IVF/ICSI Support Group

How about FET? How many HL days do you take? I'm going to have mine in May but it's also my busiest period. Sigh stress... Not sure if I should push my FET till later. But then I just did Endo scratching. Not sure if will still be effective in June.

Sisters my hcg dropped by half again. Phew. Finally some relief for me that it continued to drop from 760 to 325. Now we see him two weeks later for urine test. But hor the hcg blood test increase price. From $42 to $47. I ask the nurse did u all increase price? She said yes some increase in procedure and tests. !!!!

Sisters my hcg dropped by half again. Phew. Finally some relief for me that it continued to drop from 760 to 325. Now we see him two weeks later for urine test. But hor the hcg blood test increase price. From $42 to $47. I ask the nurse did u all increase price? She said yes some increase in procedure and tests. !!!!
Oh quite ex ah.. Nuh charges about $28 i think. Your $47 includes full blood test?

Your urine test is to test what?

By the way has your menses come?

Oh quite ex ah.. Nuh charges about $28 i think. Your $47 includes full blood test?

Your urine test is to test what?

By the way has your menses come?
Just hcg only. Urine to test for negative in hcg as he thinks by two weeks I should drop to less than 5. He hopes I can avoid the blood test as he says I already did many blood and kept gana poked. Hahaha

my menses is not here yet but I am spotting now. I asked THH about it, he said my lining will continue to build up during this phase and he says it will shed slowly.

Last edited:
Just hcg only. Urine to test for negative in hcg as he thinks by two weeks I should drop to less than 5. He hopes I can avoid the blood test as he says I already did many blood and kept gana poked. Hahaha

my menses is not here yet but I am spotting now. I asked THH about it, he said my lining will continue to build up during this phase and he says it will shed slowly.
I see, I already bleed out the sac yesterday and lots more blood.. Today much lesser blood.. I wonder is this it? menses will come next cycle?

Hi its been a while N i am back.

Been reading up silently and saw new posts plus our all time fav dawnbb, the sprinstella, dreamscometrue sisters etc..

I m doing my FEt transfer in May.. gonna start on my progynova..

Sisters, can i know how to increase our lining as the previous all looks good.. my lining was just 7mm and prof went ahead with it.. this time i gonna ask him to wait till 10mm. And beside the med how can i aid in naturally??

This will be my last fet as i have used up all 3 fresh n 2 Fet..

Pinning all hopes on my last 4 snow embbies..to culture to day 5!

Hi its been a while N i am back.

Been reading up silently and saw new posts plus our all time fav dawnbb, the sprinstella, dreamscometrue sisters etc..

I m doing my FEt transfer in May.. gonna start on my progynova..

Sisters, can i know how to increase our lining as the previous all looks good.. my lining was just 7mm and prof went ahead with it.. this time i gonna ask him to wait till 10mm. And beside the med how can i aid in naturally??

This will be my last fet as i have used up all 3 fresh n 2 Fet..

Pinning all hopes on my last 4 snow embbies..to culture to day 5!
Hi are u with Nuh? Did u get BFP for your previous transfers?

My most recent FET, I did endo scratch.. My lining also on thin side, last scan before he fix the ET date was only 8mm I think.. But he say can go ahead.. ET was about 1 week after the last scan I think. I drank red bean soup and raspberry leaf tea..

How about FET? How many HL days do you take? I'm going to have mine in May but it's also my busiest period. Sigh stress... Not sure if I should push my FET till later. But then I just did Endo scratching. Not sure if will still be effective in June.

For my FET, my Dr gave me only 3 days HL but I took AL and took 1 week off work in total. I came back to work on the second week. If it's your busiest period and you may be stressed, then maybe you should push back a month later.. or supplement your HL with AL and take full 2 weeks off.

I'm wondering how is endometriosis diagnosed?

Endo can only be accurately diagnose via laparascopy. Sometimes, if the cysts are visible, Dr may say that they suspect you have endo. But not all the times the cysts are visible. Dr suspected I had endo because of my terrible cramps but every ultrasound shows nothing. In the end, we did a laparascopy and she confirmed endo.

Endo can only be accurately diagnose via laparascopy. Sometimes, if the cysts are visible, Dr may say that they suspect you have endo. But not all the times the cysts are visible. Dr suspected I had endo because of my terrible cramps but every ultrasound shows nothing. In the end, we did a laparascopy and she confirmed endo.
ya, scans though shows at times but not accurate one if you are mild endo. Severe ones easily shows up on a few scans as the results are consistent. few years ago while i was still single and free hor and still naive, the U/S scans also indicate i have endo. I was like huh? so they sent me for a procedure to extract some cells via Hysteroscopy. so she put in the cam and want to extract the cells then the doc check check said, Nothing inside what! no endo no polyp. I was like, stab me ba.............

For my case, the pre IVF check for both hub and mine seems to have no huge issue with the infertility that we are facing. The embryos from our previous IVF cycles look fine as well but all BFN. Moreover, scan 2 cysts in my ovary and suspect I might have mild case of endometriosis, hence suggest to do a laparoscopy. No cramps for me though

ya, scans though shows at times but not accurate one if you are mild endo. Severe ones easily shows up on a few scans as the results are consistent. few years ago while i was still single and free hor and still naive, the U/S scans also indicate i have endo. I was like huh? so they sent me for a procedure to extract some cells via Hysteroscopy. so she put in the cam and want to extract the cells then the doc check check said, Nothing inside what! no endo no polyp. I was like, stab me ba.............

*faints* Was the hysteroscopy painful?

Mine is opposite. Mine was about 17 years ago. All the scans showed nothing. I thought I was crazy. And the sonographers always say there's nothing and then looked at me strangely. Then when I went for the laparascopy, it showed that my endo was already stage 4 ie. severe. It was such a mess inside that my Dr couldn't clear all the endo.

Is there any pain after the procedure? If not wrong, doc say going poke 3 holes for me

Is there any pain after the procedure? If not wrong, doc say going poke 3 holes for me

You mean for laparascopy or hysteroscopy?

I did laparascopy twice and they were 2 very different experience.

The first time they made 4 incisions. My then gynae did not stitch one of the incision but instead put a plaster over it. It became infected. And I felt pain after the surgery. Post surgery was a horror cos my heart rate was fast, I had to stay at high dependency and I had terrible constipation and urine retention.

The second time, another gynae made 4 incisions as well but she stitched all of them. She told me to take painkillers daily every several hours and I didn't feel pain at all. So yes, better pain management. Cos I was anxious, the anaesthetist gave me more relaxant during the surgery so when I woke up, I didn't have have a fast heart rate. It was all very smooth.

Some people also experience shoulder pain because of the gas they pump into your stomach but so far I didn't.

If you think you have low pain tolerance or is easily anxious, then talk to your Dr and anaesthetist about it.

*faints* Was the hysteroscopy painful?

Mine is opposite. Mine was about 17 years ago. All the scans showed nothing. I thought I was crazy. And the sonographers always say there's nothing and then looked at me strangely. Then when I went for the laparascopy, it showed that my endo was already stage 4 ie. severe. It was such a mess inside that my Dr couldn't clear all the endo.
yes pain during when she swap the so called tissues to go test. omg my face turned green. Then i was so naive, she said the procedure very fast, no need GA! errrrrrr

wah you never go back and tell the sonographer you lousy! stage 4 liao!

during pain after ok. 3 holes is keyhole surgery which is laparoscopy. Invasive but minimum. the holes are small then after the procedure you will see 3 lines mayb 1cm each ba.

I think I was only given 3-4 days mc from KKIVF. Some pp will take extra leave till they do their BT on day 17.

It's a rule for taking MTX jab as the jab contains small amounts of chemotherapy contents. I cannot try to have a baby.
I see.. Your womb need time to recover anyway.. I saw some sisters managed to conceive naturally after mc from IVF.. How I wish such miracle can happen to me

Hi ladies...
I just done my day 3 ET on Sat.. On Monday I had bad sore throat. And today it turn to coughing.
I'm worried. Anyone encountered the same?

hi all, may i know did you keep a secret from the company when going for all the checks? how to hide it from the company when taking all the mc and leaves?

Just had my first acupuncture session with Dr Seah Ai Wei at Thomson TCM. She is very gentle and the treatment room is quite comfortable, with soft music on. I had ER early in Mar, due to the risk of OHSS, no fresh transfer. First AF reported right after one week. Today is CD5 for second cycle. Going for FET next cycle in May/Jun. I am preparing my body now for the big big project next month. Looking forward... Keep fighting sisters!

Just had my first acupuncture session with Dr Seah Ai Wei at Thomson TCM. She is very gentle and the treatment room is quite comfortable, with soft music on. I had ER early in Mar, due to the risk of OHSS, no fresh transfer. First AF reported right after one week. Today is CD5 for second cycle. Going for FET next cycle in May/Jun. I am preparing my body now for the big big project next month. Looking forward... Keep fighting sisters!
Good luck! Were u on Tcm previously?

hi all, may i know did you keep a secret from the company when going for all the checks? how to hide it from the company when taking all the mc and leaves?

I kept it from my company for first few cycles. Subsequently I can't keep it longer. I told my boss going for woman surgery so need HL for two weeks. Then another yr i said complication néed op again. After that I took mc n my own annual leave for procedures. Anyway no matter what excuse I give i am blacklisted for so many mc n urgent leave :p

1st menses won't come till 1 mth right
depends on individual body, after my mc after the ectopic (because doc didnt do D/c) just removed tube so i bled naturally, my menses came after 1month + so it depends on how your body adjust. For the first time i was hoping for AF to come so badly so it tells you your body is fine. :D

depends on your relationship with your boss or company. I didnt hide as my boss is super supportive..... he has been supporting me throughout my 4 cycles of IVF and........ I STILL HAVENT BFP!:mad:

For me, I took the HL leaves for my pass cycles & half day for the scans during stims. I'm fortunate that my my boss is understanding on what I'm going through. Only my team mates & my boss knw abt it. But then because of my frequent HL leaves & taking e-leaves, can't help that I'm being blacklisted. But I can't be bothered too coz baby comes first.

I am quite open with the fact I'm going for ivf. In fact most of my relatives knw abt it and that are supportive and quite open with it. They don't treat my girl (conceived in my 2nd fresh) any difference too. In fact, they dote on her very much. But of coz I don't auto go ard to tell people abt it. If people ask if i conceiving via ivf, I will just ans them a yes. So far they just stopped there and never ask further. Maybe they are stunned by my candid ans ba.

For my next fresh cycle in June/July, most probably I will take one mth leave (I have abt 15 days leave brought forward from last year). If not enough I probably will extend it with my HL given. Anyway I have already told my boss & team mates abt it le and they are ok with it.

Thanks! What makes u choose the Tcm? Which hosp are u with?

I am with Dr SF Loh at TFC for IVF procedures, previously at his private clinic at TMC since 2014 when first BFP naturally and miscarriaged after that. Read some angmo fertility books and the doctors do suggest acupuncture to complement IVF. Then I read here quite some number of sisters also went for acupuncture. So thinking to try acupuncture to enhance the implantation.

I am with Dr SF Loh at TFC for IVF procedures, previously at his private clinic at TMC since 2014 when first BFP naturally and miscarriaged after that. Read some angmo fertility books and the doctors do suggest acupuncture to complement IVF. Then I read here quite some number of sisters also went for acupuncture. So thinking to try acupuncture to enhance the implantation.
I see. U done how many cycles already?

Hi, this is my first cycle and no fresh transfer, kind of disappointed lo :( But nvm, as long as everything goes smoothly next month :)
Yes. Someone I know didn't even reach the state of fertilizing the eggs that were retrieved. Disintegrated even before anything can be done. In her second cycle, she only has one egg but successfully fertilised. Grade 3. She was a little disappointed. But it turned out BFP. And now her baby is already 5 months old and healthy. So have hope!

Back