Moping Floor Everyday

mummyto2

Just want to ask mummies here - do you mop the floor every day?

My neighbour just dropped by and said I should mop the floor every day. She said she mops her floor every day. Her children are all grown-up and working and she is usually alone at home. I'm a stay home mum with 2 kids and no maid.

Now I'm wondering if it's a normal thing to mop floors everyday? Or am I being too lazy?

What piss me off is she was very surprised I don't mop the floor every day (indicating something is wrong with me).

I am on maternity leave now. I try to do it every two or three days. I live near the expressway and the place does get v dirty. When I go back to work I will leave it to the cleaner. I don't think I have time to do it.

I get my maid to mop the floor twice a day in living room and kitchen area and once a day in bedrooms.(I did the same when I was maidless with 1 child then) Reason is I have a 2yrs old toddler and a 9mth old baby who's actively crawling. I just think its up to individual cause being SAHM with 2 kids and no maid is very challenging! And in contrary, I actually admired you that you can handle both housework and kids at the same time!

I mop the floor everyday, I have a 2 year old kid and currently SAHM with no helper. That said, when I get back to work next time, I may not have the time to mop everyday.

i only throughly mop once a week.
most other days, i will just briefly go through with a mop. Because when the kids eat their meals, it will get very dirty with food spills.. i'm very tired to mop through. me or hubby will just briefly mop.

Hi

I am a sahm with 2 kids with no helper. I mop the floor every day. If I am tired or sick, I'll mop every 2 days. It is up to individual on how long you shld mop yr floor, and it depends on yr level of tolerance to dirt. Anyway, most important you are comfortable with yr routine. It is not easy to handle housework with 2 young kids. You'll be less stressed when yr kids are older.

Hi,
Im SAHM too with 3 kid(7,4, and 8 months).i did mop the house every day, dry mop 3 time a day with magic mop.
Im feel uneasy when see the house dirty or messy.
As long as u plan yr routine well, u can make it.for me I duo house wrk when my baby sleep, as I did my plan for which day to do what so the house always tidy. If yr kid old enough should give them some house work to do, it is good way to train them too.

mummyto2,
you're not alone! I also don't mop my floor everyday. Frankly I think it's impossible to do it. I'm a FTWM with 2 kids. I'll mop on my off days or do a quick one when my kids are sleeping. Maybe also we don't spend as much time at home, so the house is not that dirty. I have so many other things to do like laundry & folding the laundry. mopping the floor everyday will probably be the last straw that will break the camel's back. Or maybe i dont' mind even if it's not spotless. In fact, save water by not mopping daily :p

mummyto2,
what your neighbor does is not a protocol! do what u are happy or need to as ultimately it's your own house!
just to share with u...i does mopping only once a wk as there's only 2 of us. i mop the floor after each meal if i cook. :D

I mop evday cos i hv 2 kids and 1 of them is a crawler. I also hv 2 small dogs.

I used to vacuum evday. Now lazy, just use magic mop.

I mop once a week too..A a FTWM with 2 kids. I'll vacuum twice a week, thats all. Very lazy right ? But the laundry, ironing and cleaning is already quite alot to do :p The only saving grace is that there is no cooking done at home.

I vacuum everyday. Use wipe to clean the area where my kid eats, as kid tends to drop some pieces when eating.

I only mop floor if very dirty. If not, once a week.

I only mop living and kitchen and dining area everyday. my kid spends most of his time playing in living area so no need to clean the other places as much. he also knows out of bounds haha... the rest of the house twice a week. Pregnant sahm with a 2.5 yr old...

I mop floors everyday especially my living room. Coz my son loves lying down on the floors and i cant stand the dirt!

I wil sweep floors everyday too wif the magiclean wiper but using the cheaper wiper sheets.

Juz feel tat wif kids ard and they tend to sit, crawl n lying down on the floors, my floors must be clean everyday. Especially when they eat, if dun mop floors everyday, ants coming n might bite them.

Hello mummyto2

my helper mop every other day at home as I m working and my kid is at my mum's place.

It is your own choice to mop everyday or not as everyone has different priorities at home. Esp it is not easy to be a SAHM, housechores + kids caring + cooking etc. You know the best and dun get affected unnecessarily.

Have a good day, Cheers..

wow, i realise that all the mummies responded here are very hardworking.

I have 2 dogs at home, and a toddler. However i only magic clean or mop once a week. of coz its dirty but i am super lazy.

Mummyto2: it doesnt matter how many times other mummies mop their floor. So long you are happy, then so be it ba!

Ya,

I last time heavily pregnant also mop once a week. Now have maid I leave all the chores to her.

The home is urs so u happy with it can liao. Besides most of the working mum if not tired can do is up to ur own.

Don't mind what others say abt u. Coz its our own house and we have the say.
happy.gif

I getting very lazy now.

I am a full time working mum too, i mopped my floor twice a day, morning before i leave for my work and also when i got home after work. Not that i am hardworking but i got 3 children at home, cleanliness very important.

Back