IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Wendy, ur description of dr tan hh was very apt. He is indeed quite good looking. I am under him too. Just did polyps removal surgery under him. Going to start my fresh cycle on late apr. me gonna see him on 13-apr for my followup wor. My counseling is on 2-apr though, before the appt.

Hi Hi sleepygal,

wish you all the luck. you must relax & rest more. I was very careful in my fresh cycle thinking i will sure get pregnant but it failed. Then in my next thawed cycle, i din pin any hope at all as i was already 37. I eat n do things per normal and when the nurse called n informed that I was pregnant.. I was stunned! Yes i know i m the lucky one. Remember dont stress yourself out too much ya in the 2ww. Have lotsa of fun n luck... baby dust to you. OH..... be prepared for the twins... hee

Thanks for the encouragement, Wendy. Were u working when u started the ivf programme? In a situation to decide whether to fire the boss or not. Very difficult to not to think abt it leh.

I do actually hope to get twins so that can close shop. Haha, fat hope, I know.

Hi Sleepygal,

I was working from then till now, but my boss very understanding, she is aware i was doing the IVF ... Haiz, pai mia people like me must work de. But If you dont work then you be too "free" n sure will stress yourself out. If you become pregnant first attempt then difficult to find job le wor. But choice is yours tho.
If you are young.. then chances of getting twins are higher. good luck. have faith!

hi ladies, does anyone knows whether is it possible to combine TCM and IVF in the same cycle? Means go for acupuncture and eat chinese medicine then do IVF in the same cycle?

wendy, i agree with you. but then my boss is a male somemore married with no kids, wont understand de. i also belong to the lao lu ming one, cant sit ard at home doing nothing de. lol...

me not that young anymore, 34 already, then got endo prob in the past and now low amh. haiz....

Hi ladies,

I'm back after a short hiatus... we saw Dr Tan on 16/3 for my AMH results, it was 1.3, not so ideal, but he still gave us options of SO-IUI or IVF since I am reaching 35 in June. As I prefer not to be on 2 weeks HL, I decided to try for one round of SO-IUI first and we will be doing it in April. So far the experience has been good with Dr. Tan, like many ladies here shared, he's mild-mannered but knowledgeable, cautiously positive and very easy to talk to, hubby and I are both impressed by how young he is (I was also impressed by how handsome he is! wahahhaha...)

So yep, now is just waiting for next AF to arrive, will be going to KKH on CD2 to start with injections!

hello everybody!! yes, this Tan HH is indeed very handsome and guess what, heard that he's a father of a 5 year old boy. i am so curious how his wife looks like..:p

@energeticsnake: it's not advisable to combine TCM and IVF simultaneously cos you will be having hormone jabs during IVF and the last thing you want is TCM to interfere. Tan HH is fine with TCM, but BEFORE IVF..

I also met Dr Tan on 16Mar. First time seeing him, after a 18-mth hiatus from Dr SF Loh. Dr Loh wanted me to try IVF then and it scared me off.

This time, finally bucked up the courage to do IVF. But Dr Tan wants us to try naturally first. Changed my medicine from Clomid to Letrozole and to see him again 1 month later.

The good thing is at least Letrozole doesnt have the terrible side effects like Clomid =)

dots&ribbons: what will be the effects you will have when you touched clomid? i know clomid will make your uterine lining thin.

Hi Summer, it was very bad for me. Symptoms similar to morning sickness - nausea, feeling bloated, keep burping, giddy, always feel like I wanna puke, headache. When I sleep at night on the bed, I feel as if I am on a boat. Sometimes, I will just sit up and sleep instead. Totally didnt sleep well.

Tried Clomid for almost 9months to 1 year then. Really dread it. This time when I try Letrozole, totally no feeling =P

Hi Summer,
In my fresh cycle.. i kept thinking i would get pregnant and was very careful in what i did & food i ate but then it failed. I embarked into the thawed cycle immediately and opted to have my remianing 3 embryos to be transfered. 1 embryo din make it in the thawing process & i had the remianing 2 embryos transfered. I din pay much attention afterwards and was expecting another negative result call from KKIVF... Brang!!! Miracle happened! i couldn't believe what i heard... ok saying so much... just relax and dont give up!!

sara, why u wanna change from dr lau to dr tan? i think u can just call the appointment hotline and check. should be ok cos i know some "changed lanes" 1/2 way

dots&ribbons: wow, that sounds like u are having pregnancy symptoms wor..ya ya, since it's affecting your lifestyle, change to alternative lo.

wendy: wow..such things are like that, but congrats!!

Hahahah! Yah, if it was really preggies, at least the torture was worth it. But it wasnt. Suffered so much under Clomid. So glad I could get rid of it =P

Thanks for the advise, Summer. So mean before the ET can still do Tcm then after ET don't do anything? Sorry, I m new to this, alot of questions.

energeticsnake: no, the moment u start IVF (when you inject yourself etc), you cannot touch TCM already, until the whole IVF cycle.

Ladies who undertook TCM before IVF is when they want to have better quality eggs and ladies who undertook TCM after IVF is when they failed and they want to nourish their bodies to prefer for the frozen cycle.

Thanks Summer.

Hi ladies, the long protocol means have to start injecting from this cycle day 21 all the way up to the next cycle? Wats the usual dosage of medications given? The medications got side effect or not ah? Paiseh, me very long winded.

waving to all!

i have seen our handsome dr this noon!

will be starting in apr/may ;) any cycle buddies? hee

Energeticsnake: I can't answer your queries as I am on short protocol. As for the side effects, it differs from pax to pax - se will get nauseous, bloatedness, hungry etc. some do not feel anything much..but one thing in common is the fear and sian ness of being jabbed.

mei2, me me. i will be ur cycle buddy. I am also starting on apr/may. this is my 1st cycle, though. haven went for the counselling yet.

Morning all!!

Babysmurf, ya man.. hee hope everything is good for u and bb
happy.gif
gettin real excited soo hor
happy.gif

Hi niko and energetic!

Niko, u went for the counselling already?

Energetic, booked the session alrdy? I waitin for them to call me after 2pm later.. will ask how much is the session oso
happy.gif
so looking forward keke

Mei2, yup. Booked to be counseled on 02-apr. oops, I forgot to ask abt the cost. Apparently, there r 2 sessions of counseling, 1 by the nurse, 1 by social worker. Then need to do blood test after the counseling.

energetic, oh thats fast.. 2 session within the same day?
they havent call me yet leh :p and are you oso inducin ur af and taking the pills and call them once af is here?

updates: received call earlier ans being schedule on the 9th noon.. cost abt 500+ on counselling and blood tests.. takes abt 2-3hrs for the sessions

Mei2, both sessions on the same day for urs? I dunno is mine on the same day or not leh. Dr Tan only says I will start when my apr menses is here cos I just did polyps removal surgery last week. Erm, I have no idea whether will he give me meds to induce menses or not.

Energetic, yup both on the same day hence the 2-3hrs lo.. ic ic i have the med and bcp last sat too.. alrdy start to take the med to that induce af today.. i calculated that i will start my cycle on the 1st week of May then 2 weeks+/- of jabs..

Mei2, sorry to kaypo. They told u both r same day or u request to be on same day? I tink I should call them to double check le.

energetic, not a problem.. we are here to share! wahahah

i asked them how long is the session, the nurse says its abt 2.5 to 3hrs ( 1st 1-1 with nurse and 1 group counselling).

urs is next tues so i think better dbl check hee mine is the week after urs nia

oh ya, the intro sessions are such that 1-to-1 session with the nurse, she will run through the process and costs and this is the best time to ask her Q. the group counselling is not really counselling - more of watching video on how the IVF process works and then the doc will ask you sign some forms like "will u consent to un-used embryos to be used for experiments etc"

Mei2, yup booked the session with the medical social worker on the same day. But time is quite tight. Have to proceed straight to the social counseling immediately after the nurse session.

Huh, there is a group counseling too? I dunno wor.

Mei2, this is my 2nd IVF. My first IVF was on last year and I had a miscarriage after that. I will be on short protocol this time and no need to go for counselling but have to repeat basic blood tests. I have requested to do it in May due to my hectic work schedule. May will be an off month for me, so I think it will be nice to take a good rest as well.

energetic, i think the group one is the video showing as wat summer mentioned..

niko, ic ic.. this time will be +ve for u! you still remember how long is the HL given to you on the 1st time?

i used to remove a polyp also, it's a small piece of fatty tissue right? i remember everytime have sex i will bleed due to the polyp. did that happen to you?

Summer, I din have any issues with the polyp, only infertility ba. It's an abnormal growth in the womb cavity affecting the endometrial lining.

Sara, at first it was discovered during TCS (another type of HSG) 2 yrs back. That time, I was not under dr tan yet. The other doc said that it will disappear on the subsequent cycles, so no concern. But then when I showed the report to dr tan, he ordered for a sonogram to confirm it. So after confirming, I just went for the ops lor.

Back