Premature babies support group

Hi all, i have a freezer Kadeka KJC90 to sell away, purchased in March 2012, soley used for storing breastmilk.
Interested, please pm me.

Hi Moon, thanks for sharing. I am in midst of 34 weeks now. Though people keep telling me 34 weeks quite viable, my little one is small sized, equivalent to a 32 weeker so i am very worried. How was your boy's weight if you dont mind sharing? Must be quite good to be able to go home with you. Mine is 1.8+ now, upon delivery might not be 1.8+ still, maybe drop abit, then sure cannot come home so fast.

Hi Sunny,

I was lucky. BB was 2.4kg when he came out. That was considered very heavy for a 35-week baby.

My gynae told me most of the time, premmies have to be warded for observation due to their lungs not fully functioning and not sufficiently strong yet. So when I started leaking amniotic fluid, he started giving me frequent injections to strengthen my baby's lungs. So when I delivered, my baby's lungs were quite OK already. Did your gynae give you similar injections?

Also, did your gyane advise C-sect or natural birth by induction? Mine say if natural birth, baby would be stronger...

Hi Moon and anyone still here, i delivered my baby already at 34 weeks. He was 1.9 kg at birth, can breathe on his own and is now at KKH's SCN to watch and wait for better feeding and weight gain before he can go home.

He also has a grade 1 intraventricular bleed in the brain but they say its common in premmies and usually resolves on its own and dont seem to care much, only say scan again in 1-2 months time. But i very worried.

I am in a wreck. Baby is so small that i cant help but break down and cry everytime. See him so small so heartpain. Really salute you all, how do you cope? I have to tell myself to be strong, baby needs me but still cant help breaking down everytime.

Hi Sunny,

Congrats! You should feel relieved that your baby is strong and can breathe on his own, and only need to scan again regarding the G1IVTB in 1-2 months time. This is very very good news indeed.

Try to convert your 'negative' energy into something useful. In my case, to cope, I channeled all my energy to preparing my baby's room at home. Cleaning the room, preparing the cot, getting ready all the clothes, booties, mittens, towels, diapers etc. Doing all these took my mind of negative thoughts, and I tried to think how much baby would like his new room and new home, how I would enjoy looking after my new little bundle of joy, and how much I look forward to bringing him home.

And it helped that my hubby and dd#1 and dd#2 were all around to support and comfort me.

I also tried to eliminate all possible sources of stress. I totally shut out my in-laws (I am not on good terms with them), and I have not told many of my friends and colleagues that I have given birth because I dun want them to disturb me and say things that I do not want to hear.

Did your deliver via C-sect? Now is the time to rest, and look forward to bringing baby home!

Ya Moon, csect. Now i trying my best channel all my energy to pumping milk for him, the very least i can do.

Thank you so much for your encouragements and sharing!!

Hi Sunnyflower, i am a friend of Isabel whom you met in KKH. I have a pair of twins born at week 31 and many parents here are facing or had faced what you went through as well. We will be each other's source of support. If you want, you can join the preemie support group in Facebook, easier to discuss and share things. God bless! Cheers!

Oh! Nice to 'meet' you twinpapa!
happy.gif
Ok i PMed Sally to trouble her to add me to your FB grp, hope to learn more from you all.

Hi all, my third baby was born as a pre term baby at 29 weeks n 6 days at tmc last february, he spent 46 days there, now he's 7 months plus going to be 8 months soon, corrected age 5 months plus, last check up to pd, the pd was concerned how come he cannot support his head yet, he suggested that we should see a paediatric neurologist which we r going to see next wednesday, can you share your experience with premmies regarding developmental progress?
Thank you

sometimes he can flip both sides n grasp thing, i also wonder why his hands always clenched and often startled especially when he's outside

Hi Kitty, is the paediatric neurologist also at TMC? Or KKH?
My son's usual follow up is at KKH and after each visit with the consultant, they will arrange a short session with the occupational therapist to assess his developments in terms of motor skills. They suggest home exercises or additional follow up sessions if required.

Hi yami, the neurologist that we r going to see is at mt elizabeth hospital as recommended by the pd, which neurologist/ therapist that you are seeing in kkh? Do i need to get a reference from gp/ poly? Thank you

Kitty - my son is with dr agarwar who is a consultant with neonatal dept. Therapist I can't remember the name.

Not too sure on how to get a referral to see KK docs.. Any mummies / daddies with experience to share?

For now since u already hv an Appt at MT E, see what the neurologist says , hope everything goes well

Hi Mummies and daddies,

I would like to find out is anyone selling or giving away preemie clothing. Or where can I buy?

I am travelling to Beijing next month and there is a organization there who look after preemie baby, disable baby and baby with medical condition as well as babies who are abandon by their parents. They are asking for preemie clothing donation. I will be giving them other medical items as well. So was thinking I can bring it over too.

http://www.littleflowerprojects.org/index.html

Anyone selling can let me know, I can pick it up from u.

Thanks!

Hi
I am new here.
I just gave birth to a prematured baby boy 4.5 mths ago.
Would like to join in the prematured baby group to share some info.

Hi Sally,
First timer here too, I delivered a pair of twins at week 35+. I would like to join the premature baby group to learn n know more also..I already pm you..thank you.

Hi, I am new here. I gave birth to my daughter 2 mths ago at 31 wks. Would like to ask if anyone put your premmie at infantcare. If yes, how old was your baby when you enrol your baby? Any experience to share like how often / severe baby will fall sick etc?

I wanted to put my baby to infantcare when I am due to return work but PD said it's not advisable until she is 1 year old. Now in dilemma on whether I should go with infantcare or quit my job. Appreciate any experience from other parents with premmies. Thanks.

Sally, I have sent PM to you to join FB group. Thanks.

Hi all,
I am so glad to find this thread, really useful and I find the support I need badly from this thread too. Thanks for all valuable information too
happy.gif

I gave birth to a baby girl at week 33. Now my girl actual age is 6 month.. I tried feeding her rice cereal several times but she is not interested and does not seems to know how to swallow the food. Whenever I tried to feed her rice cereal, she will scream very loudly... Do you all face the same situation when you first introduced semi solid food to your baby?Or do I need to wait till her corrected age is 6 months instead?

I am very worried too. She does not know how to sit too... Think I need to be less Gan Cheong...
Thanks thanks
happy.gif

Lely, babies are more proned to catch some bugs from infant care easily, especially the preemies who have more sensitive organs. That's the reason why our PD does not advise us to send babies to infant care. Mine were 31 weeks babies as well. We had the blessings of a maid, helps from mom/mil. Only thinking of sending them for play group when they hit 18 months. If your finances are ok, quit and take care of baby will be most ideal. Else, consider a full time nanny.

Apple, we fed our babies at AA 5 months. The first time they ate it, they too don't know how to swallow. It helps by introducing the solid in a very liquid format for them to get use to it. My babies also can't sit without support at that stage. But now they are learning to stand already. So, mai kan cheong, all these milestones will come at their own pace. Enjoy the fun!

Hi Apple,
I would encourage you to wait till her corrected months. All of their progresses should be based on their corrected months, not their actual months as their growth is a little slower compared to the other babies of their same age. You have to be very patient and not rush them be it, grabbing of things, turning or crawling etc. Go slow with your girl. Don'r rush. The passage may not be well developed yet when they were out early. Bear with them.
happy.gif

Hi mummies, it's so comforting to see the open sharing of knowledge here.

I'm currently going to deliver my baby at 32 weeks and is worried because of a lot of unknowns.

Is there a Facebook support group too!?

Can add me at [email protected]?

Thank you.

Hi twin papa and kiasu mum,

Thank you for the sharing
happy.gif
I have tried a more watery cereal for her, but still no progress yet... She still scream etc... Think like what both of you have suggested, I need to constantly remind myself, to go slow with my girl.

Been a tough journey for these 6 months... I started to get worried and tense up so easily from the time I was asked to be on complete bed rest in the hospital before delivery. Everyday worried about her development in my womb and blame myself for the situation.

After she is delivered, I was so worried about her health and condition. Everyday looking forward to visit her at NICU. And pray no phone call from doctor too.

Seems that I can't stop myself from the negative thoughts and I have trying very hard to give her the best to the extend of quitting my job and looking after her full time. I am still feeling very scare till now. Scare about her development and health. I hate it when outsider commented thatvshe is small size etc....

I really salute the daddies and mommies here, cos I find the journey is not easy and I am still coping and especially my emotion throughout this parenthood with her.. I hope I can learn to relax and go slow... I will try and try and do my best...

Thanks for all the support and encouragement
happy.gif

Apple, join us in FB group as there are some really good questions raised and answers provided by the parents there. Much easier to chat than here.
Shufen, tried to search for u in FB but cannot find. Perhaps u can add me first and I will add u into the group.
[email protected]

Dear mummies and daddies,

I am a mummy of a 28 weeker boy and a pair of 33 weeker twins. My elder boy is 2.5 going to 3 years old. He has speech delay, his vocabulary is mainly single syllabus words.

Due to the speech delay, the teachers at his current mainstream kindergarten doesn't understand him. They also commented that he is unfocused and unsettled during lesson. Recently, they told me that they will allow my boy to attend their holiday program provided he is more settled or don't cry anymore as all their kids don't cry anymore. I felt a sense of discrimination in their message and my husband n myself don't want our son to be discriminated against or be subjected to any unjust treatment. Thus, I would like to find out whether any of your premmies has speech delay and whether do you know of any childcare/preschool which can deal with kids who has speech delay?

Thanks a lot!

Hi
I have 3 tins of neosure to let go at $45 each. self collect at hougang or tanjong pagar. pls pm me if keen. expiry in 2015

thanks

Dear mummies, I just delivered a baby girl at 25weeks weighing only 800g . PD Suguested transferring to Sgh depending bb condition . Hope to get some mental support and advise thanks...

Juliet, where is your baby now? It is better to transfer baby to KKH as they have the best neonatal care for preemies. May God grant you strength during this period.

Thx twin papa. Only Sgh have vacancy sowe don't really have other option . Baby is now fit and will be transferring this afternoon . Monsterlim: added
happy.gif

Hi Jagiebaby ,
Thank you for the well wishes . Today I got discharged and went over to see baby at SGH. My heart shattered and I broke down. she lost about 12% of her birth weight . She is a mere 700g and her ribs were so visible now ..

Hi jagiebaby,
May I trouble you to add me to the group ? My email address is : [email protected]
Reading through the previous postings by all of you gives me a lot of encouragement and I decided to stop wasting my energy in feeling remorseful and bitter about myself .

Dear All ,
My 25 Weeker is on phototherapy today and doc mentioned she won't be starting BM anytime now ( doc wanted to start off today but delayed ) Everyday is indeed a roller coaster ride for preemie parents and I hate to say I m starting to feel despair just because of a small setback . I hope I will stay focus and stay strong for my baby girl

Back