IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sister, if doc detect heatiness, can stop taking LGRD tea for a while. Continuing taking heating foods or drinks does at this stage not help the body recover from excess heat & back to balance state. Don't take cold foods. Drink lots of water, make sure avoid heaty foods (no fried foods, less spices), take more neutral foods that help to recover from yin deficiency.
I refer to this article from time to time. Take a look & you can refer to yin deficiency for your case -
http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/lifestyles/health_tips_for_different_body_constitutions_of_tcm.html

All the best. Take care ya!

Yep i am non spicy and non fried person. Thats y i was puzzled.
Thanks sister the link! Will refer to them.

Any sisters here go for brazilian waxing before ivf? Is it advisable? Haha. I feel like clearing the view for im afraid if there might be any side wffects...

Dear Sisters, thank you for your encouragement and blessings. Last week I had to abandon my natural FET because this random lousy follicle didn't grow properly so no ovulation and I was expecting my AF soon. AF indeed came with flow as normal cycle so today CD2. I just collected my meds to start medicated FET cycle this time.
No matter where you are at your cycle, stay positive and let's all Jia you!

All the best DawnBB!! I am.sure we will all graduate soon from this chat!

Jia you!!

Hi Winnie Sis, i show hand this time to D5 blastocyst. Below is my journey & sorri for being. Bit lo so :

12/2013- 1st fresh cyc , retrieved 20, 10 fertilised, Ohss thus cyc abandoned n10 embies frozen for FET.

08/2014- 1st FET, 5 embies thawed for D5 blastocyst but none survived thus abandoned.( suspected embies quality issue)

11/2014- 2nd FET, 2 D2 embies transferred, BFP with one embie but M/c during 6wks.(suspected chromosome issue).

07/2015- 3rd FET , 2 D2 embies transferred, BFN.

08/2015- consulted Dr Tan HH from KKH for a change of hand. He suggested to do 2nd live cyc.

11/2015- current cyc, ER 17, 10 fertilised. Show hand for blastocyst as recommended by Dr Tan to sieve out any inferior quality embryos looking at my past experience might hve quantity but not quality causing miscarriages.

This time round more mentally prepared thus decided to 长痛不如短痛. Rather then another 4 to 5 rounds of FET with emotional roller coaster might as well know the end result earlier
Hi sister, so sad to hear about your story. but some sis still got successful case at their 3rd or 4 th cycle , just don't give up.

[QUOT=threaten ua, post: 8181404, member: 185411"]Good that ur hubby so obedient lo... He just keeps telling me its due to work stress...[/QUOTE]
Got to threathen
I had mild diarrohea 2 days before my ER and had mild ohss. Dunno if the diarrohea was related to ohss though. Ohss can be v serious that some didnt even manage to go through the whole procedure. Please take care and monitor.
Yeah agree with rain flower. Ohss can set in anytime just that is more potential after ER and ET especially if one bfp and own body starts manufacturing and producing the hcg .. better to monitor. Then again some reported diarrhea after antibiotics which Is to be taken before ER. I feel so bloated now ..waist area is so tight after puregon and Ganirelix jab this morn

Hope you will recover soon and try next cycle when you feel ready. Don't give up hope. It's the courage to fight on that counts. Persevere on and hope we will all get to carry our bb eventually soon.

Thanks! I probably will start on it after the review with the doc.

This time, there are many pple who are disappointed together with me. I think the invisible pressure is affecting me somehow.

Time to read back on all the earlier posts on the vitamins to take.

Good luck to you for your medicated fet.

Hi Winnie Sis, i show hand this time to D5 blastocyst. Below is my journey & sorri for being. Bit lo so :

12/2013- 1st fresh cyc , retrieved 20, 10 fertilised, Ohss thus cyc abandoned n10 embies frozen for FET.

08/2014- 1st FET, 5 embies thawed for D5 blastocyst but none survived thus abandoned.( suspected embies quality issue)

11/2014- 2nd FET, 2 D2 embies transferred, BFP with one embie but M/c during 6wks.(suspected chromosome issue).

07/2015- 3rd FET , 2 D2 embies transferred, BFN.

08/2015- consulted Dr Tan HH from KKH for a change of hand. He suggested to do 2nd live cyc.

11/2015- current cyc, ER 17, 10 fertilised. Show hand for blastocyst as recommended by Dr Tan to sieve out any inferior quality embryos looking at my past experience might hve quantity but not quality causing miscarriages.

This time round more mentally prepared thus decided to 长痛不如短痛. Rather then another 4 to 5 rounds of FET with emotional roller coaster might as well know the end result earlier
Sister baby1979, totally feel you as I'm similar situation. I hv done 4 transfers, total of 9 day-2 embies but not successful. This time left with 10 frozen d2 embies and we going to try 5 for D5. Totally understand the 长痛不如短痛 sentiments. There is a risk that I may not hv any blastie or if have, may not be good quality to survive or implant. Even thinking of next fresh cycle what to do (still try own eggs or go for donor) if all frosties don't make it.

Whatever will be will be. Now we must still do our best, then be positive and hope for the best. Let's jia you & hope we will get our bb eventually soon. All the best! Fighting!

Any sisters here go for brazilian waxing before ivf? Is it advisable? Haha. I feel like clearing the view for im afraid if there might be any side wffects...

I only know cannot go after ET and must wait til after 1st trimester then can do waxing.

Sister baby1979, totally feel you as I'm similar situation. I hv done 4 transfers, total of 9 day-2 embies but not successful. This time left with 10 frozen d2 embies and we going to try 5 for D5. Totally understand the 长痛不如短痛 sentiments. There is a risk that I may not hv any blastie or if have, may not be good quality to survive or implant. Even thinking of next fresh cycle what to do (still try own eggs or go for donor) if all frosties don't make it.

Whatever will be will be. Now we must still do our best, then be positive and hope for the best. Let's jia you & hope we will get our bb eventually soon. All the best! Fighting!

Actually from the more recent BFN, i've realised something - before ET, I was very worried that my embryos cannot survive till they reached blastocyst stage and decided to go for D2 embryos to be transferred. From the consultation with THH, I was enlightened in a way that, if my embryos cannot survive till they reached D4/D5, it means that chances of them implanting and surviving in the womb are slim too. Hence, I have decided to blast all 5 frozen embryos and see which one can emerge fittest. At the end of the day, what I want to see a healthy and kicking baby at the shortest possible time and not going through numerous D2 transfers to see which embryo is the fittest.

Time & tide (& womb) wait for no woman.

[QUOT=threaten ua, post: 8181404, member: 185411"]Good that ur hubby so obedient lo... He just keeps telling me its due to work stress...
Got to threathen

Yeah agree with rain flower. Ohss can set in anytime just that is more potential after ER and ET especially if one bfp and own body starts manufacturing and producing the hcg .. better to monitor. Then again some reported diarrhea after antibiotics which Is to be taken before ER. I feel so bloated now ..waist area is so tight after puregon and Ganirelix jab this morn[/QUOTE]

Sis, try to increase ur egg white or drink immunocal if you have. Take care! Jia you!

Tml ET and kkh started me on utrogestron balls. They are so messy! And make me smell heavy. How to open legs ET tomorrow. Very embarrassing eh?

For sisters who are concerned about spotting, just thought I would like to share my experience. I had brown spotting 2dp5dt (transferred 1 hatching and 1 early blastocyst on 4 Nov) and it lasted for 7 days. I was worried too back then. Today I did my blood test and hcg is at 925, which the nurse told me is an indication of pregnancy! So please stay positive and dun give up hope.
Showering baby dust. :)

For sisters who are concerned about spotting, just thought I would like to share my experience. I had brown spotting 2dp5dt (transferred 1 hatching and 1 early blastocyst on 4 Nov) and it lasted for 7 days. I was worried too back then. Today I did my blood test and hcg is at 925, which the nurse told me is an indication of pregnancy! So please stay positive and dun give up hope.
Congrats Joy10! It's great to hear successful cases here!

Actually from the more recent BFN, i've realised something - before ET, I was very worried that my embryos cannot survive till they reached blastocyst stage and decided to go for D2 embryos to be transferred. From the consultation with THH, I was enlightened in a way that, if my embryos cannot survive till they reached D4/D5, it means that chances of them implanting and surviving in the womb are slim too. Hence, I have decided to blast all 5 frozen embryos and see which one can emerge fittest. At the end of the day, what I want to see a healthy and kicking baby at the shortest possible time and not going through numerous D2 transfers to see which embryo is the fittest.

Time & tide (& womb) wait for no woman.
Yes, agree. Jia you Towkayneo!

Congrats Joy10! It's great to hear successful cases here!
Congratulations, @Joy10 ! Grabbing your bb dusts!
Agree with Pinkiebb, it is always inspiring to here success stories to give us hope and all the positive energy.
Hope you will have and enjoy a smooth preggy journey!

Tml ET and kkh started me on utrogestron balls. They are so messy! And make me smell heavy. How to open legs ET tomorrow. Very embarrassing eh?
Don't worry so much. Usually doctor will do little spray of saline water as a way to wash and sterilise under there before proceeding ET. I think doctors would have seen all sorts of condition in their profession and this would be the least of their worry too. Think positive and jia you!!

Happy for you! Congrats. A whole new journey awaits you!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this thread . Just started my ivf journey at age over 40 and needed lots of emotional support. As I read your journeys and experience, I marveled at your perseverance, positiveness and courage! I'm getting my results this Friday, wish me luck!
If there's any advice, symptoms before bfn or bfp please share with me

Hi sister, so sad to hear about your story. but some sis still got successful case at their 3rd or 4 th cycle , just don't give up.
Thank you for your great encouragement sis Winnie . Now staying positive for my 2ww as my show hand paid off with 2 D5 blastocyst transferred. 3 more embies were under monitoring. For now can only pray hard and stay positive.

Wishing myself and all the sistas with baby dust ✨✨✨.

YES! We share the same sentiments sis DawnBB. All of us here have to stay positive. As long we have done our very best , shall life without regrets.

TO all the Sistas here , let's ⛽️加油TOG!

Other than utrogesteron anyone else get other kind of support from kkh?
Hi Only_you, you can check with the IVF centre if they can prescribe Crinone 8% progesterone vaginal gel as a support for you. I am prescribed with the Crinone gel n I did find it better in a way not messy like the Utrogestan pills.

Congratulations Joy!! ☺☺
Grabbing your bb dusts!!

Hi Grace BB dun worry about symptoms .... Everything will be good, just have faith in your embbies.
I am also a over 40 mummy
Thank you gan1972, i did a hpt yesterday at 9pd3dt, it was a strong negative so I'm nervous. I'm hopeful but still trying to suppress to avoid huge disappointment. Praying to God for His Grace and Flavor.

Ladies here who r taking LGRD tea can also consider taking 姜母茶。My tcm says its good for warming the body. It's the same as LGRD tea, jus tat it has old ginger and black sugar added in it.

After getting over the results, got hb to tell his parents. Mil say he was joking, already put in how can not pregnant? If so easy, why are there so many pple still trying?

And only ask, so when trying again? Not even a single sentence of, ask her to rest and take care first.

They dont see the number of jabs i had to go thru, they dont see how i am being so careful so as not to cause harm to the embbies, they dont see how hard i am praying that every cycle will be successful. Just one sentence, when try again??? I am not playing a game, when just one button to start over!

Last edited:
After getting over the results, got hb to tell his parents. Mil say he was joking, already put in how can not pregnant? And only ask, so when trying again? Not even a single sentence of, ask her to rest and take care first.

They dont see the number of jabs i had to go thru, they dont see how i am being so careful so as not to cause harm to the embbies, they dont see how hard i am praying that every cycle will be successful. Just one sentence, when try again??? I am not playing a game, when just one button to start over!

Cheer up dear! Hang in there! Maybe dun let them know at the next round?

Cheer up dear! Hang in there! Maybe dun let them know at the next round?

Yes i am already thinking of doing that. My intention of letting them know is only after i get a heartbeat from my last bfp but hb went to tell them.

I am also thinking of where to go during cny next year. Cos seeing how they are, they would already have told some relatives since they think i was already preggy. Argh!!

Yes i am already thinking of doing that. My intention of letting them know is only after i get a heartbeat from my last bfp but hb went to tell them.

I am also thinking of where to go during cny next year. Cos seeing how they are, they would already have told some relatives since they think i was already preggy. Argh!!
For me, initial cycling, most of them will think put in must be confirmed preggy. When other ask, I will say on the way tbc. Don't ask is the best until the little bump is out.

Got to threathen

Yeah athere's a pith rain flower. Ohss can set in anytime just that is more potential after ER and ET especially if one bfp and own body starts manufacturing and producing the hcg .. better to monitor. Then again some reported diarrhea after antibiotics which Is to be taken before ER. I feel so bloated now ..waist area is so tight after puregon and Ganirelix jab this morn

Sis, try to increase ur egg white or drink immunocal if you have. Take care! Jia you![/QUOTE]
Thanks sis! Up egg whites to 5 .. is it normal for ovaries area to feel as if theres a pulling feel or supression feel after ganirelix? Very uncomfy. And the hormones r wrecking up cos I can feel cramps similar to pms

Thanks sis! Up egg whites to 5 .. is it normal for ovaries area to feel as if theres a pulling feel or supression feel after ganirelix? Very uncomfy. And the hormones r wrecking up cos I can feel cramps similar to pms
Hi hOpeful. Yes it is normal as your follicles are growing to much bigger sizes at later stage of the stim period. The more follicles you have, more discomfort you will feel. Also more follicles, higher risk of OHSS upon the last jab of HCG hormone to mature the eggs for retrieval 36hrs after this jab. Continue to eat the egg whites and take more protein rich foods. After ER, can start taking non-gasy electrolyte drinks like 100plus or H2O, drink at least 2Ls of water daily and minimise strenous activities to let ovaries recover faster. Persevere on & Jia You!

Dear Sisters, thank you for your encouragement and blessings. Last week I had to abandon my natural FET because this random lousy follicle didn't grow properly so no ovulation and I was expecting my AF soon. AF indeed came with flow as normal cycle so today CD2. I just collected my meds to start medicated FET cycle this time.
No matter where you are at your cycle, stay positive and let's all Jia you!

Jia you jia you !

Dawndon't theypost: 8182411 said:
Hi hOpeful. Yes it is normal as your follicles are growing to much bigger sizes at later stage of the stim period. The more follicles you have, more discomfort you will feel. Also more follicles, higher risk of OHSS upon the last jab of HCG hormone to mature the eggs for retrieval 36hrs after this jab. Continue to eat the egg whites and take more protein rich foods. After ER, can start taking non-gasy electrolyte drinks like 100plus or H2O, drink at least 2Ls of water daily and minimise strenous activities to let ovaries recover faster. Persevere on & Jia You!
Hi sister ..dont kkh take blood to test E2 levels? Seems like nuh does .. likewise how do kkh determine risks of ohss?mild medium or severe ..

Hi sister ..dont kkh take blood to test E2 levels? Seems like nuh does .. likewise how do kkh determine risks of ohss?mild medium or severe ..
I'm with TFC. TFC also does not do blood test for E2 during stims. Based on number of follicles during scan, can indicate risk of OHSS but cannot confirm actual impact because everybody is different. Also, OHSS can be managed.

I had mild OHSS for first cycle. Though still under control and ET not cancelled, it felt horrible so I got scared. For my last cycle I had over 30 follicles but with conscious effort starting even before ER to manage it, indeed really can be prevented. I was taking up to 2 eggs daily even before stim, then 2 eggs + 4 egg whites daily starting from 4 days before ER. After ER continue the eggs plus took water with pinch of salt in morning till any symptoms subside after a few days after ET. Thereafter resume to 2 eggs or up to 4 egg whites daily.
The fact is it very rare for OHSS to become so severe that it is fatal given that is a time-limiting condition that will subside over time with measures to prevent and manage the symptoms. TFC relies on a checklist after ER and on ET day to determine how severe if any OHSS and if really need to cancel transfer.

Suggest good read on OHSS -http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome

All the best! Jia you K!

Back