IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks everyone. I really totally cannot stop crying. But I will pull myself up n prepare for the next cycle

Thanks everyone!!

Hugs.. Cry out n let go of all emotions. Aft that we pick ourselves up n continue poking.. Someday we will get there..

Can I ask for some advice

I will wanna meet Dr Loh for review.

Do u all think I should see another doc to seek a second opinion?

If u think u will feel better, why not? I believe in Dr Yu too.. But I also see Dr Loh for 2nd opinion. Getting a 2nd opinion doesn't mean u dun trust him, u just wan a diff view pt

Just went to o n g kkh and met the best doctor ever. She carefully explained a lot of things to us. Less than 5 beta means not pregnant n usually more than 25 means pregnant so she saying can't say we are or we are not yet. Also the best thing was she checked the cervix and said its still closed so means the red blood is not af blood. Although it doesn't mean af won't come but at least assures us about the blood and also mention it's common even for pregnant to have blood and af cramps. This really puts the depression out of my wife for now. Just pray for beta to increase nicely. After next week at least we can confirm a yes or a no

Is ur wife drinking chicken essence? Maybe it's late implantation n hence the slightly low beta now? Perhaps bed rest n drink chicken essence to help support it?

Is ur wife drinking chicken essence? Maybe it's late implantation n hence the slightly low beta now? Perhaps bed rest n drink chicken essence to help support it?
Yeah she is drinking chicken essence everyday and I make red date longan tea for her everyday too

He has less than 30 soldiers. Me now alone at kkh waiting for post op review. Father in law just passed away this am. Hence hubby cant do sa freezing n accompany me to this long waited appt as need to attend to his wake matters. Maybi its all fated. Hope i will not get bad news on my surgery review later facing it alone.

So sorry to hear that... My condolences to you, your hubby and his family. Hope that everything went well for you on your surgery review.

As you were saying, he has less than 30 as in? 30 mil? My DH sa is also not that good. His count is ok but motility and morphology is not and i have done quite a lot of research in the past years and have learn a number of supplement that will help. I have tried and true enough it does help. Don't know if you believe in supplements but i did come across one that can help in counts. I have attached the link for you to have a look (http://www.fairhavenhealth.com/countboost.html). As my DH issues is not on count so i didn't put him on this supplement. I give him Pycnogenol to help in morphology and have seen improvement.

In fact they also have one supplement that will help in the quality of our eggs. Maybe ladies here with egg's issue might want to have a look at their supplement. http://www.fairhavenhealth.com/ovaboost.html

So sorry to hear that... My condolences to you, your hubby and his family. Hope that everything went well for you on your surgery review.

As you were saying, he has less than 30 as in? 30 mil? My DH sa is also not that good. His count is ok but motility and morphology is not and i have done quite a lot of research in the past years and have learn a number of supplement that will help. I have tried and true enough it does help. Don't know if you believe in supplements but i did come across one that can help in counts. I have attached the link for you to have a look (http://www.fairhavenhealth.com/countboost.html). As my DH issues is not on count so i didn't put him on this supplement. I give him Pycnogenol to help in morphology and have seen improvement.

In fact they also have one supplement that will help in the quality of our eggs. Maybe ladies here with egg's issue might want to have a look at their supplement. http://www.fairhavenhealth.com/ovaboost.html
Its 30 not 30mil..he was born with little sperms.we are on supplements for a good 9 mths. Quality n count improve a bit but still less than 100. Doc says supplements cant help on qy for his case but can bet on quality improvement. Now we are on tcm n supplements. Just hope heaven will take pity on us.
My review on my side was ok. Doc remove e polyps. Thks for yr well wishes :)

I don't mean I wanna argue on the results
The results are surely negative.nothing to argue
What I mean is to seek another doc opinion to see what I can do better for the next cycle. N assess what have I possibly done wrong so I can prepare myself better for the next cycle

Hi ttc77, do whatever that will make you feel better... even if it means to see another 2 doc. Everyone of us here wants to seek for an answer although sometimes we might not get one but at the end of the day, just remember don't give up hope! I understand how it feels when the end result is a disappointed one... cry it out! And after that, pick yourself up and continue with your dream. We are all here to support one another and many of the people around us will never understand it... so feel lucky that you are not alone. Hug Hug.

Its 30 not 30mil..we are on supplements for a good 9 mths. Quality n count improve a bit but still less than 100. Now we are on tcm. Just hope heaven will take pity on us.
My review on my side was ok. Doc remove e polyps. Thks :)

At least that is one gd news!! I agree that maybe tcm will be able to help.. anyway no harm in giving it a try. As long as there is soldiers even if it's only 30 you can still win the battle.. after all what you need is just that 1 strong one. I m sure God sees the effort we have put in and he will bless us. Will keep u in my prayer.

At least that is one gd news!! I agree that maybe tcm will be able to help.. anyway no harm in giving it a try. As long as there is soldiers even if it's only 30 you can still win the battle.. after all what you need is just that 1 strong one. I m sure God sees the effort we have put in and he will bless us. Will keep u in my prayer.
Thank you!! I certainly hope there will be a good warrior. Not asking for too much. :)

Hi ladies,

I'm in my 7dp2dt...

I rang up kkh and requested for the mid luteul phase progesterone blood test.

Got the result today and found that my level is at borderline low... On my way down to get additional support... Praying that everything is ok.

Hi ladies,

I'm in my 7dp2dt...

I rang up kkh and requested for the mid luteul phase progesterone blood test.

Got the result today and found that my level is at borderline low... On my way down to get additional support... Praying that everything is ok.

Hi KKH did the test for you? i called and requested they say they don't monitor. :(

anyway, any idea what is your result that they consider borderline low?

Hi KKH did the test for you? i called and requested they say they don't monitor. :(

anyway, any idea what is your result that they consider borderline low?

Yah they refuse in the beginning cos the nurse mentioned that usually with insets they should boost our level quite sufficiently. But I told them that I have history of low progesterone when I did iui. So requested if they can help to check with the doc. Thank God the doc agreed. If not I might just pop by O&G...

My level is at 28.9... Normal level is between 30-50

yes in my tww too.. today is 9dp2dt..
i have history of chem preg, so wanted to do the progesterone test to make sure support is sufficient.. very scared..
Kkh sucks. Really wished they gave us the progesterone earlier when we requested. They didn't allow and now our beta is in limbo. So pissed off

yes in my tww too.. today is 9dp2dt..
i have history of chem preg, so wanted to do the progesterone test to make sure support is sufficient.. very scared..

Do u want to try O&G? when I did my iuis in raffles the doc mentioned my levels are consistently low. So that was brought up and discussed as an issue during our consultation. So maybe that's why doc agree.

In any case the nurses advise to me to be gutted cos she says that once pregnancy body will produce our own progesterone... So it more or less mean that implantation haven't take place. Since it's already 7dp2dt so must expect the worst and pray for the best.

Hopeful_still, d7pd2t is way too early to be gutted.

Have faith in fate. Hang in there sister and hoping for the best coz we need more baby dust.

Kkh sucks. Really wished they gave us the progesterone earlier when we requested. They didn't allow and now our beta is in limbo. So pissed off

Hi gooie, I hear your frustration. Working in a healthcare setting Im sure that all clinics have their own protocol and even some private clinic don't do the test as well ( I was calling up some private clinic to ask for a private test) it might really be a case by case thru medical history consideration. There are many reasons to why a cycle didn't work and progesterone might not be the sole cause of it.

All is not lost for you and your wife. Will pray for a nice increase in your next beta ya. :)

Hi gooie, I hear your frustration. Working in a healthcare setting Im sure that all clinics have their own protocol and even some private clinic don't do the test as well ( I was calling up some private clinic to ask for a private test) it might really be a case by case thru medical history consideration. There are many reasons to why a cycle didn't work and progesterone might not be the sole cause of it.

All is not lost for you and your wife. Will pray for a nice increase in your next beta ya. :)

Thanks for your comfort. Being the crazy husband I spent all the time googling about our numbers and honestly it doesn't look good. With such a low beta it could be ectopic, chemical or even chances of high mc later on. Granted there are great stories of successes but they are so few in between. So feeling very bad but yet trying to keep my wife spirits up so decided not to say anything until after Monday.

Hey! Can I ask where you got pcynogenol for your hub? Is it found in this fair haven supplement?

Hey! Can I ask where you got pcynogenol for your hub? Is it found in this fair haven supplement?

Hi lemon tart, what I got for my hub is pure pcynogenol (btw it is also called French maritime pine bark extract) and you can get it in places like GNC, Natural Farm and pharmacy but getting it from online will be much cheaper. I used to buy it from Natural Farm but it's really ex. (around $150+ depend on how many mg) Where as website like iHerb is only selling USD60+ for 120cap @ 100mg. Only downside is you got to wait 1-2 weeks.

For this fair haven supplement they use mainly CoQ10, they don't add pcynogenol... in fact i think most of the supplement does not use pcynogenol, it is more of a standalone supplement. I have added this link with study done by Dr. Scott Roseff ( http://www.reproendo.com/html/pycnogenol-research-study.html) You might want to have a read.

I have 45 pills left for GNC Pinebark and would like to give them away free. Expire in 2016. It is quite expensive so do not want to waste. PM me if you would like to have it.

Hi lemon tart, what I got for my hub is pure pcynogenol (btw it is also called French maritime pine bark extract) and you can get it in places like GNC, Natural Farm and pharmacy but getting it from online will be much cheaper. I used to buy it from Natural Farm but it's really ex. (around $150+ depend on how many mg) Where as website like iHerb is only selling USD60+ for 120cap @ 100mg. Only downside is you got to wait 1-2 weeks.

For this fair haven supplement they use mainly CoQ10, they don't add pcynogenol... in fact i think most of the supplement does not use pcynogenol, it is more of a standalone supplement. I have added this link with study done by Dr. Scott Roseff ( http://www.reproendo.com/html/pycnogenol-research-study.html) You might want to have a read.
Hi kevangie,thanks. E url is useful. How long did yr hubby take before u see e improvement in morphology?

Jumbo gal, did yr hubby see improvement too? After how many mths of consumption before u see e effects?

Hello girls, I'm back!

Thanks u all for the kind words n encouragement. I'm feeling a lot better after crying my hearts out the whole Friday. My Hubby and I were very sad n devastated on Fri But we have decided to put it all behind us and have put a closure to this episode. We will now look forward to the next FET.

We have decided to meet Dr Loh Tml n see what he says n see Dr zou n do tcm n acupuncture n change my diet to prepare my body well for the next FET.

We will remain positive as we believe it's really a matter of time we hold our baby in our arms as long as we do not stop trying: )

Gooiee, there is still Hope. Stay positive and I pray for u that the beta level will be a good one tml for your wife. Jia you!!!!

Connie my hb is one person who don't want to take supplements. So he quit after half box. His SA did improve but he also take other supplements which might contribute to it.

Also I have half bottle of pharmanatural dhea to give away free.

Hi kevangie,thanks. E url is useful. How long did yr hubby take before u see e improvement in morphology?

Jumbo gal, did yr hubby see improvement too? After how many mths of consumption before u see e effects?

In just 2 months there is already an improvement.. but most supplement for fertility will need at least 3-6 month to see more improvement so hope that by Jan we will be able to at least see some good quality sa.

Hello girls, I'm back!

Thanks u all for the kind words n encouragement. I'm feeling a lot better after crying my hearts out the whole Friday. My Hubby and I were very sad n devastated on Fri But we have decided to put it all behind us and have put a closure to this episode. We will now look forward to the next FET.

We have decided to meet Dr Loh Tml n see what he says n see Dr zou n do tcm n acupuncture n change my diet to prepare my body well for the next FET.

We will remain positive as we believe it's really a matter of time we hold our baby in our arms as long as we do not stop trying: )
Hi glad to see that you are staying positive in all of this. It's hard but positivity is key to a healthy pregnancy. We on the other side is being killed badly by Google. Majority of low beta at 15dpo ends in mc or ectopic or chemical. Sigh. But we did have a talk and decided that if its not meant to be then at least we know it's possible to implant so we need to focus on sticking it for the next round.

Ttc77 do share with us your review (if u don't mind that is) after you meet him. Hopefully can shed some light

Hi glad to see that you are staying positive in all of this. It's hard but positivity is key to a healthy pregnancy. We on the other side is being killed badly by Google. Majority of low beta at 15dpo ends in mc or ectopic or chemical. Sigh. But we did have a talk and decided that if its not meant to be then at least we know it's possible to implant so we need to focus on sticking it for the next round.

Ttc77 do share with us your review (if u don't mind that is) after you meet him. Hopefully can shed some light

Sure no problem. I will share with everyone after I met him for review n see what he suggests for the next round.

I did Google on beta of 17 as well. There were some girls in uk Who went on to have a successful pregnancy so there is really still Hope. How is your wife now?

In just 2 months there is already an improvement.. but most supplement for fertility will need at least 3-6 month to see more improvement so hope that by Jan we will be able to at least see some good quality sa.
Thanks. All e best to you kevangie! My hubby tried coq10,vit c,vit e,zinc etc but yet to try this pcynogenol. I will speak to him on this see if he wanna try

Continue thinking positively!

I had asked my dr before about the chances of low hcg, myself had it in feb. As long as hcg is doubling nicely, is good news.

Hi all, wanna ask those who did long protocol ivf at kkh, when do u start your jab? Day 21 or day 2 of the previous menses cycle?

I will see dr loh at tmc for 2nd opion as kkh dr say i can do my fresh cycle in jan. Worry that too fast also will get neg result.[/QUOTE
jieqi ,was your previous FET medicated or natural? if natural fet i think dun even have to wait that long as there are no chemicals or hormones in your body. my dr told me if i were to fail my next FET in dec, i can start fresh immediately in jan. i failed my first fresh in oct and dr gve the go ahead to do FET in dec

I'm also seeing Dr Loh today to see if Jan is too fast. I will let u all know what Dr Loh says too as mine is also Oct
Dear TTC77, can help me to check if using donor programme in Malaysia, will he help to cooridinate and send the scanning results etc to the Malaysia side on the behalf of paitent?

I'm also seeing Dr Loh today to see if Jan is too fast. I will let u all know what Dr Loh says too as mine is also Oct
I had a failed ivf in Sep while with KK, Dr loh suggested me to start in Dec. So chances is that he will think it is ok to proceed ny taking dhea. But i decided to go for donor programme in overseas le...

Dear TTC77, can help me to check if using donor programme in Malaysia, will he help to cooridinate and send the scanning results etc to the Malaysia side on the behalf of paitent?

Hey babe, Sorry just saw your msg n have alrdy finished seeing Dr Loh. Was not able to help u ask. Sorry abt that

Dr Loh says the embrologist comments were my eggs were grainy. So bad egg quality.

Can I get advice from u girls? I have 2more frozen embryos. If all the eggs r grainy, Then likely the two frozen embryos r not able to grow in my body right? Should I abort FeT n go for a fresh cycle?

Go see dr loh's bro in KL! also a gynae. :p

If not, go see dato colin who will do genetic embyro testing to sieve out a choromosome normal embyro before transfer. My gf failed countless times in spore under different reputable ivf gynae. Not even one time pregnant. But under dato colin, she now has a daughter n pregnant w no 2. 2 fresh cycles all successful. Each time only 1~2 normal embyro confirmed by genetic testing.

Back