IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi pinky devil,

Have you checked with ur gynae how much it would cost at mt. E? I did it 2 yrs back at mt. A and it was about $180+.. Maybe you can call up kkh to check if it's required for u to see a doc at kkh before u can do the hsg there.. If consultation+hsg is more than hsg alone at mt. E, then maybe can just do at mt. E.. The doctors doing the hsg are usually the radiologists..

Had my 1st appt with THH today, generally he is quite a friendly man to talk with but oso busy walking in and out of hisroon.

Hi min

My fertility doctor is Christine yap from mount e. she recommended paragon radalink etc ... The whole procedure will cost 240 exclude doctors fee and the antibiotic.

I don't know if I shd do
sad.gif
I am in a dilemma

Pinky devil,

Don't worry too much about the procedure.. It's actually very simple and pretty fast.. Will be good to do if you've been ttc-ing for more than a yr, can check if all is ok with the fallopian tubes.. More for peace of mind too, if all is well, you won't have to worry further about the tubes right
happy.gif
I think it's fine to get it done at either hosp, so do compare the total costs (procedure+consultation+medication) on both sides to save money
happy.gif
All the best!

morning min81,

Can i know what to expect for the procedure?
Its supposed to be done after AF isit?

Thanks!

thanks sparkles
happy.gif

so after the HSG, will discuss with Dr on whats the next step.. any idea possible to start the IVF/ICSI after appt or have to wait for next cycle of AF again?

Hi Sarah,

I didnt keep track of the date but i asked the nurse when is the earliest appt available for Dr Tan and booked that date.

Hope my answer helps
happy.gif

Hi Sarah, it depends on the timing u can make it. we just called last Friday and were informed his first available weekday appt was 19 Feb and his first available weekend slot was 16 March. After considering DH's schedule, we've booked an appt to see him on 22/2. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

Sarah, yup my 1st appt last week
happy.gif
going to see him again after HSG for next step discussion lo
happy.gif
good luck to u too!!

sparkles, i agreed! haa he was on the phone when doing scanning on me :p

sparkles, haa not long chat so he quickly hang up and continue the scanning
happy.gif
am ok la coz he did focus on the screen :p

oh u did IUI.. when u suppose to see him? mayb can discuss with him lo
happy.gif
and i do hope its not the red witch that is visiting u.. good luck!!

sparkles, as long no see then got chance
happy.gif
stay positive ya!

ya afterall IVF have higher percentage then IUI.

Trying for the 1st or 2nd baby?

Sarah,

the wait on actual day abt an hr+ and last abt 15mins including scanning.. abit of time after that for booking hubby's SA and drawing some blood for hormone test off me.

I'm 32 and trying for a few years for #2 but no avail (had 1 bio chemical and 1 ectopic) after my boy too.. so IVF is our last resort
happy.gif

Hi Sarah, I called the KKH appointment hotline to book the appt with Dr Tan - 62944050. The recep will inform you, because you request to see a specific doctor, you will be charge private patient's rate, it should be $102/visit, not inclusive of any tests he orders.

my intro: We have been trying for a first child since Oct 2010, I am reaching 35 in June this yr, and hubby is 6 yrs older.

Currently seeing Dr Tan Kian Sing (Clementi) for TCM

hihi, have puregon pen, unused swaps and syringe to let go free. self collect soonest at yishun. pls sms 9843 542zero. thanks.

Sarah, you're right about grants eligibility. As for whether it's advisable to see TCM and gynae at the same time, my opinion is you shd seek the advice of your personal doctors, TCM physicians usually see their treatment as complementary to the scientific approach, i.e. they improve the quality of our eggs/sperm as well as tune our hormones to support pregnancy when it actually happens, but you're right as well. Gynaes will also prescribe hormonal meds to prep our body for conception so personally I would let both doctors know if you are keen on simultaneously seeking both treatments...

Hi hi, I am new to this forum too. Also called recently to make appointment at KKH and was handed to Dr Tan. Appt in Mar... Such a long time!

Now seeing TCM in the meantime.

Nana, it depends on the quality of yr eggs in the first place. Infertility does not mean egg quality is bad. For e.g. I read online that taking royal jelly improves fertility, but when I asked my TCM physician his advice was it depends on my FSH (measured by a blood test on cycle day 2), if FSH is already high, royal jelly will only make it worse.

So instead of trying to take yr own remedies, best to take the necessary tests to find out the reason your TTC is taking so long, before embarking on any tonic/supplement regime.

oh ya ladies,

can i ask.. after my HSG then appt with Dr Tan.. do i still have to wait for another cycle of AF before starting?

Mei2: u need to see what queue slots left for IVF. Then u can start on that month when ur af come. If af irregular, dr will give u med to induce ur af. That how it works in Kkh.

In the mean while u can start to tiao both your body like taking supplement or Tcm. Cos usually all these need to take abt 3mths to see the effects.

Babysmurf, oh.. means still have to wait for the next AF zzz.. so ma fan! :p i still tot i can start in early march liao haa! what supplement would u recommend coz i dun go for TCM
happy.gif

Sparkles, noted with thanks!

Mei: some sisters take royal jelly, coq10, Blackmore conceive well. Hubby can take multi mineral. Gold kiwi good in vit c. If can do some brisk walk or swim. Can start taking now. Cos supplement will take abt 3mths to see the result. When start program can the ensure milk.

Hi Summer,

How are you doing now?

I just got my BT's results and hubby's SA.. but i guess i still have to wait for dr to explain to me coz there 2 is out of reference range.

and i'm still waiting for my AF to come, took duphaston to induce.

Hi All,

I've been seeing Tan HH since Aug'12. He has been urging me to go for IVF as I am turning 37 this year. So far has tried clomid but it does not work. Anyway has registered for IVF. Mine will be on a short protocol! Waiting for them to call me for counselling session! All tests have been done thus we can go ahead anytime.

Hi choy!

Clomid doesnt work for me as well.. can i ask what tests u have done so far before the cycle?

Good luck too! Hee

I used to be under SF Loh until he left KKH. Ate Clomid and it didnt work for me too =( Now making appointment to see Tan HH. Waited for 2 months for this appointment and just received an SMS that my appointment has to be rescheduled =(((

Hi dots,

i just call to book appt coz was told to see him 1 week after HSG but no slots!! the next one available will be 3rd of MAY
sad.gif

Did u check why was it reschedule?

sparkles, u took metformin for PCOS? it helps to control.. ya will have alot of eggs but we just need @ least 1 rite.. cheer up!

my AMH is at 4.9 ng/ML.. dunno isit good onot oso.. havent got the chance to see him yet, i just request for the result to post to me.

Hi Mei2
I received an SMS that he is on conference leave. Was told to wait for letter. But I had bad experience with their 'lettersystem'.

I used to be under Dr SF Loh. Wasn't told that he was leaving. One day, I received a letter from KKH that my new doc is Dr TanHH and my appointment was 2 days before the letter was mailed out (as seen on the stamp of the envelope). So duh that I didnt go back after that.

Anyway, they are better now. I called them and they said system wasnt updated. They will get a nurse to call me back and she did on that day. Managed to get another appointment, so on target to see Dr Tan in Mar still =)

Sorry ah, me still very new here. What does HSG and AMH mean?

Thanks Mei2. Oh oh, then I have done HSG, though it was 2 years ago. I hope I don't have to do it again.

Will update all of you once I get to see him. But I have irregular cycles, not too sure if it will complicate matters.

Hi ladies,

Im also with Tan HH, im going for my 1st round of FET tomorrow as i failed IVF once. Hopefully it will be successful this time round.

Anyone doing FET here?

Morning all!

Hi ladybuggy, good luck!!

dots, me goin see him on 23rd tis month
happy.gif
Nurse called earlier and give me this good news haa
oh i have irregular cycles too.. used to have PCOS but based on last scan its cleared but my menses will still get haywire though.. Hope we all can get good news with him

Mei2: me too see dr tan on 23 march. I called their line to change appt they giving me earlier may lol. Even I told them I abt to due to delivery in may lol. Then I so angry ask to call dr tan's assistance to call me lol. Terrible call centre.

morning babysmurf!

^5! really cannot make it.. somehow i felt its better to make appt directly with dr tan's assistant LOL! :p

btw do u still remember ur 1st few visit with dr? it will be my 2nd time seeing him on the 23rd and i guess he will explain the bt result as well as the SA's result.. can i tell him that we are considering IVF st8 instead of other options? If so, will he refer us directly to ivf centre and continue from there? like the counselling session etc?

hee thanks in advance!

sparkles, my ovaries was cleared based on the scanning at dr's office.. mayb its in the hormones coz i dont have regular AF still.. ya there is no cure but can be controlled thru metformin lo *that's wat my gynae told me

i got my #1 solely on metformin though and clomid i had 6 cycles but no luck.. hmm mayb u wanna check with dr about consuming metformin together with the jab to see if it clashes onot.

Mei2, your situation sounds similar to mine. My AF is very irregular, could be as long as 6-8 months apart. Went to a couple of gynaes and it was Dr Loh who diagnosed me with 'PCOS and insulin resistant'.

He said my body cant fully break down sugar. So it will produce more insulin than most people. Insulin is a hormone and with higher insulin levels in the body, the body will produce higher levels of male hormones. So my female organs go into 'sleeping' stage, just doesnt work cos male hormones too high.

I was given metformin which helps to break down sugar. And it did helped to regularise my period.

dots, yup we are similar.. i still havent take the LH, FSH blood test yet though, not sure needed for dr tan's record onot.

sparkles, i took 2 oso but stopped for quite some time liao haha.. getting lazy :p
indeed its annoying!! like a time bomb keke

btw good luck to ur So-IUI this time! :D stay positive

Mei2: if ur previous cycling is with Kkh, dr tan will know what to offer to u after reviewing both ur result. For ivf program, he will discuss with u what type of jab using n ur protocol is long or short. Then his assistant will bring u over to ivf centre on that day to take a slot.

In the mean while, u may also check with dr tan whether to take any medication to induce ur Af n to help ovlating. Stay health during this period of time while wait for ur slot. Bbdust to you. Maybe get to see u on 23march.

babysmurf, its my 1st time with kkh hee so looking forward to see him!! cant wait to start the cycle haha! yeah mayb can get to see u hehe
thanks thanks!!

Hi all,

I was under Dr Tan HH and it was a sucessful. My twins (1 boy & 1 girl) are already 6.5mths old. both very healthy babies. My 1st fresh cycle failed but i got pregnant in the thawed cycle. Oh Dr Tan is a very handsome man.. i was lost in words while waiting for him during my eggs retrival.. suddenly a handsame guy appeared and self-intro he is Dr Tan HH... I was lost in tunned & before i can react... i was already knocked out... hee

Back