Premature babies support group

hi kkf
oh yes, i saw your posting in the WTS forum. actually, thinking it openly, not bad mah, your ger can learn how to sell and trade for things. its a way to earn a living.

Relax and try to cheer up okie
happy.gif
, like mimeole suggest you can try goggle and check on pregnancy and sleeping issue. maybe can find some help

hi daec
don't be over stress too
happy.gif
take care ah

kkf,
Ok lah, preggie women needs lots lots of retail therapy, me not pregnant but thot of gtg a bag (my gf gg to Europe) at hb's expenses but think better give up the idea
sad.gif
economy gtg bad
sad.gif
already rejected my aunt's offer to help me get Coach stuff, she is going to the Big Apple
happy.gif

Jane Jane,
Tell you something, D&D is so into cakes (like mommy), was sort of happy cause hopefully there will be someone to finish up my cake should I bake
happy.gif
does Siang Siang like cakes ?

hi didi
happy.gif

haha oh yes, siang love cakes. absolutely so haha. you can bake? cool! actually, boys love sweet stuff too. siang like biscuits and treats hehe

yeah now economy going down. me trying to cut some expenses too. but its like don't know which area to focus on :p

my yilin will be able to go home pretty soon according to the doctor. now i m preparing her stuff . as most of u know, my milk supply is not enough to feed her. can u all recommend a formula tat is suitable for preemie?

morning, mummies,
so long din post here..was busy wif son's exams and mine too...

yan,
is yilin underweight?last time, they recommended Similac Neosure for me...

yan, if her weight is good, i think the hospital wont have any problem with any formula, but like what costa said, neosure is usually the formula for underweight premies.

bryan went home on pure breastmilk so they din recommend any formulas. but there were additives like MCT oil, vitamin and iron drops to help gain weight and boost health. when i gave up bf, he was already 6 months so i put him on friso. The dietician then recommended to add calorie powder, MCT oil etc, cos his weight still at the lowest percentage!

jane, didi
bryan likes cake too! we gave him a teeny bit of his own birthday cake to try and he loved it!

costa
jia you there!

kkf
not pregnant also into retail therapy mahhhh... hahaha.. i've been splurging at ntuc ever since downstairs open one.. one month spent nearly 300+ on rubbish, excluding the daily meals we eat hor!!! and not to mention xmas is coming pretty soon!!! lots and lots of online BUYING!!!
how is darling bb today? is she an active one always kicking?! i miss those days when both inside kicking and turning..

yan,
maybe you ask the doctor/nurse wat milk powder they recommend?

sm coldstorage/ntuc have but not tt common..u can get fm the kkh pharmacy...maybe can try the bigger ntuc..

my son was on this milk powder for sm time till he reached a bigger age and i let him try lotsa other brands..haha...

neosure is specially formulated for low birth wt bbs and prems but if yilin is not underweight..better to check wif the doctors

oh i c.. ok, will ask when i go there later today. thanks.

i wish to latch her on, but like tat i won´t know how much fm to make after she suckle, how? i know for sure gotta top up with fm if i latch on.

when she is full she will retreat from the breast in a happy mood, but if still hungry, she will still cry or cranky. so assuming that you can pump 50ml each time (and she finishes it all) , but if she actually needs maybe 80ml, you can top up about 30-50ml fm? let her try and see how much is left..

daec, why ur hb wana stick to the same gyane? so strange... so how is new gyane so far? how are his charges?...yes, must drama abit during pregnancy... :p

jane, i din know got skin allergy test for skin allergies..ehehehe... supposedly if u eat alot of high sugar thing, u will feel high at first then after digest (something like that) the suger, then ur body will feel low/crash ... so maybe that explains ur low energy level... but me also canot help it..i eat alot of sweet biscuits too..now too heaty :p

dm..eehe..me also allergic to work..been having headaches and now so restless...everyday look forward to weekend...now also abit apprehensive in changing job cos of the economy... when retrenchment comes they will most prob retrench those that joined recently..sighh...

didi, totally agreed that men got selective memory...

jacelyn, *wave*..how r the kids???

kkf, i think hor.. everyday u must post at least one.. even a 'i am here' is ok..just let us know that u r ok... else all of us worry....

Yan, good that yilin is coming back soon! do start preparing the beds (air the mattress etc)! Supposedly if u 100% latch on ur ss will match her dd within a few days... but i never try that..waht i did is after i latch on .. dont feed her fm... let her wait (maybe 1/2 - 1.5 hr..depending) till she cry for milk again then i feed her her full-amt FM.... but duno if that is the reason why my gal's apetite is still so small and why she is still waking up at night...

xbliss and didi
haha..seem like our boys likes cakes hehe :p

yan
congratulations that yilin is going home soon
happy.gif
. then she would be around her actuall EDD ah, same as siang ah.

home must be all excited for yin lin
happy.gif

When siang came home on Nov 06, he was on both BM and Neosure for a while. I mix both :p. and like bryan, the dietician give us calorie powder, MCT oil etc to be added into siang milk. but siang weight gain was ok, so subsequently i did not add the vitamins... about a year or so after his birth, he graduate from the dietrican
happy.gif

bloom
hehe, there is. in fact the neonat has just rang me yesterday, saying i can arranged it with the ward doctor :p for siang to undergo a patch test for allergy. yes thats the 'problem' with sugary things ah.. sigh keke.

yan,
pai say, i type yilin and Yin lin (because i got a working pal whose name is Yin Lin and i been talking to her today :p)..hence just now typo

Jane
thx

Yan
congrats on ur gal going home!.

for me, my girl not underweight. but was stil on Similac Neosure. when discharge, actually nurse told me can use another milk. but dr A, the dr at KK, told me use Neosure for some time as it has extra vits compared to other milk. i only changed to other milk after Dr A gave the ok. do check with ur dr

bloom
he think she did a gd job of handling it. coz she is familiar with my history and we comfy with her. that's true but i sense she think high likely it come again. fair enuff - its her opinion. but its nice to have a dr who takes precautions and is more optimistic. affects my mood ;)

went once only. next one in 2wks time. first appt ranges from $100-$150. he charged me $100 tho.after that, $50 for consult + $30 for scan. think the price is abt average. bummer is that there is no package price.

Jane, xbliss,
Ya, sort of glad that they like cakes (esp Darryl) so that it can help him to put on some weight
happy.gif

Jane,
Bake, aiyah anyone can bake, I chin chai bake one lah, my std only family can appreciate
happy.gif

didi
hmmm i for one don't know how to bake ler :p. but i would love to have a oven at home hehe, can be quite useful haha
happy.gif

its lovely to be able to bake..

Jane,
With 'Betty Crocker' cake mix, anyone sure can bake, good to have an oven, like the one I bot, quite ok, last week my godbro brought his gf over for dinner, we roasted a chicken and some ribs, quite ok leh
happy.gif

dash likes to eat cakes too. He likes jelly, ice cream, cakes, and all the junk food. haha.

Bloom, i am here. haha.

Xbliss, yup feeling movements...great feelings really!

Yan, think neosure is the milk powder for all premature babies leh. congrats on your gal going home. How long is her stay in hospital?

I am been feeling more and more fearful. Now into 23 weeks. Remember i had my first labor at 23 weeks plus? sigh...now fearful. I am looking forward to next friday into 24 weeks, at least 24 weeks doctors will save the babies...you know wat i mean. Though of course I want my little gal to stay as long in the womb as possible...

no no no, must try to distract myself again...what shd i buy next haha...

sad.gif
really worry...hope all will go well.

Little baby violet must jia you!!!

didi, economy bad, and i am not earning, still waste money! sigh...but i am looking soooo forward to going out, working etc, so i go buy a coach bag to prepare myself for work next year! see! i really looking forward to back to work!

but i think when i back to work, you will see a zombie kkf everyday complaining about students, parents etc again! haha.

You know I join the feb mum to be thread...everyone talking about being in week 24, 25, 26 etc...i keep thinking the same thing, nobody will be as bad luck as me, to give birth prematurely. Everyone seems to have smooth pregnancies...except me.

yeah, today i asked the nurse, she also say similac neosure. take till doc say can change then change.

tomorrow the nurse will teach me how to bath my baby. too long din bath a baby, lost touch liao :p

now i start buying and preparing her stuff. bought her new clothes, mitten, bootie, hat and receving blanklet. think i got most of the stuff already except diaper and fm. we even bought the angle care movement and sound monitor. it wll alarm if no movement is detected after 20sec. if dun have this, think we won´t be able to sleep.

thanks shelllow for the pigeon teats.
happy.gif
today the nurse start to give her this teat instead of the preemie teat. the preemie teat too small for her, the milk will leak from the side of her mouth. she sucks better with pigeon teat.

yilin has been staying in kk for about 80 days already. 80 days ago, she looked so tiny and pathetic. my heart sinked whenever i visit her. but now, she even got double chin.. ha... so cute!!! i never realised tat she got double chin till yesterday when she pulled out her feeding tube.

kkf,
now more and more women have pre term labour. nicu and scn is so full house. seem like it have become very common. u are not the only 1, dun worry too much. just rest well and eat well. u will be ok. throw away all your negative thoughts. your princess will hold on tight
happy.gif

jane,
can mix fm and bm together meh? the nurse said no leh. she said after feed the bm then feed the fm.

kkf,
dun worry, you and violet will be fine
happy.gif
good lah, get the coach bag will spur you to work harder
happy.gif

Hi everyone,

I'm very happy to chance upon this group and would like to introduce myself.

I've just delivered my 27-weeker by C-Section last Wednesday. He weighed 885 grams at birth, but is 860grams now. Today is my baby boy's 10th day at the SCN in Kuala Lumpur. I'm a first time mommy and wasn't at all prepared by the suddeness of the delivery! I haven't even attended my pre-natal class, nor have I bought my breast pump and other baby accessories. My EDD is supposed to be 21 Jan 09.

Currently Baby is breathing on his own, but with oxygen aid. We are very happy to know today that he is taking a 2 ml of my breast milk through the feeding tube. He's also on some strong antibiotics as a preventive measure, as I had an infection and ruptured membrane prior to delivery.

Really hope and pray that this rollercoaster ride will be smooth.

munyi
welcome! hope all goes well.

kkf
come kkf, lets not feel too sorry abt ourselves and be strong come what may.though its darn hard. I dun want to compare myself with 'fullterm cases' coz it just makes me feel bad. there are other mums who face similar problems, we not only ones like dis. I just pray that no matter happens - baby is healthy and I can go thru whatever happens.

I just had huge quarrel with parents. kena shout at and various accusations coz of hse. I keep telling myself - thk baby health. and heck it. and tell myself God will take care of us.

munyi
Welcome to the thread! I happen to be working in the office now...saw your posting. Don't worry and have faith with your baby, he will grow well and healthy in no time. Jia You! My girl is a 24 weeker and will be 4 yrs old next Feb. Like you, I also do not have the chance to attend pre-natal class etc etc....

Continue to come in to share with us your experience. A lot of premies mummies here are experience enough to guide you through. Meantime, stay strong and healthy for your child and eat more nutritious food to provide precious bm for your boy. Take Care!
happy.gif

Jacelyn
Good to see your post after so long. Glad that your boys are growing so well. Thanks for remembering me. Cheers!

kkf
Your coach bags indulgence make me envy lei... do not feel that it is bad luck to have pre-matured delivery.... our little ones arrive early for a reason beyond comprehension.... I chose to believe that they are born to suffer first but will enjoy life later .....

costa
I do not have time to attend the Premies Awareness Day this year as I only have pro-rated annual leave and I have used a couple of days to execute the sales of the hdb flat recently. The rest were taken to look after my girl when MIL went holidays......

Yan
Congrats,,, baby Yilin is going home soon. My girl was in NICU for 181 days previously.

xbliss
retail therapy is good for every one. I've been shopping shopping every time after pay day. Just buy buy buy and more buys lately....

Hi Yan, i have the angelcare monitor bought from kkh as well.
happy.gif

Daec, what happened? hope things are fine now.

didi, haha, yah distract myself get more coach bags.

welcome munyi!

Today my opposite door neighbour baby's full month. kinda envy...her daughter about same age as dash, and now she has a 2nd one.

kkf n daec
stay positive n trust that you are able to keep your little ones til it's good time. just ignore watever problems u have now and focus on bb.

munyi,
hi and welcome. u r from malaysia? we also have jacelyn, a mummy of twins, from malaysia posting in this forum.
dun worry, bb weight will yoyo for first few weeks before putting on more consistently. do hope to hear good progress abt your bb here all the while. stay strong, positive, and put in effort to pump your milk if you can.

kkf,
ok ok, more and more bagS not bag for your
happy.gif
keep a sum aside maybe when you delivered Violet, get a LV instead to reward yourself
happy.gif

hi munyi,
welcome welcome
happy.gif

my yilin was borned a 26weeker at only 812g in august. now still in KKH. the weight even dropped till 700++ for the 1st 2 weeks. it is normal. dun worry. now she is on bottle feed. soon your darling will reach this stage too
happy.gif
always stay positive. cheers~~

woke and can't sleep now...
sad.gif
i really wonder when can i have a good night sleep. if i am not preggy i will def go seek help from doctors or sinsehs...

sigh......

really can't stand, even as i was typing, dash was half sleeping and half making lots of noises.
he also can't sleep thruout the night. like mother like son.

i put on a lot of weight already since preggy, but now still trying to eat more stuff like durian to help baby gain weight just in case.
sad.gif

kkf,
just have a balance and healthy diet will do la. dun worry about your weight now, can on diet after deliver wat
happy.gif

kkf
pat pat. i also din bother losing my weight.. will leave it til after next delivery. for u, also can do the same. shed all after the delivery! durian is good!

munyi, welcome here..do share wif us any issues you may hv..

precious_one, oh dear..u cant come?nvr mind,maybe next time we can meet up again thru another event..

bloom,
were you at the Big Walk yterday?

hi yan
keke. oh yes, i meant i was supplementing neosure (with BM) for siang. ie, one feeed BM, one feed FM, usually the night feed i will give FM as its more filling and enable him to sleep throughout the night.

kkf
oh i heard durian is indeed very 'pu'... don't worry about weight for now
happy.gif

munyi,
welcome here. i am a 26 weekers mum (my boy was born 985g). he is now 2 years old. do come by and chat with us.

oh yes, jacelyn is a mum of twins boys, jacelyn is staying in malaysia too. maybe you can PM her?

daec
everything fine? hmm yes baby is more important. cheer up ah

Morning, yah, jane, heard durian very bu, so tried to eat...hope can let baby gains weight.

My little gal weighs 460g at ard 21 weeks plus. I remembered when jared was borned at 23 weeks plus, he weighed 700 grams. So I thought maybe my little gal is not gaining enough weight leh though the mummy is very very fat already.

Costa, there is premiee awareness day again this year? I will very much like to go too if i am not preggy.

xbliss, guess will think about losing weight after giving birth.

Kkf and mummies,

KKH is having a Preemie awareness carnival on Nov 8 at the grounds next to the kopitiam..do hope to see you there...

for mummies who got prems aged two to eight..if you had given me yr address, you wld hv received the invites....

kkf
happy.gif
good morning
yes, a few mummies here have confirm that durian is very pu ;) oh i see. some babies gain weight at later stage ah.

costa
not sure if i can go (siang due for re-admission this wednesday). i have not receive the invites thou :p

hello mommies,

haven't been posting cos bz at work. glad 2 c still so many posts
happy.gif

kkf,
jia you.. n hav faith in yourself & ur little princess. shopping is good heehee.. last fri went daiso & bought >30 pieces of items..so happy when unpacking at home..
happy.gif

yan

glad that ur bb is progressing well
happy.gif

I have bb gal clothes to pass down if u don mind... no one to pass liao cos already close shop.. my bb 4th bb is now 8 months old

Costa
Will be therewith little Ezann.

Mummies
Hope to see as many ppl at the carnival
happy.gif

hi all

kkf
yes, can always shed those pounds after this. no urgency for it now and pregnancy is the green light for us to put on weight where no one can or dare to complain! so dun worry too much!

yan,
i saw neosure at the bigger ntucs like amk hub and hougang festival market. kkh pharmacy should have too?

mummylian,
thanks for offerring but i have enough already. yilin is my no.2 princess. she can wear her elder sister baby clothing.
happy.gif

xbliss,
ya.. think kkh pharmacy got. if amk hub have.. good.. my hubby work in amk, will ask him to check it out.

today i met the lactation nurse.she suggested to latch yilin, then top up with formula immediately and pump after tat to stimulate the breast further. wah... at night no need to sleep liao...

Thank you all for the warm welcome
happy.gif
I feel encouraged to hear so many stories of little girls and boys who finally gets discharged from the SCN.

Today, the nurses reported that our baby Isaac had several episodes of apnea. They even had to bag him once yesterday night. The medical officer told us that he may have PDA as they also detected a more pronounced heart murmur. But he will confirm with the Consultant and the course of action. Baby is still on antibiotics as precaution against infection. We are so worried to hear about his apnea episodes. He had not done that before!

Tonight when we visited, he was taking 2ml of milk (plus the TPN/nutrition). For the first time (since his birth 12 days ago), we heard him crying, after the nurse handled him and did some suction. At first, I was happy to hear his voice, but it made me cry too to see him so uncomfortable and with all the tubes attached. And we could not hold him or cradle him to comfort him. So sad.

I've got a question - does the preemies in Singapore SCN wear small preemie diapers or size S diapers? The diapers they put for him are much too big for him - his legs are hanging and dangling around!
Can we get preemie diapers in Singapore??? Where can we buy them?
My search thru the net only found specialty stores for preemie diapers in US. I intend to get a few packs for him.

Thanks for listening.

mimeole,
the carnival is just a small one to raise prem awareness...but we are just gg to catch up wif each other there since we hv been too busy wif our daily routine life to meet...

munyi,
tink the preemies were the normal diapers but they folded it to fit the babies....i m oso not vy sure...i tink they used Pampers S size...

yan,
only certain ntucs hv it and cold storage too..which part of spore are you in?maybe can trying calling their main distributor to find out??u noe hw it looks like?did you ask the doc wat brand milk powder is recommended?

hi munyi
I remember when my boy was in NICU/SCN (in singapore), they let him wear S size Pampers.

Cheer up okie. very soon your boy be able to fit the diaper.

Don't be sad. your boy cry show his lung is strong
happy.gif
- think positive. don't see him small ah, he can voice out his unhappiness. About PDA, maybe u check with the doctors there.

Re apnea - cheer your boy up and ask him to breath and breath. for now maybe u cannot hold him yet but i think the nurse do allow you to touch him through the incubator?

We are all here to listen and share. stay positive okie. they always say at NICU/SCN is a roller coast ride for the babies but they are all brave warriors and they will do well
happy.gif

Yan
That time i always get Neosure from Bedok NTUC and also KKH pharmacy.

munyi..
yes they use S pampers. n they fold it at the sides so tt it wraps arnd them. but always v big for our little ones.. hang in thr.. seeing my bb n not being able to help him, brought me down many times.. but u've gotta stay strong. they can feel our emotions n may pick up on our vibes.. so stay strong for ur little darling.. our bbs r a resilient bunch.. take care..

costa..
ok c how abt the carnival.. c if i can mk my way dwn.. wld lurve to mt up wif u mummies.. nice to put a face to all the nicks here.
happy.gif

Back