Mummies staying at Clementi / Dover / Commonwealth

Hi Kidzskidz,
My 2nd one is girl.
Your is born this year lah

I check compare the diaper spree price here to NTUC, thought is very cheap liao. Below is the prices on brand , size, before and after discount price. Still got cheaper ones in CK?

Brand Size/Qty Market Price Weight Range Selling Price
Huggies Dry Comfort Msize (66pcs) $19.65 5-10kgs $15.50
Huggies Dry Comfort Lsize(60pcs) $19.65 8-13kgs $15.50
Huggies Dry Comfort XLsize(54pcs) $19.65 Over 11kgs $15.50

Huggies Dry Msize (80pcs) $19.20 5-10kgs $15.50
Huggies Dry Lsize (68pcs) $19.20 8-13kgs $15.50
Huggies Dry XLsize (56pcs) $19.20 Over 11kgs $15.50
Huggies Dry XXLsize (44pcs) $19.20 Over 14kgs $15.50

Huggies Pull-up Msize(42pcs) $16.95 6-10kgs $15.00
Huggies Pull-up Lsize(36pcs) $16.95 8-13kgs $15.00
Huggies Pull-up XLsize(30pcs) $16.95 Over 11kgs $15.00
Huggies Pull-up XXLsize(24pcs) $16.95 Over 15kgs $15.00

Huggies Ultra (M)size(40pcs) $16.70 5-10kgs $15.00
Huggies Ultra (L)size(34pcs) $16.70 8-13kgs $15.00
Huggies Ultra (XL)size(30pcs) $16.70 Over 11kgs $15.00
Huggies Ultra (XXL)size(26pcs) $16.70 Over 14kgs $15.00

Brand Size Market Price/Qty Weight range Selling Price
Mamy Poko Diapers (S)48pcs $19.75 3-8kgs $15.20
Mamy Poko Diapers (M)44pcs $19.75 6-11kgs $15.20
Mamy Poko Diapers (L)38pcs $19.75 9-14kgs $15.20
Mamy Poko Diapers (XL)34pcs $19.75 12-17kgs $15.20
Mamy Poko Diapers (XXL)28pcs $19.75 15-25kgs $15.20

Drypers (M)84pcs $23.70 6-11kgs $17.90
Drypers (L)72pcs $23.70 9-14kgs $17.90
Drypers (XL)60pcs $23.70 12-17kgs $17.90

<font color="0000ff">Pet:</font> Congratz! Girl reali so much 2 doll up &amp; accessorize - I shop alot for my gal (she's born 2007) &amp; w my boy (born this Apr) I also hv license 2 shop since he kant wear jie2's clothes!
kao_sticktongue.gif
Anyway, toilet training for B1 went off-track w di2's arrival so she's stl on diaper pantz &amp; I regularly chk out e CK opp whenever I nd 2 stk up. Usually buy Huggies Pull Up fr CK - when on offer itz 2packs of L36 for $27.80. Or lately I buy Drypantz from Cold Storage (CS) - offer now is $29.85 for 2packs of L36 but I only buy those packs where there's 4 free pieces taped to them i.e. total of 40pcs. Rite now Huggies Pull up no offer @ CK bt Huggies Dry &amp; Dry Comfort hv. I dun buy these so didn't pay attn 2 e price tho. However, e offer price can vary &amp; is like cyclic i.e. this time e offer mayb $15/pc and next x e offer price's a little more, than e 3rd offer round it'll revert to e 1st. E CK's opp my plc so whenever I nd 2 stk diapers I go chk it out 1st datz why I'm familiar w e promotions
wink.gif

Drypers also on offer @ CK bt I didn't pay attn 2 e price either. Noticed got free Drypers raincoat for kidz tho...

Mummies! if you're near expo

Book worms
The well known and well read, Penguin Books is holding a massive warehouse sale this weekend. With books starting from $1, and a wide selection of children's, fiction, business, reference, lifestyle, and more, this sale will be great for stocking fillers.
When: Thur 3 Dec - Sun 6 Dec, 10am-9.30pm.
Where: Penguin Warehouse Sale, Singapore Expo Hall, 6B

just sharing: for older kids holiday prog at CC
happy.gif

Calling for 12 kids to start class... ages 7-10yrs &amp; 5-12yrs

if you keen to join, do proceed to the website for details or call 6778 5163 B.Vista
<font color="0000ff">1) Thinking Loft Critical Thinkers (7 - 10 years)
Description: For children aged 7 - 10 years, they will be introduced to the 7 steps of critical thinking to strengthen their problem solving skills. We hope to st .....

Organising CC: BUONA VISTA Community Club is at Holland Drive
Venue: MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM
Date: 15-Dec-09
Time: 11:15 AM - 12:45 PM
Fee: $20.00 (passion card members) $30.00 (non passion card members)</font>

if you keen to join, do proceed to the website for details or call 6473 0521(LengKee)
<font color="119911">2) HIP HOP DANCE - CHILDREN (5 - 12yrs)
Description: This dance originated from the United States and comprises Funky, Break and Hip Hop. All these street dances are choreographed to upbeat music and s .....

Organising CC: LENG KEE Community Club is nearby RedHill MRT
Venue: DANCE STUDIO
Date: 16-Dec-09
Time: 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM
Fee: $12.00 - $12.00 </font>

Search details on website: http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal

click: activity, search for location and go thru' pages...

happy.gif
blessings

kidzkidz.. Think having a girl will spend lot more $$ than boy too. But the mom (Me) dun really dress up, so maybe not too bad. Got a friend who like to dress up, so alway dress up her daughter like she does, matching colours, dress or shoe or handbag.

I bought the diapers from the spree, too lazy to check around for price.. I guess diapers has become essential that you just buy lor! careless do much abt $$.

So your girl will start nursery next year lah!

Hi Jasmum..
My boy is 5 yrs old. However if got classes like baking or craft work, I will be keen to sign him up.

<font color="0000ff">Pet:</font> My girl is quite a tough cookie in terms of temperament bt coz we always tell her she looks so pretty &amp; we do get her sweet, cuties clothes &amp; accessories, she is aware of how to look girly. Aft I help her comb her hair/change her clothes, I'l tell her 'wah, so pretty!' &amp; she'l go look in e mirror then reply w nod of her head
wink.gif
Bt she's no lady hor, her cc teachers oledi told me she won't get bullied one in sch
biggrin.gif
Yeah, she's juz starting N1 diz mth - they promote e kidz in Dec so they hv 1M 2 adjust 2 e new classroom, teachers, etc.

Hey, I juz concluded two (Sat) sessions w her @ Clay Cove in Funan -- u kan chk it out for lessons for kidz &amp; even adult. We had lotsa fun in e Parent &amp; Toddler class http://www.claycove.com/pottery_for_children.html

Re diapers, do store in a dry plc coz diapers absorb miosture &amp; itz now rainy season. I ever bought diapers where e urine inidcator strip was oledi changing colour so kan feel e diapers like puffed up.

kidzkidz:

Sound like your daughter is really tough gal.. Good lah! Next time can help you discipline your boy. MM pple say gd to have the 1st a girl, cos jie jie will be more willing to take up responsibility at home , also can discipline the younger ones , especially boys tend to be more playful.

The Clay cove activities looks fun leh! I will take note of this. Good to have parent able to sit in too , to play together before better bonding with kids. I have to look out for a time suitable lah!

Hi Bellgal,
She ask if can help her lah. I think she can meet at outram too. I meet her there , MRT ,during lunch

Wow you mean Clay Cove full till Dec? only last slot?

Ya, I msn her tell her le..she say she ask you help coz she deal w you. She work near Outram ba, that's why meet there.

No la, I see the classes in Clay Cove:

Sep19 &amp; 26 (Sat) Theme: DANCING OCTOPUS 5:45pm - 6:15pm
Oct 24 &amp; 31 (Sat) Theme: CUP CAKE 5:45pm - 6:15pm
Nov 21 &amp; 28 (Sat) Theme: XMAS TREE DECORATIONS 5:45pm - 6:15pm
Dec 19 &amp; 26 (Sat) Theme:CANDY HOUSE 5:45pm - 6:15pm

Now already December. so left 1 more only lo.

there's also an art place in west coast plaza right? anyone remember the name? i think my boy is still too young though, not even 2 years until next feb..

Pet Su (pt_su) - most of the baking class are open to ages 6/7yrs onwards...
every holis sure have
happy.gif
next year, you can try...
i usually send ds at the ulu pandan cc / bouna vista cc for the baking classes.
there are some crafts making classes on at bouna vista cc the coming weeks, so you could check further...

i am hoping to send ds for the hip-hop, as he is very hyper, so good chance for him to burn the energy :p heee... wanna join, 5yrs can...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Jas:</font> Next to Clay Cove @ Funan's a dance sch. I went in 2 c kidz practicing (I stood outside e glass wall) - saw some kidz doing tap dancing. Quite interesting. Nearer us I think there's Attitude @ Bt Timah Plaza - my fren sends her gal 4 ballet there bt I know they hv other classes e.g. hip hop, jazz.. Chk out if u interested -- http://www.attitudearts.com/?page_id=5

<font color="ff0000">Spectra @ former Bt Timah Fire Station</font> Itz near Bt Timah Shopping Center/Beauty World etc. E bldg now houses various creative arts schs. They dropped a leaflet in mailbox when they opened earlier diz yr or last. Chk out their tenant directory @ Spectra's website -- http://spectra.sg/

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">17-19 Dec: Carter's, Oshkosh, etc. Annual Warehouse Sale</font></font>

The much awaited Carter warehse sale is back! Jus received email from them!

17-19 Dec 2009
9am to 8pm
43 Tampines St 92
Up to 90% off
Prices $3-12 Cash only!

Happy shopping!

Hi Mummies,

I'm new to this thread...staying in Dover. BB boy coming to 10mths old. Would appreciate if mummies can share ANy suggestions for 1yr old celebration.

Thanx kidzskidz for the info on Carter sale...i went last yr and bought quite alot rompers.

<font color="119911">Aidan:</font> Welcome 2 diz family! I presume Aidan's ur DS' name?
happy.gif
Last yr was my 1st venture 2 e Carter's sale, end up spent abt $100 on clothing for B1 &amp; in preparation for B2's arrival. B1's a 33M gal &amp; B2's an Apr '09 hunk
biggrin.gif

Re 1Y celebration: nt sure wat sort of setting e.g. in CC? 4 my gal we got a cake 4 her CC class &amp; I prepared loot bags. Bt she's born eve of CNY '07 so every Reunion Lunch/Dinner's confirmed b'day celebration 4 her
biggrin.gif
... In my experience, hv rec'd fair share of party invites 2 kidz b'day celebrations @ Mc &amp; other kidz plcs. Or some even hold @ family-friendly restuarants. Alternatively juz book a function rm &amp; invite family &amp;/or frenz + kidz 4 eatz &amp; swim...?

Hi Jas,
Keep me posted if got next baking class. Din know your CC got so many activities. Ours small estate, think dun have much.

<font color="ff6000">Carter's, Oshkosh Sale:</font> Many diff brands so wl incl adult's tees, polos, shirts, pj bottoms, shorts, etc. Oshkosh up to toddler sizes. Carter's think generally up to 24M bt some cutting huge. Many other kidz brands so u kan find various tees for up to 6T whc was wat I noticed as was getting for nephew - so nt sure if got even older bt some clothes come in S, M, L sizing. Nt sure if they bring out new stuffs each day or dat they restk coz last yr was my 1st visit &amp; I onli went early on D1 &amp; they were bringing stuffs out whc were gone quite fast...

<font size="+1"><font color="0077aa">Angels Wipes:</font></font> I've helped a fren order under e Mix &amp; Match promotion whc is $4.60/bundle. I hv 4 bundles of the 3x80wipes packaging AND 3 bundles of the 6x30wipes to spare. PM me if u wan. Collect fr me in Clementi
happy.gif

Hi Mummies!

I am so happy to find a thread on Mummies in Clementi area!! Clementi is old estate. I am new here, my boy was born in May this year.

Hope to share more info in this thread. Oh, I missed out on alot of sales mannz!

Hi kidzkidz, Clementi only have 1 CK right, the one in Ave 2? I didn't know they have promo on huggies wor.. Will check out there more often. ^^

pastries
welcome, and you came to the right thread, kidz is the one with all the lobangs! lol.

kidz
btw u mentioned last time that your PT cleaner is quite good? can pass me her contact? we are renovating our new place now, so will need some help to clean up... can PM or sms me if you have my number? tx
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Pastries:</font> Welcome! Yeah, datz e onli CK Dept Store in Clementi. Btw e big @ NTUC in Clementi Central's 24hrs -- in case any1 nd urgent supplies or kant slp kan go jln
wink.gif
I'l post watever bargains I kan find coz i lurv 2 sniff them out!
biggrin.gif

kidzskidz, but the 24hr NTUC v little baby stuff leh. They don't have Healthy Times food jar and Only Organic food jar also. do you know where we can get HT &amp; Only Organic food jar nearby Clementi? I went to West Coast Plaze cold storage also don't have. Previously I bot Only Organic bb food from TBP NTUC.

My bb only 7+ mth, so can't get the right brain training set now.

How old are u kids now? Any good childcare to recomment in Clementi area (i know i super kiasu, already looking out for childcare liao..)

Hi Bellgal, oh really.. Any particular reason why?

I know there is Learning Vision in NUS, went to the IFC before. Also, Little Agape Uni in Science Park.

<font color="0000ff">Pastries:</font> Go Fairprice Finest @ Bt Timah Plaza. I hvn't been for >1y bt I'm told variety there is wide. Price steeper tho. There's a gd Agape Little Uni @ NTU Alumni Club w IFC. My gal's 3 in Feb. She grew up there. My boy's Apr 09 bb bt i take care of him as i turned SAHM in Aug.

Pastries: I think Learning Vision in NUS up to 2 yo only. KinderCorner 2 spends about 40% watching TV. morning once, after lunch before naptime once, from 5pm onwards once.

I'm not sure about you, but in my opinion, is abit too much lo.

Also, very little outings and activities. Outings I think once every 4 months or so.

Not sure there is a Little Agape Uni in Science Park.

It's Kinder Corner in Science Park 1 and Kinder Corner 2 in Science Park 2/3. Science Park generally quite a small area, can't be having 2 centres in 1 park ba.

Bellgal, Oh that is too much!! 40% of the time watching TV... That is not good. I also prefer childcare with activities and outings, more healthy right!

The Agape Little Uni I think is what kidzkidz mentioned, is near to Buona Vista there, not science park, sorry! (Mix up liao)

I didn't know Learning Vision in NUS is up to 2 yo only.. I heard of this caterpillar cove in Ngee Ann Poly.

Then there is Little Skool House in Buona Vista CC. Of course, there is Pet SchoolHouse in Jubilee (West Coast). Btw, u staying clementi or dover or commonwealth area? So yr kid is in which childcare now?

Kidzkidz, I shall check out Fairprice Finest in Bukit Timah Plaza, thanks!! I being to the Agape Little Uni IFC when I am searching for IFC, there is a water play area in the building right? Overall impression of the place is good. The only reason I chose my current IFC over Agape Little Uni is the environment. But am switching IFC soon. So you are SAHM now, not easy being SAHM also, is 7/24 hrs job and more tiring then working.

Pastries: My boy is in KinderCorner 2, that's why I know. No choice coz I work in Science Park 2. Caterpillar Cove and Pats Schoolhouse v expensive.

Pat's Schoolhouse, before subsidy is $1.3k++.

I'm a single mum, so staying w my parents at West Coast.

Kidzkidz say wrongly la...she din say NUS. She said NTU!

Bellgal, There is one CC called 'Genesis' in West Coast, not sure good anot. So everyday you bring your boy to KinderCorner 2. Our area not many choice when comes to CC hor..

So do you intend to change CC for your boy?

I think I am the sotong one, cos I cannot remember where is Agape Little Uni......

Pastries, Genesis is full. I don't know why. any time of the year I ask, it's always full...

There's another one Kinderland Franchise, but that one like not very good. Everyday passby is like very quiet inside. My bro says they stopped accepting new students already, they only accept those alumni siblings. Dunno how true.

Pat's Schoolhouse is the only one with vacancies. And that's because the fees are so damn expensive!

But besides that, I have concerns as it is just next to AYE, which means, the centre will be dustier as compared to other centres. What do you think?

My bro puts his sons into Columbia in TT International. Fees abt $900+ before subsidy. Their program and activities not bad...

Looking at their graduation ceremony and my boy's school (which happened to be on the same day), you can see vast difference already!

Bellgal, Kinderland Franchise is it at Ulu Pandan there? Only accept alumni siblings, even CC also got 'discrimination' ah...

Pat's Schoolhouse at other area always full! My friend booked one yr in advance (Halifax branch). Yes, is just next to AYE, air pollution will be a problem. I have not visit Pat's Schoolhouse before, but I will do so as to make a comparison.

My boy current IFC is at Pasir Panjang Road, the air quality is not good either.

Where is TT International? The fees at least more reasonable.. How old is yr boy now?

I heard of this Creative O at IBP, Creative building. Do you think will be too far for you?

Kinderland Franchis is 2 houses away from Genesis. In Jubilee Road alone there are 3 ccs. Yes. even cc also got discrimination de.

Pat's Schoolhouse at Jubilee Road always has vacancies. I dunno why also...maybe coz of the fees, maybe coz of the pollution.

TT International is the Akira building.

My boy is 3.

My bro used to work in Creative. But he did not put his boys into Creative O. I've never heard about it, but I believe it's not very good since my bro did not use it though it's to his convenience.

IBP is quite far for me. Considering the peak hours and the jams. I don't think I want to choose there, of coz, unless I manage to secure a job in IBP itself.
happy.gif

Bellgal, Akira Building &amp; IBP abit out of the way for us right, cos is further up west.. Unless we work in that area or Tuas lor..

Strange that Pat's Schoolhouse always had vacancies, indeed the school is just next to the expressway.

So your boy is 3 now, what abt Buona Vista area CC? Since you work in Science Park, it is only abit of detour right?

Isobellies, I have bumper mat at home liao.

Never looked into any at Buona Vista CC. I only look into those that is on the way, didn't have the time and effort to make any detours twice a day...

Hi Ladies,

Long time din get into this place liao! Kidzkidz and Isobellies, I will be thinking of engaging a PT maid , once my baby is due next year? Can I have and idea how much is the charges and what are the job scope that the PT maid usually covers?

Bellgal, can understand. Bringing &amp; fetching kids back from CC is a daily issue, if too much of a hassle, it is very frastruating.

So I suppose you will still let your boy attend the current CC.

Hi Pet Su, thank you! Your bb is due next yr, Congrats!! When is yr bb due date?

Back