IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dots - it's actually 3-4 packs throughout the day. But if u really bloated, can drink 2 packs in a shot. Drink lotsa water & take protein rich food

Hi Nat, Thanks.
happy.gif
Dr Sadhana put on long protocol cos of my low AMH plus a small cyst in my R ovary. She wanna suppress the hormones so that the cyst doesn't grow bigger.
She also mentioned that the follicles will grow at a more even rate under long protocol. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

Hi Babydream, I stopped taking concieve well after the implantation stage (7-10days after a Day 2 transfer) cos it contain Selenium. It's suppose to aid implantaion (Brazil nuts has Selenium too).
But eating too much selenium is not good for the body. As long as we eat proper healthy meals plus folic acid, it should suffice our body needs. That's what i think la.. Hee
happy.gif

All the best in your 2WW

Hi ChrisL, Thanks! Yeap, saw your post that you will possiblly be in the 2WW club on friday. Jia you jia you! hope to see you graduate soon
happy.gif

Have a great summer ya.

Hi Dots, wahhh.. sounds really jialat leh! If really cannot tahan, better go O&G for a check.
This OHSS really cannot play play de leh.

tsf0205: I had hydro tube too & the chances of ivf is v low if you have hydro tubes cos the fluid will flush away the embryos; affecting implantation. I just removed my remaining hydro tube so am embarking FET now. My opinion is, since u r going for ivf, no point keeping hydro tubes - they only hinder success.

Hi twinstar, and Chris !!!

I m also doing the 3rd cycle for ivf. Now in the 2ww.
It is not quite bearable ... U wonder this and that.

Who else in the 2ww now?

So exciting! so many sista here...

We are all cycling together.
So what are you all doing huh? Did you obsess with every symptoms you feel?

I am very bored at home. So trying to find something and do.

I think what really determine the success of the cycle is the egg and sperm quality. Do you sista agree with me ?

Judebabe: Me on 2ww too!

Morning everyone! Feeling a lot better this morning! Yesterday went to my TCM doc, she gave me some medicine for the gastric attacks and it worked. No attack last night.

The immunocal also seems to work! Tummy still bloated, feels bloated, but at least can sleep side ways (without feeling pukey and burpy). Managed to catch more sleep too.

Woke up with a sore throat though. Poss protein is heaty. Now going to down more water. Haven t even start on my brazil nuts. Hahaha!

dots - brazil nuts is heaty, drink lotsa water after eating. protein actually not heaty, cos weather is bad so lotsa ppl fall sick

Time seems to pass so quickly in my opinion. Everyday wake up eat bfast then watch tv, a while later eat lunch, follow with dinner then bedtime. Practically I watch my HK drama and time seems so fast.
I try not to think about it and time pass very quickly! Today is already Wednesday, seems like only ytdy that I gg for my ET.

Dots glad that u are feeling better and had a good sleep. Remember to cont with the immunocal and drink more water.

LOL... Twinstars, u slp so early de ar? I try to wake up early for breakfast but my earliest is 10+ 11 then wake up.. Lol...

Dots- Brazil nuts eat 2-3 seed can le.. else very heaty. i prepared durians too.. Feeling better today?

The pessary got to insert twice a day mah. N the nurse tell me to lie down for 2 hrs aft that. I hv to leave hm by 8 every morn so I have to plan my time. End up I have to get up at 6 every morning to insert then sleep till 7.30 wake up loh. I try to keep to the same timing hence I still wake up at 6. Wanna ask u gals how u all take care of ur meals huh? Cos I really don't kn what to ask my Hubby to buy so I can leave it till lunch. Eat till very sian. Maybe I'll go out and buy food myself tmr.
Is eating ensure, brazil nuts plus conceive well too much huh?

Mine i need to insert thrice a day. so i plan it at 8, 4 n 12mn. These few days i cook my own lunch n dinner. unless i'm gng back my mum's hse to eat then not cooking. Else will ask my hub to tabao back for my dinner.U went back to work?
Basically i dun care la.. my 3rd cycle le. Just eat whatever can helps for embbies to implant thou i also think i'm eating too much. i dun drink ensure. I took essense chix(steam w breast meat), brazil nuts, conceive well, folic acid n durians...

I dunno y this time round dr loh gave me progynova leh. hmmmmm.......

Bbdream, u cook ur own meals! That's great! Teach me a trick or 2 leh. I ever read from the forum that the fire might be too hot. So don't stand too near, or u stand a while then move away so the heat not so intense. Maybe tmr morn ask Hub bring me to market to buy some ingredients to cook.
I ask Doc to extend my HL till this fri so I'm gg back to work next work. Before the trsf I alr hv to start the inserts cos I'm on medicated cycle. So a bit used to the timing and I scared next work I start work I not used to the timing so don't dare sleep till to late. I try to sleep by 11, latest 12.

Babydream: feeling better today. So glad. Can even switch on laptop to clear some emails. Just got hubby to buy the nuts. Not loading durian. Mom made hashima with red date and longan. Also heaty one. Will drink that. Hahaha!

Twinstar: must lie for 2 hours ah? I only lie 10mins. Any longer I sure puke!

Twinstars- i cook simple meals la. not those 3dish 1 soup type. normally will be either veg/minced meat with egg, pork chop/ sesame oil chix w porridge/rice. Just 1 veg, 1 meat.

Dots- Tts good! on ur way o recovery. Wah seh.... hashima leh.. My fav over bird nest. Keke...

hi ladies, glad to hear so many sistas on 2ww. Mi too.

Watched hk dramas too.. then went clear emails do some work but also don dare sit in front of computer too long...

Dots, that's what the nurse told me. Minimium I think an hr ba, if not like a lot leak out. But insert throu rectum is better.

Bbdream, that is alr very gd! I seldom cook so once I cook I hv to buy alot of spices and stuff more exp than I go pack. Maybe tmr I try cook some porridge and eat.

Magical, welcome to 2ww! Im practically glue to my tv drama. I'm a couch potato,, hee...

Twinstar:me cant, got to stand up after 10mins. Actually, I put liner so cant tell if leak alot. Seems like ok leh.

Magical: me opposite of you. I totally cant lie down. Feel a lot better if I sit.. so I practically sit the whole day. Sit and sleep at night too. Only last night manage to lie down. Hahaha!

Judebabe: I agree to certain degree that egg n sperm affect the quality of embryo; success of cycle depends if implantation happens hence it would involve more than just the embryo.

Aft I insert throu rectum, totally no leakage. The excess will be pass out when I go clear my waste. Anyway aft the infection episode don't dare insert throu virgina.

Chris, if the embryo quality is not the issue, what could cause implantation failure and how to improve on that aspect?

nice blogs both of u have. =)

i have a physical blog too. started to jot down all the info include scans, side effects etc etc for my filing purpose. keke...

Hey, after hearing all the documentation u gals are making, I am glad to know I am not a freak in doing something similar.. Haha.

Twinstars: Implantation is still very much in study. Essentially the communication of the expanded blastocyst cells w the uterine lining cells. Of cos the basic would also involved that the mother's body do not see the embryo as a foreign material and attack it.

Yo ladies. Normal after er, how long does ur bloating ends huh? my cramp subsided abit but my bloating has since with me on sat after my er. Really make me very bu shu fu. I read from other sistas, usually cramps n bloat is right at the end de right?

Ears itching. Who's calling me? Lol.

Aiya, the blog website supply free n cute templates so just use lor. Been lazing ard n stopped writing since after the BT and another random post.

Hi tsf0205,

I also had hydrosalphinx on both tubes due to endo & previous laparotomy. Went for another lap last feb to clip both tubes. Now i can only rely on ivf to have bb.

As what summer said, the fluid will hinder implantation of embryo if it leak into uterus during ivf. Best is to remove it or clip it just like my case. This fluid got high chance to accumulate back after unblocking. Since i got endo, was worried of it coming back & need to do lap again. So i clipped them. It was the toughest decision to make.

I started ivf 3 months after lap. My gynae gave me the green light. But just ended my 1st fresh ivf with a bfn. I dun have any success story to share but i hope that u will give it a try after u fix ur hydrosalphinx. What did ur gynae say? Any solutions? Take care..

wah just finished ER and got back home and now zonk onto the sofa ..it's kinda painful to urinate.. is this normal? i dun get that on my previous 2 fresh? how to counter that? When will it be better? Im having crazy tots hv the doc poke hole onto my bladder??? anyone had this b4?

huh maomi..i am now in a dilemma on drinking more water and peeing..aiyoh..really not a good feeling leh

Drink lotsa water but clear bladder more often. Don't wait for it to fill up. That works for me. Shitting hurts too (sorry tmi)

Hi caramel, y the decision to clip it? Will fluid leak if you clip it?yeah, if you have hydro tubes, u nv know when fluid will leak tho during scans, the uterus cavity may b dry..

Good morning sisters
happy.gif
rise and shine! if you're reading this on thurs morning hehe

maomi
think im now also hving some difficulty doing 'business'..esp when pushing painful somewhere somehow..you Er yesterday? meaning you'll be having ET tomorrow (thurs) or? i'll be starting on my progesterone later b4 going to bed..you on utrogestan or crinone?

babysparkles/dotNribbons/magical/chris
wah reading of some of you gals have blogs heheh me too hv one pte since from some time ago and also i got some ikea storage boxes and stored all my TTCing stuffs- used plasters in a ziplog bag, photos of my bruised tummy, previous bfp hpt kits with dates written on them, OPK kits, handwritten short journals/notes, used puregon/pregynl medicine boxes/leaflets etc etc..

we ladies are more sentimental
happy.gif

ChrisL: hehe.. Thurs morn here
happy.gif
congrats to the successful ER. It's common to have constipation after ER, I had that too for a few days. In NUH, have ultrogestan, crinone and estrofem as support all the way. Correction, I don't have blog on documenting Ivf journey but just hard data.. hehe. Is your ET this fri?

ChrisL, my ET is tmr. In nuh like what Chris said utrogestan, crinone n estrofem. Yest only crinone. Today will start the rest. Hope I can get all in.

Chris, I'm now nervous on how to insert the caps n tabs... Can't they just have an applicator?

Hi ladies,

Has anyone tried natural ivf or modified cycle natural ivf? I saw a paper written by dr sheila loh from raffles medical and became curious. I tried ivf in 2011 but only had one embryo to transfer so I'm wondering if natural ivf is more suitable for me.

Hi summer,

Actually told my gynae of my preferene to remove it. But after my lap, he told me not possible to remove them since my tubes are very near to ovaries. Hes worried if he removed them, heat from the laser might damage my ovarian function further.

My ovarian function already compromised due to endo. He managed to unblock the right side but left side cant. Then he "tested" after clipping with some dye & assured me tat will not leak. So how about ur case? How long den u start ur ivf?any success stories?

Maomi: you can insert in standing position w a leg up on the toilet seat lap (rest the lap on the toilet bowl) or lying down w a leg slightly lifted. Some like to do in toilet for ease of cleanup and quickly go to bed to lie down and others will have a pack of wet tissues by the bed for cleanup after insertion. Usually after putting in the tabs/caps, use the longest finger to push them in. You will get a hang of it after a few times. Don't get nervous, relaxed.

Thanks Chris, I just managed to push in 3 utrogestan! Not too difficult. Mid day can be 2-3pm ya?

Back