IVF/ICSI Support Group

Here are some of the established private REs.

Dr sf loh - TFC
Dr ronald chieng - Vitus fertility
Dr suresh nair - Mt E
Dr LC Cheng - TMC
Dr sheila loh - RH
Dr LC Foong - GlenE

I am with dr lc cheng from TMC since my 1st cycle and bfp on my first fet with him.
Hi sister, thank you for your reply. How much for the fresh cycle in TMC ?

I can't help feeling worried. I did the following hpts since 2 days ago in order:

1) 12Dec - 7dp5dt. Very very faint +ve
2) 13Dec - 8dp5dt. Very faint +ve, but slightly darker than 12Dec
3) 14Dec - 9dp5dt. Very very faint +ve, seemed to be more faint than 12Dec and 13Dec.
4) I then tried the digital kit, the result was 1-2 weeks pregnant.

With the decrease in intensity of +ve line over 2 days, could it be an indication of chemical pregnancy?

IMG_3741.JPG

Will looking for private gyne for next fresh cycle. Any doctor to recommend ?

Can try Dr Sheila Loh. I BFP-ed under her. She recommended me to do my IVF even though I had a cyst and adeno instead of going for a surgery. In the end, I BFP even though I only had 1 normally fertilized embryo but the cyst shrank after pregnancy. I like how she's very confident of what she's doing.

Hi ladies,

Can I check if I am able to go for hair colouring, manicure & swimming before going for the IVF process. I will be in the Feb cycle. This is my first time trying IVF and hoping that it will succeed

Hi ladies,

Can I check if I am able to go for hair colouring, manicure & swimming before going for the IVF process. I will be in the Feb cycle. This is my first time trying IVF and hoping that it will succeed
Hi Jill, you should be able to. I did manicure and weekly swimming and only stopped after ET. For colouring if you're only doing IVF in Feb, I guess it's safe to do so now but not any later as I heard the chemicals can stay in your body for 3 months (though I may be mistaken).

I can't help feeling worried. I did the following hpts since 2 days ago in order:

3) 14Dec - 9dp5dt. Very very faint +ve, seemed to be more faint than 12Dec and 13Dec.

With the decrease in intensity of +ve line over 2 days, could it be an indication of chemical pregnancy?

View attachment 669422
Hi Onigirigirl, if u haven't started bleeding it's a good chance it's not a CP. I wouldn't trust the darkness of those hpts very much. When is your beta? Maybe you can call up n request for an earlier beta or walk into a pte clinic. All the best!!!

Hi Jill, you should be able to. I did manicure and weekly swimming and only stopped after ET. For colouring if you're only doing IVF in Feb, I guess it's safe to do so now but not any later as I heard the chemicals can stay in your body for 3 months (though I may be mistaken).

Thanks @Vk85 for your reply. I was intending to Colour my hair, do manicure & go Swimming in mid of Jan before CNY which is few weeks before my 1st Jab.

I thk in this case if the chemical will stay in the body for 3 months, I will forgo the harsh chemical hair treatment and manicure

Hi all, just for your info, I have started a whatapps chat for 2017 Ivf mummies. For those who have succeeded and keen to join the chat, pm me.

I totally agree with you as I have experienced 4 repeated implantation failures with excellent grade embryos so was determined to do next Ivf with pgd at Dr Wiwat's clinic in BKk if my last FET in Dec didn't work. I was so devastated that I even made appointments with Dr Wiwat and Dr Sheila Vasoo even before my 2ww ended. Sometimes we just want to try all means, persevere on and all in hope of succeeding in carrying a viable pregnancy within our womb one day. Don't give up ladies, Jia you k!
Hi sister , may I know what is pgd for ? Can choose gender ? How about the cost ?

Can try Dr Sheila Loh. I BFP-ed under her. She recommended me to do my IVF even though I had a cyst and adeno instead of going for a surgery. In the end, I BFP even though I only had 1 normally fertilized embryo but the cyst shrank after pregnancy. I like how she's very confident of what she's doing.
Thank you for your info sister

Hi Onigirigirl, if u haven't started bleeding it's a good chance it's not a CP. I wouldn't trust the darkness of those hpts very much. When is your beta? Maybe you can call up n request for an earlier beta or walk into a pte clinic. All the best!!!
Thanks for your reply Vk85. There is no bleeding as yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Beta is on next monday. I'll be getting an earlier beta test in pte clinic first.

So more success with 5dt? Cos I'm not left with many surviving eggs at day5 and they are not blast yet sigh... Maybe nothing to transfer anymore

Hi ladies,

Don't do manicure if you intend to Colour your nails. Nail polish and perfumed products are some of the worst for fertility. Read this in "it started with the Egg" book. Hair colouring I'm not sure, I did Colour my hair a few days before staring stims...

Hi ladies,

Hi Jill,
My cycle is in Dec and I actually went hair colouring and rebonding in early November... the chemical should be gone by then... that's what I feel and all the more I dun wanna do any chemical treatment to my hair during the ivf process... or during pregnancy

Don't do manicure if you intend to Colour your nails. Nail polish and perfumed products are some of the worst for fertility. Read this in "it started with the Egg" book. Hair colouring I'm not sure, I did Colour my hair a few days before staring stims...

Hi @catinthesky. Yes I am also afraid of it. Ya I have also read that perfume actually worsen the IVF cycle. I will try to leave my hair uncolour for months. Haha I won't mind to leave my ugly roots if I really get pregnant.

Hi Jill,
My cycle is in Dec and I actually went hair colouring and rebonding in early November... the chemical should be gone by then... that's what I feel and all the more I dun wanna do any chemical treatment to my hair during the ivf process... or during pregnancy

Hi @HavingHope thanks for the reply. I also have the same feeling. That's why I told hubby I'm gonna sacrifice my look for this critical moment hope everything is worth

So more success with 5dt? Cos I'm not left with many surviving eggs at day5 and they are not blast yet sigh... Maybe nothing to transfer anymore
dunno..i supposed depends on individual. Im with D3 though. Cos i was also afraid what happens when it failed to grow into D5 then wasted right..

Will looking for private gyne for next fresh cycle. Any doctor to recommend ?
Actually there're another pte docs like one at paragon (rather ex though she helped many local celebrities b4) then there's another dr cathryn chan she's at hougang and gleneagles. Im not selling her but i went to her for yearly pap smear. So u might want to consult and consider if you looking for female docs. But then again, her waiting time a tad long..i had to wait in her clinic for abt 2hrs+ for a consultation and also the receptionist rather not friendly. But overall the dr was rather serious and listen to my requests.

Actually there're another pte docs like one at paragon (rather ex though she helped many local celebrities b4) then there's another dr cathryn chan she's at hougang and gleneagles. Im not selling her but i went to her for yearly pap smear. So u might want to consult and consider if you looking for female docs. But then again, her waiting time a tad long..i had to wait in her clinic for abt 2hrs+ for a consultation and also the receptionist rather not friendly. But overall the dr was rather serious and listen to my requests.
Hi sister, thank you for sharing.

Hi @catinthesky. Yes I am also afraid of it. Ya I have also read that perfume actually worsen the IVF cycle. I will try to leave my hair uncolour for months. Haha I won't mind to leave my ugly roots if I really get pregnant.
if you are concerned for the chemicals, best to not do any of them for months before. cause individual body react differently. natural is best :p

Hi,

Has anyone went through endo-scratch before? I would like to know the estimated cost and if we are entitled for MC after the procedure?

Thanks!

View attachment 669422
I had a very very faint + sign with clear blur at 7dp5dt. The plus sign almost disappeared after 30mins. I tried digital clear blue and got pregnant 2-3 weeks at 8dp5dt. So I think the non digital clear blue can be really confusing. Subsequently I used hpt with pink indicators. The lines are more obvious but still considered faint till 10dp5dt. Hope your blood test confirms your bfp! :)

I had a very very faint + sign with clear blur at 7dp5dt. The plus sign almost disappeared after 30mins. I tried digital clear blue and got pregnant 2-3 weeks at 8dp5dt. So I think the non digital clear blue can be really confusing. Subsequently I used hpt with pink indicators. The lines are more obvious but still considered faint till 10dp5dt. Hope your blood test confirms your bfp! :)
Thanks for sharing your experience:). I hope i over-reacted afterall.

Do we continue with chicken essence with cordyceps after BFP? If can, then can continue throughout 1st trimester ma?

Hihi,

I read that we should be avoiding taking herbs such as cordyceps especially during first trimester....can take normal plain chicken essence and keep the cordyceps one until u've passed first trimester

Hi ladies, based on your experience, can I check how indicative is the Antral Follicle Count (AFC) baseline scan in predicting the number of mature follicles that will be retrieved in ER during IVF after the jabs?

Does it mean if my total AFC is 18, then likely assuming I react ok to the stimulation jabs, the max mature follicles will be cappedat 18?

Can share your numbers pls? Thank you

Hi sisters, DR give some supplements like Q10 and other supplements, still can continue Chinese herbs ? I am planning for next cycle .
Shouldn't be a problem. Although I haven't succeeded but I Feel that longan red date and goji berries drink daily helped warmed and nourish my body and tcm said it's gd for our womb lining too. Also Try to make soup with Chinese yam (huai shan) and goji berries.

Hi ladies, based on your experience, can I check how indicative is the Antral Follicle Count (AFC) baseline scan in predicting the number of mature follicles that will be retrieved in ER during IVF after the jabs?

Does it mean if my total AFC is 18, then likely assuming I react ok to the stimulation jabs, the max mature follicles will be cappedat 18?

Can share your numbers pls? Thank you

Hi Sis, I'm with KKH but they only did amh tests. No afc test. Can we do this test somewhere?

Shouldn't be a problem. Although I haven't succeeded but I Feel that longan red date and goji berries drink daily helped warmed and nourish my body and tcm said it's gd for our womb lining too. Also Try to make soup with Chinese yam (huai shan) and goji berries.
Thanks sisiter

My Negative beta confirmed and no blast to freeze fr this cycle. This has been a bad year..hope next year brings pleasant surprises.

Winniewinie: am thinking of switching to private clinic too..have u decided on which dr? Think I might try virtus clinic as their equipment is gd For blasts culture. No luck with KKH so far.

My Negative beta confirmed and no blast to freeze fr this cycle. This has been a bad year..hope next year brings pleasant surprises.

Winniewinie: am thinking of switching to private clinic too..have u decided on which dr? Think I might try virtus clinic as their equipment is gd For blasts culture. No luck with KKH so far.

Sorry to hear that, I know how that feels as I've gone through it myself.... Hope u persevere for that BFP and not give up...I finally got mine after 1 iui, 2 fresh and 1 fet so jiayou and keep fighting!

I think Virtus is good becos this time round for my fresh cycle, besides doing it at kkh, I was also seeing private gynae there for other support measures and advice..although I've not done the full cycle with them, I heard alot of good feedback about the doctors there. One thing for sure: u won't have to wait ages each time to see the doc or do a scan and u won't have to wait until Apr/may next year to commence ur next cycle

Hug hug!! Rest well can go for it again!! Thinking mayb we should change our lifestyle aso

Sorry to hear that, I know how that feels as I've gone through it myself.... Hope u persevere for that BFP and not give up...I finally got mine after 1 iui, 2 fresh and 1 fet so jiayou and keep fighting!

I think Virtus is good becos this time round for my fresh cycle, besides doing it at kkh, I was also seeing private gynae there for other support measures and advice..although I've not done the full cycle with them, I heard alot of good feedback about the doctors there. One thing for sure: u won't have to wait ages each time to see the doc or do a scan and u won't have to wait until Apr/may next year to commence ur next cycle
If do cycle in kkh is it posible for us to go dr yeong for jab support only eventho theres no evidence of spotting or anytin...who determine get suport before et or after?

Back