IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hope4baby,

I only knew that the cost difference between tfc and kkh is 2k-4k difference. Kkh can get govt subsidised whereas tfc is private and no subsidise. Therefore u need to fork out more cash in tfc. You may want to call up both centres to check their cost.

Qqem,

The process vary on individuals.

Stage 1
I was put on microygnon(birth control pills) for 21days after 2nd day of menses, on day 11 I started to self inject lucrin (suppress hormones) everyday for abt 2weeks then go back kkh to do baseline check (blood test and u/scan.) everything were under control.

Stage 2
I was asked to start another self injection puregon(stimulate the eggs) for 1 week and continues with lucrin injection. So total 2 injects for a week then back to scan the follicles and lining thickness. I got 16 follicles and lining at 8mm.

Stage 3
Doc advised to go for pregynl inject (ovulation triggers) the next day and 2 days later will be ER follow by ET and lastly 2weeks wait(given hospitalisation leave) and blood test to check if pregnant.

Some people might take a longer period/increase their dosage of medication if thru scan follicles are not growing big enough. I was given 200units of everyday fr the start and luckily mine responded well and only one time of u/scan I can go straight to the next stage.

Hope my journey gives you a rough idea of the process.

I did my et yesterday. Only transferred 1 surving embryo for fet. Now 2ww... Think chance is slim cos the embryo also low grading.
Actually I trying for my 2nd baby. 1st baby girl conceived by ivf 1 cycle. Yesterday heard 4 of my embbies did no survive thawing my heart sunk...
Now thinking of another ivf cycle if this fails...

Does cycle start refers to suppression or stimulation stage? I am starting the jabs in Aug too. Sunniehope, babysmurf, Lil, min81, laki & dian, all the best and may God indeed grant BFP indeed to us.

Jkiss, looks like we are cycling abt the same time as I'll be going for my ER tomorrow
happy.gif

Hope4baby, don't despair or be sad. Have faith and stay positive. It's not over yet till AF reports. Give ur embby a chance, u have come so far. My prev fresh (short protocol) with Dr Loh at TFC was abt 13k+.TFC quotes 12k to 16k for a fresh. There is a range cos it will ultimately depend on the amount of medication u use.

Apble, all the best for ur BT!

The last round when I did ivf at Kkh cost me abt $7k with the grant.
Beep Wat is ur dosage ? $13k for short protocol? What is the short protocol like?
Now Kkh said my embbies might not be able to take the stress when freezing that why 4 of them did not make it...
I like dr loh but the price is expensive....

"But to qualify, the couple must be Singaporeans. On top of that, the woman must be 40 years or below and the couple must have no more than one child. "

No more than one child means??
If I use the government grant once during my fresh ivf cycle and conceived 1 child , am I entitled for the govt grant if I trying for 2nd child by ivf again?

Hope4baby, my previous dosage was 300iu gonal f for a few days, 375iu for a few days, 450iu for a few days, over a total of 8 days. Short protocol is similar to long protocol, but without the suppression stage (ie. go straight into stimulation stage) - so its a much shorter cycle.

Some people react better to long protocol, some react better to short protocol. For me, I retrieved more eggs under short protocol.

Chris, there's no test. The doc will advise u based on ur age and perhaps ur blood test results. My prev doc told me it was better for me to try the long. He explained that the long will provide better control as the suppression will assist in ensuring that the follicles grow more evenly during the stimulation. But as I did not get the desired results, I decided I wanted to try the short and it worked better for me. Sometimes I feel it's also trial and error for docs, they tweak the protocols as we go along..

Beep - all the best to you on your ER ! our pattern very similar too
happy.gif

Chris - some pple start short instead of long protocol straight away due to age also. I had long in my previous cycle then this time rd change to short. Like Beep, I also didn't respond well to long protocol.

Hope4baby - retrieved 3, transfer 1 for long, retrieved 8, 4 fertilized but only 2 grow till day 3 so transferred 2 for short protocol

chris: has your Dr told you which protocol u will be on. Long cycle start with suppression. Short cycle usually start with stimulation.

Jia you all aug buddies. let rain this thread with bbdust.

Sade, is dr Loh aware tat u r under TCM? I heard tat he is not pro TCM...

Hope4baby, may I knw wat is the grading of ur frozen embryos? I failed my 1st cycle n not sure if I shd try my 2nd cycle wif frozen or fresh?

HI Sunniehope! Wave!! Your Aug buddies are here, just silently reading
happy.gif

I suppose my IVF journey starts today. I got my AF yesterday and so today being my Day 2, I went for my blood test for MEP and AMH. Not quite sure what those are so will need to google later tonight.

Doctor said he will only see me on Day 21 and that's when my suppression starts. Feeling excited yet scared!

Sunniehope and Babysmurf, when are your dates? Also when you refer to Dr Zou, are you refering to the TCM at AMK or Raffles Hospital? I just did 1 acupuncture last week at Raffles Hospital.

Jia you!!

Waves to Chris and Dian also..my Aug cycle buddies.

Lil : I did Acc with Dr Zou (Amk one), will probably be seeing her twice a wk now and everyday for acc closer to Er date. You are on long protocol? My AF should come this wkend, feeling very nevous man. I am on short protocol.

Babysmurf: Yeah Let's flood the thread with babydust!!!!!

Anyone knows if KKH does ET or ER during public holiday? What if my dates happen to fall on PH?

Thanks mc!! Coz there is a long wkend mid aug due to the hari raya and it got me worried if no one does ER or ET for me, hehe maybe I worry too much.

Ladies,

Went in for my ER earlier today. Waited almost 1.5hr for my turn. Luckily got a few ladies also waiting and we chatted for awhile before our turns.

I went into OT ard 8.50am and started ard 9.23am (spoke to dr and went into sleep), I woke up ard 9.55 and found myself in the recovery ward.

1 aug will be my ET and total 13 follicles were picked. Hopefully they can grow well and form good embies.

hi pokoyo, ya i agreed that he's not pro TCM. I didn't take any chinese medicine for my ivf cycle. Just only accupunture. Anyway Dr Zou is not pushy in her medicine.
I felt that Dr Loh is not pro TCM and also i took TCM from other place before not from Dr Zou, and ended up with cysts. Actually i took TCM medicine on and off for 2 years but still no luck. So i decided to go ivf and don't take chinese medicine.
Even after i bfp, i also din take chinese medicine.

Are you seeing Dr Loh too?

Sade, you mentioned that you ended up with cysts after taking TCM? Did you go through a lap before you discover the cysts or doctor saw it from the normal V scan?

Hi chrisl, sunstillshines, shainie, mc_007, babysmurf, red_velvet, luvnhope and newbies.

How are you doing now? It has been two months that I away. I hope you all are doing well and those who have bfps >> congrats and those who are in ttcs >> jia you!

I have just changed my appt to see Dr. TanHh again end of this year instead of next year. Maybe will start my 2nd IVF soon. Looking for cycle buddies now.

By the way, I have extra 2 boxes of Conceive Well which I wanna let go at a reasonable price. I already have 8 boxes on top of that. I don't think I can take so many things at one time. I am still taking RDL, Multi Vits and some Chinese herbs weekly.

If anyone keen on, please email me with your contact number at [email protected]. Please don't spam my email ya...thanks!

Hi niko! So nice of u to remember me!
happy.gif

Glad to see u're making preparations for ur next cycle. Stay positive and success will come ur way!
happy.gif

I succeeded in my 2nd fresh in May/June, but had a scary episode of bleeding today. Resting in bed now. Just goes to show that we hae so many hurdles to clear in this journey. Hope all of us get to the finishing line safely!

Sasha_md & Sade, I'm planning to see dr loh, but will be going for my review with dr tan HH tis wk first and see hw it goes.. Not sure, wat he will touch on.. thanks Sade for ur advice.

Niko, I'm oso with dr tanhh.. After ur 1st unsuccessful cycle, wat does tanhh advice u during ur review wif? I'm trying to prep some qns which I shd ask him.

Juzzgal, all the best to u. Hope to hear ur gd news soon!

Luvnhope, ya agree tat we hv many hurdles to clear and the journey begins when we start wif our 1st jab. U hv a gd rest n hope everything is fine now :)

Ladies,
Kkh just called saying 3 eggs matured and pending fertilisation. If by tmr can't fertilise then DH have to go down and produce his sperms again. Is this normal procedure from kkh?

Sunniehope, yes I am on long protocol. When I told my DH that I'm scared yet excited, he assured me that that is a normal and right feeling and attitude. So don't be nervous, I'm sure once it starts, you will be so excited! Take care!

Hi ladies,
Anyone under Kkh dr sadhana? How do u find her?
I find her not so friendly and fierce unless dr sf loh.
Any comment on the rest of the dr at Kkh?

Niko, how are you? Nice to hear from you again. Good to know that you are gearing up for your next IVF. Jia you sister! Meanwhile, eat and rest well.
happy.gif

Jkiss, we must zen together! When's ur BT? Such a long way right.

Hope4baby: 1st fresh (long) - retrieved 15, only 2 fertilized (grade 1 and 2) and transferred. 2nd fresh (short) - 21 retrieved, 7 fertilized, transferred 2 (both grade 1), froze 5 (4 grade 1, 1 grade 2) but during FET, thaw 4, 2 survived so transferred 2 (grade 1). 3rd fresh (short) - retrieved 25, 9 fertilized but 1 didn't make it and 2 dividing too quickly (currently under observation to see if suitable for freezing), so transferred 2 (grade 1) and froze 4 (grade 1 and 2). Grade 1 at TFC is best, but I wldnt place too much emphasis on gradings cos as Dr Loh said, he doesn't trust gradings cos they are based on visual inspection, and sometimes, embryos with not so good grades make it.

Back