Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

That time the seminar got a lady share her experience... also first timer lucky. I was thinking if I really succeed I also wanna volunteer to share my experience at his seminar haha

During seminar they will bring the real equipment to show & let u touch. Including the gonal-f pen but u have passed all that.
During ET bring thick socks if u need. My feet turns cold easily & was trembling. They allow socks into OT.

Was just looking back & can't help but laugh comparing this:

Dr Anu: hot gel for tummy scan which was more comfy
Prof: cold gel, the last thing I wan on a bursting bladder!

Dr Anu: let me see screen & even gave narration during the whole process!!
Prof: nv show screen, whole room quiet

Dr Anu: I was in HAPPY tears when I saw photo of perfect embryos
Prof: SAD tears.. poorer-looking embryos

Anyway bfp-ed under prof though it was a much less enjoyable experience...
CONCLUSION: As long as bfp, who cares! HAHA
Thank you for the detailed summary.
To me, it was a tough journey, mentally and physically.
I still prefer Prof to help me with FET, you are right, as long as bfp, thats most important!!

That time the seminar got a lady share her experience... also first timer lucky. I was thinking if I really succeed I also wanna volunteer to share my experience at his seminar haha
Chloe, absolutely agreed. I dont mind too as long as i can succeed....pray hard.

Strange... During the seminar I went, the lady who shared was a multiple-attempter... Succeeded only at her final try. Prof said the reason y he invited her to share is to prep us to be prepared for multiple tries.. Must preserve... Scare me lor!

Could it be every seminar, Prof will invite diff person to share their experiences? I think the same lady may not want to attend so many seminar

Hi ladies,

Can I find out how to go about registering for the seminar? I tried searching but couldn't find any info.

I've attempted 2 rounds of IUI at NUH so far, going onto a third attempt probably in June. Thought if there's any seminar on IVF before that, then I can attend first in case the next IUI fails then I can move on to IVF from there.

Hi ladies,

Can I find out how to go about registering for the seminar? I tried searching but couldn't find any info.

I've attempted 2 rounds of IUI at NUH so far, going onto a third attempt probably in June. Thought if there's any seminar on IVF before that, then I can attend first in case the next IUI fails then I can move on to IVF from there.
@veraine I think the nurses at CHR will inform you before you start the injection phase. My experience was like that. Of cos you can always ask them so that you can attend earlier.

Definitely not open to public. In fact my impression is even dr Anu and Dr chew patients are not invited. The nurses only mention after u meet them to more or less confirm u wanna do ivf... but definitely u can ask abt it earlier

Hi ladies,

Hi Veraine,
You try to call NUH CHR to find out more. I was registered the seminar during my review with prof.

Hi ladies..I was also under prof wong

hmm..my Et under him painfree and fast cos I actually asked for a smaller speculum :)
I think my ET was difficult cos my bladder was in sharp pain. My body was all tensed & curled up, I couldn't even lay flat.
Prof actually massaged my tights & legs before he started ET, asking me to loosen myself.. wahaha i so lucky right :p

I think my ET was difficult cos my bladder was in sharp pain. My body was all tensed & curled up, I couldn't even lay flat.
Prof actually massaged my tights & legs before he started ET, asking me to loosen myself.. wahaha i so lucky right :p
wahhhhh

My ET was also a torture! My bladder was so full that it was painful and I was yelping away in the OT! So embarrassing! I went to pee immediately after reaching my room too.

@remembeRainbow are you still having the progesterone jab 2x a week? It's so so painful!!! I can still feel my Wed's jab and it's Sunday liao!

My ET was also a torture! My bladder was so full that it was painful and I was yelping away in the OT! So embarrassing! I went to pee immediately after reaching my room too.

@remembeRainbow are you still having the progesterone jab 2x a week? It's so so painful!!! I can still feel my Wed's jab and it's Sunday liao!
Yup I'm 8w+...
Jabbing twice a week dosage 500... Nurse told me I'm getting max dosage. I suspect it's cos I was spotting till 6w.
I'm used to the pain liao... Keep telling myself it's nothing compared to labour!!
What's your dosage?

Hi ladies, I was told to stop crinone gel & folic acid by doctor Anu.

I have 17 crinone gel and some folic acid left.
As the cost of the crinone gel is high,
It's tough to Given as free.. I hope to sell these gels cheaper to get some money back instead of throwing it away.

These crinone gels are dispensed by CHR in feb 2015. I bought at $12 each.

I'm willing to sell at $160. For all 17 crinone gel & folic acid.
Receipt will be presented as evidence for purchase.

Please PM me if u r interested.

You are so lucky. I think i will more tense if he massage for me....thanks for sharing, this is well noted

Hi ladies,

May I know what are the prices of natural FET and mediated FET before the subsidy? Thanks.

The CHR staff who picked up my call did not have the info.

I cannot do fresh transfer due to OHSS risk. o_O

U dun hv any grants and medisave left to use?

Yeah there are still remaining grants and medisave to use. I am aware that I will get 1.2K subsidy from government for 3 FETs and can use medisave capped at 15K.

I only did one fresh cycle and couldn't do any fresh transfer due to OHSS. So now I'm very sian and impatient waiting for my first ET in June haha, and can't focus well at work :D Hope my bosses don't kill me.

I am a gancheong spider. TTC is such a long long journey that tests our mental strength, physical strength and financial strength.

Last edited:
Yeah there are still remaining grants and medisave to use. I am aware that I will get 1.2K subsidy from government for 3 FETs and can use medisave capped at 15K.

I only did one fresh cycle and couldn't do any fresh transfer due to OHSS. So now I'm very sian and impatient waiting for my first ET in June haha, and can't focus well at work :D Hope my bosses don't kill me.

Icic so u opting for medicated? The fee I mention is for medicated wor.

Icic so u opting for medicated? The fee I mention is for medicated wor.

Oic. Thanks for the useful info. :) I am opting for natural FET first and staying away from medications because my body is very responsive to the hormones. Even the "supposingly mild" NE gave me quite jialat side effects.

Yup I'm 8w+...
Jabbing twice a week dosage 500... Nurse told me I'm getting max dosage. I suspect it's cos I was spotting till 6w.
I'm used to the pain liao... Keep telling myself it's nothing compared to labour!!
What's your dosage?
I don't know my dosage leh! Lol! Super blur! Must go and check. Also dun know how many weeks I am cos this ivf cycle v confusing. Is the calculation same as normal pregnancy where they start from the first day of last menses? I doing my scan this Friday, hopefully less blur after that!

Oic. Thanks for the useful info. :) I am opting for natural FET first and staying away from medications because my body is very responsive to the hormones. Even the "supposingly mild" NE gave me quite jialat side effects.
What effects? I also worry wor Im sensitive to meds type

What effects? I also worry wor Im sensitive to meds type

I am one of the odd cases, so don't let my case frighten you. You may be the lucky ones with 0 side effect.

Migraine, stomach pain for 4 hours, nauseousness, dizziness, heart beats go faster, super agitated (wanna scold and bash colleagues at work haha), hot flashes, bloatedness, forgetfulness ...

So I would advice you and other ladies to plan IVF cycle around off-peak period at work if possible. Do you feel any effects from the NE? I felt side effects from even the NE. Good luck for your fresh cycle!

Last edited:

I am a gancheong spider. TTC is such a long long journey that tests our mental strength, physical strength and financial strength.
Day_dreaming, i hear you. My first cycle was FET too due to OHSS. Totally understand how you feel. But sometime think about it, we just have to wait patiently and its a blessing for me as i still having flu after ER. Ultimately we all want to conceive with healthy baby, instead of complication.
I can't agree more on the mental, physical and financial strength. All of us are in the battle, lets be strong and fighting. Jia you jia you

Back