IVF/ICSI Support Group

Go see dr loh's bro in KL! also a gynae. :p

If not, go see dato colin who will do genetic embyro testing to sieve out a choromosome normal embyro before transfer. My gf failed countless times in spore under different reputable ivf gynae. Not even one time pregnant. But under dato colin, she now has a daughter n pregnant w no 2. 2 fresh cycles all successful. Each time only 1~2 normal embyro confirmed by genetic testing.

BTW I asked Dr Loh if we can do this embryo test But he says sg not allowed. So disappointing

Go see dr loh's bro in KL! also a gynae. :p

If not, go see dato colin who will do genetic embyro testing to sieve out a choromosome normal embyro before transfer. My gf failed countless times in spore under different reputable ivf gynae. Not even one time pregnant. But under dato colin, she now has a daughter n pregnant w no 2. 2 fresh cycles all successful. Each time only 1~2 normal embyro confirmed by genetic testing.
Thanks, but i hope to do the lining scanning etc in SIN so that I can reduce travelling time to KL :) So the next time i go KL, just need to do ET..

BTW I asked Dr Loh if we can do this embryo test But he says sg not allowed. So disappointing
yup...SIN dun allows PDG test. In Malaysia yes, but costly, app RM15k. Does Dr loh suggested u to take any sub to improve egg quality since he said u can start in Dec if u want ? I understand that poor quality embryo can't implant ?

Hey babe, Sorry just saw your msg n have alrdy finished seeing Dr Loh. Was not able to help u ask. Sorry abt that

Dr Loh says the embrologist comments were my eggs were grainy. So bad egg quality.

Can I get advice from u girls? I have 2more frozen embryos. If all the eggs r grainy, Then likely the two frozen embryos r not able to grow in my body right? Should I abort FeT n go for a fresh cycle?
The other time i done mine at KK, they didn't even give me a report on my egg quality :((

Last edited:
Just back from scan after stimulating for 6 days. How big should the follicles be to be considered normal? I only have 2 on my right and about 7 on the left. The biggest is about 16mm only.

Hi all,

I started my IVF on 5 Nov had 2 jab, Lucrin 20IU in the morning and Gonal F 300IU at night. Today went for a scan and the doc increase my Gonal F to 375IU. I'm worry that my follicle not responding. I like to know it take how long to respond?

Anybody can advise?

Hey babe, Sorry just saw your msg n have alrdy finished seeing Dr Loh. Was not able to help u ask. Sorry abt that

Dr Loh says the embrologist comments were my eggs were grainy. So bad egg quality.

Can I get advice from u girls? I have 2more frozen embryos. If all the eggs r grainy, Then likely the two frozen embryos r not able to grow in my body right? Should I abort FeT n go for a fresh cycle?
I had grainy eggs with cycle1. Did it at MtE IVF. The embryologist suggested to change lifestyle and i did. Lots of fresh fruits, green leafy veg, water, i cut down all the bad stuff (sweets, cakes, junk, tea, coffee) and exercise. And enough sleep.

My 2nd fresh was 2 months later and visible improvement. Can give that a try.

I had grainy eggs with cycle1. Did it at MtE IVF. The embryologist suggested to change lifestyle and i did. Lots of fresh fruits, green leafy veg, water, i cut down all the bad stuff (sweets, cakes, junk, tea, coffee) and exercise. And enough sleep.

To answer your question, I had 2 snowbabies which thawed & grew for the FET. I went for another fresh while the eggs were younger instead of waiting for 3 months, do the FET, then fail and wait again another 3 months for fresh. But i was already mid-34yo at that time.
Just for the sharing, the snowbabies from the grainy cycle did survive thaw and grew but didnt work (but i had poor lining issues throughout my FET attempts).

Need to follow your heart and balance our your own path.

Hi all,

I started my IVF on 5 Nov had 2 jab, Lucrin 20IU in the morning and Gonal F 300IU at night. Today went for a scan and the doc increase my Gonal F to 375IU. I'm worry that my follicle not responding. I like to know it take how long to respond?

Anybody can advise?

To be fair no one will know as every women's body differ (which is why you start w 300iu and some with less, some with more). The doctors use a few indicators to estimate the starting point.

Just hv to trust the doctor & pray. Sure will response just depends if the dosage is enough to push it to maturity at ER. Don't worry too much. Stay positive. Good luck!!!

did u ask Dr loh abt the 2 frozen embryos? I would give the embryos a chance.. coz I seen bfp cases will lower grade embryos.

I had my first stim jabs today... 400iu puregon and 10iu lucrin. Will need to jab until sat and go for scan to see how the follicles are growing.

Hi all,

Anybody can advise?
humm.... let the doc to do the worrying... meanwhile u can up your protein intake ... it helps in follicle growth :)

Dear all,

I have recently given birth to a baby boy n this coming Fri will b his full month. Will be placing 200 red eggs in the morning, before 11am at Shuang Lin temple (toa payoh) & zsnn opp shi ma Lu temple. Baby dust to all ladies who have been trying. Do not give up.

I have tried ivf twice n failed. Naturally conceived 2 mths after 2nd failed ivf. Thought it was impossible for me to conceive naturally but miracle happened. Hope my red eggs can bring luck to you.

Such beautiful story Sj. Congrats too.

Can I ask some questions? How old are you? What did doc share about the 2 failed attempts? And why was it so that it is hard for you to conceive?

Dear all,

I have recently given birth to a baby boy n this coming Fri will b his full month. Will be placing 200 red eggs in the morning, before 11am at Shuang Lin temple (toa payoh) & zsnn opp shi ma Lu temple. Baby dust to all ladies who have been trying. Do not give up.

I have tried ivf twice n failed. Naturally conceived 2 mths after 2nd failed ivf. Thought it was impossible for me to conceive naturally but miracle happened. Hope my red eggs can bring luck to you.
the 注生娘娘 is inside guan im temple mah?

Ttc77, I recalled that u mentioned that yr embryo was graded 1 and 2? How come grainy can still be graded 1?

Thanks a lot Archie7. Just now I tried to call 1 number I google on Internet, the person doesn't understand what is IVF and my Chinese is limited :(

@riverone you're welcome. Alamak, if a person in a clinic does not even know what IVF stands for, I would not want to step into that clinic at all. Even my super cheena TCM doc in Sydney knew terms like IUI and IVF. :eek:

Hi,
Was told by my gynae that I am not suitable to consume DHEA, hence decided to sell away.
Expiry: March 2017.
DHEA-25mg (90 capsules)-Brand new.

Location to deal: Sengkang, Serangoon, Promenade, Chinatown, Dhoby Gaut MRTs

Such beautiful story Sj. Congrats too.

Can I ask some questions? How old are you? What did doc share about the 2 failed attempts? And why was it so that it is hard for you to conceive?

I am 36 this yr. My 1st attempt was 2 yrs ago. Had put in 2 blastocyst but failed. Bfp 70+ n it dropped on 2nd bt n I cried my eyes out. I have low amh to begin with considering my age was 34 then. My hubby sperm morphology was less than 1%. After failed attempt, tried numerous so iui but all failed. I have tried tcm, accupuncture etc. Then last yr jun, an incidental finding showed i have raised liver enzymes due to tcm intake...I am nt suitable to ingest tcm. Blood test incident findings also showed I am Ana positive...hubby n I were devastated to know we have so many obstacles. We changed dr for 2nd ivf last oct n result was a total disaster. Only 1 embro n wasn't looking gd. Had to ET on 2nd day as dr thk may nt survive if kept few more days. N it really failed. At tat time I really thk I won't get preg at all. After picking myself up, I went to see rheumatologist in jan to find out more abt my autoimmune disorder n further bt showed I also have anti ro which may attack bb's heart if I am preg. In jan, I also found out my Pap smear was class 2...adding more n more problems to face...n miracle happened in feb this yr, I realized I was preg abt menses did not come. Had many false alarms till I didn't dare to try poas till after a long wait n it was the biggest surprise that I saw bfp more than 3 weeks...it was really a miracle...had regular follow up with gynae to ensure my autoimmune did not harm my bb. Am glad he is out nw safely in my arms. Miracles do happen when least expected. Pls jy...every mth is a possibility!

Hi sj
Where is zsnn opp so ma Lu?
U can go to shi ma Lu to pray first then u ask the stores outside (selling flowers etc) where is zsnn...they will point to u the direction. It's on 2nd floor facing the temple. There will b a few aunties sitting nearby. U tell them u wana pray to zsnn, they will bring u there n help u pray.

yup...SIN dun allows PDG test. In Malaysia yes, but costly, app RM15k. Does Dr loh suggested u to take any sub to improve egg quality since he said u can start in Dec if u want ? I understand that poor quality embryo can't implant ?

I'm doing fet. Not fresh cycle.
He says nothing I need to do, But just continue with folic acid

Then I check with him on taking DHEa. He says that is more suitable for ppl with Low ovarian reserve.But I have many eggs But quality bad.so he says not really suitable as it's not meant to significantly improve egg quality. N he told me taking dhea will cause pimple outbreak

It ended before it began. Today's beta is 7. Sigh

Hi there. I'm so Sorry to hear about that and Big hugs to your wife. I've just been tru it and I can understand How devastating that is.

She needs a lot of support now so give her the emotional support she needs now.

After straightening my thoughts, I think it is impt to be positive and I Hope your wife can move on soon n prepare herself well for the next cycle

Hihi do u mind me asking do u have any frozen from your cycle 1?n did u use them if u have?

To answer your question, I had 2 snowbabies which thawed & grew for the FET. I went for another fresh while the eggs were younger instead of waiting for 3 months, do the FET, then fail and wait again another 3 months for fresh. But i was already mid-34yo at that time.
Just for the sharing, the snowbabies from the grainy cycle did survive thaw and grew but didnt work (but i had poor lining issues throughout my FET attempts).

Need to follow your heart and balance our your own path.

Just saw this post of yours

That is v encouraging to know your snowbabies did grow. Thanks for sharing babe. Cos when Dr Loh showed me the reports,I alrdy saw the quality of my other snowbabies are also grainy eggs. Thats why I'm afraid FET will also fail

did u ask Dr loh abt the 2 frozen embryos? I would give the embryos a chance.. coz I seen bfp cases will lower grade embryos.

Hope I'm not flooding the forum.Hahha!
Yup I did asked him. He says bad egg quality can still be a good grade embryo . So good grade doesn't necessarily mean it's good

I love your story Sj! I am ANA positive as well and am taking aspirin and jabbing myself with heparin daily. So nervous abt tomorrow's fet. I want this to be successful so badly cause 2 miscarriages is enough! I don't want another. :(

Reactions: Sj
Sj thanks for sharing. I think your encounters had been very challenging indeed. I don't believe anymore that that we need to do or not need something during ivf (those non medical ones). God will grant you when it's the right time and your prayers have been truly answered. Enjoy your parenthood.

Hi all,

Anybody can advise?

Try loading up egg whites now?

Back