IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

meilingg

Hello all!

Not sure if there is related thread.

Was wondering if anyone is going thru or went thru ivf program with Dr Lau?

Would like to know more...

I will be going thru the program this month depending when my menses will be coming...

Thanks in advanced!

- Meiling

Hi meiling! I'm with Dr Matthew lau from kkh too! Which stage are u at now? My hubby and I just went for blood tests and briefing today. As my menses is irregular, I'll be on med to induce my cycle. So probably starting ivf in mar. Hope to hear from u soon. So far no problem with Dr lau.

Hello @sumiko83 !

I'm waiting for my menses to come. Should start this month.

I also got irregular menses. But they never say wanna induce for me...

They told me if by end feb still never come then call them up, i guess by then they will induce bah...

I see.. Dr prescribed dydrogesterone to induce my menses. Have to take 2 tabs for 10 days.
What's your actual problems? Mine is hubby's low sperm count and poor quality. He smokes. :(
R u taking folic acid? Must take yea and also start to drink red dates and longan tea.

Same as u, hubby low sperm low. Yup i been eating folic acid since my 1st consultation with dr lau.

What is yea? Yup i start drink red dates but not everyday cos now weather so hot so i take alternate day.

My yea means must take folic acid ok.. haha.. I drink the tea everyday. I didn't boil it just put all and hot water in a flask.
I haven't start but I'm not feeling hopeful about it. Haiz.. This is bad..

Same here. I also don't boil it, too mafan...

Gonna try drinking red bean soup also...

Why u not feeling hopeful?

My hubby also still smoking...

Did ur hubby eat any medicine?

Mine don't, cos he don't like. I used to make him eat quite a few... So now only ask him eat brazil nuts...

Yep eat red bean soup too.. but I hben start eating.. I'm just mixed feeling.. my hubby taking the supplements that doc prescribed. I kept nagging him to quit. So stressful for both of us.

The vitamins? Dr lau also asked him to eat that. That time during my clomid cycles he did eat for 4 mths... Before that i asked him to eat chinese medicine. Now that vitamins supplements he also dun wan eat liao...

For smoking he used to smoke mentol. Last year he change to something else...

I guess hard for them to totally quit. But i will grumble at times when he smokes...

I tried clomid once with my previous doc at Thomson. It didn't help. Then I trsf to kkh. Dr lau said our success rate for clomid is even lower than ivf. So no point continuing. We decided very quickly without second thought on ivf.
Hope both of us will soon soon proceed with the treatment and hear good news from each other. All the best. :)

Good morning!

Yup, he did said that clomid might or might not help. Cos he thinks i might not be ovulating well.

Hubby dont want me to go thru ivf in the first place. That's why doc gave me clomid and try. While trying, i tried to persuade him about ivf also. And he finally give in.

Yup, wish us good luck! We needs loads of baby dust~

I think my menses will be here these few days... Just saw some spottings on panty & when i wipe...

Good. I'm starting my oral med to induce menses today.
Don't forget to call them on your first day of your full menses. Meanwhile stock up those nutritional food. Jiayou and keep me updated. Hope everything goes smoothly. :)

Good morning!

Yup yup, guess really have grab hubby along and stock up before menses come...

What are the food that you are stocking up?

I read that some drink ensure milk and chicken essence during the 2ww.

I have been eating brazil nuts since last week.

Guess i will stock more, plus chicken essence...

ensure life is to start drinking during 2ww right?

Having bad cramps now... hate it~~~

How many pcs of the nut do u take everyday? I just drink ensure life alternate day.. starting today only.

She asked me to anytime from 9 to 11. I asked her if i go at 9, also 4hrs? she said yes.

I guess cos tomorrow is friday. Cos she said it will be super crowded...

I wonder how long will mine takes... heard from others that got scan then review then collect medicines before the nurse will teach me how to inject...

Yes yes! Have to remind myself to take things easy... Boss still ask if i wan to take a day off tomorrow, she guess after all the waiting by then i will be tired.

Yup. Maybe it's good to take a break tomorrow before my stimulation starts...

Shall see how things goes tomorrow...

My lining was 12. Dr lau asked the nurse to give me 3 days of injection. Just did 1 just now. Thanks to the fats, it wasn't pain afterall. Shall see tomorrow i self inject will be a smooth one or not.

Monday going back to have my scan again. Hope by then my lining will drop...

I see.. so thick lining isn't a good thing? Arh.. I also have some tummy fats.. hee..
I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I'm afraid I'll develop ohss. .

Ya. Thick lining not good. Lining 12 should be during ovulation.

I asked the nurse who taught me the injection. During menses should be around 6.

She said maybe cos my menses is like 1 day alot 1 day little then next day alot again...

Oh ya the nurse asked me to reach kkivf next mon 10am. She said go early also have to wait so long, might as well reach later.

My last menses was in Dec. . So I guess my lining is also quite thick? What time did u have your scan this morn? Your appt time was 9 right?

No appointment time. The nurse i spoke to yesterday told me to go between 9 to 11. I reached at 8 already 30 ppl infront me...

My manager just slipped her mouth that one of my colleague is expecting for #2. My colleague don't wanna let me know cos she knows im trying hard, don't want to upset me...

Let's take it easy. I'm a teacher, in a female dominating working environment. Some trs easily conceived. And twins somemore, naturally. And here we are trying so hard. What can we say.. who can we blame.. so let's not be too hard on ourselves..

My ivf cycle starts today. Just learnt how to inject using puregon pen...

Next scan will be next mon...

That's good. . Means u do not have much disruption. Hope your simulation will proceed smoothly. Do u used to have pcos? I have so I'm worried of having ohss.

Yup. Luckily only go back next week. Although boas supportive but also not nice to affect job.

Nope, i don't have pcos.

Don't think too much. Just let nature take course...

When you going back?

I'm still waiting for my menses.. hee. . Taking oral med to induce.. it's a 10 days course and I'm at my 5th day only..

Yup! I will! I got a bad head spinning just now when i got home. I guess is one of the side effect... I hope it wont be everyday...

For the sake of bb, endure!

Yes, endure!! have enough rest and plenty of water. Weather is really hot. Need to keep hydrated.

Back