IVF/ICSI Support Group

yo ladybuggy.. gd to hear from u again...looks like u hv a gd time and tiao yr body well...yes, dr tan schedule is super pack but he is gd..so dun worry..

psp...1 wk hl is a gd idea if u can't take the full 2wk..jus move slowly and remain stressless..jiayou

Thanks ladies,

Sometimes i feel like quitting my job and concentrate on the IVF but im scared that if unsuccessful then i will feel even worse.

Hihi ladybugger, good to see u again
happy.gif
U sound like u had urself a wonderful break! Fully recharge to chiong again. Relak until then
happy.gif

Psp, yes, kkh give max 3 days. They wanted to give me 2 but i requested for max
happy.gif
I thk cos for FET, it's not an invasive procedure like ER. Hence no HL. Perhaps u might wan to check wif ur dr if u need extended mc.

See i'm very sure people will still flame me being the outspoken one to voice out..

I didn't say that NO bfp ladies here but i said if bfped sisters want to mention puking/morning sickness or even scanning etc..go to other threads..(btw, thanks to the kind sister who created another relevant thread) but i am sure many of us here inculding me (if you read carefully between the lines in my previous post)are VERY welcome to all bfp sisters to share ivf related experiences and information here continuously of course!

mc 007 on why the bolded msg (if you read what i wrote) is to catch attention as i don't think many will read all that is posted here...so just to catch attention only what..read my 1st line ok...

Any sistas know if pre-CNY is good timing to do IVF? i do not wish to take long leave so, thinking to take CNY as an excuses to rest for a longer period. but now wonder if CNY period many nurses and doctors will be away or not..although i will be under Dr.Sadhana but then we always see nurses rather than doctor, so they are important as well.

psp,
yes, kkivf gives max 3 days for fet. frankly, for fet, after ET feels like normal... cos there's no side effects caused by ER. if you wish for more mc, maybe you have to discuss with your gynae in advance, maybe can say job very stress not good for 2ww, and see if he can issue you on the day itself after your ET.

gal1979,
your first post was ok but i find that your 2nd post was uncalled for and you can't blame ppl for rebutting esp since you yourself don't seem to know some basic forum etiquette. by bolding and capitalising your words, you are being challenging and rude to some extent.

btw, there wasn't a problem with the spreadsheet until recently. those who wants to copy the files into your own spreadsheets or files, please copy properly and not use cut.

it's unavoidable that those who bfp want to talk about their first scans and ms and many have formed strong bonds here so all the more want to share their fears and anxiety here and why must there be such a distinction between those who bfp or those who haven't as all have been through the same things.

prosepina,
kkivf has some closing period for stock taking and cleaning usually at the end of the year so they usually don't do any ivf cases then and if you want your ET by cny, if on fresh cycle have to start by end of the year i guess? but if it's for fet, i'm not too sure..... also don't know if there's any changes now that they are under a different head.

hey girls, I'm a silent reader, but please don't let this forum which is meant to be a source of support for us degenerate into an open argument, can?

As someone who has never had a bfp in her life, honestly what gal1979 said has some truth in it - hearing others talk abt their ms/scans sometimes reminds me even more of what I'm missing out on - the feeling of being pregnant. Eskimobaby, your last sentence I think captures it exactly - the difference is, we have been through the same things in ivf journey, but not all of us have been through the same joy of pregnancy...

Though actually I don't mind the bfp sisters coming in here to update on what's happening to them..it's nice to know also what to expect if we do bfp one day. But that's just my opinion! We are have different viewpoints and background, so there's bound to be some clashes sometimes..but no right or wrong I think, maybe just try to see things from other people's point of view and let the differences go. We already have so much to "fight" against in ivf, no point fighting each other here!

My two cents worth
happy.gif

Laki gal, don't be scared, all will be okay. Is this ur first fresh? I was also nervous for my first fresh and the ER then, but everything wasn't as bad as I thought. So, dun worry too
happy.gif

Jkiss, good luck for ET tmr!

Reikibaby, where u? Hope u are doing fine!

I've lost count... Anyone already started fresh now?

I'm silent reader most of the times, and I think it's v comforting to see those who have bfp-ed pop by on the forum to share their experience and their current journey. Can learn lots.

I can see quite a no. of ladies here did not take the full 2wks HL after ET. How do u all manage with the inserts of the progesterone if u r at work?

Sade, does ur colleagues knw tat u r on IVF when u went back to work after 4 days rest? I'm just wondering how most of u manage ur colleagues? Do u tell them u r on IVF? Cos when actions r slow, I'm afraid will give ppl an idea tat I'm preg, when I m not...

Pokoyo my ER fell on sat, ET Monday. N then Tuesday was a PH. went back to work on wed. Only my boss knew that I am doing ivf. Just told my colleagues that I am not feeling well. They din ask much. Just smile and say been over exercising last few days hence muscle aches and crampy body.

Hello pokoyo! I'm seeing Dr Zou too! She's a nice, comforting lady who will answer your additional medical qn if you forgot to ask your doc. She used to be a 'western' cum Chinese doc in China, so she knows all the eng medicine etc. I always ask her alot of questions and hog the queue heehee. She's motherly too...she knows I'm scared of my coming lap surgery, she keep comforting me since last week.
happy.gif

But one thing is: you will need to wait at least 30mins even if u have a queue no. I always end up chatting with her hubby. I take it as a therapy session (both medical and psychological). Cya there!
happy.gif

sorry sisters...popped in here just to ask an irrelevant question--

Anyone can recommend a passport photo taking studio --good one preferably in east like tampines? With good results de..

sorry for the hijacking of this thread..TIA!
happy.gif

Laineelaine, i agree with you. She is really very patient and motherly. After my unsuccessful IVF, i visited her and she says "Take it easy, you are still young and be patient". My husband said the same to me but the effect is different.. Ha ha ..

Thanks Sade..I jus tink managing the "gossips" in office can b quite stressful too.

Thanks psp and laineelaine. Cos my case quite jialat, so hope dr zou is able to help me...

ChrisL, ICA is quite strict over the passport photo. To ensure it passed the criteria, I suggest you go to ICA to take the passport photo and at the same time you can renew your passport online over there too. Save the trouble for hunting for another photographer.

Lakigal, perhaps you would like to get the Immunocal to ease the bloatedness after the ER. I did this after my ER the last time and my stomach was like deflated after drinking it... hahaha...

pokoyo, for my inserts, i was given 2 utrogestan pills in the morning and cylogest at night. so still managable.

ya i can understand abt those colleagues, lots of sisters also face it. Just don't be too bother with it. We can't control what others think or do. So no point stressing abt it. Relax is the key point.

Dr Zou also sees a lot of patients hence she can give you good advices. Ya hopefully she can help you.

Hi Red Velvet,

Bored to death in my tiny serviced apt. Cant wait to go home. Meanwhile keeping myself sane: going for 1hr long walks everyday since 3 days after transfer.

I was so devasted when my 2 'good looking morulas' didnt become blastocysts on day5. As I was waiting for the transfer i Was told at my age there has not been any pregnancy success in their database and to opt for donor eggs instead. Did the transfer anyway. I was so DEVASTATED! (can i bold it as well) ;P) Told my husband about it and took a 45min bus ride back instead of a cab as i knew i'd be only more miserable on my own in the studio. I didnt have anyone accompany me after my ER but didnt think much of it. For my ET i wished i had my husband with me.

Anyway i had a good cry, then told myself i will shut out all negatvie thoughts. I am not following the 2ww routine as i still have to go out and buy food and stuff but i have not giveN up yet. When my husband and i decided to take this path, we knew it wasn't going to be easy- That disappointment & failure may come together with it. And if we give up. we will never know our chances.

I have seen miracles happen. It's not over till it's over for me...
Thanks for asking anyway!

Thanks Sade.. Cos tat time, mine was to insert 3 times a day and gotta rest for abt an hr. So dun tink can work at the same time.

Abple, wat is the diff betw a day 2 and day 5 transfer? M considering the day 5 transfer if I'm gng for another try...

Abple, hugs hugs. When is your blood test? Dont give up.

Have you heard of natural IVF before? Minimal injections and collect only 2 or 3 egg follicles at one go. Have to collect the eggs over a few months. Easier on the body, better egg quality and friendlier for older women like us. Of course there must be a doc who is willing to do it for you. I heard Dr Loh from TMC is pro-natural. something to think about.
happy.gif

ChrisL - there is another quick method if u know photoshop and hv a camera or pc w camera.

I downloaded the sample photo that ica provided. Remove the head. Then take pic of myself using the camera on pc and inserted over the head. And it was approved
happy.gif

Abple, who knows, ur embies might be implanting themselves as we speak. Dun give up till ur BT!

Chrisl, how's ur stay in S'pore so far? Good to be home?
happy.gif

Thanks Red Velvet!

I have booked an appt at kkh, at Care & 1 other clinic in Paragon, on the 4th, all back to back. I'd probably cancel the last one and will try to make an appt with Dr.Loh then. I have to think & plan ahead as my time is running out.

My BT is on the 31st.

jkiss..it's ok to go out before ET..

sunniehope..u still continue with twice a wk but nearer er, u need to go daily and one more time after er but before ET.

abple...why u wanna see so many dr back to back? jus for bt?

Pokoyo its more advisable to do day 2 transfer as compare to day 5 blastocyst stage unless u ve alot of embryo. Becoz embryo survive better in mummy's womb . Initially I also wanted day 5 transfer but after hearing advise from my gynae we decided to go ahead with day 2 transfer, that way we still ve embryo for freezing. It is best to discuss with ur gynae becoz they will know ur fertility level n from there they will gv suggestion.

thanks MC...is it like abt one wk b4 ER, acc is everyday? Does the Acc help in egg growth and implantation? Am planning my leave now so that I can go for Acc, dun wanna wait in the evening so planning to go noon time =)

Hi abple, don't lose faith yet leh. Have faith in your embbies. Throw away all negative thoughts. Don't plan ahead first cos if u do, it means u have no confidence in your embbies dear. I'm not good with words. Just wanna tell u, gambete! Hope u will succeed this round!

Yo Chrisl, I took my photo using iPhone, then go to Ica website apply online, there will b an app whereby they will tell u guidelines n criteria for your photo n also allow u to edit your photo. I did just that. Got my passport two weeks ago
happy.gif

Hi Chevy, my transfer was also done by him. Read that he is quite junior, not sure if anyone results in BFP. This is my 6dp5dt, I am still not having any symptoms. Kind of worrying.

Adeline I believed ur embbies are very strong since urs is a day 5 transfer. Btw I thk Dr Lau just got promoted some time ago becoz when I first saw him, he is associate consultant but now he is consultant le n from my understanding from the nurses Dr lau shifu is actually Dr SF Loh. So should ve certain standard n expertise ba
happy.gif

Back