IVF/ICSI Support Group

Positive, I am getting tired of ttc... I have been sleeping very late and drinking coffee....hahaha.... not very healthy lifestyle. I really hope to graduate from here soon!

Exposure to pesticide residue causes toxic chemicals to accumulate inside the body, leading to learning difficulties, hormone disruption and reproductive abnormalities, according to Greenpeace.

Some pesticides were found in "extremely high concentration", with residues on the san qi flower 500 times over safety limits and on the honeysuckle more than 100 times over. <--- News from Yahoo. Is TCM still trustable?
sad.gif

Wondersss: I was having bad rashes when i took dhea for two months. I stopped a month before my ivf journey coz cannot stand the rashes. hahaha

sunstillshines: Why like that. Some people really no heart and dont understand why you try to avoid baby showers.

Hi lilcookiedough.. Congrats btw!

I have a small question to ask. I'm with Sadhana at KKH also. Do you know why she put you on the long protocol? I asked her about it but she said short protocol for me.. No idea what is the difference?

Hi dream and winniepooh! I'm scheduled for fet in jul too! Currently on my last 2 pills of bcp and wait out for my period to come in 1st wk of Jul.
Can I ask how many embryos do most pple usually transfer? My Dr only keen to transfer 1 for me... though I have got 10 frozen.

for those who BFP, may I check by which day do you start to have symptoms..?

Today 4dp2dt don seem feel anything though except first 2 days of stretch-like cramps

magical - today will be ur implantation day, u won't feel any symptons till towards the end of ur 2ww. dun read into the symptons cos dfferent ppl have different symptons. like myself not much symptons, no sore boobs, no implantation spotting. just enjoy ur 2ww

Lilcookiedough - u mentioned u stopped conceive well after inplantation. How u know which days u've passed ur implantation? I'm still taking my conceive well now cos I started very late. Just few days b4 my er. Conceive well contains folic acid too n i read that it aids in implantation. But I consulted the senior nurse at tfc, she said folic acid is good enuff. So u think I shld cont my conceive well thru my 2ww?

Dots, I also suffered from severe ohss and my et was cancelled. I truly feel u.my Dr told me cooked egg white doesn't work that's why I kept throwing up after eating. He advised me to drink my husband's whey protein shake from GNC. And I drank coconut juice instead of 100 plus cos it has no gas. Apparently coconut juice is a natural isotonic drink and I only drink that which helps. But u had your et so im not sure if coconut will be too liang for u. Lotsa rest!

Babydream: hope it gets better for u. I also cant sleep at night. Lie down and tummy is like huge watermelon on me. Lie on side then cant breathe well. Last night got two gastric attack. One made me puke. The other attack caused me to roll over in pain, cannot stand up. Wanted to rush to kkh already but went toilet to pee and pain subsided.

Night time is really my darkest moments man.

Just got the last box of immunocal from OG orchard. So it is one pack each morning right?

Was telling hubby - no matter what is the outcome, this is first and last ivf. Like one of sisters said, OHSS is really no joke.

Walk one step also pain, nausea, puking, sharp gastric pangs, breaking out in cold sweat, bloated until cant wear my shorts, breathless, cant sleep, backache, burning sensation in tummy/throat etc.

I think one of these days soon, I will poss have to go back kkh. Almost happened this morning.

Will update if immunocal works.

Dots - nurse ask me not to pa zhe slp... Which i usually will. so now can only slp side way or upwards. How many follicles did u have? I rem i had ohss on my second fresh cycle. I am able to slp but any other hour, i have to lie down. i din have appetite to eat also.
U muz hang on there. y not try for short cycle if ur ohss is really that bad? Can discuss with dr. Dun give up ok? *hugz

babydream - I take conceive well throughout my 2ww. the dosage of folic acid in conceive well is not enough. we need 4-5mg but conceive well only have 2mg, I take additional folic acid

magical - means today is the day to determine whether ur embbies will be good to stick to your womb or not. implantation happens between day 3-5 after ET. rest well for now. me not pregnant now, gave birth to my precious 2 yrs ago

hazel - I'll be doing medicated fet next mth. will be transferring day 3 embryos

dots - immunocal really helps for OHSS, can drink 3 packs a day.

hazelsarah: Dr usually advise 1 if your age is less than 30. Coz higher chances to bfp. But its really up to you and for us to decide. If i have more frozen embryos, i would transfer two to increase the chances. at least if 1 never make it, got another 1 to possibly implant.

dots&amp;ribbons: rest well okie. I did not experience OHSS but the way you describe it so scary!

Hazelsarah: thanks for sharing. Really helps to know someone has gone thru it.

Sparkles: see if you could try to lessen the symptoms by starting prep earlier. Every visit, I will also always ask the nurse and doc, anything to start eating first and they said no. All ok. Even after retrieving 23 eggs, their advice is to drink 2litres of water. But I think you could some of the tips in this forum.

Yeah, dr tan was aware. Cos we waited until blood test result then see him. Nurse also said may be can't do. But I think he had a tough choice. Cos altho they retrieved 23 eggs, I only have 2 fertilised eggs at day 3 - grade 2 and compacting egg. If freeze them and thaw them, maybe no eggs left =P

Hi all, I am going to see prof Wong on 9th July. That is the earliest appointment I can get to see him. But my expected AF is on 13th July. Do you think I can make it in time to do IVF on my July's cycle? If I am on short protocol, can I start on the day of AF itself?

I want to start IVF as soon as possible as my thyroid hormone is already at the normal range and given go ahead by my endocrinologist. If I cant make it in July, then I had to postpone till August.

Thanks ladies!

Winniepooh: can drink three packs a day? I thought only once, in the morning before breakfast. If can, then I will drink later! Hopefully tonight I get better sleep!

Babydream: I usually sleep side ways. Now also cant. Already on short cycle. I had about 19 or 20 follicles on day 8. But the tallest 2 were 16 and 17mm. So doc decided to go for 1 extra day stimulation.

winniepooh- thanks for the info... conceive well pack indicated 500ug. which means 0.5mg only.... I din know... Will take folic acid with this.. Luckily u tell me.. =)

Dots- WOW! Short protocol n u have so many eggs... Envy leh... I'm on long de, only got 18 follicles. Short de only got 9 follicles

Dots: ohss worsen if u have a bfp too so on another note it cld be a good sign. I know how terrible it feels. Hang it there! I cried at night cos I can't slp well and have to slp propped up. Stomach looks 6mths preg but I'm not! My in laws all thought I was preg cos I had such severe mrng sickness...
Try to up your protein with those protein supplements as meal replacement if you can eat. The bloatedness will reduce as your protein level is up. Hope u feel better soon and jia you!

Babydusty: I am below 30 and have 10 day 5 and day 6 blastocysts to work on. But I really want to up my chance by putting 2. My Dr is very afraid that I'll end up with multiples and increase risk of complication as I am of very small frame. In a dilemma right now ...

hazelsarah: Yah dats why doctor suggest 1 to transfer. If it was me, i would transfer two. Dont worry too much. If it was twins, nobody can know there will be risk. We just have to hope for the best and go thru it. And look on the bright side, so many twins and even triplets success pregnancy.
happy.gif

Babydusty: Thanks! I sure hope my Dr will grant me my wish cos he always threaten me with the worst car scenerio though I know he has the best interest for me. .

Babydream: I dont know what is the usual number of eggs. doc didnt say anything thru out. So I thought it wad normal. Also never tell me to prevent anything.

But 23 eggs also no use. Cos final number of fertilised egg is 2. Hahahah! But this is supposed to be usual for people with pcos.

hazelsarah: stick to your guts and decision. doctor is just following textbooks. be firm and said i want two embryo transfer. ignore his worst scenario. dont listen to him. haha

dots - can drink 3-4 packs if u're really bloated. no limit to the number of packs u can drink

hazel - I'm also below 30 when I did my fresh cycle. doc only allow 2 when I wanted to put 3, they're so scared that I'll end up with triplets pregnancy. in the end, my 2 transferred embbies end up with a singleton pregnancy. mine is day 3 transfer

dots - I also have pcos, fertilization rate also low even though I was over-stimulated with so many eggs

Sparkles, I have completed ER last mth. Due to risk of OHSS, Et was not done. I am waiting for af to report in July to do FET.

Babydusty, beside the 1st mth baby shower cake, red eggs and 2 ang koo kway, the couple also added the baby's photo! No word can describe how I felt at that instant of receiving the package....

So, now I really hope to bfp next mth.

dots, as what winniepooh has said, it is good to make 3 or 4 packs of Immunocal and add in water accordingly. The powder is very light so cannot easily be dissolved in just water. You can add in milo or horlick to help you stir it. Best if you have a shaker.

Since you are so bloated now, don't wait until next morning to drink. You can drink it now. Hope it will help you "flatten" your tummy like me!

Cheeka, if I am not wrong, NUH has a new protocol that patients are using Nor E. I think you can only know if you can you start immediately after you see Prof Wong.

sun - I totally understand how u feel! but nowadays baby shower cake packages can add baby pics so a lot of couples went for that packaging

dot - u can add immunocal to whatever drink u feel comfortable but make sure its at room temperature. no warm or lukewarm if not all the good nutrients will die instantly

lilcookiedough
congrats! hope to join you soon on the other thread
happy.gif

dotsnribbons
did you drink enough water thruout stimulation till now not? Cos my doc told me that must drink at least 2liter a day to prevent OHSS- us ivfers..that is here in colder climate but in singapore cos warmer then perspire more so have to drink even more

sisters just wanna ask ah..after trigger, does the egg still grow as in does what we eat still affect the eggs?

Dots, cos u suffering fr OHSS u have to drink abt 3-4 packets per day. 1 will not be enough be ease ur bloatness. Use room temp water or any fruit juice to add to me to it if u can't take the taste.

Chris, I think so. After the trigger, the eggs are already fixed at that size and quality so think will not affect much by what we eat alr.

Today aft breakfast was so sleepy that I went to nap soon
after that. Woke up in sweat cos had a nightmare and the weather too hot. Thought it will rain, end up just that few drops. Jialet!

Sunstillshine: ahhhhhhh, icic. I thot 3 packs spread out in a day. So it is one drink using 3 to 4 packs. That is an idea. I drank one just now. Felt a bit better, could lie on back. Tummy didnt flattened but at least more comfy. More space to breath. But it lasted about an hour then feeling came back. Will make more packets later!

Thanks to winniepooh too!

sunstillshines
hmm maybe dun read too much into that..it might just be a simple gesture to give out to relatives, if miss your family out not nice mah..take the red eggs and eat lah i think that is a kind of baby dust hehe next time your bb turn full mth send back with an even cutier photo

twinstars
thanks! hehe was wondering if i should take some 'sinful' food to reward myself not that's why hehe

Chris, I ate sinful food after my ET ytdy. Hee... I ate tibits but got control lah. Cos I feel I stressing myself up by not eating food that I crave. Maybe my bb want to eat, that's hw I console myself!

lol twinstars yeah your bb wants to eat thats why..just keep up with the positive mood :) will be joining you in 2ww soon hopefully on friday

Hi, has anyone in this thread with hydrosalpinx with successful Ivf and pregnancy??? I'm not feeling very hopeful... Hope there r success stories to share to motivate me.

Hi Chris, jia you! This is my 3rd round le. Last 2 rounds, especially the 1st time I did IVF. I try my best to follow the do and don't but fail. 2nd round I tell myself to take it easy but is already $ spend so I also strict in my diet and try every "successful" methods advice by the sis but also fail. This round I really more relax. Just eat what I feel like eating but in moderation. I hv try my best but there is limitation hence I can only leave to god! May he bless me with this bundle of joy. Is a long and tiring journey for me and my husband.

Chris: acty I think after trigger, eggs will still continue to grow. Esp if u trigger with hcg.
happy.gif

Dots: u feel better after drinking immunocal? I havent bought it yet cos og so out of the way for me.

Sunstillshines, I'm also waiting for my af to arrive to start my fet in july. But I am experiencing breakthrough bleeeding with my bcp for this mth. Not sure if the bleeding will affect my period w when I finish the pill. Are u on medicated FET?

twinstars
so coincident me too 3rd fresh now! seems like you, me and chris also in our 3rd try..im trying to keep myself happy and not think too much..hopefully we all can be blessed this time round and continue with the ivf mtb 2014 new thread

ganie/chris
huh..yeah i trigger wif pregynl..hmm still continue to grow ah? hmm nvm lah think i just take it as it comes..hopefully good quality and quanity loh..leave it to God..

chris
hehe yes hopefully depending on the outcome tomorrow..

Sunstillshines, I'm also waiting for my af to arrive to start my fet in july. But I am experiencing breakthrough bleeeding with my bcp for this mth. Not sure if the bleeding will affect my period w when I finish the pill. Are u on medicated FET?

Back