Premature babies support group

My little Labelle fail her hearing test again yester. N seeing cardiologist today. Hoping her heart no more swelling.
Yes we must be strong our preemies r fighter
happy.gif

Hi Jacelyn,

Our premmies r really born a fighter.. They hav different set of prob but we all fight thru and I believe little Labelle will too..

Although I m not clear abt ASD but I think I came across somewhere or someone saying it will close by itself as the bb grow up.. As for cleft palate, my hubby's ex classmate also born with it but after some cosmetic surgery, the result is excellent. So dun worry so much, the technology and skill r so much better than before so u jus need to stay strong for ur gal and jiayou!!!

And where r all the lao jiao? all MIA ah? lolz..

Anyway happy dong zhi day today!! May all our premmie grow up to be strong, healthy and happy always!!

Hi Alicia
Thanks.. Just brought Bb to see the cleft surgeon n found out that Bb got dunno wad th... Spine AD
sad.gif
Also dunno wad that? Seem like bone abnormal.. quite sad
sad.gif
my little darlin y like that. I'm losing faith ...

jacelyn, my boy has hole in heart too. he has moderate vsd.thru surgery to patch up the hole, he is like any others.

He was borned premature at 27 weeks. My younger is born premature at 34 weeks like ur gal.

Have faith. dun lose faith. jia you!!!

Jacelyn... Jiayou and encourage your child to be well. I have my share of worst times where i thought there is no hope. But the otherwise is true. He is stronger than i think. Labelle is going to be well ok take care

Hi all mummies/daddies,
Long time no catch up!!! Hope everyone and everyone's preemies doing great!
Just to recap on my babies, cos sooo many posts now that i am kinda lost. Gave birth 25.5weeks for boy-girl twin at KK. Boy has lungs issues and Girl has PDA and hernia op. Corrected Age 3.5mths! YIPEE....

Ethan and Emma was discharged early Oct 2010 and now good so far at home. Other than Ethan being in KK again cos he caught a flu and cos his breathing to deteriorate. So in KK for O2 support. But all good now. Emma caught the flu bug now, but her lungs not as bad.

I have some preemie clothes, where do all of you give your used preemie clothes to? To kk Special Care? or to friends....or anyone is keen?

Dear all,

I just gave birth to my twin girls on 20 Dec at 26 week. One twin is 800g while other in 510 g. I am v depressed this Christmas. It suppose to be a happy occassion. But I am v worried about my twins. Every day, I pray that both babies will fight n win the battle.

As the twin needs breast milk when they are well enough to take, I have been v stressed extracting milk. Both my mother n MIL are sick so they can't take care of me who is recovering from C section. My hubby is running to n fro home n company to take care of me.

I long to touch the babies. To hold them in my arms. I also hope that they will b healthy. Please pray for me.

Hi kkf n mrs yap
Thanks for the encouragement.. It's gng to be a tough journey, n i really hope Bb no more prob. I'm afraid I cannot take it anymore.
6jan Bb gng op to repair her cleft, I Noe she's a strong gal n will definitely recover soon. Now I just hope her bones development is alright.
Gracenfaith u must also be strong.. It's tough but no matter wad we must be strong for Bb
happy.gif

Kkf can ask u, Ur son went for the heart op at wad age? Izit a minor or major op? Can dun do the op?? Last last week my Bb see the cardiologist I not able to apply leave so is my mil bring Bb de. N r the fees expensive for the op??

Jacelyn-- Thanks for your encouragement. I am feeling v miserable now. My colleague just gave birth n receiving all the congratulations.

For me, I only share with relative n a few close friends about my situations. I am pumping milk regularly but breast get so engored n painful. I am also v worried about my younger baby who is having high jaudine now.

This journey is so difficult for me. Wonder how did all of u manage to go through it.

Gracenfaith, I guess all mommies went thru the same difficult journey. But all mommies here r v v strong n positive n I'm learning too~~
happy.gif

Ur little bb is a strong fighter, she'll be fine. U cannot keep worrying, u doing confinement now so must take care of urself btw where r ur Bb? My Bb gng to admit on 5 Jan for her op at kkh Mebi can go take a peep at ur little darlin if they r there ;)

Hi Gracefaith,
Dun despair...just take a step at a time. Tat was what we did. A day at a time....hope you are feeling better now emotionally and from the C-section. My twin boy-girl born 25.5weeks, 720g each and now home with me. The journey in NICU was tough but we tried our best. You need to know that the babies are fighting hard too!

I ordered confinement catering cos was so upset and crying all the time. So decide to cater and that helps in the logistics of back and forth hospital.

Take care!

Jacelyn-- My 2 girls are still in KK NICU. They do not allow visitors except for parents n grandparents. Thanks for encourgament
happy.gif
U take care too. We will jia you together.

Keann-- How long dis your babies stay in NICU? How old are they now? I watch teh video that my hubby recorded. So far only see them twice since last week. Hubby said I still too weak to go hospital to viist them. May be a few more days.

I really hope that babies will be good fighters and win this battle. Thanks for assurance.

Hi all, I just gave birth to Baby Alexis at 31 weeks on Xmas eve due to severe bleeding from Placenta Previa Major, being bedridden for weeks in TMC. Though I am now feeling much better being able to be up n about again, but I feel sad that my baby is left behind in the TMC NICU probably for another month.

Being a pte hospital, the bills is going to be ginormous. Estimated $1-2k per day? Though i know our priority is my gal's heath, i dread to see the final bill.

She seems doing well in NICU, the oxygen support had reduced from Day 1 at 50% to 25% yesterday. I can't wait to see her later. I've been expressing milk diligently every 3 hourly, really hope she would be able to feed soon as she's still on drip now.

My hubby had been very supportive and positive, being with me every step of the way. I do hope things would regularise soon....

Dear pootz,

I am also extracting milk every 3 hourly and v exhausted. I have to ensure enough milk to my twins. I am also worried about the bill. On ebaby has to stay at least 3 months while the other at least 6 months. My hubby n I are of average income. I plan to just take 2 month maternity leave first to rest n the other 2 months when my first baby is discharged. Then may be no pay leave.

Your baby will do well. I read as long as it is more than 30 weeks, it is quite safe. For mine, it is only 26 weeks. I am feeling quite down.Take care.

Hey pootz n Gracenfaith
I think dun worry abt the hospital bill first. Now most impt is rest well so can take care of Bb.
Pootz, I was hospitalized at Tmc for 2 weeks also becos of preterm contraction then I go hm 2 weeks bed rest then Bb come out at 34 weeks ..
But my Bb in NICu for 1day nia.. then becos bilirubin level high so under light for 2 days.
We must all jiayou tgt ;)

jacelyn, my boy went for operation at 1 year old. i don't think the hospital bills is a lot as i dun remember paying much, mostly using medisave.

it is a major operation, he stayed in children icu for about a week.the doctor is in better position to advise you whether surgery is a must. My boy's hole is in a position whereby it is not possible to patch up on its own, so surgery is a must.

hope your bb doesn't need to go thru that.

gracefaith, and pootz, jiayou!hope your babies will be back home soon.

Jacelyn - I was also in TMC for 13 days, ventolin drip most of the time. Already the bill came up to $15k, inclusive of the c-sec delivery. I got a temp bill for the past few days, BB NICU charges already clocked up $5k. Chammm... Your bb out in only 1 day, so good! Is he in Special Care?

Pootz: I was at TMC for 2weeks on ventolin n potassium trip.
I was in n out of the observation ward also for the CTG test :/ (now tink of it really scary) yup my Bb in NICU for 1 Day. Bb gal.
I also c-sect becos Bb was breech. My total bill include c-sect abt $20k.. I forgot cash pay how much alrdy..

the average bill for TMC seems to be around high $1.5K per day. How much is KK?
sad.gif
But i guess we'll have to stay put rite?

Gracefaith: my twins stayed in nicu n special care nursery for almost 120 days. My girl has PDA ligation n hernia op,but boy no op except his lungs are weak. Do have faith, ur twins are fighters.I cannot rem how I survived,but just pumping milk n praying hard!
My bills came up to abt 80k after govt sub cos twins are in class C..bill was close to 240k in total for the whole stay. Kkh allows taking medisave from immediate family or can pay installments. Also avail are govt sub which must qualify, this needs to speak with social worker.
I have a gf who is high risk pregnancy, she prefers to deliver at pte hospital but told her to see doc at kkh too..so see 2 docs,just in case she has prematurity,can check in to KK immediately.
I bought Essential Guide to premature babies by Dana wechsler..this is a great book tat got us thru all the tough medical terms n wat to expect when doc tells us babies condition.

Jia you to all premmies n preemies papa mama!

Hi Gracenfaith & pootz,

All of us have gone through different challenges with our little warriors. Never ask why we are in such difficult moment where other parents are celebrating their new birth.

I had gone through that moment of darkness when my wife and girl are both in ICU. You feel that the whole are coming down on you. You ask yourself what have you done to deserve this.

I was only in 2 days of darkness. I quickly snap myself out of this dark thoughts. I chose to be the pillar of the house. I chose to be the main strength of the house. If I collapse, my family will fall. I must not fail.

If this is a journey into the valley of the unknown, let me be their guiding light. We must fight brave and fight strong. We must fight every moment without any regrets.

Remember, cast out all your dark thoughts. Remember, the moment when you step into NICU, you are a warrior. You speak only words of life to your little warrior. You encourage them to fight strong and brave. Praise them for their little success and encourage them if they meet a small challenge.

My princess had spend 135 days in the hospital. Born at 590 gram when a fracture right thigh bone. Had a emergency ops at day 11 and a lung collapse at day 45. Coming to 2 year old, although very small in size, she is my pocket Hercules warrior. Although she has multiple scaring on her body, not perfect but I am very proud to have such a brave warrior. She will always be my beautiful princess.

Remember, our warriors will feel our emotion. Remember, only speak the words of life. Remember, fight strong & fight brave.

Dear keann n david,

Thank you for your encouragment. I m copin better now.

I am physically weak all along. Having Thalassamia may b the cause. I m so exhausted from extractin milk daily that I have no energy to do anything includin goin to hospital to see my girls. I feel bad as a mother for not spendin time with them. But I m so drained daily. I never feel so tired before.

Yes, I have proud of my 2 girls. They are fighting hard each day to deal with the complications. Sometimes, I think to myself that whatever things that they go through now is more challengin than what I am having.

I have tried to think positive thoughts. I think babies can feel the positive energy. I have just resume praying few days back. For a moment, I feel that God has deserted me. But now I know I m wrong. God will help me, hubby n babies to go through these. I just pray that both babies will be discharged soon n will not have any further complications upon discharge.

Thanks once again for your encouragment. It really makes this journey more bearable.

BTW, where can I get the book Essential Guide to premature babies ?

Hi gracenfaith,

I was in a similar situation as you a year back. I gave birth to my twin girls at 30 weeks weighing 870 g and 1490 g. They are discharged end Jan 2010 and end Feb 2010. I spent my christmas and New Year without them. I was like you, feeling very down, stressed and depressed, often crying when i was in the room alone expressing milk.

However,a year later now, they are bubbly and healthy babies! What i want to tell you is to stay positive and take one day at a time. Don't worry unnecessary ( which i did and on hindsight i shouldn't). Take more photos of them too (on hindsight again, i should have taken more photos of them when they were in KK - i was so down that i didnt take much photos as i feel there is no occasion for celebration and why would i want to snap them not looking like "babies").

Be strong for them and stay positive k. I truly appreciate the word "warrior" looking at them now and how much they have gone through.

hey Grace,

You could get it in Library. Tried the online search of national library, and reserve the books. There are a few good books, search "prematured babies, NICU, premmies, etc", u will find them.

I've been reading your posts, all the best for your babies! will pray for you and your family!

Dear VirgoAries,

Thanks so much for assurance. It is comfort to know that someone has gone through similar trying experience n have managed to get such positive outcome. Most of the time, I am alone at home. Hubby running to n fro from work to bring me confinement food n boiled soup for me. He is also so exhausted.

Now, I am quite concerned about my supply of breast mailk. Nurse said need to increase in supply. Have been so drained. Even at night also dreamed of extracting milk
happy.gif

Hubby has been taking mostly videos and some photos of them. I feel sad whenever I visit them at NICU, seeing them engulfed with tubes. I am also too tired to visit them often. Perhaps will do so more often after my confinement.

Dear Jas,

Thanks for the link. I will get my hubby to borrow the books for me. Yes, prayers are important n powerful. Many of people around me are praying for babies n I. I m so touched. Thanks.

Hi David,
WELL SAID well said!

Gracefaith, dun worry. But i know it's hard to say dun worry. i was mostly affected in the first 2 months, afterwhich, i just told myself not to live in depression and tears all the time. I just pump pump pump milk all the time and drink lots of soup. This is a great time to rest...REALLY! and go enjoy what you like to do, cos wait until the twins are back, there's no more time and no more good sleep! Like now, writing a post at 530am after their feeds! I bought the Essential Guide from Kinokuniya cos thought i will keep a copy..down the years, will show it to the twins!

All the mummies i met, every1 complained got supply issues. For my elder kid, i had supply probs, but for twins, i just pump pump pump pump pump. Low supply also pump. I think it's all in the mind. Just pump more frequently. But wat worked for me is really drinking lots, lots lots of soup, especially the fish papaya soup! I drink like 2 bowls during lunch, 1 bowl during tea time and 2 bowls during dinner! Whether that helped boost supply, i don't really know. But i think most importantly, need to have lots of fluid.

I did stopped drinking soups when the twins are back home, just didn't have time to do anything anymore. But these couple of days, just got back into boiling soups again ESPECIALLY after i knew of where to get chinese herbs CHEAPLY! I was told of the chinese herbs wholesaler at the waterloo st area, think i am probably the only one who doesn't know of this! I went down yesterday and got LOADS of chinese herbs at a fraction of price that i would have paid at my neighbourhood chinese medicine shops. Just had Ren Shen Dun Ji tang, SHIOK!

Bought a nice chinese soup recipe book from popular, tomorrow going to make this Good Complexion Soup! Hope it will taste good and make me look good. He he!

Jia you to all premmie mummies/daddies!

keann,

Thanks for taking the time to encourage me despite being so busy.

I am so exhausted after each pumping but is getting mure used to it now. Don't think I can rest well. Haha, how to go n do think I want when every day my life is around what time to pump milk, enough milk or not, aiyo now new problem like leakage
happy.gif

Wow, drinking so much soup every day. I just drank one a day n cannot tahan it
happy.gif
I not herbal soup person. Will try to drin more. I am drinking hot red dates n milo for fluid intake. Any other recommendations? Geeting a bit scared drinking that. Nurses at NICU also said these drinks are quite heaty.

I met the lactation nurse at NICU yesterday. She told me not to wake up in the middle of the night just to pump so that I can sufficient rest. As such after my last pumping at 12 midnight, I only wake up at 6 am to pump. Then every 3 hourly. I am afraid this will effect my supply though I treasure the undisturbed sleepin time. How about u?

How old are u twins now? You have maid to help u?

Alicia,

Am i consider Lao Jiao?? Hahaha I'm back..silently reading and everytime i wanna post something, i'm caught up with work.

COngrats to all new mummies with their New Fighters!

Jacelyn,

Be strong for Labelle...I'm sure you both will fight through this with God's Grace. Will keep in prayers for you.

gracenfaith,

Don't be depressed, give all you can for the BM, don't stress yourselves, your twins will be well taken care of. The neonat care is superb now.
Jaundice is also normal for premmies to get, mine has to be under 2 high-freq machines to keep it down when in NICU.
Will keep in prayers for you too.

pootz,

I heard you can try and ask for discount should the bill shoot too high, or some installment plans with TMC.
As yours is a special condition, don't let the $$$ worry you too much first, i'm sure that can work out with.
Now is to stay positive and strong for your baby.

David,

You are the best... still remember the times when you come into this thread and start asking/sharing with us.
You are the great advisor now... Hope your encoraging words will help more mummies here.! We all "Ang Moh" not good wor, sometimes really can't write well enough!

Everyone,

Jerlynn is 2 years old actual age now! Time flies... I almost forgot how to tell people her corrected age etc (She is borned 29weeks 1.355kg), so I shall forget about it now and tell people she is 2!
Super Big 2...Terrible Big 2 Stage! Hahaha very very stubborn and absolutely fun when we are as stubborn as her and when me and hubby don't give in. SHe will start Whining and whining and Loh Soh all the way...Persistent!

Also forgot how difficult times she gave us when she was borned, all the conditions etc etc... i somewhat can't remember even if I want a story to tell or encourage anyone.
So all i wanna say to all new premmies' mummies, stay on, be strong and soon you will overcome it, and will see our premmie grow up well...

4966727.jpg

BTW guys, Adeline aka xiaowanzi has given birth to another baby boy! Congrats to her!!!
Our little Lucas has a baby Bro now! Borned at 3.2kg! Not premature loh! So hopes for us all again!

gingal,

Your girl looks so sweet
happy.gif
Wow, 29 weeks at 1.355kg, she was good weight.

Yeah, prayer prayer. I am v blessed that I have so many people n even people that I have not met offerin to pray for babeis n I. Thanks!

gracenfaith - i hear you about the milk supply problem! After a week, I'm only pumping around 60-90ml per session. I really kowtow to those with full term babies, how can they satisfy them?

I just face the fact that everything is in the dr's hands now. All I can do is to stay positive and pump pump pump enough BM for my daughter. I pump every 3 hourly, day AND nite. Due to the leakage problem, sometimes I pump 2 hourly! This is the only thing I can do for my gal now, so I'm going to endure the sore boobs!! Drinking a hot beverage before pumping helps as well. So if you're not a herbal soup person, try replenishing your liquid with hot longan red date water/milo etc. All the best!!!

Hey gingal,

GOod to see you back, it's been a long time! Jerlynn is so big nowwww, wow, time really flies!

Hey everyone,

sorry i always posted sth, and when someone replied, i would disappear for a while...2010 is definitely not a very good year for me, but still better than 2009, hehe...hopefully 2011 will be a good year!

As i last updated, Xavier is suspected to have Hirchsprung's disease http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hirschsprungs_ez/#6 , (it's probably the reason for his stubborn constipation). His first test results turned out to be very vague, very suspicious but not confirmed, and after consulting doctors in SG (i sent xray images thru emails), and in Shanghai, 2 recommended a biopsy suction and 1 recommneded us to go with MRI, and a Manometry test. I took up the later suggestion, since biopsy suction is a very painful procedure..

Yet, I really dunno know whether i m making the right decision. I am not sure if i can trust the doctors in Shanghai. My MIL is very skeptical of all doctors in SHanghai (despite her a Shanghainese, and a ex doctor some more...). I am not just facing Xavier's condition, but also got to fight her objections of doing the tests (she hates the idea of Xavier using tranquilizer, and she thinks all doctors here like to do a lot of tests to earn money). I want to go back to SG, but it's not as easy as before since i no longer have a house to stay there, and i dont want to trouble my brother again..

Been feeling very down.. I always thought Xavier could "live happily ever after" since he suffered so much during the NICU stay. I also thought i could stop doing research about medical stuff as there is no need to. But too bad...sigh..We just did MRI today, and was supposed to do manometry test following the MRI, yet Xavier suddenly woke up (the tranquilizer wore off), and we couldnt proceed.. got to postpone it to next week. It's really frustrating because there are a lot of pre-test preparation work, and Shanghai is very cold, 0-10c...

A lot of venting...sorry..TO the newcomers, i guess my story is not encouraging... Well, but i m trying my best to be strong for my boy. He is going to be 2 very soon! Unlike Gingal, I cant bear the "corrected age", as he is so petite...He is only 10kg now, and finally took his first step last month..a bit slow, but we are very happy! (he was borned @25 weeks, 650g)

okay..i m going to stop complaining. I believe in God, and God has his plans for everyone, everything is in His hands. So, please help me to pray
happy.gif

i attached a latest pic of Xavier here.
4974431.jpg

Gracenfaith,

Regarding your midnight pump...for me, I maintained 4 hourly pump for 1 and half month, and after the supply is very stable, i switched to sleeping 7 hours straight at night, and only pumped in the morning (i got twice as much milk for this session). You could try after you stablize the supply.

By the way, i never drank all those soup when i was breastfeeding as one lactation nurse actually told me that it's "heaty" for the babies(i actually trusted completely, and didnt even do confinement...hmm...) Anyway, you could try milk maid tea (thanks to David who gave it to me for free), and domperidone (it's a medicine which side effects is to produce more lactative hormones? cant remember what..u could ask the doctor. It's not well believed, but i tried it, it was useful).

Lastly, dont stress yourself too much. Just do your best.

Hi everyone,

Happy new year!

<font color="119911">pootz</font>,

your bm considered quite gd liao esp after a wk. I only established my bm after 2mth. my bm is miserable. can only pump 20-40ml per pump for first mth.
cheers...keep it up!

<font color="aa00aa">gingal/Jas</font>,
Hi! time flies, our premmies are turning 2 soon.....now become a stubbon, active, talkative etc toddler....

Hi Jas,

Xavier is blessed to have such a wonderful mum like you. His heavenly brother will protect him well. He will triumph every challenges as he always do. I will keep him in my prayer. BTW, I was in Shanghai, Qingpu in Dec. Managed to see the first snow on Wednesday. Freezing.

Danya just recover from cold 2 weeks ago. We do not want to monitor her weight anymore. Our Neonate Doc also gave up. Only 7.4kg coming to 2 year only. She fear swallowing solid food. Just need more time and more patience to encourage her. Her recent pic.

4975334.jpg
4975335.jpg

gracenfaith,

Yup, her weight is ok for her gestational age at that time, i had gestional diabetics so she is on the big side.
My Gynae initially wanna schedule C-Section early for me maybe @38 weeks, as he had predicted she will be big w/a big head and will not go through the natural path well.
who knows, turned out premature at 29 weeks. Hahahahaha

pootz,

60-90ml on the 2nd week is good supply wor.
Keep it up, drink lots fluid, do more massages on the boobs..
happy.gif

Try using a Hot compression before u pump, will do the work well too...

Jas,

Yes, i'm back.
I can't bear to lose contact with my companions here for too long.
Sad to hear that of Xavier, i'm skeptical of doctors in China too, come back if you can, to consult doctors here...
I'm reading abt the HD in your link...hope he is not getting it...will pray for little Xavier too...

Xavier is a big boy now, and he sure looks good.
Jerlynn also 10kg only wor... petite too...keke, hope the two can meet again very soon...

Shanghai is really cold at this time, did it just snowed too? I heard from my friend it did near Christmas...Take care wor...

Milking : I still remembered you had an Over-supply last time..
happy.gif

afcai,

Super stubborn indeed... and so hyper, it's draining me energy...
talking also very bad, keeps repeating what we are saying, even bad words like "eat shit", keeps repeating and laughing whenever she said that!!! ... lolx
She's also calling us by our names when we ignored her... she calls her grandmas and grandpas by their names too, when she is demanding something....
Very Bad... Hahahahahahaha... we only taught her our names once and she remembered who is who...
Can only blame ourselves... we initially thought it was one-time fun only, but turned out she's using these again and again... lolx

BTW, we sent her to lessons at Little Neuro Tree nka Neuro Star, she made tremendous improvements in memory power and learning. Anyone of you sent them to lessons yet?

David,

hahaha u met the SNOW i was talking about...
Aiyoh, look at Danya... she's looking good now...
everytime i'm at City Square Mall, i hope a chance to bump into her...
happy.gif

If you recognise me, do call out for me ok?
happy.gif

iPhone/iPad/Xbox/wii/PSP/ cameras, she can name all of them now and operates them like a pro, but she doesn't know how to count 1-10 or complete the 26 alphabets...and she doesnt like her books, she has no patience for me to complete reading one short story...
sad.gif

she is a Tech Freak like her Dad...hahahaha
But it's not doing her any good, her eyes gets so tired by end of the day, that she will blink non-stop...
we are trying to lessen her playing time with these gadgets now...
Blame who again? Ourselves!

dear all,

I am quite depressed and tried. My milk supply is only around 40 to 50 per pump. Really low. n need to provide for twins. I pump every 3 hours or 2 hourly. Drink fish bone papaya soup, chicken feet peanut soup n milo n red dates soup. Take fenugreen n domperidone. But still low supply coming nearly 3 weeks. What can I do? I can't take vanilla milk. Will immediately vomit once I take.

I am so sad. Told myself not to b too stressed but I m worried about the babies having not enough milk. I really do not know what's wrong with me. Lactation nurse at NICU told me to relax n don't wake up at nite to pump. But my breast was engorged in the mid nite n I just woke up to extract.

I feel so lousy so a mother for not providing enough milk.

my twin girl keeps having cough. Seen dr at KK, but they dun recommend cough medicine at her age (corrected age 4mths), just let it be. Phlemy and cough sounds sooo bad! Went to a PD near my house and they prescribed Rhinatol, some cough syrup. But still no help.
Any remedy from any preemies parents??

gracenfaith,

stress and not enough rest will also be a factor for decrease or low supply of milk. Have plenty rest and try not to wake for the night pump. u can stretch 6 hours to rest is good, and keep to every 3 hourly for the rest of the day. If engorged, try to do some massages to clear the lumps and do hot water compress before start of pump. Im sure relax and rest well will help.

With every pump, try to clear till busts are empty, this will psycho the mind to think that bb is not having enough milk and will produce more. Also try to drink a warm cup of Longan REd Date Tea or warm glass of water 5 mins before and after pumping. Hope it works for u!

keann,
Not safe to feed more medicine for baby wor, since so young still. I remember my doctor also gave Rhinatol (glass bottled right?) but it doesnt work. We gave her Rhiniramine (spell err?)and it's better. But it was said to be for flu, but it works for her slight cough. My doctor says its a NONO for cough mixture and Antibiotics for babies, so they only can prescribe these.
I also gave her small amounts of "pearl powder mixed with "Pao Shen"", check with chinese medical halls, they will advise you.

Dear all,

Need your advice. I am currentlyusing Avent dual pump. My milk supply is still low n gettin lesser than yesterday
sad.gif
My friend recommended Medela PIS. Is it that good? FOrum is selling $380 plus from US n with adaptor will b around $420.

Due to the high medcial bill n I am going to take no pay leave for a few months, I want to cut down on unnessary expenses.

Afcai-- How do u manage to increase your extraction after a month?

Hi Gingal,

Yap, I met the 1st snow of the year in Shanghai. Accordingly to my colleague, this is good luck. If I do see you in City Square Mall, I will shout out loud for "Gingal Mummy". Ha Ha. Danya is also the same, not on IPHONE but my laptop watching "Gummibear" on Youtube.

Hi Gracenfaith,

Don't stressed yourself to much. I use to tell my wife to think about our princess when she was expressing. It did help. Like what Gingal said, you must keep your body strong, eat &amp; drink well and remember to rest well. Remember, you and your little ones are all warriors. You are all strong and mighty. You and your little warriors will have the final triumph in time to come.

Hi Keann,

No medical is recommended for baby before 1 year old if they do have cold. Mucus is development at the back of nasal and will flow down into their throat which trigger them to cough or accumulate. You can use Iliadin to dry up the mucus. To thin up the Phlegm , ask the PD to prescribe Fluimucil. Fluimucil will thin the Phlegm but has a side effect of triggering them to vomit out.

<font color="aa00aa">David</font>,
squeezing Danya into the box? dun worry abt the weight. as long as she eat/play/sleep well and happy can liao right?

<font color="aa00aa">gingal</font>,
hmm...so u delivered J by c sect or normal delivery?

<font color="119911">gracefaith</font>,
heard that Medela PIS is super gd. my friend is using it. for me, last time, I use medela dual electric pump, still not bad. I dun like avent dual pump, to me I find that it 's too slow. no offence saying that.

for me, I continue pumping every 3hr despite of low supply and tiredness.drinking lots of fluid and consuming fish soup almost every meal. dunno why second delivery, low supply of milk. it might be bec I can't direct latch on after delivery as bb is premature and also did not pump after delivery as I was too weak and tired.

I also brought mother milk tea to try and it work.

Dear all,

My twin girls have chronic lung disease. Doctor said need to give steriod which have the side effects of brain damage or celebral parlsey. Doctor said no choice but must give. They are in the ventilator for too long. The steriod will not solve the chronic lung disease but will only help to get them to breathe on their own.

Hubby n I are so worried. I cried almost the whole nite.

Any one have similar experience to share?

keann, my boy was also coughing quite badly - had croup and bronchalitis. We went to Dr. Lim Meng Choo. Its Kids' Clinic at Bishan. She is a very good PD. Knowing that my boy is a premmie, she gave medications which are not too strong. It took a while for my boy to recover but necessary because it is not advisable to give strong medication. She frowns on anti-biotics for young babies and I appreciate her suggestion for longer treatment but lesser side effects.

Hi Afcai mum,

That is Danya's favorite corner. Try to get her out, she will yell and scream. My princess is getting very fierce.

Hi Gracenfaith,

After 30 days relying on ventilator, Doc will consider babies having CLD. My princess had CLD and also a lung collapse episode before Doc give her steroid. It help. Steriod treatment last for 5 days. She is able to breath with CPAP after the treatment. Even till today, 30% of her right lung are having bad scaring from CLD &amp; lung collapse. A baby lungs has 7 years to further development. By age of 7, their lungs are as mature as an adult lungs.

Trust me, all Doc will only tell you all the negative consequences. Doc will never tell you any positive words. Whatever Doc tell me, I will only take it with a pinch of salt. Remember, only with a strong mind, you &amp; your warriors shall have the final triumph. Have faith.

Dear David,

Thanks for sharing. It is comforting to know that by age 7, their lungs can be well developed. At least I am not that worried.

My two girls are only 19 days old tiday. They are supposed to have the steriod tomorrow as it is week 3. Complications lesser when it is week 3. But I don't know why it was given today. Did not manage to see the doctor.

When I saw my younger girl, she seemed to be in pain. I feel so sad looking at her. We got a priest to see them today and they are baptised
happy.gif
I believe that Lord will b with them. Hope they will be able to breathe on CPAP after the treatment.

Yeah, u are right. Doctors will tell all the negative consequences. I should learn from u not to dwell too much over it.

Thank you.

Back