November 2017 Mummies

Is anyone experiencing breakouts? My skin is getting terrible with the breakouts and i think my usual skincare isnt helping. Any recommended skincare that we can use during pregnancy?

My face was havoc during #1, who is a boy. #2 is a girl, no issue. This time #3 ... remains to be seen.

So any suitable skincare we should be using? With the pills and all, should we be using oil control or hydrate?

So any suitable skincare we should be using? With the pills and all, should we be using oil control or hydrate?
I would go with skincare that is as simple as possible. During my #1 I stopped things like essence and things with collagen etc. Just basic wash, tone, moisturise.

I would go with skincare that is as simple as possible. During my #1 I stopped things like essence and things with collagen etc. Just basic wash, tone, moisturise.
Skin care with collagen nono? Ermmmmm side track abit...wondering can dye hair at salon?

Is the condition getting worse? Better to see a skin doctor to get advice? I would also use simple steps, wash tone and moisturizer.

hi 5, i m also may 2015 mummy and currently expecting no 2 which will most likely due in Nov 2017...

I just done the panorama test today coz only harmony and panorama test can be done at the early stage. i m 35 this yr and my oscar test for my 1st baby was quite bad and i end up having to do CVS which result was ok.. so to me oscar test results is not accurate and thus i decide to move on to do panorama.

pro and cons about the different tests:

Panorama and harmony - can be done very early at wk 9 and results is 99% accurate however very ex and it only test a few things (not as comprehensive as oscar)
oscar - result is probably 90% accurate and for those who are not young since they derive the % taking into account of your age, the likelihood of getting a bad results is quite high. however the test is quite comprehensive and afforable.
CVS and amnio - accurate result and affordable but there is a small risk to the test which will cause miscarriage.

since i can claim the charge i decide to do the panorama extended test.. they only draw blood for this test.

Wow. Hi 5.
Can I ask if you dont mind, why do you decided to do those test?

Reactions: T&S
Skin care with collagen nono? Ermmmmm side track abit...wondering can dye hair at salon?
At your comfort level I guess.

Personally I wouldn't get my hair dyed or any chemical treatment because I wouldn't be able to sit for long in the salon. Either Morning sickness / when the tummy gets bigger, it's very uncomfortable. Different smells in the salon, might slip on the hair on the floor etc.

Wow. Hi 5.
Can I ask if you dont mind, why do you decided to do those test?

me n hb just wanna be sure that bb is ok before we announce the gd news to our family.. and if touch wood the result is bad, at least we are prepared and we can also discuss what we really wanna do about it..

Hi everyone! Just finished with my first appt, am 6 weeks pregnant with my #2 and will prob give birth one of the latest, EDD is 29 nov! Is there a fb/ WhatsApp group I can join? :)

Hi all, im currently in my 7th week. Is it normal to have stomach cramps? I also have slight brown discharge. I feel quite worried as I have done some research online and it sounds alarming. but my gynae appointment is 2 weeks away...

Hi all, im currently in my 7th week. Is it normal to have stomach cramps? I also have slight brown discharge. I feel quite worried as I have done some research online and it sounds alarming. but my gynae appointment is 2 weeks away...
Brown discharge is old blood so if it's a spot I wouldn't worry too much about it. As for cramps, the same advice if it's not causing you great pain. Try your best to sit down and rest.

Brown discharge is old blood so if it's a spot I wouldn't worry too much about it. As for cramps, the same advice if it's not causing you great pain. Try your best to sit down and rest.
Thanks Kokomi for your reply. Should i be worried if the brown discharge happens on a frequent basis? Been seeing it daily for about a week or so.

I am having brown discharge too

Then I would give my obgyn a call and see if I can move forward my appointment.
Thank you for the advice! I managed to bring it forward but wished it cld be much earlier so i wont have to worry for so many days. Hope im not being too paranoid about this since my hubs has to take time off frm reservist to accompany me. *fingers crossed that everything is ok

Thank you for the advice! I managed to bring it forward but wished it cld be much earlier so i wont have to worry for so many days. Hope im not being too paranoid about this since my hubs has to take time off frm reservist to accompany me. *fingers crossed that everything is ok
It's normal to feel worried, just don't get paranoid :)

I also have brown discharge. I am put on proluton jab and D pills.. I spot at w5d1 n called gynae, they ask me to see dr the same day. Am asked to go back weekly n just put on 2 jabs a week now (w6d1) cos still seeing brown.. Advice u bring it forward or see other gynae that can see u first if possible.. but if not possible, wait for ur gynae visit.. my nurse n dr told me although not normal, it is common.. fingers crossed and good luck to us!

Any mummies had previous experience of spotting in first tri for child 1/2? Able to share your journey? While the proluton jab comforts me that I've something to support the pregnancy, I can't help to think about the problem every day too..

The brown discharge I experience is not a whole day thingy. When i rest or slp at night it was ok...then when wake up and walk it start to stain...after awhile ok again...the staining is minimal...i wish is wed now as my appt is next week

Hi all! 1st time mom, edd 13th nov, should be 8-9ish weeks now. Had brown discharge for 2 days (at around 6 weeks) only at the end of the day, as if its dirty or something and doesn't seem alarming.

Been to 1 checkup at 7th week and doc only schedule next to be on my 12th week (down syndrome test already). Meanwhile the wait seems long...

On another hand, my current distraction/concern is how to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Used to jog/attend gym classes 3 times a week + tennis once a week. But now I'm paranoid since its my first child, plus old people like my own mom strongly discouraged all those exercises. :( I believe its old wives tale that we can't exercise... feel so fat, oily bloated and lethargic.

Thinking of switching to swimming 30mins a day as many times a week but anyone knows if CC pool is safe/clean? Some articles say chlorine is fine, but some people also said pool is the dirtiest too?

So troubled trying to find a good exercise that lifts m mood daily. And yoga is too slow for my preference... anyone else is exercising regularly please share your experience!

Hi all! 1st time mom, edd 13th nov, should be 8-9ish weeks now. Had brown discharge for 2 days (at around 6 weeks) only at the end of the day, as if its dirty or something and doesn't seem alarming.

Been to 1 checkup at 7th week and doc only schedule next to be on my 12th week (down syndrome test already). Meanwhile the wait seems long...

On another hand, my current distraction/concern is how to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Used to jog/attend gym classes 3 times a week + tennis once a week. But now I'm paranoid since its my first child, plus old people like my own mom strongly discouraged all those exercises. :( I believe its old wives tale that we can't exercise... feel so fat, oily bloated and lethargic.

Thinking of switching to swimming 30mins a day as many times a week but anyone knows if CC pool is safe/clean? Some articles say chlorine is fine, but some people also said pool is the dirtiest too?

So troubled trying to find a good exercise that lifts m mood daily. And yoga is too slow for my preference... anyone else is exercising regularly please share your experience!
I was thinking of yoga for preg ladies

first tri it's best not to do all these. just tahan few wks more to tri 2 u can do ur exercise. btw! we hav the same edd hehe!

First trimester is best not to do any exercise. Play safe n seek advice frm ur gynae if can start at second trimester

I also have brown discharge. I am put on proluton jab and D pills.. I spot at w5d1 n called gynae, they ask me to see dr the same day. Am asked to go back weekly n just put on 2 jabs a week now (w6d1) cos still seeing brown.. Advice u bring it forward or see other gynae that can see u first if possible.. but if not possible, wait for ur gynae visit.. my nurse n dr told me although not normal, it is common.. fingers crossed and good luck to us!

In the end i did a walk-in at my gynae's clinic this mrng and managed to see the doc. Got a jab, a course of hormones pill and 1 week hospitalisation leave to play safe. Feel so relieved now. Hope you are feeling better too and your spotting/discharge stops soon. Yup, fingers crossed and good luck to us! Cheers

I was thinking of yoga for preg ladies

have u gone for any? Ive been doing research too coz im not used to the lack of exercise. Used to do walks with my hubby at the start of the pregnancy but the area we usu walk at is now a hotspot for zika -___- . Any recommended yoga studio? Cant wait to check them out after the first tri.

have u gone for any? Ive been doing research too coz im not used to the lack of exercise. Used to do walks with my hubby at the start of the pregnancy but the area we usu walk at is now a hotspot for zika -___- . Any recommended yoga studio? Cant wait to check them out after the first tri.

Ohh my edd is 17th Nov, few days after yours!:D My gynae said 1st tri also can go ahead w light jog, light cycling and yoga. But must listen to your body and stop when you feel unwell.
I heard platinum yoga offers prenatal classes! They have outlets in the central and west area so quite convenient. Anyone has experience?

Any mummies had previous experience of spotting in first tri for child 1/2? Able to share your journey? While the proluton jab comforts me that I've something to support the pregnancy, I can't help to think about the problem every day too..

Baby99,

Are you still spotting everyday now? For me my spotting has stopped.. as I had mentioned, I had continuous spotting for like 2 plus weeks n I was so paranoid.. but now stopped le. r u still on weekly scan? Perhaps u can ask gynae to give u hospitalization leave to have some bedrest n to relax urself. Dun worry too much ya? All will be well! :)

Baby99,

Are you still spotting everyday now? For me my spotting has stopped.. as I had mentioned, I had continuous spotting for like 2 plus weeks n I was so paranoid.. but now stopped le. r u still on weekly scan? Perhaps u can ask gynae to give u hospitalization leave to have some bedrest n to relax urself. Dun worry too much ya? All will be well! :)

Good news for u Pingz! I saw brown consecutively 1 wk, when I strain in the toilet - so usually once a day. Went back for second week jab 2 days ago n haven seen anything yesterday. I'm praying hard too! I asked dr if I can stop jab if no more discharge. He says no discharge is not the end point - sounds like since already got risk, he will still giv jab to support pregnancy for tri1. Going to do 2 times a wk jab coming wk. Are u off hormone pills? I recall u didn't need to jab right?

Besides, I got no morning sickness other than slight slight sensitivity to smell that makes me lose appetite for a while - could be cos of hormone pills. Quite worried But nurse keep telling me to count my blessings. No m/s also worrying to me.. got fatigue n tender/sensitive breasts tho..

In the end i did a walk-in at my gynae's clinic this mrng and managed to see the doc. Got a jab, a course of hormones pill and 1 week hospitalisation leave to play safe. Feel so relieved now. Hope you are feeling better too and your spotting/discharge stops soon. Yup, fingers crossed and good luck to us! Cheers

That's good! For peace of mind..

I feel you! I am also feeling so fat n bloated.. felt like exercising but worried it may harm the baby.. for me, my gynae told me not to exercise n wait till my pregnancy is stable after 3 mths then exercise.. He knows that I am kinda worried as I have been spotting previously n my previous case of miscarriage. He told me to play it safe.

If you really want to exercise then perhaps do some light exercises. Swimming is fine I think.. Perhaps not too long in the water?

Anyone did prenatal yoga b4? Can recommend? Thinking of taking up for this pregnancy this time round.

Hello all! I tested positive about a week back and I should be about 8weeks now. Will be visiting Dr. Chen Lin Han to confirm. Any idea how will the first check up be like? Pretty nervous cos first time mom here.

Is there any whatsapp group to join? Kindly add me 9.6.3.9.5.4.9.1 thank you!!!

Good news for u Pingz! I saw brown consecutively 1 wk, when I strain in the toilet - so usually once a day. Went back for second week jab 2 days ago n haven seen anything yesterday. I'm praying hard too! I asked dr if I can stop jab if no more discharge. He says no discharge is not the end point - sounds like since already got risk, he will still giv jab to support pregnancy for tri1. Going to do 2 times a wk jab coming wk. Are u off hormone pills? I recall u didn't need to jab right?

Besides, I got no morning sickness other than slight slight sensitivity to smell that makes me lose appetite for a while - could be cos of hormone pills. Quite worried But nurse keep telling me to count my blessings. No m/s also worrying to me.. got fatigue n tender/sensitive breasts tho..

At least the spotting has stopped.. that's some relief.. yup, I'm not on jab but I am still on the pills.. Think this is to stablilise the pregnancy. Taking this everyday till my next visit one mth later. Your jab is also to stabilise the pregnancy right? So dun worry too much.. :)

At least the spotting has stopped.. that's some relief.. yup, I'm not on jab but I am still on the pills.. Think this is to stablilise the pregnancy. Taking this everyday till my next visit one mth later. Your jab is also to stabilise the pregnancy right? So dun worry too much.. :)

That's right jab to stabilize too.. ya I do feel comforted that I'm getting some treatment lo. Hope the journey gets smoother from here for us. Fingers crossed..

I also wish to work out cos i am worried about the weight gain during pregnancy. Already am on the bigger side. However i had spotting during 2ww so i doubt exercise is good. We also cant do the very shiong one at this stage. Any good work out that can help to burn fats yet safe to do during pregnancy?

I also wish to work out cos i am worried about the weight gain during pregnancy. Already am on the bigger side. However i had spotting during 2ww so i doubt exercise is good. We also cant do the very shiong one at this stage. Any good work out that can help to burn fats yet safe to do during pregnancy?

Dr tan will suggest u to do after second trimester. There's a aqua exercise u can attend at kkh but duno still have ma. Few yrs back have but i didn manage to sign up so hopefully now i can sign up. I belong to the obese type haha

Hi mums-to-be,

I'm coming to 8weeks with my #2 and edd most likely is mid Nov. Saw a few posts on spotting and also exercising. Just sharing my experience here.

I had heavy bleeding n bad cramps on week 5 for a day. Checked in with my gynae and realised I had a placenta tear which lead to bad internal bleeding and threaten miscarriage. I've been on bedrest for 2weeks plus now, took 2 jabs and daily hormone pills.

My advice to all will be to refrain from exercise during the 1st tri. Reason being I think I had the placenta tear bcos I recently slipped and almost fell on a rainy day while carrying my #1. I felt a strain in between my thighs but didn't really think much about it until I had heavy bleeding few days later. Imagine just a slip could cause such serious tear.

As for prenatal yoga, I did that when I was pregnant with #1 but I only started ard week 20 onwards. It did helped me to strengthen my pelvic area, learnt some breathing techniques and reduce backache. However, I also did had a few episodes of spotting on and off till my gynae advised me to stop prenatal yoga ard week 30.

Would suggest mummies to consult your gynae first to ensure it is safe to do prenatal yoga as every pregnancy is different :)

Not yet as i was thinking of doing it during 2nd trimester

Just had my first visit to the Gynae. EDD is 18th Nov!
Currently, Gynae put me on some "An Tai Yao", and my nausea definitely increase.
Can't wait for 2nd trimester to arrive. oh man!

Back