IVF/ICSI Support Group

To Dr Tan HH patients here, I wanted to ask him if its okay for me to continue taking chicken essence after embryo transfer. But I forgot la.

What you girls think, is it okay or not? Any effects?

To Dr Tan HH patients here, I wanted to ask him if its okay for me to continue taking chicken essence after embryo transfer. But I forgot la.

What you girls think, is it okay or not? Any effects?
better check with him, shouldn't have any issue if your chix essence is plain chix essence, means no tang kwei etc, ginseng etc. but again, when in doubt, check with your doc

Just had my scan done and have a few eggs ranging between 8-10mm with 2 hazy.. Lining is 6.7.. Today is CD 9 and day 5 of stim.

Doctor has informed that I am at very high risk for OHSS and asked me to increase my fluid intake.

Do you ladies have any advice for prevention of OHSS? Am told to continue Gonal F and Orgalutran till Monday's review

Just had my scan done and have a few eggs ranging between 8-10mm with 2 hazy.. Lining is 6.7.. Today is CD 9 and day 5 of stim.

Doctor has informed that I am at very high risk for OHSS and asked me to increase my fluid intake.

Do you ladies have any advice for prevention of OHSS? Am told to continue Gonal F and Orgalutran till Monday's review

Take lots of egg whites (like up to 6 a day I heard from some ladies), and isotonic drinks like H2O or 100-plus

No effects....I take daily after ET.

Oh oh thats great. Did you have positive results after taking it? Dont mind me asking yah. :D

Chicken essence do make me heaty. But ive been told im "cold" inside, so thats why i make myself take it. But now after ET, i feel fragile la. Haiz. Overthinking is crazy!

better check with him, shouldn't have any issue if your chix essence is plain chix essence, means no tang kwei etc, ginseng etc. but again, when in doubt, check with your doc

TKN I cant ask him cos Im not seeing for this 2ww. Sighs. I wished I have Dr Tans mobile number la. Do u? :D

Ur medication stim similar to mine..More egg whites and plain water...

hello. for me, doc say i have many follicles and she thinks that i would be at risk for OHSS. i had more than 24 follicles on my last scan before ER. to prevent me from getting OHSS, i had to postpone my ET. From my understanding, the trigger shot contains HCG and if you BFP, you will be producing more HCG which could worsen OHSS.
Hello..ooh ok.. Ya dr did say something like tt but it just couldn't register with me.. Thanks for the explanation.. So it has got nothing to do what I've been eating but rather the hormones?

Hi everyone,

Did anyone delay Ivf cycle to remove polyps and check tube? Is that a must?
Any idea after polyps surgery, would doctor give MC?

Hi everyone,

Did anyone delay Ivf cycle to remove polyps and check tube? Is that a must?
Any idea after polyps surgery, would doctor give MC?
If have uterine polyps, must remove else may hinder implantation. Blocked tubes alone doesn't actually affect Ivf coz your eggs are retrieved and fertilised embryos transferred into the uterus However if suspected of swollen tubes or tubes filled with fluid (a condition called hydrosalpinx), need to confirm and resolve before Ivf coz it may also affect implantation.

Oh oh thats great. Did you have positive results after taking it? Dont mind me asking yah. :D

Chicken essence do make me heaty. But ive been told im "cold" inside, so thats why i make myself take it. But now after ET, i feel fragile la. Haiz. Overthinking is crazy!
Yes I bfp twice:D

I feel like there's discharge...like pee feeling. Don't knw if it's the progesterone. Anyone encountered after et pls.

To bless, pls pm me! Thanks

9a137bed87a1f1a6340bfdf61f649aac.jpg

Jz wann rant. As per normal infrm my team members tt im havin woman issues n on hl. My coll lik playin mind games wif mi. Say I roughly know wat happen to u. Thn ask her she say u don wann say i don wan day also.

Hi sisters, if due to OHSS fresh cycle got deferred to frozen cycle, how many days of HL would KK give after ER? For subsequent frozen cycle, HL will be given from ET to BT?

Jz wann rant. As per normal infrm my team members tt im havin woman issues n on hl. My coll lik playin mind games wif mi. Say I roughly know wat happen to u. Thn ask her she say u don wann say i don wan day also.
I've coll who say, we know each other so long Liao.. Tell me lei.. Is it u go IVF... @@
At least yours never ask so direct

She is starting to feel imbalançe for sure. I have colleagues making weird remarks too.

I take in the morning la. My breakfast is ensure milk with immunocal Brazil along and walnuts abt 3 pieces each and one chicken essence. V full can tahan till lunch.

Ensure milk? Nice or not? I see you no take carbs and proteins. My tummy probably protesting!

Hi sisters, if due to OHSS fresh cycle got deferred to frozen cycle, how many days of HL would KK give after ER? For subsequent frozen cycle, HL will be given from ET to BT?

I am with NUH...Mine was also deferred...They gave me one week HL after ER and 16 days HL after FET:)

Ensure milk? Nice or not? I see you no take carbs and proteins. My tummy probably protesting!
Ensure is nice I take the vanilla flavor. It's a bit sweet. No milk taste. More like melted vanilla ice cream taste ba. Am too fat liao can forego Carbo haha. All the nuts are rich in protein as well as immunocal which is equivalent to 3 egg whites I think.

I am with NUH...Mine was also deferred...They gave me one week HL after ER and 16 days HL after FET:)
Thanks for sharing!

I'm scheduled for my 1st fresh cycle with KK next month. I've PCOS and doc already warned me of OHSS. Just wanted to have a sense to prepare my bosses of my absence especially when I've few colleagues with PSLE children...

Hi ladies, decided to start acupuncture and TCM for a few months while taking a break from my first failed fresh cycle. Just wondering, do you all take the herbs as well or do you only do the acupuncture sessions. I take the usual prenatal vitamins and also ubiquinol. I'm wondering if it's overkill to take the herbs too. I go to the Thomson Chinese medicine at Thomson fertility centre

Ladies, just dropping back in to provide some encouragement and positive energy! Jia you!
This journey in a part of our lives is undoubtably tough, we can only our best and take comfort in having no regrets.

"In the end, loving your life is about trusting your intuition, taking chances, losing and finding happiness, cherishing the memories, and learning through experience. It’s a long-term journey. You have to stop worrying, wondering, and doubting every step of the way. Laugh at the confusion, live consciously in the moment, and enjoy your life as it unfolds – struggles and all. You might not end up exactly where you intended to go, but you will eventually arrive precisely where you need to be." ~ Angel Chernoff

Hi ladies, decided to start acupuncture and TCM for a few months while taking a break from my first failed fresh cycle. Just wondering, do you all take the herbs as well or do you only do the acupuncture sessions. I take the usual prenatal vitamins and also ubiquinol. I'm wondering if it's overkill to take the herbs too. I go to the Thomson Chinese medicine at Thomson fertility centre
Hi Aurelie. During my Ivf days, I also consulted Thomson TCM. Usually the physician would not prescribe herbs tcm during the Ivf cycle itself. In between Ivf cycles, if your body needs and will benefit from having tcm herbs, the physician may prescribe. You should inform your physician about other supplements or medication you are taking and raise any concerns you may have so that the physician can advice accordingly. The western supplements/ medication and the tcm medication should be best taken 3 hours apart. That said, if you are still uncomfortable about taking the tcm herbs, just let the physician know as I'm sure they will be happy to just apply accupuncture treatments to complement your needs. All the best!

Ensure is nice I take the vanilla flavor. It's a bit sweet. No milk taste. More like melted vanilla ice cream taste ba. Am too fat liao can forego Carbo haha. All the nuts are rich in protein as well as immunocal which is equivalent to 3 egg whites I think.

Babe I checked but cannot find. What ensure milk are you drinking? Is it the meal replacement?

Don't bother about her la. Just tell her you know ah? Then good Lor. Hahah

I lik yr answer. I replied her k. Noting more. My thinkin is if u knw then u knw lo. If not then let it be lo. She wanted to come visit me too. But on 2nd tot i told her I wanted to recuperate so don trouble coming

Back