IVF/ICSI Support Group

hey I had gastritis too after the ER. but it was due to this KKH medication called carbegoline, they gave me to prevent the ohss. Had to postpone my day 3 ET to day 5, was too unfit (bloated, stomach pain).

Day 5 means blastocyst which has a higher chance of pregnancy. :)

Oooh I hate cabergoline.. it gave me the worst constipation! :-(

Feeling quite emo now. Waited since a little before 10. All the ladies who came after me alr went in for their OPU. Mine is transfer but under sedation so was placed after them. Didn't have anything to eat or drink since last night. Had stomach ache and needed to go toilet move my bowels but was told cannot becos I needed to keep my bladder full. Having gastritis again and nauseous now. Was told I still need to wait / tahan another 45mins!!! Really feel like just leaving
I'm now wondering is it because I had nothing to transfer that's why they placed me last?
hey dear. how are u now? resting now? all the best for your ET! Dont think so much! everything will be fine! jiayou!

Dear sisters, after my hiccups this morn (waited 3 agonising hrs from 10am - 1pm with full bladder and wanting to move my bowels + famished), I managed to proceed with my embryo transfer. I almost wanted to leave but held on.

Had 13 follicles retrieved, 12 were matured and injectable. 10 fertilised but only 5 became good grade embryos.

There's 2 miracles for me tdy. First miracle, my doc who is adamant abt me agreeing to only 1 embryo transfer, finally agreed to transfer 2, albeit that he spent a good 15 mins in the operating theatre to still convince me otherwise. So 2 embryos transferred and 3 frozen tdy. 2 more still monitoring but chances only 50-50. And final 2 also monitoring but very slim chances.

2nd miracle, was told very unexpectedly that my embryos are all looking nice. There's 2 x grade 5 (4 cells and 2 cells) and 3 x grade 4 (5 cells and 4 cells, last one forgotten). They transferred 1 x grade 5 & 1 x grade 4 (both 4 cells)

I told the embryologist that I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond to stim... She pat me on the shoulder that God heard ur prayers and I nearly tear.

Even though I read that many had failed with even top grade blasts but I'm really happy to make it this far. So don't give up sisters!

Im with sincere ..afraid not..failed my fet..going for my second one tis cycle =(

What abt u?

Which date are you going to start FET . I haven't started yet as KK tells can only call them first day of menses. Then they can arrange . This is going to be my first FET. Hope everything goes well .

Dear sisters, after my hiccups this morn (waited 3 agonising hrs from 10am - 1pm with full bladder and wanting to move my bowels + famished), I managed to proceed with my embryo transfer. I almost wanted to leave but held on.

Had 13 follicles retrieved, 12 were matured and injectable. 10 fertilised but only 5 became good grade embryos.

There's 2 miracles for me tdy. First miracle, my doc who is adamant abt me agreeing to only 1 embryo transfer, finally agreed to transfer 2, albeit that he spent a good 15 mins in the operating theatre to still convince me otherwise. So 2 embryos transferred and 3 frozen tdy. 2 more still monitoring but chances only 50-50. And final 2 also monitoring but very slim chances.

2nd miracle, was told very unexpectedly that my embryos are all looking nice. There's 2 x grade 5 (4 cells and 2 cells) and 3 x grade 4 (5 cells and 4 cells, last one forgotten). They transferred 1 x grade 5 & 1 x grade 4 (both 4 cells)

I told the embryologist that I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond to stim... She pat me on the shoulder that God heard ur prayers and I nearly tear.

Even though I read that many had failed with even top grade blasts but I'm really happy to make it this far. So don't give up sisters!
Congrats!! Lets keep the positivity during the 2ww! Jia you!

Hi ladies,

Am new here... been ttc for years and was with Dr Charles lim for some time but unsuccessful. Decided to move on to ivf. Do you girls go poly clinic to get subsidies? How much is the difference? Any doctor to recommend?

Ya we are the same on 25/9.. I got total 7 eggs fertilised.. 6 grade 4 1 grade 3.. And got 1 under observation..

Are you still in pain or discomfort? My abdomen very sore and tight. Felt like couldn't stand upright. Haven't taken any painkillers. Trying hard to refrain from taking meds. Will pop by O&G if it gets worse

Good morning sisters!

May I ask those on Duphaston for support if it has to be taken at the same time every day? Eg., if I take 8am, 3pm, 11pm I must follow this every day?

Thanks!
Hi koirc,

I am also on Duphaston. But my doctor never give me any timing to follow. He jus told me to take after breakfast, lunch and dinner. So I think there is no actual timing to follow.

Hi sisters doing ivf from all over Singapore, are u all given antibiotics post eggs retrieval? And for how many days? I'm with nuh, given 7 days of antibiotics post egg retrieval to be taken 2x a day. Just wondering whether this will affect subsequent implantation post transfer?

Those in their 2ww.
Do u have any thick white Virginia discharge? Very sure, not the shell from early Progesterone Pills. Today my day 3 post transfer.

Hi sisters doing ivf from all over Singapore, are u all given antibiotics post eggs retrieval? And for how many days? I'm with nuh, given 7 days of antibiotics post egg retrieval to be taken 2x a day. Just wondering whether this will affect subsequent implantation post transfer?

I wasn't given antibiotics post OPU / ET. I read some from kkivf were given. I forgot to ask so not sure if they forgot?

I am given 4 days antibiotic starting from trigger day. Am with kkh

Finally seen Prof Tan. He quite good looking ohh... Anyway, day 2 af so did a scan and found a small cyst but he said nvm leave it. And did blood test. Seeing him again next mth for result. Chances not high though.

ImageUploadedByForum1441841642.762949.jpg

One look what do u see? I'm confused. Thought I saw a faint line there. From afar does look like +.. Tested since 2 days (10dpt & 11dpt) and keep getting same result. BT suppose to be this 11th but was pushed to 14th due to polling day. So lucky, keep me in suspense 3 more days

Last edited:
Are you still in pain or discomfort? My abdomen very sore and tight. Felt like couldn't stand upright. Haven't taken any painkillers. Trying hard to refrain from taking meds. Will pop by O&G if it gets worse
@dramaqueenie i hope u feel better alrdy.. I didnt feel any pain other than feeling heavy at the lower half of the body walkig very slowly.. I still went to have a walk after dinner and buy some groceries..

Based on my last visit to KK with the fertility doctor he did not suggest for PGD. Cos we still got 75% chance that the baby will be alright.
Have yet to see my IVF doctor yet. Perhaps will have to hear from him 1st before more decision is made...
Now waiting for my mense to come so that i can go for the scan and blood test... =)

Currently what stage are you in ?
Hi, I'm now waiting for my FET in Oct. It's my first cycle doing IVF. Had done my ER, PGD, Polyps removal, n hv started my medication prior to FET.

Yes, good to hear what your doc says.

Hi ladies,

Am new here... been ttc for years and was with Dr Charles lim for some time but unsuccessful. Decided to move on to ivf. Do you girls go poly clinic to get subsidies? How much is the difference? Any doctor to recommend?
Hi b3lieves, i used to be under Charles Lim too, for Plan A. Heard that he has magic hands...
I am not sure about the difference, should be quite significant

Any sisters right now on Nore? Today is my day 10th! Supposed to stop at day 13.
Can I check usually menses come after we stop Nore issit?

Hello all, I'm new to this forum- not even sure I'm posting correctly. Anyway, my husband and I are looking for a great Ivf/Icsi clinic in Singapore. We have done most of our treatments in Australia but now it's getting too difficult to go back and forth.
Hubby has low sperm motility and poor morphology and I have secondary infertility. We have a child from our first round of Ivf-Icsi but have had no luck in the last 2 cycles despite great embryos. I am now thinking that there are problems with implantation.I am pretty terrified about starting the journey here in Singapore so would love any help I can get. Thanks ladies.

Hello all, I'm new to this forum- not even sure I'm posting correctly. Anyway, my husband and I are looking for a great Ivf/Icsi clinic in Singapore. We have done most of our treatments in Australia but now it's getting too difficult to go back and forth.
Hubby has low sperm motility and poor morphology and I have secondary infertility. We have a child from our first round of Ivf-Icsi but have had no luck in the last 2 cycles despite great embryos. I am now thinking that there are problems with implantation.I am pretty terrified about starting the journey here in Singapore so would love any help I can get. Thanks ladies.

Are u a foriegner or Singaporean?
Why I ask this is because if both u and hubby are Singaporean, then u will get to enjoy govt grant if u do it at govt hosp. If you're foreigner, then might as well do it at a pte hospital

I tf 2 blast for my first cycle, BFN. I know it's hard to decide. Want to tell us more about yourself?
Eg, how old? How many embryos u have? Is this ur first cycle?
@Dreamscometrue *Wave*! I am 35 years old. I failed my 1st fresh cycle with 2 D3 embryos transfer in Jun. This is my natural fet cycle. I still have 6 embryos left and they will be thawed on sat to culture from D3 to D5 blastocyst. If everything goes well, I will have my ET on next mon. At first my decision is to transfer one coz of doc told me blastocyst got higher chance of twin pregnancy. But later, I feel I shld transfer two. I afraid the remaining blastocysts will not survive the thawing if I need to use them another time if I am not preggy this round.

I do have it but most likely it's because mine is crinone inserts. Are you only taking the pills?

Am also using crinone gel. Used it for the first time last night. Told to walk 30mins after insertion of gel. Made a silly mistake. Forgot to pee just before the insertion of gel. Tahan until 1hr later, went to toilet to pee
This morning, I pee first before inserting. But becos I was having some symptoms of OHSS, was drowning myself with H2O. So bladder gets filled up really fast...

@Dreamscometrue *Wave*! I am 35 years old. I failed my 1st fresh cycle with 2 D3 embryos transfer in Jun. This is my natural fet cycle. I still have 6 embryos left and they will be thawed on sat to culture from D3 to D5 blastocyst. If everything goes well, I will have my ET on next mon. At first my decision is to transfer one coz of doc told me blastocyst got higher chance of twin pregnancy. But later, I feel I shld transfer two. I afraid the remaining blastocysts will not survive the thawing if I need to use them another time if I am not preggy this round.
They will thaw all 6? Well, if I've 6 embryos, I would opt to transfer 2 :) yes blast does have a higher chance of BFP, but that's theory.. Inside the womb, we don't know what's going on.. Haha
Anyway, the decision still lies on you :)

Am also using crinone gel. Used it for the first time last night. Told to walk 30mins after insertion of gel. Made a silly mistake. Forgot to pee just before the insertion of gel. Tahan until 1hr later, went to toilet to pee
This morning, I pee first before inserting. But becos I was having some symptoms of OHSS, was drowning myself with H2O. So bladder gets filled up really fast...
How many times do u need to insert the gel?

We are Australian. So no grant for us. We get Medicare in aus but with all the travel and accommodation it works out to be around the same price as doing it here in Singapore.

Back