IVF/ICSI Support Group

Congrats!! Thanks for spreading the baby dust and hope. A first time success is really encouraging. Do you mind sharing your age range too? And ur reason behind why u embark on your IVF journey? Thks

I'm in my early thirties.The reason for ivf is un explained Secondery infertility.My first pregnancy was natural.TTC for second one for two years without success.Dr Roland was very confident in my case.he never forced me for ivf.he said U will definitely get pregnant ur own,but we can't say when.i didn't want to wait more, as we grow old even bfp with ivf is difficult he is my 4 th gyne,no one could diagnosis the reason behind my infertility

Hi Ladies,

Anyone with PCOS have success IVF? I will be starting my fresh cycle this month.

Previously had 2 IUI, 2 Fresh, 3 FET. All BFN

Hi hi,
I succeeded with my 3rd FET with pcos condition. My amh is >100. You can check my posts for my history and pm me if you have any questions. All the best!! :)

Great ,so u r having twin now?What was ur first beta level

1300 then a week later was 23k.. during first scan at wk6 he check every where just to make sure the other didn't implant somewherelse
Who knows a week later saw 2 hb we were all in a shock. He explained tats y he practise u/s at wk 6&7 in case really miss out like my case.

1300 then a week later was 23k.. during first scan at wk6 he check every where just to make sure the other didn't implant somewherelse
Who knows a week later saw 2 hb we were all in a shock. He explained tats y he practise u/s at wk 6&7 in case really miss out like my case.
Babe at 6w scan did you see a fetal pole yet? I was scanned exactly at 6w0d but no fetal pole yet just yolk sac and gest sac. Told to rescan at 8w.

Babe at 6w scan did you see a fetal pole yet? I was scanned exactly at 6w0d but no fetal pole yet just yolk sac and gest sac. Told to rescan at 8w.

Yup I saw w hb.. no worries different ppl different growth pregnancy stage so try again 1-2 weeks later..dun Tik too much

Hi ladies
Been years since I visited this thread
Went to see my fertility dr today and he said will put me on kkivf waiting list
Estimated can start on Apr or may next year
Wondering if anyone starting about the same time as me?
Care to share what yall are doing to prep your body? Tia

Hi ladies
Been years since I visited this thread
Went to see my fertility dr today and he said will put me on kkivf waiting list
Estimated can start on Apr or may next year
Wondering if anyone starting about the same time as me?
Care to share what yall are doing to prep your body? Tia

Mine will be in april too. Yet to receive their call for briefing. Meanwhile, im hoping i can conceive naturally during this period..

Mine will be in april too. Yet to receive their call for briefing. Meanwhile, im hoping i can conceive naturally during this period..
there's a blood test to be done 2weeks before isit uh..? Briefing is for everyone even if I've done ivf before? I totally forgot how this thing works man.. Anyway all the best hope u conceive before Apr :)

Reactions: cen
hi everyone

does anyone know how many days it take to thaw D2 frozen embies and culture them to blastocysts? Is it 1 day to thaw + 5 days?

hi everyone

does anyone know how many days it take to thaw D2 frozen embies and culture them to blastocysts? Is it 1 day to thaw + 5 days?
Thawing itself is very fast. Less than hour. If ur embryo are D2 then 3 more waiting days to become blasts or early blasts.

Thanks b3lieves, I am trying to stay upbeat but it's hard. I tested on a First Response kit which is supposed to be very sensitive. Been having mild cramps past few days so worried that AF is coming.
I totally understand how you are feeling now and its really tough... when is your bt?

It's another devestating result today especially Christmas is coming. Menses came today before my BT on 28 Dec. I had transfer 2 d6 blasto on last Sat. Wonder what's wrong of my body that case the failure or both medicated n natural ET.

It's another devestating result today especially Christmas is coming. Menses came today before my BT on 28 Dec. I had transfer 2 d6 blasto on last Sat. Wonder what's wrong of my body that case the failure or both medicated n natural ET.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs!

You transferred on 10 Dec? I trans on 12 Dec and likely BFN too. Tested a few different sticks all bfn.

Is it full menses? Maybe could be implantation bleeding.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs!

You transferred on 10 Dec? I trans on 12 Dec and likely BFN too. Tested a few different sticks all bfn.

Is it full menses? Maybe could be implantation bleeding.

Yup ET on 10 Dec. Today feeling cramps n n follow by staining. Seems like it's the full Menses now. Feel so lost.

Last edited:
It just hasnt been a good year. Did 4 ivf (2 fresh 2 fet) and got my 1st positive beta only this cycle. Yet, it was a chemical pregnancy. Super upset about it.

Trying to think positive by saying tt at least I managed to get pregnant once. But very hard to sustain tt thought.

Want to ask, how long did u all rest ur body before the next fresh? Will be going for my last fresh already and just want to tiao my body with tcm before that and I wonder how long should I take?

It just hasnt been a good year. Did 4 ivf (2 fresh 2 fet) and got my 1st positive beta only this cycle. Yet, it was a chemical pregnancy. Super upset about it.

Trying to think positive by saying tt at least I managed to get pregnant once. But very hard to sustain tt thought.

Want to ask, how long did u all rest ur body before the next fresh? Will be going for my last fresh already and just want to tiao my body with tcm before that and I wonder how long should I take?

I did 3 fresh n 1 fet in 2012 alone n none bfp. Then I switch to another fertility dr to try my luck. It was Aso after the 4 failures I started seeing tcm n accupuncture to tiao my body. Had a 6 Mths break then Bfp on 3rd fresh but mc at wk8. This time I took 8 Mths break before I embark 4th fresh. After all the experience I believe no need to rush into another try fast, most impt u have enough rest mentally n physically.

Merry Xmas ladies. I need some help. My menses started yesterday and I was in JB. Wasn't too sure if it was full flow cos I have had weird menses pattern all along. Usually I spot for 5 to 6 days but this month it was only 2, so didn't expect it to come.

No one is working at KKIVF center today and probably won't be open till 27th. Is it too late for me to call the clinic on day 4 to check on whether I should start the meds for FET? Thing is I'm not even sure if I can do FET in Jan due to kk's CNY shutdown.

Merry Xmas ladies. I need some help. My menses started yesterday and I was in JB. Wasn't too sure if it was full flow cos I have had weird menses pattern all along. Usually I spot for 5 to 6 days but this month it was only 2, so didn't expect it to come.

No one is working at KKIVF center today and probably won't be open till 27th. Is it too late for me to call the clinic on day 4 to check on whether I should start the meds for FET? Thing is I'm not even sure if I can do FET in Jan due to kk's CNY shutdown.
Hi Almondearie,
I called kkivf on Friday asking about the menses, as I'm worried my menses will come over the weekend. Here's what the nurse said:
If menses report anytime before Sunday 12pm, please call kkivf on 27th at 8.30am, they will ask u to go for a scan on the day itself, so be prepared to travel down. If menses report after Sunday 12pm, scan can be done on Wed. I'm still waiting for my menses to come though... Argh...
Hopes it helps....

Hi Almondearie,
I called kkivf on Friday asking about the menses, as I'm worried my menses will come over the weekend. Here's what the nurse said:
If menses report anytime before Sunday 12pm, please call kkivf on 27th at 8.30am, they will ask u to go for a scan on the day itself, so be prepared to travel down. If menses report after Sunday 12pm, scan can be done on Wed. I'm still waiting for my menses to come though... Argh...
Hopes it helps....

Thanks HavingHope! You're a life saver!

I did 3 fresh n 1 fet in 2012 alone n none bfp. Then I switch to another fertility dr to try my luck. It was Aso after the 4 failures I started seeing tcm n accupuncture to tiao my body. Had a 6 Mths break then Bfp on 3rd fresh but mc at wk8. This time I took 8 Mths break before I embark 4th fresh. After all the experience I believe no need to rush into another try fast, most impt u have enough rest mentally n physically.

Thanks for reassuring me that waiting is fine. think the emotional part is harder than the physical. Very hard to heal emotionally.

During ur break, besides tcm and acupuncture, were there any other changes to ur lifestyle that you think helped to attain ur bfp?

Yup ET on 10 Dec. Today feeling cramps n n follow by staining. Seems like it's the full Menses now. Feel so lost.

Awww sorry. :( This is so hard. I hope you feel better soon. Spend this Christmas with your loved ones and try to be positive ok? I know it's easier said then done.. I got BFN today at 12dp3dt so I know it's game over for me too. Let's cry all we want, then pick ourselves up and go for it again. HUGS

Hi mountainbaby, I just read on a website by a IVF doc, he said that as long as you have been preg before (whether it was viable or not), you have more hope than those of us who has never, ever, BFP before. So try to focus on this and think happy thoughts... I think your idea to tiao with TCM is very good. 3-6 months is probably ideal!

Good luck and hope you get your lovely baby soon.

Thanks for reassuring me that waiting is fine. think the emotional part is harder than the physical. Very hard to heal emotionally.

During ur break, besides tcm and acupuncture, were there any other changes to ur lifestyle that you think helped to attain ur bfp?

Sad to say I find out I have diabetes, was on medication n I cut down on carbo n all sugar drinks . I Tik Tat helps in my 2nd bfp.

Those ladies did medicated FET before did you all start of progynova after BT? Im with NUH n can only go on day 3 for blood test as it's closed tomorrow..

Those ladies did medicated FET before did you all start of progynova after BT? Im with NUH n can only go on day 3 for blood test as it's closed tomorrow..
I m with kkh but dun rem doing any blood test during the cycle. But i started taking progynova on D5 in my last medicated FET in Oct though.

Those who got pregnant and miscarriage are those embryo most likely with chromosome disorder.

That's what I was told by my gynae.

Just sharing.
Been quite sometime since I logged on....merry Xmas to all brave sisters here. I think it's almost v true that embryos have chromosome issues that's why miscarriages occur. I have been thru 3 fresh 2 fet and 3 miscarriages. It was blamed on my endo and adeno till I did karyorype and found out that we have chromosome issues. So finally therr is some light shed. So far thru my search I have not come across sisters who got preggy after pgd and had miscarriages. Thus its true the best embryo hand selected and bfp will survive.

Not many will do karyotype or pgd. So it's v difficult to determine the cause. Have known sisters who managed to conceive natural or ivf without pgd and have kids with syndrome and other challenges. But the subsequent kids they do pgd and have normal kids.

Been quite sometime since I logged on....merry Xmas to all brave sisters here. I think it's almost v true that embryos have chromosome issues that's why miscarriages occur. I have been thru 3 fresh 2 fet and 3 miscarriages. It was blamed on my endo and adeno till I did karyorype and found out that we have chromosome issues. So finally therr is some light shed. So far thru my search I have not come across sisters who got preggy after pgd and had miscarriages. Thus its true the best embryo hand selected and bfp will survive.

Not many will do karyotype or pgd. So it's v difficult to determine the cause. Have known sisters who managed to conceive natural or ivf without pgd and have kids with syndrome and other challenges. But the subsequent kids they do pgd and have normal kids.

Where did u do karyotype testing? PGD is only done if the couple has known genetic disorders correct? Or can it be requested?

Where did u do karyotype testing? PGD is only done if the couple has known genetic disorders correct? Or can it be requested?

My hubby and I have done karyotype testing at NUH. From there doc will recommend if PGD will be needed. Yes PGD is only done if couple have known genetic disorder or chromosome imbalance.

Last edited:

Hi dear... karotype done on your hubby and yourself or on mc bb? I did karyotype on my mc bb last June and results came back normal. Thus my doctor told me not necessary to do karyotype on hubby and myself...

So what the next course of action ?

Back