IVF/ICSI Support Group

just had the embryo transfer this morning.. feeling good, except for the ER sites still feeling sore (was preparing dinner , still feeling slight pain after about 20-30 min then have to rest). going about my usual activities - cooking, on the computer, sleeping .., but sitting with leg propped up.

But I'm wondering if it is ok to have a warm/hot shower to relax? read some website saying cannot have high temperature...?

All the best!!!

Hi all.. trying my 2nd one now via ivf. Had only 1 big follicle and 3 small ones which nurses say the small ones may not make it for ER. During ER surprisingly managed to get all 4 out and 3 managed to fertilised. Did my ET on 31 Aug. Put in 2 and 1 managed to freeze. 2ww is a torture..
I am in my 2ww now too. When are you doing your pregnancy BT?

i'm no expert... but wanted to share something i just saw: If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, avoid eating unripe papaya. http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/pregnancy-avoiding-papaya-topic-overview

And I just popped in 2 slices of it last night (on the same day of ET! gosh! :mad:) ... the papaya skin was mixture of green and orange, so was more of unripe, but it was on verge of rotting, hurry up got hubby to chop it up.

Now have to make sure the fruits I eat are safe, while still loading up on fruits and veggies. Hope the embryos are still safe... :(

anyone knows what other fruits to avoid (definitely avoid pineapple for sure)? Bananas, grapes , guava ok?
Some said unripe bananas are "cooling", maybe you want to make sure they are ripe before you consume? Best is apples, safe safe

Thalassemia might get twins???
I have thalassemia and is in simulation stage now. Have not heard from THH yet.

Hi ladies, anyone here has Thalassemia? If so, did your Dr advised you not to transfer two embryos in case you might get twins?

Hi i have thalassemia too + PCOS... my hubby is also a thalassemia
We are just at the start of our IVF journey... Still under all the test to be carried out by the fetility doctor..
Any advise on what did your IVF doctor say about your thalassemia when doing IVF?

hi ladies,
I'm been a silent reader to this forum and recently moved from 2WW thread to the IVF thread as I'm planning to embark on this journey. Sometimes I wonder why out of so many ladies, I/ (we) are the unfortunate ones who have to go through a long route to have a child of our own. Perhaps it's God's test for us, to see how much we are willing to sacrifice to have our own child. :( If any of you ladies here are on the IVF cycles, best of luck to you'all. Hope you strike on 1st attempt :)

Yes agreed.. sometime i feel life was pretty unfair.. I see my friend who are in some financail problem and yet having 2 or even 3 kids. But all i want is just one... It seems so hard... I'm starting my IVF journey soon too...! I hope baby luck is on our side...!

i'm no expert... but wanted to share something i just saw: If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, avoid eating unripe papaya. http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/pregnancy-avoiding-papaya-topic-overview

And I just popped in 2 slices of it last night (on the same day of ET! gosh! :mad:) ... the papaya skin was mixture of green and orange, so was more of unripe, but it was on verge of rotting, hurry up got hubby to chop it up.

Now have to make sure the fruits I eat are safe, while still loading up on fruits and veggies. Hope the embryos are still safe... :(

anyone knows what other fruits to avoid (definitely avoid pineapple for sure)? Bananas, grapes , guava ok?

Thanks for sharing this! I've been eating confinement meals during my 2WW and the lady always serve unripe papayas in soup. *shudders* Now I better don't touch the soups!

We are just at the start of our IVF journey... Still under all the test to be carried out by the fetility doctor..
Any advise on what did your IVF doctor say about your thalassemia when doing IVF?

I'm a thalessemia carrier. hubby is not. Transferred 2 embryos... :oops:

Hi ladies not sure if anyone encounter the same as me. I had my ER yest and today i notice there is some swelling at my abdomen where we inject our jabs area.. And i have a feeling of constipation the whole day.. Anybody has the same?

Hi ladies not sure if anyone encounter the same as me. I had my ER yest and today i notice there is some swelling at my abdomen where we inject our jabs area.. And i have a feeling of constipation the whole day.. Anybody has the same?
Yes is common, aso mayb the urine Can b dark gold color, difficult to pee due to swelling of ovaries, pls DO NOt Exercise too, it will worsen, jus rest more...

I tot pineapples core is Gd for implantation, fyi
Better avoid cooling fruits e.g water melon and tea by Tcm...

http://natural-fertility-info.com/bromelain-pineapple-for-implantation.html

I have cramps and tightening sensations at lower abdomen till now. Can be bad at times. I haven't taken any painkillers.

Had diarrhoea 3-4 times in the last 2-3hrs with bad pelvic pain...
Feeling depressed... Does this mean I have to cancel my embryo transfer this morn??

Hi

My blood test result came back that I don't have thalassemia. I know of one lady who conceived a pair of twins and she's a Thalassemia minor carrier. She didn't have any pregnancy complications. All she had to do was take 4 folic acid daily throughout pregnancy. I believe if you and hubby are both thalassemia minor, chances are higher for the bb to hv Thalassemia. Talk to your ivf doc about it. U can also consider doing PGD overseas cos I believe they can test the embryo b4 transfer. However this test is not available in Singapore (unless very strong cases) so that means you'd hv to do your ivf overseas. PM me if you like to know more about PGD cos I've done it.

Good morning sisters!

May I ask those on Duphaston for support if it has to be taken at the same time every day? Eg., if I take 8am, 3pm, 11pm I must follow this every day?

Thanks!

Hi dramaqueenie, if persists, pls go to 24hrs a&e clinic for diagnosis..then take med to control ?

I had normal bowels this morn ard 10+ hrs no more loose stools. At kkivf now. Abdomen still feel pretty sore like someone kicked me many times there. See what my doc propose bah. Leave to fate lor

Really huh? I read some sisters were told ET cancelled in person just before the procedure... The feelings must suck...

My ET had to be delayed to the next month due to high progesterone.

I only had one embryo. For my FET, I had to go to the hospital and wait for them to advise if the embryo survive or not. It's scary! Even the nurse seems nervous for me.

But if it has to be delayed, don't fret. FET now is different from last time. They use vitriciation so the embryos got higher survival rate. Plus, doing FET means your body has sort of purged all the medications and healed from the ER etc. You will be more relaxed esp if it's a natural cycle.

I only had one embryo. For my FET, I had to go to the hospital and wait for them to advise if the embryo survive or not. It's scary! Even the nurse seems nervous for me.

But if it has to be delayed, don't fret. FET now is different from last time. They use vitriciation so the embryos got higher survival rate. Plus, doing FET means your body has sort of purged all the medications and healed from the ER etc. You will be more relaxed esp if it's a natural cycle.

Frankly I don't have much confidence in my embryo qualities hence prefer to do Day 2 transfer instead of cultivating them to day 5 blasts. Have even lesser confidence in frozen embryos cos worried they may not survive thawing. Lol maybe I'm just a worrier by nature

Frankly I don't have much confidence in my embryo qualities hence prefer to do Day 2 transfer instead of cultivating them to day 5 blasts. Have even lesser confidence in frozen embryos cos worried they may not survive thawing. Lol maybe I'm just a worrier by nature

I know what you mean. When I learnt that I only had 1 embryo fertilized and had to be frozen, I was scared it wouldn't survive. I could hardly sleep the night of the ET! But we have to be positive! :) Because hope is all we got!

Feeling quite emo now. Waited since a little before 10. All the ladies who came after me alr went in for their OPU. Mine is transfer but under sedation so was placed after them. Didn't have anything to eat or drink since last night. Had stomach ache and needed to go toilet move my bowels but was told cannot becos I needed to keep my bladder full. Having gastritis again and nauseous now. Was told I still need to wait / tahan another 45mins!!! Really feel like just leaving
I'm now wondering is it because I had nothing to transfer that's why they placed me last?

Last edited:
Feeling quite emo now. Waited since a little before 10. All the ladies who came after me alr went in for their OPU. Mine is transfer but under sedation so was placed after them. Didn't have anything to eat or drink since last night. Had stomach ache and needed to go toilet move my bowels but was told cannot becos I needed to keep my bladder full. Having gastritis again and nauseous now. Was told I still need to wait / tahan another 45mins!!! Really feel like just leaving
I'm now wondering is it because I had nothing to transfer that's why they placed me at the last?
Dont give up! Jia you jia you!

I'm now wondering is it because I had nothing to transfer that's why they placed me at the last?
Hi dramaqueenie, can eat small bite of biscuit I rem they ask me eat bread & milo first in morn before come... Then when I arrive say my bladder not full ask me go drink more water... Jiayou!!!!! Fighting!!!!

I'm now wondering is it because I had nothing to transfer that's why they placed me last?

Don't worry, I'm sure if there's nothing to transfer, they would have told you. Probably because yours is under sedation so they have to prepare the OT etc.

I did my ET without sedation but 30mins before it started, I needed to pee badly and the nurse allowed me to although she told me to count to 5 and don't release everything but unfortuantely, I had one of the longest pee of my life (sorry tmi!) lollll. After that I drank more water and was still drinking in the OT. Maybe you can ask her if she can let you pee and then you drink more water.

Don't worry k. Must relax. Think positive. :) Think happy thoughts.

Oh Dramaqueenie, that sounds horrid. Hang in there ok? Where's your procedure being done at?

@dramaqueenie , hope you have a smooth ET. I was at ivf center doing OPU. Overheard nurse said got an ET with GA. So, quite sure its you. Wonder hows the fertilization rate. Retrieved 10 this morning.

Hi @the_spinsterella , can i knoe when do they inform you regarding the cancellation of ET? And how high was ur progesterone level? Cos mine is 5 and doc said its slightly high. And they have to see the quality of embryo before deciding if going ahead with transfer. Hope can have a smooth journey

Hi @the_spinsterella , can i knoe when do they inform you regarding the cancellation of ET? And how high was ur progesterone level? Cos mine is 5 and doc said its slightly high. And they have to see the quality of embryo before deciding if going ahead with transfer. Hope can have a smooth journey

I can't remember how high was mine but it was 2 days before ER. She said it's too high and the lining will reject the embryo so there's no point doing ET. Don't worry too much. Even if have to do FET, it's still fine.

I was crushed when only 1 out of my 14 eggs were fertilized. I didn't even know if it could survive till day 2 and thawing. But it did. We just need 1 good one! And lots of positivity. :)

I didn't take any antibiotics post OPU. Maybe it's gastritis, had discomfort since trigger day when I took the antibiotics then...
hey I had gastritis too after the ER. but it was due to this KKH medication called carbegoline, they gave me to prevent the ohss. Had to postpone my day 3 ET to day 5, was too unfit (bloated, stomach pain).

I can't remember how high was mine but it was 2 days before ER. She said it's too high and the lining will reject the embryo so there's no point doing ET. Don't worry too much. Even if have to do FET, it's still fine.

I was crushed when only 1 out of my 14 eggs were fertilized. I didn't even know if it could survive till day 2 and thawing. But it did. We just need 1 good one! And lots of positivity. :)
Yes. You are right! We only need 1 good one! Am sure your 1 is a strong one.! Rest well and prepare your body to the best condition to receive back ur bb.

Hi

My blood test result came back that I don't have thalassemia. I know of one lady who conceived a pair of twins and she's a Thalassemia minor carrier. She didn't have any pregnancy complications. All she had to do was take 4 folic acid daily throughout pregnancy. I believe if you and hubby are both thalassemia minor, chances are higher for the bb to hv Thalassemia. Talk to your ivf doc about it. U can also consider doing PGD overseas cos I believe they can test the embryo b4 transfer. However this test is not available in Singapore (unless very strong cases) so that means you'd hv to do your ivf overseas. PM me if you like to know more about PGD cos I've done it.

Based on my last visit to KK with the fertility doctor he did not suggest for PGD. Cos we still got 75% chance that the baby will be alright.
Have yet to see my IVF doctor yet. Perhaps will have to hear from him 1st before more decision is made...
Now waiting for my mense to come so that i can go for the scan and blood test... =)

Currently what stage are you in ?

Hi, anyone starting the IVF programme in November? I am with KKH. It's been awhile since I last started on the IVF journey in 2012. This is my 4th IVF cycle at KKH. Is the procedure still the same?

Back