IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Thanks lainelaine! Yes, this round i don't know why i just feel like doing bed rest. Maybe bcos of e cramps. Last round when i did my FET, i went back to work after 3 days feeling nothing. Hope this round will be good.

Hi ladies,

I'm about to embark on my 2nd cycle (natural FET) w KKH. First fresh ended as my menses arrived 2 days before scheduled blood test. Wonder if it's due to insufficient progesterone. Anyone with KK had additional progesterone support aside from the daily utrogestan inserts? Can we get additional support from private clinics if KKH refuses to do blood test to check progesterone levels and prescribe supports?

Thanks.
Hi @sarah2012.. I only received additional oral support when I started spotting 4 days before my scheduled BT.. Did you call KKIVFC when u started to spot?.. Cos I called them and was told to go down collect additional oral support and I oso told the counter ladies I wanna do an early blood test.. And they did it for me, no questions asked..

Hi babes, just some updates..went to see thh last Sat and was told that my first failed fresh cycle can be due to many reasons, though i transferred a grade 4 and grade 5..plus i just got my super zun af today, meaning trying naturally this month still resulted in a bfn..am abit emo now..sigh..thh said i still have 4 frozen embbies at d2, so i should feel consoled..he asked us not to give u hope n keep trying..but im really feeling abit sick to try n try n see red every month..he also explained to us why govt give us grants for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cos they know it is not so easy to succeed on the first time round..he said the earliest i can do FET will b in Sept..i asked him about my womb lining cos the embryo report didn't state anything and he said i'm a good candidate of a surrogate mum given the condition of my womb..i felt like asking him, 'then how come i still can't conceived yet?' but of course i held back la, didn't really ask him much..i only have to tell myself it's still not time yet..

I still have 1 grade 5, 2 grade 4s and 1 grade 3 there, so i guess i should be going for natural FET in mid Sept.. @rachelt, maybe u would like to add me in the list too? sigh..mondays already so blue and yet still let me see red..sian..hope can get through today faster..

Hi babes, just some updates..went to see thh last Sat and was told that my first failed fresh cycle can be due to many reasons, though i transferred a grade 4 and grade 5..plus i just got my super zun af today, meaning trying naturally this month still resulted in a bfn..am abit emo now..sigh..thh said i still have 4 frozen embbies at d2, so i should feel consoled..he asked us not to give u hope n keep trying..but im really feeling abit sick to try n try n see red every month..he also explained to us why govt give us grants for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cos they know it is not so easy to succeed on the first time round..he said the earliest i can do FET will b in Sept..i asked him about my womb lining cos the embryo report didn't state anything and he said i'm a good candidate of a surrogate mum given the condition of my womb..i felt like asking him, 'then how come i still can't conceived yet?' but of course i held back la, didn't really ask him much..i only have to tell myself it's still not time yet..

I still have 1 grade 5, 2 grade 4s and 1 grade 3 embbies there, so i guess i should be going for natural FET in mid Sept.. @rachelt

Dear all, I am new here... I am scheduled for my first fresh this aug/sep cycle. .. quite nervous abt the shots.... need some advice. .
Do I just wait till my af report then I call the number to kkhivf as briefed in the counselling session? I understand tht many do not have bfp for first fresh so just wondering after one failed cycle, how long do I need to wait for a next one?
Thanks in advance.

Dear all, I am new here... I am scheduled for my first fresh this aug/sep cycle. .. quite nervous abt the shots.... need some advice. .
Do I just wait till my af report then I call the number to kkhivf as briefed in the counselling session? I understand tht many do not have bfp for first fresh so just wondering after one failed cycle, how long do I need to wait for a next one?
Thanks in advance.
Hi.
Yes, call on your first day. Nurse will advise when to go for your 1st scan and to collect the meds.
Usually wait for 2 months after your failed cycle.

Hi Rachelt, no I didn't call as the sheet of paper given said that as long as not full flow it's ok. I started spotting several days prior also.
@sarah2012.. huh.. i dont care ar.. i just called.. cos my actual bt was on 4 Jul.. and I started spotting on 30 Jun.. den 1 jul i early morn called them liao..

I still have 1 grade 5, 2 grade 4s and 1 grade 3 there, so i guess i should be going for natural FET in mid Sept.. @rachelt, maybe u would like to add me in the list too? sigh..mondays already so blue and yet still let me see red..sian..hope can get through today faster..
@the_fruitful_one.. same for my case la.. no doctors will be able to tell us what exactly happened.. i had 2 Grade 5s ETed and still biochemical pregnancy.. and it's confirmed that grading is based on appearance only.. the actual quality of the embryos is not known.. i have 8 snowies now.. 3 Grade 5s.. 4 Grades 4s.. 1 Grade 3.. praying and hoping the 4 going for blast survive..so dont be too hard on urself.. And yes.. will add you to the list.. Let's jia you together :)

Hi rachelt,

Read from your earlier post that you will be going for intrallipid with Dr Loh. What's the procedure like? Is it done after ET and what's the frequency? If I have not seen Dr Loh b4, do I need to do a prior consultation before embarking on intrallipids?

Have not decided what to do, just keeping my options open for now. Thanks :)
@sarah2012.. i didnt go do it in the end.. prayed about it and felt not time yet.. i only did endo scratch with thh and taking my tcm herbs faithfully..

@rachelt, wow u have many good quality eggs! So good hor..i only have 4, so can only go for 2 FET before starting fresh cycle..i hope one of the 2 FET succeed and i dun have go through those injections anymore :( Yes, pls do have a PM thread so that we can encourage each other on this tough journey, pls include me too..hehe..

@Danielle_dilemma, welcome! though i know u very much do not wish to be in this thread (same for all of us too)..just had my first fresh in mid june n af came before my bt on 21 jul, so it's a failed cycle..was super sad cos of the high expectations (even thh said that too) initially didn't think that i would be able to survive the injections and ER, but surprisingly i did! Afterall it's not that scary la, but i agree that we do need lots of guts to go through the whole process..take care of urself and ur emotions during the 2ww especially, must learn to take it easy..this is something i failed to do during my 2ww..sigh..come my next cycle, i'll probably just take couple of days off and just come to work as usual..Felicia (thh's assistant) also said so, she said those who unknowingly got pregnant naturally also live life as per normal before they discover their pregnancies..

Just saw thh last wkend and he said earliest to do FET for me is in Sept, so is around 2 months after the failed cycle, which is the earliest la..of course he said 6 mths later do also can, it's up to us...anyway be positive @Danielle_dilemma! nobody expects a bfn on the first cycle! must keep on hanging to the hope, no matter how slim it is..i'm trying to tell myself that too..all the best!

@MichNg --- hi! Remember me? I think we talked in another forum afew months ago...n after tht I went thru to register myself!
Thanks for ur info. ;)

@the_fruitful_one --- thank you for your encouragement....!
actually I went thru emotion roller coaster after fixing appt with dr thh... my fear now is the shots... iwent googling on it n found so many different types of jabs! What's ER btw? Hehe... not familiar with all abbrev. :)

@MichNg --- hi! Remember me? I think we talked in another forum afew months ago...n after tht I went thru to register myself!
Thanks for ur info. ;)

actually I went thru emotion roller coaster after fixing appt with dr thh... my fear now is the shots... iwent googling on it n found so many different types of jabs! What's ER btw? Hehe... not familiar with all abbrev. :)
Hi,

ER means Egg Retrieval

Marilyn

Am also waiting for AF to report in Sept to start on fresh cycle. Hope this cycle will be a success. Good luck to all that will be going on fresh and fet!

Thanks for ur info. ;)

I remember, I hope things will be easier for you.

I just did my ET last Wed. It's my 2WW now too!! Do add me in e list. I'm quite new here. Jia you together n we all want BFP that I learn!

Any idea if additional progesterone support? My first IVF doc did alot of blood test to check on my progesterone level and estrogen level to provide better support. And my blood test last round was on day 9 after ET. Not very sure how come now it's day 17. I'm very worried that my body does't produce enough progesterone to support the pregnancy.

Hi lil mermaid,
Im really very encourage by you.
I had 2 ectopic
Oct 2013 - left tube removed
Mar 2014 - surgery on right tube
Im so scared on ectopic again
I thought IVF will reduce ep probability but Dr Tan said no. Its the same risk for IVF and natural.
Im currently seeing TSB too.
Sending u lotsa luck!

Hi lil mermaid,
Im really very encourage by you.
I had 2 ectopic
Oct 2013 - left tube removed
Mar 2014 - surgery on right tube
Im so scared on ectopic again
I thought IVF will reduce ep probability but Dr Tan said no. Its the same risk for IVF and natural.
Im currently seeing TSB too.
Sending u lotsa luck!
Dear jkoh,

Thanks.
And yes, the risk is still there.
Our worst fear, huh.
Well, all we can do is just try and keep trying and pray to god as much as we can. If god wills, it will be.

Dont ever give up.

Lots of luck to you too!

*sticky baby dust*

Marilyn

Hi, did anyone prepare their bodies 3 months before ivf? Like taking supplements etc? Care to share more?

Plan to embark on my 2nd ivf end of the year. Need some advice.

Hi, did anyone prepare their bodies 3 months before ivf? Like taking supplements etc? Care to share more?

Plan to embark on my 2nd ivf end of the year. Need some advice.

@bbpony I see a tcm, did acupuncture & slow jogging 2mths before my IVF during the 1st fresh. Other than that, I've already stopped all cold/cooling stuffs way before ivf.

I am feeling jittery as I think my af is due to report soon. Is it ok for dh to accompany for the first visit for the first scan for d2 d3?

@Danielle_dilemma do note that your dh cannot go inside the room with you when you do your scans. He gotta wait outside. But don't worry too much about the scan. It will be done before u know it. :)

@bbpony I see a tcm, did acupuncture & slow jogging 2mths before my IVF during the 1st fresh. Other than that, I've already stopped all cold/cooling stuffs way before ivf.

@Danielle_dilemma do note that your dh cannot go inside the room with you when you do your scans. He gotta wait outside. But don't worry too much about the scan. It will be done before u know it. :)
Are you in 2ww now?

@bbpony, I failed my 1st fresh last month. Resting for 2 cycles before embarking on my FET. However, everyone is different & there're also a number of people including my personal friends whom strike on 1st fresh. Ultimately, I feel that it's all about luck.

@bbpony.. From what i've read and gathered.. It seems that KKIVFC does their annual cleaning in Dec.. Maybe you'd like to double confirm that with IVFC or call KKH Booking hotline and leave a message for Felicia to call you back.. A nurse in Clinic D will call and you can ask her..

rachelt said:
@bbpony.. From what i've read and gathered.. It seems that KKIVFC does their annual cleaning in Dec.. Maybe you'd like to double confirm that with IVFC or call KKH Booking hotline and leave a message for Felicia to call you back.. A nurse in Clinic D will call and you can ask her..
Thanks! Will give them a call

You are right. They are cleaning the lab in Dec.

sorry to interrupt. @bbpony, so if KKIVFC is having cleaning in Dec, that means the whole month of Dec the lab is not available for IVF?? I am supposed to see Dr THH this friday and wanted to plan for IUI first then IVF by Dec de. If like that, probably the patients have to wait till Jan is it??

sorry to interrupt. @bbpony, so if KKIVFC is having cleaning in Dec, that means the whole month of Dec the lab is not available for IVF?? I am supposed to see Dr THH this friday and wanted to plan for IUI first then IVF by Dec de. If like that, probably the patients have to wait till Jan is it??
Maybe you can advise them your expected date of menses. They will advise you accordingly. Either bring forward till Nov or postpone to Jan.

Back