I am afraid i might waste my time if it doesn't happened again.

The earliest IVF slot for booking is 2 months later at NUH (from what I know in early Feb 15).

I was told by nurse that I cannot attempt to get pregnant at home 1 month before my IVF cycle, so I doubt they let you do IUI and IVF back to back. To save time, how about you book your IVF slot at your next doctor appointment?

The TTC journey is very time-consuming. Wait and wait and wait... but the reward (beautiful baby) is very precious at the end.

Last edited:
i wanted to book it in but he said not to worry, there isnt a wait line. I should check with him again before he is out in May. We agreed on 2 iui before moving to ivf but my this cycle of iui got canceled because the egg isnt growing.
I feel bad for my hubby cause I am the one with problem. But there is nothing much I can do but keep on trying.

i wanted to book it in but he said not to worry, there isnt a wait line. I should check with him again before he is out in May. We agreed on 2 iui before moving to ivf but my this cycle of iui got canceled because the egg isnt growing.
I feel bad for my hubby cause I am the one with problem. But there is nothing much I can do but keep on trying.
Mind sharing ur age? Actually iui is good for pple like urself with egg issues but if egg not responding well to clomid then could be harder. Do u have pcos?

Donr worry too much. I waited for 2 months to see prof to start ivf, once you meet with him, the process pretty fast for fresh cycle. I am the one having issue 4 years ago, after tiao for many years now hubby having slight issue. Most important thing both must understand the situation and do not blame any party. My hubby was stress during my first cycle, i have to encourage him and said we are on the same boat, without him, i cannot conceive too. Fighting!! All the best

Yup there's no wait line for ivf in NUH. When I called 6 mths prior to book ivf slot, CHR nurse said y call so early?
That's y I like it here. Even for the ivf scans, I could usually settle everything within an hr.
When I read abt how ivf q can take mths at KKH & how long they need to wait for scans, I really shake my head.

Mind sharing ur age? Actually iui is good for pple like urself with egg issues but if egg not responding well to clomid then could be harder. Do u have pcos?
I am 33. I usually do not have problem ovulating. It is just this particular month, maybe due to stress. But i have endometriosis. A chocolat cyst in my ovary. I wonder if iui is any good to someone like me with endometriosis since it is suspected the cyst will affect the environment for the egg and sperm.

There are many women who go on to have kids despite the endom cyst.
U must understand that when dr sees your cyst as the only "unusual" thing in your system, it's v natural to pinpoint & accuse it as the culprit. (Eg: my fibroid was blamed for many yrs before I found out via IVF that egg quality was my issue, I now bfp with my fibroid still inside)
U don't need a long break after iui to start ivf since iui uses little meds. So u lose at most 2-3 mths which I personally feel it's worth giving iui a last try.
Who knows, u may b lucky enough to give ivf a miss.

There are many women who go on to have kids despite the endom cyst.
U must understand that when dr sees your cyst as the only "unusual" thing in your system, it's v natural to pinpoint & accuse it as the culprit. (Eg: my fibroid was blamed for many yrs before I found out via IVF that egg quality was my issue, I now bfp with my fibroid still inside)
U don't need a long break after iui to start ivf since iui uses little meds. So u lose at most 2-3 mths which I personally feel it's worth giving iui a last try.
Who knows, u may b lucky enough to give ivf a miss.
Agreed with everything said above. Since u normally do ovulate and hb no sperm issues, iui stands a good chance

Hi remembeRainbow,

How did you know via IVF that egg quality was an issue for you? And what have you have done thereafter?

Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum but have been reading through the thread for some time. Also,definitely not new on this IVF journey.

Would like to share my thoughts & feelings & get some emotional support.

This journey is hell tough for me n I have been treading this path earnestly with no regretzz

I am PCOS,often hav mid cycle spotting as long as I am anovulatory for that month. Hubby is pretty fine except for morphology issue but was not thought to be a concern by doctors.

I have started my IVF journey in Dec'13 with nuh but not with Prof Wong.
IVF#1: Overstimulated with 30 embies retrieved, 21 mature, 18 fertilize but only 4 made it to freezing. ET was cancelled in fear of OHSS.
Rushed into Nuh A&E on day of ER due to excruciating pain ard abs & stomach areas,given shots of antibodies & high dose of pain killers. Hospitalized for the nite.
FET#1: On Progynova,cycle cancelled due to mid cycle spotting and lining dun seems to grow.
FET#2: IOO-FET, on gonal-f, body just dun respond, follicle dun grow & lining thickness also stagnant,cycle cancelled after ~18days of jabs with mid cycle spotting.
FET#3: IOO-FET, on puregon n menopur. Same scenario as FET#2. Cycle cancelled after ~16 days of jabs with mid cycle spotting.
FET#4: On Progynova, started bleeding profusely on cd12, prescribed traxemic to stop bleeding. Bleeding halted after 1 day. ET proceeded in Dec'14 with 2 embies transferred. Both 8-cells, 1 compacted. BFN.
Cried on day of BT but decided to fight on.
FET#5: On increased dosage of Progynova/Estro, lining reached 10mm by cd14. ET done in Mar'15 with 2 embies transferred, 1 6cell & 1 7cell. BFN on just yesterday. Totally devastated. Cried myself to sleep and asking so many whys...read so many possible reasons for failures...

Woke up with swollen eyes &
still decided to fight on...intends to switch Prof Wong for change of luck & another fresh cycle...hopefully his well known magic hands will dust me with lotsa baby dust...

I ain't lucky first timer though I seriously wish I was one then...the journey was tough but like many, I hav chosen to fight on....
I'm happy to see BFPs posted here coz it does give motivation to gear on...I hope I do not frighten off any that's new on the journey...

Last edited:
I managed to get a slot with Prof Wong on 27thMay. Woohoo!Fight on....

Fyi:
He's fully booked in Apr, out of office in May & almost the whole of Jun.
Who did your ivf previously? Prof is good but may and june all out as u said. Earliest also july

Hi remembeRainbow,

How did you know via IVF that egg quality was an issue for you? And what have you have done thereafter?
I ovulate regularly every mth (proven by all my CD21 bloodtests) but I ovulate when my follicles were small, abt only 15mm.
During ivf, discovered that only those follicles above 18mm contained mature eggs (implies all along I've been ovulating immature eggs)
I didn't do anything abt it cos ivf solved this problem.

Who did your ivf previously? Prof is good but may and june all out as u said. Earliest also july

I'm with Dr Anu all this while. And she commented I'm her nightmare...lolzz

The ironical part...I hav chosen nuh bcoz I hav read abt prof Wong...n finally decided on Dr Anu coz firstly pcos is her area of studies n secondly I preferred a female Dr...coz I find it awkward with a male doc...

Now...wat's awkwardness to me?...nothing anymore as long as it works...

Last edited:

Back