IVF/ICSI Support Group

Beep, my last round ivf retrieved 14 eggs,7 fertilized with only grade 3 embryos (think 5 is best for Kkh) and managed to conceived a healthy baby gal. Froze 5 but sadly 4 did not make it this fet. Now keep telling the one inside how amazing it is to be the only surviving embby...

Jkiss, mine's on 16 aug....can die.... Yeeeps transferred 2 today. Fingers crossed. Having gone thru so many rounds, I'm more relaxed now. All the best okie!

Hope4baby, yup! Keep the faith! Mustnt give up no matter what! Ur little embby will be strong
happy.gif

Hope4baby, I'm under dr Sadhana and i I find her ok, very frank at times, which I like. I don't find her fierce at all. Why do you say that she's fierce? However, we don't really get to see her except ER and ET.

Sunstillshines, ya found a cyst during v scan. But I think it's a normal cyst, cos it's disappear.
Had cysts before also found through scan and when for lapo few yrs back.

Jkiss, not that she is fierce to us... Just that she looks fierce... My hubby was joking when we are waiting for et that she looks fierce next time bb will b fierce also... Hahah

Luv, rest well!! Don't move abt! I'll pray for u dear
happy.gif

Abple, hope everything's ok with u. Just wanna cheer u on.

Babysmurf: no leh, start Lucrin jab on day 21, will have one more round of AF then check baseline (or scan?!) before start stimulation jabs. I am w Dr Loh.

Aug cycle buddies: jia you! Paiseh that I have few words.. Hee. I am coming to terms to this process as the days draw nearer and informing my mgr as needed for my current work situation. The ivf counseling is pretty good I feel (KKH social worker) to help us prepare mentally. Like Lil, I feel anxious and excited but leaving to God's hands.

I pray for BPF to all those who in 2ww! take care to those already preggie!

yoyo niko...gd to hear from you again..glad that u r gearing up for next cycle...jiayou.

jess, so they told u only 3 out of yr 13 make it?

Jess...pretty strange den...normally kk dun call unless there are issues...maybe can find out more details tml? hope the rest of yr eggiee stay strong..

LuvNhope >> hihi, i still remember you all but just that i busy with works so no time to check it out what is happening over here. congratz ya! rest well and may all of us achieve our goals at the end of the day^^

btw, one or two peas now?? hehe, just curious...anyway, most important the pea/peas are healthy and growing well
happy.gif

Pokoyo >> Hi! Actually, I was pregnant but I had a miscarriage after that. The fetus did not grow well. Dr TanHH kept rushing me for second IVF which was supposed to be on June but I rejected. Reason being bcos I seek 2nd opinion from chinese sinseh. He said I am still weak and then the other thing related to chinese horoscope stuff. At the same time, I have new job coming in. So, I just take a break and at the same time try to stay in healthy lifestyle.

I think you may ask qs which related to:

1) what you need to do next as in preparing yourself for next ivf.

2) review what cause your failure. i did a recap with him of the process which i had gone thru and the embbies stuff and also the drugs.

3) about the elonva drug. i am nt sure whether you heard abt this. you may check with red velvet as i had some discussion with her earlier on. Dr. TanHH said i am not suitable for that bcos it won't improve my success rate although it will lessen the number of injections. So, ultimately must see what is the cause of your issue first before the doctor decide on which drugs you suppose to use.

hope my little info will be helpful to you.

Red Velvet, I keep thinking about you nowadays... I hope you are doing well. So, how was the Elonva drug? Any result so far? Care to do some sharing with us?

Hi niko, sori to hear abt ur miscarriage... I agree tat u shd tiao n make ur body strong first b4 u start again.. So u believe in Chinese horoscope? Me too in a way...

Hi pokoyo, ya the grading does not matter a lot. The embbies might like our womb n develop well. Last round I tested hpt positive on d10d2t and bb very healthy
happy.gif

Thanks hope4baby,hopefully my embbies can b as strong as urs. But for my case, I hv hydrosalpinx n the liquid may not make it conducive for the embbies to survive. Possible to share wif me ur prob previously?

Pokoyo, actually my hubby n I should b no fertility problem. Just that we tried 6mths still no good news then tell dr loh to go straight ivf. But I got cyst before that and was removed by dr loh.

Niko, thanks for thinking of me. Elonva is another stimulating hormones that works the same as puregon. Mine was a short protocol. I took the injection at day 3 and another shot of puregon at day 9. The rest of the protocol is somewhat similar. Elonva will not make you more successful in IVF. Just another stim that require less injections. That's all.
happy.gif

As for me, where to begin... My ivf cycle failed. To think back, apart from blaming my age
happy.gif
, I was pretty stressed up during my IVF treatment. Even though I rested, I was pretty stressed up with home matters during my 2ww. Will not tell sisters to relax lah, cos I couldnt do it myself too. Hehehh. For sisters doing IVF now, my advise is to drink tons of water (3 litres) and eat as much protein as you can (protein equivalent to 8 egg whites daily). I was a bit conceited thinking that I do not need too much water and protein as I was feeling very good the first week. The 2nd week was a downhill for me. I couldn't sleep, got mild ohss and heart palpitation.

Anyway, I am tiaoing my body for future FET.

Sisters in 2ww and sisters gearing up for coming IVF. Ganbate and God loves all of you.
happy.gif
Have a great week ahead.

Dear Red_velvet, thank you so much for sharing and advice. You're right, it's hard to be relaxed
happy.gif
At which stage of the IVF should we be drinking lots of water and eating lots of protein? I'm going on my first IVF (long protocol). Seeing doctor on D21. Now only D3.

Aug Buddies, dian_tang, Laki, Min81, Chris, babysmurf, Wave!!
happy.gif
My ET will be in Sept too.
Just calculated using this calendar:
http://thefertilityblogs.com/fertility-tools/ivf-cycle-calculator-calendar/

Lil, *wave back*, guess mine around sep since i b starting in late aug.

Sudden feel emo over it esp when seeing my fren pic w her baby. Juz wonder why i cant strike naturally. N oso already start to worry of d results.
sad.gif

Laki Gal, I was telling my husband this too...about being worried...
He told me to manage my expectations better. He said the correct way to think about this is with the money we are paying for IVF, we are not buying a baby. But we are buying the best chance for a baby. There is a difference. Understanding this and understanding the fact that we may not strike at our first IVF, does make me feel better and gives me some kind of acceptance.

Hope it helps for you too. Hugs. Don't worry, we are in it together and will support each other through this!

lil ponyo - u shld drink lotsa water everyday regardless on ivf or not. up ur protein intake during stimulation. its hard to relax during 2ww but I just continue to work from home to keep my mind off BT

laki - I know how u feel, when my hb's friend announce that his wife is preg, my tears just flow like tap & his other friend say another buddy just married not long got good news already when is our turn!?!? dun worry about the results, keep a positive mind!

Lil Ponyo, think ur DH is wise!
happy.gif
My expectations for my 1st fresh were so high that when it failed, I was devastated. If u can go into this IVF thingie with the mindset that ur DH described, then I'm sure everything will be fine for u.
happy.gif

Lil, think ur dh is rite, guess i hve to think in tat way but on d other side of me, still hope to success on d first try coz longing for my baby. Thks for ur hug
happy.gif

Winniepooh, thks for ur words, now juz try to kep my mind off fm it first coz alot of pple say need positive thinking to success.

dian_tang, yup nv try nv know rite, thks
happy.gif

Yeah we must not give up until the day we hold our baby in our arms
happy.gif
and hold on to our hope that God will fufill our longings soon.
To b frank, am also very drained off these wks, rush to work early so that can knock off early to go acc. But I tell myself all these will be worthwhile.
Laki : cheer up our turn will come too. Stay smiley
happy.gif

Ladies, can anyone share with me the consultation charges or his contact for Dr Loh urgently. Need to seek his advice urgently as my appt with kk hv to wait till end of this mth.

Pokoyo, I hv sent u a pm.

Thanks.

Hi amazing grace, his consultation rate is $60 scan $20. But forgot how much for first consultation fees.

His office no is 65261003.

#05-06 TMC

Hi Sade, thxs for ur prompt response! Need to consult him urgently for my case. Do u guys feel will Dr loh be unhappy if I show him report fr other gynae? N seek him for treatment instead?
Thxs!

Back