IVF/ICSI Support Group

That is a cocktail of stuff that is injected to the body through Iv drip.

We have Nk cells in our bodies naturally that rejects foreign objects as an immunity. So if the NK cell is too high, it's said that it might reject the embies after its transferred

Do note that this is not a scientifically proven thing yet but since we always had great embies, no fertility issues but always just failed to implant, we decided to just go for it and I'm sure what worked but we did scratch , blast and intralipid.

If u ask me, I will never go for anything other than blast in future if we are to try again. We have tried 2days, 3 days,4days transferred and this blast is what worked for us.
Considering 15 taken out in er and in the end of the journey we only had two blasts. So how much heartache we had transferring all the others who "might" never have made it in the first place and keep getting bfn.
But to each its own. Some like to try as much as possible but for me I rather whack all the best in that one cycle since its heartache to see my wife get sad from all the bfn we had so far

Hi Gooiee, congratulations to you and your wife for the BFP. :)

I'm with KKH too, now undergoing short protocol, and plan for FET instead of immediate transfer.

Can I check how do you make appts for Intralipid with Dr Loh? And what is the cost? Do I understand correctly that your wife did only 1 round of Intralipid a few days prior to ET?

Thanks.

Anybody know what does hazy means during ultrasound when they measure for follicle size?

Hi dear, am not too sure why it's hazy. My left ovary also really hazy. See my readings all with question marks.

3/9 SD10 Review scan:
Lining 8.5?
Right 16, 14.5, 14.5, 14? 15, 10
Left 15?? 11.5? 12? 14?

But I think no cause for concern if ur doc nvr mention anything.

I did my ovum pick-up this morning. Managed to retrieve 13 eggs!!! I'm really happy for now as this is coming from someone with low AMH / reserve and high cycle cancellation rate. So this goes to show anything is possible sisters. Keeping my fingers crossed for ET on Wed.

Hi Gooiee, congratulations to you and your wife for the BFP. :)

I'm with KKH too, now undergoing short protocol, and plan for FET instead of immediate transfer.

Can I check how do you make appts for Intralipid with Dr Loh? And what is the cost? Do I understand correctly that your wife did only 1 round of Intralipid a few days prior to ET?

Thanks.
I made a call to his clinic and emailed him as well. Connie was kind enough to provide dr lohs email to me and he responds pretty fast (although) rather short and straight to the point

We did it four days before our ET. Now that we have our bfp, we are checking with him whether to do again

The cost is around $200 (can't remember exactly as wife paid for it)

hi ladies,
I'm been a silent reader to this forum and recently moved from 2WW thread to the IVF thread as I'm planning to embark on this journey. Sometimes I wonder why out of so many ladies, I/ (we) are the unfortunate ones who have to go through a long route to have a child of our own. Perhaps it's God's test for us, to see how much we are willing to sacrifice to have our own child. :( If any of you ladies here are on the IVF cycles, best of luck to you'all. Hope you strike on 1st attempt :)

I made a call to his clinic and emailed him as well. Connie was kind enough to provide dr lohs email to me and he responds pretty fast (although) rather short and straight to the point

We did it four days before our ET. Now that we have our bfp, we are checking with him whether to do again

Hi gooiee, thanks for sharing!

hi ladies,
I'm been a silent reader to this forum and recently moved from 2WW thread to the IVF thread as I'm planning to embark on this journey. Sometimes I wonder why out of so many ladies, I/ (we) are the unfortunate ones who have to go through a long route to have a child of our own. Perhaps it's God's test for us, to see how much we are willing to sacrifice to have our own child. :( If any of you ladies here are on the IVF cycles, best of luck to you'all. Hope you strike on 1st attempt :)
hi cake-lover, i felt the same way as you when confirmed having to do ivf.
out of so many ladies but why u having to go thru many things for a baby. but be positive!
thanks to the gals here for reminding me to be positive! if this is what we have to go thru, at least start the journey with the right mindset.
jiayou and have faith! the ladiez here are nice and will provide the support u need. :)
u r not alone..

Hello dear ladies... I'm also going for IVF in Sep.... Support, encouragement, tips, all welcome! :) Currently a bit nervous.

Take everything one step at a time. :) I was nervous too but you take the hurdles one at a time. The injections etc will be a breeze after a while. Just need to be positive and relax. Although yes, to say you must relax is easier said than done. Lol.

I don't know if anybody here tried the IVF belief CD before. It has tracks for the downregulation, stimulation and post embryo transfer. It's like a hypnosis plus visualisation CD. Unfortunately, I bought mine (from Amazon) only after ER so I've been listening to it Post ER only. Initially it feels strange. But it really helps me to relax and think positive thoughts. It's like a hypnosis CD. And hypnotized I was. LOL. I couldn't open my eyes until she said to open. I think Zita West has a hypnosis CD too. I bought the CD after reading online about these hypnosis. I'm on my 2WW. If my IVF is successful, I can lend mine to any of you also. :)

Hello sisters,

I did my transfer this morning. Put in two 8-cells embryos - one Grade 1 and one Grade 2. So now I am in 2ww... Need to go blood test on Monday morning to monitor my HCG and then pregnancy test on the 17th. Hoping for the best outcome!

Rest well and try not move about much!! All the best!! Jia yoh!!

Hi

Colettines, How much is this intralipid treatment cost per time? Is it spotting and u went to do it? Can know the purpose of doing?
@wondersss I did the drip b4 my ER & after my BT I did. My spotting didn't stop even after the oil jab. So I juz did the iv drip until my 8 week doc say no need anymore. The drip is more for stabilizing the baby & also suppress ur Nk cells. U can give it a try no harm. The drip actually contains fatty acid.

Last edited:
Just did my ER this morning and fell sick! Had a fever and blocked nose.. Quickly went clinic to get med after the ER and concussed til now.. Just want to recover within these two days so that body is in good condition during 2ww. Kkivf called but did not say how is the progress on the embryo fertilisation.. Only told me to go back on wed.. Keeping fingers crossed..

Just did my ER this morning and fell sick! Had a fever and blocked nose.. Quickly went clinic to get med after the ER and concussed til now.. Just want to recover within these two days so that body is in good condition during 2ww. Kkivf called but did not say how is the progress on the embryo fertilisation.. Only told me to go back on wed.. Keeping fingers crossed..

Hi dear, are you the first lady to do the ovum pick-up? If so, we prob crossed path in the changing room n I'm on the next bed to your left in the recovery room. Overheard the lady telling the nurse she has a cold. Not sure if its u?

just had the embryo transfer this morning.. feeling good, except for the ER sites still feeling sore (was preparing dinner , still feeling slight pain after about 20-30 min then have to rest). going about my usual activities - cooking, on the computer, sleeping .., but sitting with leg propped up.

But I'm wondering if it is ok to have a warm/hot shower to relax? read some website saying cannot have high temperature...?

just had the embryo transfer this morning.. feeling good, except for the ER sites still feeling sore (was preparing dinner , still feeling slight pain after about 20-30 min then have to rest). going about my usual activities - cooking, on the computer, sleeping .., but sitting with leg propped up.

But I'm wondering if it is ok to have a warm/hot shower to relax? read some website saying cannot have high temperature...?
Maybe lukewarm ok...nothing too hot

Hi hi....

I have a question...does anyone know the embryo grading for kkh?

I tried searching on internet regarding the grading of embryo, different website give different explanation of grading....

Thanks in advance

I refrain from hot shower. Just slightly warm. I did read from certain websites that it's not good to bathe in hot water.

Good luck! :)

Lol, are you short-haired?
Was feeling well and quite alert after the procedure. More pain at abdominal area after reached home.
No leh, no calls yet. I don't know if I shd call them??

Hi drammaqueenie,

During my last 2 ERs, KKH does not call after ER. I had to return to KKH 3 days later to prepare for ET. Seems like they have a change in process. Any idea what is the purpose of the call? To update on fertilisation status?

Read from another thread that you have 13 follicles retrieved. That's wonderful. Have a good rest and drink more water.

Hi drammaqueenie,

During my last 2 ERs, KKH does not call after ER. I had to return to KKH 3 days later to prepare for ET. Seems like they have a change in process. Any idea what is the purpose of the call? To update on fertilisation status?

Read from another thread that you have 13 follicles retrieved. That's wonderful. Have a good rest and drink more water.

Thanks dear, no lah, KKH still don't update on fertilisation status unlike other hosp. The call is merely to inform what time our embryo transfer will take place.

Good luck for your upcoming ET too!

Hi hi....

I have a question...does anyone know the embryo grading for kkh?

I tried searching on internet regarding the grading of embryo, different website give different explanation of grading....

Thanks in advance
Grade 5 is the best.
Average be grade 3.

Hello all. I did my ET this early afternoon at KKH. Told that my blood works not good. Progesterone level below average. Whichever, I go ahead with the transfer. Input two grade 4 embryos.
Did not want wait till Day 5 blast stage as am afraid my current embryos unable to survive that long in lab. May result with only one to transfer if worse when am to wait. DAY 5 will have highee chance to be pregnant; i declined the offer. With this current choice, I got two grade 3 embryos to be freezed.
Told the doc, I believe the womb be better place for my embryos to move on another stage.
In a few more days this month, will be my 40 birthday. May a BFP be my half century Birthday present. I think I can already test out on the Eve or the date of my birthday using the home kit should be pretty accurate. The following week be my blood work.
AF, I do not want to see or invite you this month. You are not welcome!

Hello all. I did my ET this early afternoon at KKH. Told that my blood works not good. Progesterone level below average. Whichever, I go ahead with the transfer. Input two grade 4 embryos.
Did not want wait till Day 5 blast stage as am afraid my current embryos unable to survive that long in lab. May result with only one to transfer if worse when am to wait. DAY 5 will have highee chance to be pregnant; i declined the offer. With this current choice, I got two grade 3 embryos to be freezed.
Told the doc, I believe the womb be better place for my embryos to move on another stage.
In a few more days this month, will be my 40 birthday. May a BFP be my half century Birthday present. I think I can already test out on the Eve or the date of my birthday using the home kit should be pretty accurate. The following week be my blood work.
All the best....and may you receive the best bday present this yr....your bfp:)

Low progesterone? then did the dr give u more progesterone support?

Hi gooiee, can you pls share Dr Loh's email with me?

Thanks.

Grade 4 is good. I only had 2 grade 3 and could bfp, (only prob other hidden issues that din keep it).
Stay chirpy allow good blood circulation and all will be good. All the best!

Grade 4 is good. I only had 2 grade 3 and could bfp, (only prob other hidden issues that din keep it).
Stay chirpy allow good blood circulation and all will be good. All the best!
Grade of the embryos only is it's quality. Some can even get BFP with low grade embryos. Very much will depends on our body and the uterus lining not to shred able to hold our "beans".
Thank you e concern. Am very fine. Is my experience able to walk this journey. I enjoy my 2ww now: )

@dramaqueenie did they say why u need to be under sedation again?

Cos my cervix is sitting pretty high so I will possibly be squirming and screaming a lot if it's not done under sedation. I did SIS previously last July and my report stated it's technically very challenging. They struggled for more than an hr and almost couldn't complete the scan.

All the best, teddy75! Awaiting your baby dusts! Yes, AF not welcome this month! Lol :)

i'm no expert... but wanted to share something i just saw: If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, avoid eating unripe papaya. http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/pregnancy-avoiding-papaya-topic-overview

And I just popped in 2 slices of it last night (on the same day of ET! gosh! :mad:) ... the papaya skin was mixture of green and orange, so was more of unripe, but it was on verge of rotting, hurry up got hubby to chop it up.

Now have to make sure the fruits I eat are safe, while still loading up on fruits and veggies. Hope the embryos are still safe... :(

anyone knows what other fruits to avoid (definitely avoid pineapple for sure)? Bananas, grapes , guava ok?

Last edited:
Hello all,

Today is considered day 4 post transfer. I am feeling a little cramp... :(

I don't know if I should just go home and put myself on bed rest.

Back