Premature babies support group

Hi juliet,

My little girl was born in May 2012 at 26 weeks, 935 grams at TMC. After 2 weeks at TMC's Nicu, upon pd advice, she had to be transferred to sgh nicu due to a serious blood infection, Kkh was full at that time. My girl went through alot, blood transfusions, intubation, strong antibiotics for 3 weeks, lumber puncture, pda in the heart, ROP in the eyes and hearing loss in one ear..many times the drs braced us in the event she couldnt make it but she did, she also lost alot of weight, dropped to 600 over grams and rib cage all showing..they had to change her drip everyday coz the antibiotics burned her veins so there was one time she had a drip on both hands and feet, it was so painful to see her go through so much..in the end she stayed in nicu for 2.5 mths and was discharged. Now she is a healthy and active girl, nobody could tell she was a premature baby and having all these health problems..it was a roller coaster and everyday we jus pray that she could overcome these obstacles..try to hang in there and stay positive!

Hi Edelistic ,
Cant seem to add you on FB . would you like to add me instead?
[email protected]

Hi Gideonmum ,
Thanks for the encouragement , My girl is also suffering from PDA and is now taking 1st dose of medication .
I will PM you
happy.gif

Hi All,

I have a freezer KCF-90J to sell, bought in march 2012 for storing breastmilk. If interested, please pm me. Thanks!

jst

Hi, I just delivered last week to a 28 weeks baby due to severe pre-eclampsia and IUGR.

How do I go about joining the fb group?

Hi
I delivered my baby 27 week 4 days, due to pre-eclampsia and leaking of amino fiuld.. How to join the fb group? What the group name to type in? My baby was 1.2kg but after delivered her weight drop to 765, so sad.. Now slowly, she gain back her weight now is 990g. Hope she can get more weight n discharge soon

Hi mummies, just a word of encouragement for all of u. My boy was born in 2007 at 27 wks. Today he's a healthy boy and going pri 1 next yr. the journey has been long and tiring, and we dare not try for another one. But he's so stable and sweet, and asking for a sibling cos feeling lonely and we r bz with work and can't attend to him much. I'm now halfway thru pregnancy for #2 and will update when I do deliver. Til then, take heart, believe in ur little fighters, and keep going for them!

Hi all, I am new to this but happy to know there are mommies out there who can share their experiences.
I have been hospitalized since wk20 due to rupture of amniotic sac or PROM. I am now reaching wk28, I have been strictly on bed rest for the last 8 wks, eating and peeing lying down. I don't know when it'll be my turn to see my baby and I am getting so tired of lying down and stuck in the hospital room. My back is getting very sore too..
sad.gif

Just sharing my story and hopefully receive some encouragement from mommies who have went through this before.. Thanks..

Hi can add me? I just gave birth to my 35weeker baby girl on 12march @ SGH. Suddenly water bag burst and I delivered within 6hours. Ftm. Weight was 2.45. She was very lucky as only have jaundice. Only stay in hd for few hours for observation. No low blood sugar. Think cos I kept craving for coke before birth! LOL.

Joanna, hang in there. Everyday is a small victory for u n baby. It can get really boring n sometimes depressing but try occupy yourself and get yourself added to the FB group
happy.gif

U can also read the archival for stories of the little warriors tho I sincerely hope that ur baby will be full term n you wont need the preemie info

Jia you!

I do not have premie baby but just want to share about my experience.

I was a baby diagnosed with PDA and Mitral Valve Prolapse. I undergo PDA correction around 3 years old, but unlucky that the PDA come back again due to the surgery fail. Therefore, I have to undergo another surgery at my 6 years old. After this, I diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse, doctor advice do not need to go for Surgery but only need to monitor once a year to ensure it didn't get worse. I was advised that I might not able to carry baby for full term due to my heart problem. Therefore, I decided to go for open heart surgery (Repair my valve) on my 28 years old so that I have a "stronger" heart to support my baby.

I have no luck as I went through major placenta previa during my pregnancy, rush to hospital twice as discover bleeding, and need to stop work from 31 week. Finally I delivered a baby last December.

Of course, I really appreciate my mom who went through all these with me as I lost my father when I was 12 years old. I am sure it's worth for mummies to hang in there just like what my mom did it to me. =)

hi all mummies and daddies

just chanced upon this thread. would like to share briefly my experience. i have 2 girls. Elder was 28th weeker. younger was born at 24 weeks 5 days. meimei stayed in kkh for almost 6.5 months. i had placenta previa and weak cervix. had to go for unpaid leave risking my 1-year old job.

meimei had rop pda some infecion found in her liver.. probably from my infection. she, like, some premmies had gone thru a lot. but as the nurses always encouraged me our babies know we visit them everyday in icu or nicu. they are tough cookies so we must tell them to jia you.

you may pm me if u want to share or know more.

take care of yourselves during confinement. while you need to visit your darlings your health is equally important.

God bless...

Hi all

Do you know if KKH does Pulse oximetry screening for all newborns and especially for those with siblings with history of congenital heart defects? thx u.

Hi all, haven't been back here since I posted my message on 24th April, thought no one will reply to my post. How wrong I was! Thanks Ning and V.A.C for your encouragements!

Miracles do happen dear mommies, I was discharged from the hospital when I reach 30wks! In total, I stayed for 10 wks on strict bed rest in the hospital. I was close to giving up, but the leaking miraculously stopped! Prayers and encouragement from family and friends kept me going.

I am now at 35wks+, baby is still in breech position, doc said no chance of it moving head down, so it will most likely be a c-sec for me. That's ok as long as the baby is healthy! My baby weighs around 2.7kg now and most likely will be saying hello to the world at 37 wks. Doc doesn't want to push too long since I have a diff pregnancy.

It has been a very difficult journey but I am thankful I have come so far.
happy.gif

Hi Joanna,I'm so happy for you! You have come so far.. My boy said hi at 27wks exactly.. LoL. God will bless you.. I'd be waiting for your good news on the 37th week ok..

Hi Joanna,since you've already come so far,what is 2wks? At this time,just try ur best not to think so much.. Time will past faster.. I totally understand how you feel now..
PS,I'd be waiting for the" Hi"!

Joanna, well done! like u, i was put on bed rest at wk 20 too! But i lasted only up to 27 wks before my boy was born. He's healthy and doing fine. Im in my second pregnancy now, and in my 32nd wk. It's a miracle for me to hold out the pregnancy so long cos i din have such luck with my first 2 pregnancies. Don't think too much, stay happy and look fwd to seeing bb in good health soon!

To the rest, jia you! you and your little fighters can do it!!

Hi Anna

I bott from motherare too @ KKH branch, but that's 4 years ago.. I got the new baby size rompers in a pack of 5 or 7 can't remember..

Hi mummies, I'm currently 31 weeks+ 4 pregnant and am currently hospitalized for preterm labour at a private hospital.

Was wondering whether anyone has any advice on whether i should transfer to kkh or nuh now (and which one or NICU is better in your opinion). Sounds like if I transfer from a private hospital, I will still be considered under private in the restructured hospital. Can the baby really be downgraded in the NICU for subsidy even if I'm classified as private?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Eureka, my Gynae direct me to sgh and I was seen by o&g doc and got admitted directly into sgh. I choose class b4 knowing the risk of premature birth so nicu charges will be cheaper

Hi,
i have a ibabyguard apnea monitor to let go at 300 bucks. my premie used it for only a week as this was a brand new replacement set for the old set which i broke. pls pm me. Self collection at hougang or tanjong pagar mrt

Thanks

Dear all, I strongly believe all your babies are strong fighters like you all.

I jus wanted to post on my bro behalf. My niece jus born premature at week 34 as my sis in law has a fall n lying in hospital two weeks back. When born , after the 6 hrs check, she cannot drink milk on her own. Got to feed thru tube. Reason is she cannot breathe normally thru bottle feed lor. yo, anyone can adviSe what is wrong ? My bro is checking with the PD. we are concerned cos of the cost in ICU is 1000 per day. anyone have seen or hrd of such scenario ?

Dear all, I strongly believe all your babies are strong fighters like you all.

I jus wanted to post on my bro behalf. My niece jus born premature at week 34 as my sis in law has a fall n lying in hospital two weeks back. When born , after the 6 hrs check, she cannot drink milk on her own. Got to feed thru tube. Reason is she cannot breathe normally thru bottle feed lor. yo, anyone can adviSe what is wrong ? My bro is checking with the PD. we are concerned cos of the cost in ICU is 1000 per day. anyone have seen or hrd of such scenario ?

I hope your SIL is better. From my observation, seems most of the premies cannot drink milk on their own and on tube feeding as they cannot suckle yet. Apparently this ability comes in from 34-36 weeks.

Do take the opportunity to talk to the docs and nurses at any opportunity. And yes, ICU is indeed financially draining.

Hi,
my boy is borned at 29 weeks, stayed in the ICU for 2 months, and now he is a healthy 18 mths old. I'm pregnant again with a 2nd one, a little worry that he/she may come out early too. Any mamas here had experience with 2nd baby that came out full-term instead? Thanks

Please add me to the facebook support grp too,
[email protected]

Hi all, can I join the fb page too? My email address is [email protected]

I juz delivered my boy at wk24th @ kkh. Coming Thursday will go back kkh for checkup cz till now I still don't know the cause of my early delivery. My boy has gone through pda 3 dosage of medication, we pray that the scanning result will be good.....

Any special items to prepare after my boy discharge from hospital??

Hi all daddies and mummies here ,

I am a father of 24 week of baby boy . My son juz finish his PDA closing op. However his oxygen saturation still behaves like roller coaster.

My KKH Dr had started a 7 day steroid medication to help lung development and i was informed there is some risk to the brain development (cerebrum) .

Can some share some experience with me ?

I was totally at lost .

Hi all,
Would like to share my experience with all. I had my gal @29 weeks 4 days gestation. She weighted 1.35kg at birth. Had to stay in KKH for 5 weeks (actually she could come home earlier but she got Rotavirus!!!!!). She weighted 2.27kg when she got discharged.

She is now a healthy 4-year-old gal.

All our babies are strong fighters. Hang on Daddies & Mummies, you all have to take care too…;)

Hi mamaB, I also just gave birth to my lil daring at 29 weeks 4 days. Birth at 1.390kg. I'm still waiting for him to be discharge. Doctor haven't advise when can discharge as he is still on stage one feeding. Not bottle feed yet. Hope my prince can come back soon.
Discharge u celebrate his full month then?

Hi mamaB, I also just gave birth to my lil daring at 29 weeks 4 days. Birth at 1.390kg. I'm still waiting for him to be discharge. Doctor haven't advise when can discharge as he is still on stage one feeding. Not bottle feed yet. Hope my prince can come back soon.
Discharge u celebrate his full month then?

hi sotong80, ur bb at which hospital?
my boys too at week 29weeks+4days.. both at kkh special care nursery and both with tube feeding still.. doc advise that once hit 1.95kgs and everythingn is well shld b able to discharged..

i will be celebrating their full month after they are both out :) but officially their full month is still counted 1 mth later after their birth date :)

our babies are fighters!! jiayou :)

Hi kmei2,
Mine is at SGH, his weight of yesterday is 1.85kg le but because his nipping is still not ready, he's still at stage 1 feeding. Looking forward to his next milestone.

Back