IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes. Someone I know didn't even reach the state of fertilizing the eggs that were retrieved. Disintegrated even before anything can be done. In her second cycle, she only has one egg but successfully fertilised. Grade 3. She was a little disappointed. But it turned out BFP. And now her baby is already 5 months old and healthy. So have hope!

Hi lovetohavekids, sorry to hear about that but at the end truly a great motivation to everyone here to have faith and hope! Wow, thanks for sharing sis! 姐姐妹妹站起来 加油吧!

I find my menstrual duration getting shorter and shorter. Anyone experienced the same thing? Used to be 4-5 days. Last year it became 3 days and flow is only heavier on first day. This month it became 2 days of light to medium flow only. I asked dr tth before and he didnt seem too concerned.

No I insert two meds at night only. Not every three hours but I cannot remember the med name. I was week 8 or 9 I think. The most heavy bleeding was after inserting the med. Infact I sat at toilet bowl cos the clots kept coming out. After that it was just normal bleeding like menses ending kind. I can't remember last for how long.
Hi, I inserted the meds on wed.. So by now not so much bleeding. However on off have a bit of cramp. Is it normal?

I find my menstrual duration getting shorter and shorter. Anyone experienced the same thing? Used to be 4-5 days. Last year it became 3 days and flow is only heavier on first day. This month it became 2 days of light to medium flow only. I asked dr tth before and he didnt seem too concerned.
Yeah I think in my 20s I have about 4 days and now down to 3 days. My heaviest also first and second day. I asked my gynae and TCM, both said it's OK. So I don't think it's a cause for worry. So long as by the transfer date, our thickness is good enough.

Hi, this is my first cycle and no fresh transfer, kind of disappointed lo :( But nvm, as long as everything goes smoothly next month :)
Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise! Better to not proceed when your body is not in tip top condition. I also just did my extraction. Did u have a healthy harvest? Jiayou and all the best for yr transfer! (next month?)

Sorry ah how old are you? Actually I'm also shorter by 1 day now. I've checked with my gfs and also some friends. We are 36 and seems common. I've checked online and it seems that this is common as we age as the body is sort of preparing for menopause. Sobs!!!!! I don't want!!!! Seems too early!!!

Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise! Better to not proceed when your body is not in tip top condition. I also just did my extraction. Did u have a healthy harvest? Jiayou and all the best for yr transfer! (next month?)
Hi finesse9702, yea my FET will be In May/Jun. You may see above for my reply on the embryos result where I replied to Dreamscometrue.

56 retrieved, 30 mature enough, 26 fertilized, 24 cleaved, ended up 16 D2 snow embies and two snow blasties :) Btw, I am triggered using Lucrin instead to prevent OHSS.
Wow that's a lot of eggs. Do you mind to share what is your amh level and med and dosage you used during stim?

I don't think I have PCOS as menses were quite regular with no skip and no severe cramps. Hubby and I also got a shock to have high number of eggs retrieved.

Usually woman with PCOS generate more eggs. I also have regular menses (30-days cycle) with no cramps. After scan then Dr told me i have PCOS. Need to do U/S to determine if have PCOS or not.

Sparkling_ee, Dreamscometrue, my stims and dosage as below.
CD2-6 Menopur 300 iu
CD7-9 Menopur 300 iu + Orgalutron 0.25 mg
CD10-11 Puregon 200 iu + Orgalutron 0.25 mg
CD12 Lucrin 30 iu
CD14 ER
I am turning 36 this Jul, I never checked for AMH and FSH levels.

Last edited:
CD2-6 Menopur 300 iu
CD12 Lucrin 30 iu
CD14 ER
Any sisters on this similar protocol? My both fresh was given Gonal F and cetrotide only.. No doubt my fsh is also high.. So can't expect much follicles..

Hi Mummies.... this is my first forum.
Is there a funding for IVF if above 40? I was considering doing IVF instead of tube reversal.

Any sisters on this similar protocol? My both fresh was given Gonal F and cetrotide only.. No doubt my fsh is also high.. So can't expect much follicles..
I think it depends on your body as well. I am also on pure FSH jabs and didnt yielded good quality. but slight twig from THH that included LH improved slightly.

I know some sisters just use pure FSH jabs like puregon or gonal F also had good results. Must see how your body reacts. Trial and error.

Me too! I used to have 3-4 days flow, after first cycle ivf, it became like 2-3 days only and by the 3rd day is like spotting only. My doc (sadhana at that time) said will be back to normal after a few months. But until now after 2 cycles, I feel the volume is not a lot too. When I checked with Dr Loh, his answer was okay as well, means lining heals better and save blood. Don't know if he is kidding me :p

Me too! I used to have 3-4 days flow, after first cycle ivf, it became like 2-3 days only and by the 3rd day is like spotting only. My doc (sadhana at that time) said will be back to normal after a few months. But until now after 2 cycles, I feel the volume is not a lot too. When I checked with Dr Loh, his answer was okay as well, means lining heals better and save blood. Don't know if he is kidding me :p
aiya Dr Loh always have warped theories. Simi save blood ! i was usually 3 days heavy flow now become 2 days also o_O

I think it depends on your body as well. I am also on pure FSH jabs and didnt yielded good quality. but slight twig from THH that included LH improved slightly.

I know some sisters just use pure FSH jabs like puregon or gonal F also had good results. Must see how your body reacts. Trial and error.
Agree. When dr Loh tweaked my last fresh short cycle with using Gonal F and add Pergoveris which includes a composition of LH, I had more as well as much better quality embryos, all with less fragmentation and more even sized cells than previous cycles where we used pure FSH stim protocol.

Same problem here and I'm 36 too! Mine with endo is 7 days with first 3 days heavy flow. After clearing my endo, become 5 days with 2 days heavy flow. Now is 3-4 days with 1.5 days heavy flow. Think my cycle varies too. It used to be usual 28 days, now it's range from 25-28 days. Ask gynae on this and he say it's normal too. If cycle varies more than 5 days then it's consider irregular.

But u always have a lot of follicles right. U have any FSH issues? What is the LH jab you're on?

Agree. When dr Loh tweaked my last fresh short cycle with using Gonal F and add Pergoveris which includes a composition of LH, I had more as well as much better quality embryos, all with less fragmentation and more even sized cells than previous cycles where we used pure FSH stim protocol.
Maybe the next cycle I'll have to suggest adding something else rather than pure gonal F. How is pergo being jab? Also on tummy via a pen?

Same problem here and I'm 36 too! Mine with endo is 7 days with first 3 days heavy flow. After clearing my endo, become 5 days with 2 days heavy flow. Now is 3-4 days with 1.5 days heavy flow. Think my cycle varies too. It used to be usual 28 days, now it's range from 25-28 days. Ask gynae on this and he say it's normal too. If cycle varies more than 5 days then it's consider irregular.
Hmmm I don't have any uterine issues and my menstrual period has always been average 5 days (+/-2 days depending on spotting tapering off) with 1.5-2 days of heavy flow. My cycle averages 30days. The number of cycle days not so critical so long as you do ovulate and your luteal phase is not shorter than 12 days (otherwise consider luteal phase defect which can affect implantation). So I think yours pretty ok bah.

But u always have a lot of follicles right. U have any FSH issues? What is the LH jab you're on?

I have 20+ usually. I am not sure of my FSH levels as no blood tests were done. But how were your eggs and the fertilization rate of your last cycle? If everything is good then maybe not to change is better.

I have 20+ usually. I am not sure of my FSH levels as no blood tests were done. But how were your eggs and the fertilization rate of your last cycle? If everything is good then maybe not to change is better.
My fertilization rate is 8-90%. But the numbers very low.. Each cycle only 3 embryos survived. I know quality matters too.. But if can have more retrieved then why not.. Each fresh cycle not cheap lor... What is the LH added to u by THH?

Lol save blood! This is my 2nd cycle after ivf and shortest in my life. 2 days quite light, 3rd day like nothing liao. 1st cycle after ivf was still normal 3 days leh and super heavy with a lot of clots. Hope our cycles go back to normal soon.

Anyone has tried both menopur and gonal f protocol? Any differences in the results?

I'm too free at home now.. Doing lots of googling.. Lol
I tried Puregon and Menopur for my 2nd fresh but it was long cycle with Lucrin down regulation before adding stim. It yielded least quantity for me compared to all 3 fresh cycles but quality is better than first cycle as in more even growth (so better maturation and fertilisation rate), less fragmentation and more even sized cells compared to first fresh. But ultimately my last fresh was the best in all areas and my bfp frozen embryo came from this batch.

Lol save blood! This is my 2nd cycle after ivf and shortest in my life. 2 days quite light, 3rd day like nothing liao. 1st cycle after ivf was still normal 3 days leh and super heavy with a lot of clots. Hope our cycles go back to normal soon.

Sorry ah how old are you? Actually I'm also shorter by 1 day now. I've checked with my gfs and also some friends. We are 36 and seems common. I've checked online and it seems that this is common as we age as the body is sort of preparing for menopause. Sobs!!!!! I don't want!!!! Seems too early!!!
Im 34 this year only leh. Hope not a sign of menopause! So early! My friend's gynae told her shorter period could be a sign of lowering ovarian reserve.. but 2 days sound abit short..

Yeah I think in my 20s I have about 4 days and now down to 3 days. My heaviest also first and second day. I asked my gynae and TCM, both said it's OK. So I don't think it's a cause for worry. So long as by the transfer date, our thickness is good enough.
Thanks. Same lor. 20s was 4-5days. Then early 30s 3 days. Now like 2 days only and not even a lot of flow. Haha scared it will disappear soon.

I tried Puregon and Menopur for my 2nd fresh but it was long cycle with Lucrin down regulation before adding stim. It yielded least quantity for me compared to all 3 fresh cycles but quality is better than first cycle as in more even growth (so better maturation and fertilisation rate), less fragmentation and more even sized cells compared to first fresh. But ultimately my last fresh was the best in all areas and my bfp frozen embryo came from this batch.
What's your last cycle protocol like? Oh wait, it's the one with pergo...

Last edited:
Usually woman with PCOS generate more eggs. I also have regular menses (30-days cycle) with no cramps. After scan then Dr told me i have PCOS. Need to do U/S to determine if have PCOS or not.

Hmm actually want to ask, what if you have Polycystic ovaries but do not have the syndrome (PCOS)? I also used Lucrin as trigger shot cos my Dr wants to prevent OHSS, which I didnt get eventually.
Dr also said cos I was not ovulating, from my bloodwork, not too sure how that was diagnose though.

But I think theres a difference between polycystic ovaries (PCO) and the syndrome right? PCOS the syndrome comes with symptoms like excess hair growth and no periods? Whereas PCO is just alot more eggs? But still have regular periods? I'm abit confuse as to where I might be.. I think I'm PCO but not PCOS. Not sure if I'm making any sense.

My fertilization rate is 8-90%. But the numbers very low.. Each cycle only 3 embryos survived. I know quality matters too.. But if can have more retrieved then why not.. Each fresh cycle not cheap lor... What is the LH added to u by THH?
in a way true. you should aim more follicles of good quality and high fert rate. yay! Discuss with you doc to see if you are suitable for LH jabs. AND, if they tell you the jabs are all the same (Which one doctor told me this answer) do not accept this answer from them.

Hmm actually want to ask, what if you have Polycystic ovaries but do not have the syndrome (PCOS)? I also used Lucrin as trigger shot cos my Dr wants to prevent OHSS, which I didnt get eventually.
Dr also said cos I was not ovulating, from my bloodwork, not too sure how that was diagnose though.

But I think theres a difference between polycystic ovaries (PCO) and the syndrome right? PCOS the syndrome comes with symptoms like excess hair growth and no periods? Whereas PCO is just alot more eggs? But still have regular periods? I'm abit confuse as to where I might be.. I think I'm PCO but not PCOS. Not sure if I'm making any sense.

My doc told me people with PCOS may have those that you've mentioned, not ovulating regularly, and may be fat people and acne issues.

in a way true. you should aim more follicles of good quality and high fert rate. yay! Discuss with you doc to see if you are suitable for LH jabs. AND, if they tell you the jabs are all the same (Which one doctor told me this answer) do not accept this answer from them.
Who is that doc? Lol.. Your doc didn't do any blood works for u before starting IVF?

CD2-6 Menopur 300 iu
CD12 Lucrin 30 iu
CD14 ER
Did your doc explained why Cd10-11 changed to puregon and what purpose it serves in this way?

If we use the amh level and multiply by 7, is this number of eggs you all get from egg retrieval so far?

Measured by ng/ml. That's what Dr Loh mentioned so I would like to check with sisters here if eggs collected during your cycle is reflective of your amh level? I also not sure if this is a correct gauge.
Just calculated.. Not true for me lei.. If true I will have 4-50 eggs collected!! I wished it's true!

Back