IVF/ICSI Support Group

Happypeanut you will definitely be briefed on next ivf in the coming consultation. Doc will put you in the ivf patient list once she decides which cycle you should start again.

Connie all will be well. And sorry to hear the news. It's a tough period for you and hubby.

For those bfn, the reality hurts but we shall stand tall again soon.

I kept the needles in the fridge... hope it can numb .. heehee...

I heard that cold needles make it more painful.

Diabetics also hear from doc to put their insulin to room temperature before jabbing to reduce the pain. I have a few diabetics in family so I know.

I find that if you pinch nearer to the spot u jab, not so much pain.

If you have low pain threshold then you should numb your tummy and not the needle la.

Maybe put an ice on the tummy spot for few seconds?

Went for the blood test 2 days back, our 1st ivf unsuccessful. Very disappointed, but hubby and I are thinking of how to move on from here.

Would like to check - is the follow-up consultation with Dr necessary or useful (I'm with kk)? I doubt Dr can tell us more about why it's unsuccessful. Is it for more discussion on the 2nd round ?

I've tried making appt with tcm Dr TSB, but earliest appt is in late Jan 15. Can any sister recommend other TCM? Thanks.

Sorry to hear this.. But I did go back for the review. Cux I wanted to see if dr can guess the reason of the failure and if there could b anything I do to prepare my eggs for the nx cycle..

I m seeing dr chan at marine parade and dr Zhao at raffles for accu.

Sorry to hear this.. But I did go back for the review. Cux I wanted to see if dr can guess the reason of the failure and if there could b anything I do to prepare my eggs for the nx cycle..

Can I check with u what did doc say?did he say why it's failed?

I can't understand too. I had 2 top grade embryos n yet they still fail to stick
Hi ttc77. I understand and can feel ur sadness now. It happened to me too, dr put in 2 best grade embroyos, still din implant. On the flip side, need to
console ourselves that never implant cld mean embroyo quality not good even though the shape may look nice. N if poor quality embryos Nvr implant, it's nature's call n better than mc later. Now is v painful becos we will be thinking abt the image of the embryos sticking to the womb n why it didn't happen for us. Give yrself a while. Get over it n look forward to trying again. Stay positive! In the meantime let ur body recuperate n get ready for its next venture. I'm with you. Take care.

Thanks, Hopeful. Think I'll go back for the consultation. Will google more on the TCM too.

Wait... I thougt anything above 6 consider pregnant?
It is just have to recheck again to confirm if it is double or not.
CMIWW
Nurse said not really possible because there is red spotting. Next blood test is Monday. Now dunno what to do. Do u think we should go get a progesterone jab someplace else? Any hope still??

Nurse said not really possible because there is red spotting. Next blood test is Monday. Now dunno what to do. Do u think we should go get a progesterone jab someplace else? Any hope still??

How abt u call o n g now at tmc to chk? Maybe still have Hope?

Our beta came back 17. What does it mean? Implant but Lost it?
So sorry to hear. She's v lucky to have you so supportive. If she wasnt on any HCG based supports, then probably an attempt to implant and didn't go further. Why? Could be any reason...

BUT, they did ask her to back for 2nd BT. Sometimes miracle happens when we least expect it.

But if it didnt turn out to be a miracle, at least you know the embbie did try to go in step further. Just need a good one the next time.

An old saying is hope for the best but prepare for the worst. She will be ok with your sincere love.

Let her cry. She deserves to be able to cry it out for her courage.

Thanks everyone for your kind and encouraging words. Now that we calmed down a bit I am so sorry for my sudden outburst earlier on. We were at a loss just now and upset by what the nurse said and upset why they don't offer prog jab to help hold it in.

All in all having a number is in itself a good thing and so we can only hope it goes up and not down.

Once again sorry for the outburst

This is really upsetting. I have yet to receive any call from Thomson fertility center.they promise to call me before 5pm for my results.

I can't even have a closure now.

Ya they are open tomorrow. But their service really sux.
I reached clinic at 1040am and I was asked to wait till 1230pm to have the blood test.

Nurse says results will be out by 5pm and likely they will call me between 4pm to 5pm

It's 530pm now.no one called me or my husband. We tried calling o and g and their attitude was v bad. Just throw us tfc hotline n Hang up the phone

We then Tried calling Thomson medical center hotline, they say no point calling tfc anymore Cos they close at 5pm n all the staff would have gone back at 5pm

I think it's not nice really that they didnt delivery what they promised but anyway nothing can be done now. Not that your test result is not important... but just that try to not think too much about it. You can only wait till tomorrow morning. So try to have a good dinner and a hot bath and an early sleep.

Are you having full af-like flow ttc77?

Oh no, this is bad. It's really upsetting for you to go thru this when you wish to know the outcome urgently.

At kkh I didn't have to wait for the blood test cos I was the first in the queue when they opened at 7.30am. And they called me at 11am++, earlier than the promised 1-4pm.

Hugs, hope that all will be well. Are you continuing your progesterone? Maybe sd do so till the bt is out, cos there's still hope.

Chin up ladies. I've had 1 failed ivf so I truly understand but you must be brave and believe. Sometimes embies don't stick cause they are no good. You didn't do anything wrong. Take the time to recover emotionally and physically.

Ya they are open tomorrow. But their service really sux.
I reached clinic at 1040am and I was asked to wait till 1230pm to have the blood test.

Nurse says results will be out by 5pm and likely they will call me between 4pm to 5pm

It's 530pm now.no one called me or my husband. We tried calling o and g and their attitude was v bad. Just throw us tfc hotline n Hang up the phone

We then Tried calling Thomson medical center hotline, they say no point calling tfc anymore Cos they close at 5pm n all the staff would have gone back at 5pm
This is really irresponsible of them. Going home without the call to u. Even if it's not ready they should have called to tell u to wait till tmr. I feel for u as this is so terrible

Thanks everyone. I really totally cannot stop crying. But I will pull myself up n prepare for the next cycle

Thanks everyone!!

Can I ask for some advice

I will wanna meet Dr Loh for review.

Do u all think I should see another doc to seek a second opinion?

Just went to o n g kkh and met the best doctor ever. She carefully explained a lot of things to us. Less than 5 beta means not pregnant n usually more than 25 means pregnant so she saying can't say we are or we are not yet. Also the best thing was she checked the cervix and said its still closed so means the red blood is not af blood. Although it doesn't mean af won't come but at least assures us about the blood and also mention it's common even for pregnant to have blood and af cramps. This really puts the depression out of my wife for now. Just pray for beta to increase nicely. After next week at least we can confirm a yes or a no

You're with dr Loh?

You mean see another doc for next ivf? I think dr Loh is top notch already.

Ya I'm with Dr Loh

I mean just see another doc n see what he says abt our reports etc n see what he says lor
Don't know if I should
Don't think I will switch doc Cos like u say, I feel Dr Loh is top notch

Just went to o n g kkh and met the best doctor ever. She carefully explained a lot of things to us. Less than 5 beta means not pregnant n usually more than 25 means pregnant so she saying can't say we are or we are not yet. Also the best thing was she checked the cervix and said its still closed so means the red blood is not af blood. Although it doesn't mean af won't come but at least assures us about the blood and also mention it's common even for pregnant to have blood and af cramps. This really puts the depression out of my wife for now. Just pray for beta to increase nicely. After next week at least we can confirm a yes or a no

Ya I agree u still have chance!!
All the best Ok!!!!

I feel BT doesn't lie. As much as it is so disappointing, I would rather close the chapter and move on. Ivf really is not about one shot one hit.

But if you feel more mind rested if you see another doc, then I guess no harm.

I feel BT doesn't lie. As much as it is so disappointing, I would rather close the chapter and move on. Ivf really is not about one shot one hit.

But if you feel more mind rested if you see another doc, then I guess no harm.

I don't mean I wanna argue on the results
The results are surely negative.nothing to argue
What I mean is to seek another doc opinion to see what I can do better for the next cycle. N assess what have I possibly done wrong so I can prepare myself better for the next cycle

I feel sometimes it's about timing. Not what one has or has not done.

Maybe how about giving your full faith on Dr Loh? You're in good hands. Perhaps after the review with him you will feel more settled down. It's really a tough day for you. Don't think about ttc tonight. Go cuddle with hubby on this cooling night :)

Ivf is not a guarantee which is why even for younger woman the chances are only 40 to 50 percent. As u age the chances decrease. Some people just need a few more try to succeed. Grading on embryos are base on outlook and we do not know genetically what is wrong with the inside which is why some low grade embryos also can BFP. A chromosome abnormal embryo will not implant and this can't be seen by human eye.

Yeah, ttc77. You have done your best and not your fault or due to something you've done wrongly.
Trust in your doctor. Although another doctor can give you an opinion, it is a subjective matter.

Gooiee today is your day what? 14dp2dt? Are u on hcg support jab? All these factor can determine whether it is a viable pregnancy.

Gooiee today is your day what? 14dp2dt? Are u on hcg support jab? All these factor can determine whether it is a viable pregnancy.
Today is 14dp2dt. We are doing inserts thrice a day and today after o n g we requested more progesterone support so she gave two tablets a day. I did ask for jab but she explained that the jab isn't any better than the tablet. Inserts are the best though according to her. So now we will do inserts but tablets and lots of praying

Ttc77 actually if i was in your shoe I would also get a second review . Sometimes it's not we don't trusts the doctor but another doctor might give a little more or different knowledge. Combined knowledge from different doctors also make us more aware of what's going on and does put the mind at ease

Back