Mummies staying at Clementi / Dover / Commonwealth

EmQ
hahah ok. i usually use pet pet during the day, pampers active at night, and pampers pull ups when we go out..

kidz
you are really lobang queen leh!!!!!! :D

Iso: Have you tried Drypers? I tried Pet Pet many years back, CMI back then & have never tried it again... but it seems that many people are using Pet Pet & seem to prefer Pet Pet to Drypers. Yup pull ups for going out!

Kidz: Cool! Love your list, but I tried calling Nestle for Nan HA3, apparently they do not have samples for step 3. Dunno why the practice... think they are only keen on catching the transition from BM to FM?

I shall try the MP pull ups! I tried Goon when they first came to sg. Wonder if I can ask for samples for #3 now... cos the fittings may be different on different children.

EmQ
tried drypers about a year ago, then recently i think i wanted to buy but on even sale it was more ex than petpet! i can't rem the price exactly, but usually i'll calculate the cost per piece. so i gave up and went back to good ol' pet pet which wasn't even on offer, haha.

Iso: How would you rate the quality of Pet Pet against Drypers? Years ago, Pet Pet leaked for #1 & gave her rashes, while Drypers were still ok if worn in the day. Then when we tried Pet Pet for #2, every piece leaked! After 3 attempts, we put the diapers away & my #1 uses them for her dolls instead.

I know #1 has lots of pee. But #2 could use Drypers even for night, she's not the heavy duty kind, so not sure why Pet Pet leaked... could be due to the cutting (she's super skinny la)... any how, we dun dare to try for now...

EmQ
haha that's funny that #1 used them for her dolls!! hmm it was q long ago, more than 1.5 years so i can't q remember the difference now. but if E wears them for more than maybe 5 hours then of cos will leak also lah. i find it's not as dry as pampers cos when i change his diapers his bum is a bit wet, but he's not prone to rashes, so for day time use i find it q ok.

<font color="0000ff">EmQ:</font> B1 also using leftovr Huggies Ultra Newborn size 4 her stuff toys. She'l change e diaper, smell it &amp; say 'eeee, poo-poo', dan tape up like we do e actual soiled diapers. 4 a while she left a 'soiled' diaper (dat Lumpy had been wearing) under e bbcot. When we asked her abt it she'd say itz got Lumpy's poo-poo
crazy.gif
She doing a lot of pretend play lately. I juz bought her a $14.95 toy mic fr Toys R Us (w built in songs 2 sing 2) &amp; she dropped it under our bed. Her dad had 2 use e broom 2 push it out. As he was doing this she was on her toy hp going, 'Hello friend, my microphone under mommy's bed. Daddy helping me 2 take out..." I'm pretty sure more of such entertaining antics 2 come coz itz expected 4 diz age grp. So mommies, sit back &amp; wait 4 e show 2 begin
biggrin.gif

Kidz: That's so cute! Enjoy it while it lasts! I observe that subsequent children seem to reach developmental mildstones earlier than firstborns, maybe cos they have examples to observe? #2 started on her pretend play earlier &amp; these days, she does not do it as often. Her interactions with us are more like those of 3 yos. She's into the what? why? can?, while #1 was still doing pretend play at 5yo...

<font color="aa00aa">EmQ:</font> Agree w u! I also supsect coz they hv older siblings 2 learn behaviour fr. Btw, I got another theory why gals r more chatty compared 2 boys: we r more observant i.e. our eyes take in more so we r always talking, asking, pointing out, etc. B1 is exactly like dat, "Look, look mommy!" Dan dun give chance 4 me nt 2 look or acknowledge
kao_sticktongue.gif

<font color="ff6000">Bought Drypantz liao...</font> Also rec'd a 2-pc pack of sample two days aft I called 2 request. I find e inside softer dan Huggies Pull Up &amp; e waist band more snug coz got elastic woven into it. Huggies one is like crepe paper so when diaper full, can drop like dat. Anyway I was @ Giant Vivo on Thu so grabbed e twin-pack offer (took 1M &amp; 1L). Itz $28.95. There was a promoter there so she went around 2 another Drypantz display &amp; got me e packs dat had a small pkt of 2pcs free banded 2 e big pack. So if u wanna get, try &amp; look for the one w 2pcs free
happy.gif

Kidz: I think it's more character ba.

My #1 talks nonstop &amp; her 'noise' arrives before her at any destination.

My #2 is much quieter, so much so, at one stage, my mum insisted I send her to the doc! She was super shy when she was younger - even with my parents, &amp; in their presence, she can spend the entire day without uttering a word! She'd gesture to let us know her needs but simply would not speak up!

My #3 is quite 'talkative' though not as much as #1.

&amp; When #1 is home, she just bring on the noise &amp; both #2 &amp; #3 will follow suit. So, I can have the 2 younger ones at home &amp; minimal noise, but all I need is #1 to 'tear' the whole house down with her noise.

That said, my nephew can be quite noisy, even on his own. Though I should think not as bad as my #1 - she's the ultimatum lo..

hey mummies
does NTUC not offer the same promotions at all their outlets? yesterday i was at tanjong pagar, no offer on PetPet and they were out of XL, then when i was at Margaret Drive they had offer. strange??

my sis is due any minute now, and i've prepared some gifts to exchange as kidz shared before. any other "tips"?
happy.gif

my mum is looking after my son 3-4days out of a week, and not sure moving forward how often she will be able to continue to do so (if not my ILs can look after but my son always kanna bully by my nephew), but i think he will need some time adjusting...

Iso: As far as I know, NTUC's offer should be the same at all branches, unless it was stated as 'This Store's Special' (huge, pale yellow tag with red prints). Sometimes, the special offer tag comes off &amp; they are just slow to put a new one. &amp; sometimes it seems that they do not indicate but the offer seems to be on-going. For example, I use their housebrand cheese &amp; it seems that there's further discount every time I purchase 3 packets at a go. I notice this is the case eventhough there isn't any special offer tag. &amp; it has been consistent at the different branches I shop at.

To be sure, can always get the staffs to check &amp; confirm for you.

My sister just gave birth this morning, 6+ in Australia... we are all so excited here, but too bad, none of us could fly over at the moment. Sigh... good thing she has a huge family of church friends there who are helping her.

<font color="0000ff">Iso:</font> Main thing I've learnt (think shared by EmQ) is 2 set aside daily 1-to-1 time dat No. 1 wl nd - veri impt @ initial stage tho veri difficult 2. My sis came 2 help in dat she brought gifts &amp; stayed 4 playdate (w or w/o her son). Also lotsa patient explaining regarding watz going on. Kan also rope in No. 1 to help e.g. bring a diaper 4 bb, fetch e wipes, etc.
happy.gif
Aiyoh, how come ur nephew bullying ur boy?
crazy.gif
NTUC pricing strange leh...

<font color="ff6000">EmQ:</font> Wow, i didn't realise NTUC got 'This Store Only' offers - nt attentive enuf 2 e tags
sad.gif
Bt I did notice dat sometimes prices kan differ @ outlets tho - 4 normal price items. E.g. a little bit more ex @ Coronation dan in heartlands. Same goes 4 Mc - one ice milo @ West Coast Park is abt $0.20 cheaper dan @ Forum Galleria...

<font color="aa00aa">B2 &amp; Solid Food:</font> Started him on solids 2wks+. He likes Bellamy's Organic Rice Cereal whc I make w EBM. Yday I added pumpkin 2 it &amp; he was receptive &amp; he's also eaten pumpkin alone. Intro him 2 Gerber puffs 2 - B1 loves diz as well. Currently NTUC has offer - $5.95 per bottle of Gerber puffs w free 1 x 175ml Gerber Apple Juice (she digs both items...) I let B2 try self-feeding w e puffs 2 abt 50% success rate: eat 2 drop 3
kao_sticktongue.gif
2mr I'm planning 2 go NTUC @ BTP 2 buy more veg 2 steam &amp; puree (actuali I juz mash w fork...) Btw, I read b4 dat vegs shd b soaked for a min. of 30mins b4 preparation so as 2 wash off most of e pesticides
crazy.gif

EmQ:
congrats to your sis! or to you for becoming an aunty again?
happy.gif

i also didn't realise that got "this store only" offers.. but i was quite sure that none of the petpet were on offer in Tanjong Pagar but Margaret Drive the signs there big and clear. But maybe as you said Tanjong Pagar is quite a mess and things move quite fast (sometimes at the end of the day they run out of stuff!).

but kidz
yah, finest@BTP is like a few cents more ex than heartlands

kidz
i stay with ILs and my ILs have been looking after my nephew since he was born. when E was born we didn't make any effort to integrate them (to be fair, i'm first time mum, i wouldn't have known!), so now nephew is quite jealous and also when young he wasn't really taught to share his stuff. now headache.

how old was B1 when B2 was born?

i think the next few months are going to be quite different for E, since my sis is due soon, and then it'll be my turn end may or early june!
happy.gif
so must really learn so that i can start on the right foot with him and not end up like E and my nephew.

<font color="119911">B1 &amp; B2 Age Diff:</font> Two yrs gap.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Fairprice Finest:</font> Noted abt e px diff - haiz, they juz take every oppt 2 fleece us...
crazy.gif

Iso &amp; Kids: I thought their pricing should be consistent in all branches? Maybe I'll go &amp; ask the next time I go shopping. That was what I was told when I asked them the last time - that the prices are all the same (offer or normal prioe), except for the 'This Store Special' items.

Iso: Thanks.. hee hee, would be both ba... I really wish I can buy a ticket &amp; fly over. I think sis is still in hospital &amp; I haven't had the chance to get any updates from her. I believe she had a natural delivery - 1st among all our sisters!

kidz
hee thanks thanks!

my sis delivered on friday, and we exchanged gifts for E and the baby. think he was really impressed yesterday with the crane and bus that i bought, but he thinks the baby got it
happy.gif

EmQ
ok ask and let us know! sounds so auntie, but i guess we are, hahah..

<font color="0000ff">Iso:</font> Datz e way! Juz wonder how long we kan con our kidz 4 - so as 2 get them 2 behave/comply?
wink.gif

<font color="119911">Mommies:</font> Found gd BP deal on Mr Men &amp; Little Miss collection. We've been surrounding B1 w bks &amp; reading 2 her ea nite. Now she slps clutching bks - even wanna do dat in cc bt teachers 4bid, wans them 2 return stuffs 2 shelves b4 nap x. Anyway, take a look @ diz offer. CC-wise, i tink wl give her a soft toy 2 clutch instead so as 2 help her nap more easily. Otherwise kidz who dun nap r unpopular w teachers since itz onli x they get a breather...
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?581296/3142974

<font color="ff0000">Clothing Deal fr jcastorsee.com</font>
Here's e email I rec'd diz AM. i buy fr her regularly. I've grabbed some stuffs fr e 5 for $25 category.
happy.gif

~~~~~~
HI, I am trying to clear these items as i have quite a number of stocks coming in. you can choose any from each directory please email me me additional 1 item just in case OOS :

PLEASE INCLUDE THE LINK OF YOUR CHOICES to I can easily locate them

2 for $20 : http://picasaweb.google.com/jcastorsee/2For20E#
2 for $24: http://picasaweb.google.com/jcastorsee/2For24F#
3 for $21 : http://picasaweb.google.com/jcastorsee/3For21C#
5 for $25 : http://picasaweb.google.com/jcastorsee/5For25B#
3 for $10 : http://picasaweb.google.com/jcastorsee/3For105For10A#
3 for $25 : http://picasaweb.google.com/jcastorsee/3For25D#

MAIN DIRECTORY :
http://picasaweb.google.com/jcastorsee#

*ONLY THE BELOW ITEMS AS GIVEN EXTRA DISCOUNTS*

For clothes caps and socks and cloth books :
clearance : additional $15%
normal priced items 20% off

GAP PJs : extra 10% OFF

mailing charges + envelope:
less than 250 grams : $1.40
less than 500 grams : $1.80
less than 1kg : $3.00
registered mail : $2.25

email me directly [email protected]

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ORDERING :*

*a.* Please do not email me if you are undecided* to complete the
transaction. Give chance to those who really want it ... Payment should be
received 30 hours after confirmation*

If you dont receive a reply within 24 hours please resend your email or
check your spam mails or email me again

*b. Please unsubscibe if you do not want to be on my mailing list

c. It is best to reply me at [email protected]; email me if you do not
get any response after 12 hours ; I may have missed out your request; please
email me again

d.first email; first serve ; payment must be received within 30 hours after
invoice has been sent

e. Please dont forget to let me know your location so i can bill you
properly with the correct mailing charges .

--
enjoy shopping with me ...
www.jcastorsee.com

kidz
i'm sure there will be lots of fights later, but at least they start off on a good note. think it will need more effort to maintain the relationship and make sure both share!

btw, is B1 going to full day CC still? am thinking i might put #1 in half day CC (cos i obviously won't have time to accompany him for playgroup, otherwise 3 hr playgroup also good), but still considering if i should get a maid, cos i think i won't be able to handle both by myself.

<font color="0000ff">Iso:</font> Y, stl full day tho she's there abt 7hrs average daily. My SAHM subsidy is half i.e. $150. Price diff 4 half day's fee is maybe $150 n muz stick 2 AM or PM half. Makes sense 2 pay 4 full day 2 get e time flexibilty. If u get maid, i tink u shd do early 2 test maid, c if kan bond w E, handle looking aft him + helping u w confinement, etc. 2 avoid 2 much stress nearer delivery x
happy.gif

kidz
ah ok.. i'm now staying with ILs (as we have been for the last 4 years+!), initially we were planning to move out early next year, but with #2 coming and me still working it will get more and more tiring for me, so we'll stay until after my confinement.

i don't plan to come back to this job, and am due in june, so i think i can stay home from june to dec and see whether i will work again in 2011.

apparently near our place (if not in our estate) there will be a child care, am considering take 1.5 months before i'm due to stay at new place and let him go to CC, then back to ILs for confinement (but that means no CC for one month for him). still trying to think of the logistics!! hahha.

<font color="0000ff">Iso:</font> 1M missing cc wl likely make him clingy. Happened w B1 when she had HFMD in Dec... Ur new plc far? If nt let E go 4 playgrp onli there? Agree, bb always changes our plans
wink.gif
&amp; gd 2 take a break!

kidz
near hubby's workplace, but i prefer to start him off half day first, but if he go half day only, who's going to bring him home? heh.

<font color="0000ff">Iso:</font> NYP rite? Yeah, headache hor how 2 find best arrangement. U'll also nd 2 take leave for 1st wk or so 2 accompany E as well. Haiz...

<font color="0000ff">Iso:</font> So paiseh, look how blur I am - juz type off e top of my head whc dun seem 2 b screwed on dat well nowadays <sigh>

<font color="ff0000">Any1 wanna share Angel Wipes?</font> I juz ordered their promo packs. Each bundle has 3 packs of 80pcs. I had 2 order 12 bundles @ $4.20 each to get FOC delivery. Kan give up 6 bundles if any needs. Itz comparable 2 Pigeon bt does tend 2 stick 2gthr a bit. However coz so cheap, I use these 2 wipes their faces, hands or toys, etc. Expiry is May 2011.

<font color="0000ff">Got Progress Gold 3 (1-3Y) to giveaway:</font> Got a 700g box of sample 4 B1 2 try bt she doesn't like @ all. I juz opened 2 make 30mins ago. Any1 wans kan take fr me.

<font color="119911">Got Mamil 3 (1-3Y) to giveaway:</font> So I made Mamil for her after e above failed. She dun like either. Got 3 satchets. Any1?

Think juz gotta buy more Friso for her... Bt is veri sweet compared 2 these other -- I sip b4 giving her 2 compare lor...
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Bellgal:</font> Sure, u wan all e milk powder? Do PM me ur contact no. Kan collect fr my blk near e Clementi mosque or central thru pre-arrangement.

Kidz, ya. I think my boy is more versatile. He can accept any FM that I give him! Let me know your block. I'll pm you my number...

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Mini Zone No-Mess Bibs - Wipe Clean Waterproof Material</font></font>

Any1 interested? I managed to get @ $3.20 each based on MOQ whc I'm hitting oledi. So if u wan let me know by 2mr nite (Tue)as I'm collecting this wk &amp; dan u kan collect fr me
wink.gif

<font color="119911">5 Designs: Animal Train, Tropical Bus, Monkey, Hippo, Lion, Dog &amp; Balloons</font>

3251921.jpg
3251922.jpg
3251923.jpg

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Special offer on diaper tote</font></font>

I secured a one time offer of a VERY GOOD price for a diaper tote. If u like details pls PM me as I'm nt allowed to post the info. Offer onli till Tue nite - muz let me know by then. Tx!

kidz
you are a lobang queen, really! so good to have you as a contact. haha.

thanks, but i don't need any wipes, but was just wondering what they are
happy.gif
maybe next time!

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Going to Querida's to buy things...</font></font>

Yday went w a bunch of Apr mommies to Querida's plc 2 self-collect things plus browse &amp; buy more. She deducts postage when u go 2 collect - &amp; her pricing oledi veri gd amongst e diff BP organisers. So if any1 interested we kan organise a trip there. She had new stocks whc weren't posted up yet. Here's quick 'shopping' guide if wanna go
wink.gif

<font color="aa00aa">1. Muz make prior appt - she mom of 3...
2. Her location: Woodlands Dr 62.
3. Her contact: [email protected]
4. Let her know what items u wan so she kan pack for u 2 self-collect (she'll deduct postage) http://picasaweb.google.com/querida2006
5. When there u kan chk e items 1st b4 deciding 2 buy or nt.
6. When there u kan tell her wat else u looking 4 e.g. rompers, slpsuits, 2pc pj -- dan she'll start showing u wat she has (her flat is 'Organised Mess')
7. Kan bring bb for fitting or better 2 bring a pc of bb's current wear 4 size comparison
8. Pay cash &amp; DO BRING XTRA $$$</font>

Shd try 2 go in smaller grp so she kan hv more x 2 attend 2 u. Yday was fun bt as our grp had 6 mommies it meant taking quite a while 2 decide on things, 2 get her 2 attend 2 us &amp; further delay when she had 2 ring up ea of our bills. Also end up dun tink we saw everything - so muz go agn lor...

Note: Other dan deducting postage, there's no further discount. Unless she has certain items @ clearance prices dan she'l inform.

welcome pet su!

no real topic, just depends on what's hot at the moment, haha.

kidz
wah i can't imagine what her flat must look like... where do they usually get their clothes from? these days i'm weary of buying not directly from the manufacturers (i.e. gap, old navy, etc.) because a few times the QC is not good, can have holes after a few washing, or like one pair of pants that i bought from this malay lady at the holland v shopping centre - the buttons came off after only 1 wear.

<font color="119911">Pet Su:</font> Welcome, welcome! We juz talk abt watz our kidz up 2 now &amp; then
biggrin.gif
Share some info abt urself: when u due, 1st bb? R u FTWM? I juz b/c SAHM in Aug, aft finished ML w 2nd one. My B1's gal (almost 3YO) &amp; 2nd boy (8MO)

<font color="0000ff">Iso:</font> Reali itz machiam dream. Datz HV shop veri empty leh. I went to dalalamama open house sale @ flat in Holland View &amp; they also talked abt e 'emptiness' of diz shop... When I saw e shop it basically's nt veri stocked &amp; look like may close down any x. Wonder how much is e rent.

<font color="ff6000">Overseas Sprees:</font> I've done ON/GAP spree w Apr 09 Moms. I'll let u ladies noe when I get another discount code. Quite gd deal when there's 20% off even on sale prices e.g. on sale @ USD4.99 &amp; stl hv discount.

Hi Ladies,

Coming is 2nd baby , due 6th Feb10. My older son already 5 yr old liao.

Talking about spree, I just come to realise here got cheap diaper sale in this forum.. good can save some $$, have bought some for new born baby.

I believe , you ladies must have shopped a lot here.

<font color="aa00aa">Pet:</font> Diapers spree is cheap when self collect? I dun drive so often rely on diaper sale @ CK Dept Store (for Huggies, itz behind Clementi mosque) &amp; NTUC (gd twin-pak offers on Pampers). Btw is ur #2 a boy or girl? If girl, get ready 2 spend a lot on garments &amp; accessories
wink.gif
My girl is also Feb bb - 17th

Back