IVF/ICSI Support Group

No I went for day4 transferred , it was supposed transferred on blast but on day 4 then called me to go down to transferred as the embryos are going to glow slowly lor.... I think they also thought the embryos can't survive till day 5 then arrange for 1 day early transferred lor. I remember 1 sister was similar case as mine but under Jeff , dun noe how is she
Could be lining issues in that case..? how thick was your lining prior transfer and did you do the scratch?

For those who keep having BFN despite having good embryo and lining...
Hi fp0706, I am flying off this Friday for retrieval and freezing as Dr Wiwat suggests that frozen embryo is better as it can allows our uterus and ovary to rest for a while before transfer. Therefore i will be freezing and do the transfer at a later date. For me, i am doing 3 retrievals exercise, before transferring.
For 1 IVF fresh cycle, only need to go there twice. First is for dr to diagnose you and give medications, you can get prescription and buy from SG too (but is double and you need to do 2 different injections). In BKK the Gonal F and Menopaur are combined together to inject and no burning pain at all. Needle very tiny. When your menses is here, you can visit SG gynae to do a baseline scan and bloodtest and send BKK the results before they approved your injections. The next trip will be on day 9 or 10 depends, and you stay slightly longer around 4 days to do trigger shot. If you cannot stay too long you can request trigger shot in SG. The main diff is the technology and methods that are used by Dr Wiwat.

Hi. Sorry to bother u. I have been a silent reader since few yr back. Did u try ivf in local hospital b4 gng to bkk for it?

I did 2 round of fresh ivf but end up BFN. Decided to go the last round of ivf(FET) as I still have 4 frozen embryos at Sgh under dr Yu.

Would like to know more abt the cost for ivf in bkk n also what need to be prepare.

Is it a must to travel down to BKK and meet up wth the ivf Doctor b4 we decided to go ahead.

Thanks.

Maybe you can look for your MP to write letters

Haiz in singapore writing to MP. No use one. Quite equal to writing to rubbish bin. MP jus hear you and ask the assistant to write and forward to the relevant department. The relevant department will go by the book and reject us.

Hi Sisters,
Today is my 13dp5dt after FET. when i woke up this morning, there's spotting on my panty. subsequently, i feel pain at lower abdominal and feel cold (top to feet). is it mean i'm fail for this round? I will go for te blood test on tomorrow. a bit worry...

Hi Sisters,
Today is my 13dp5dt after FET. when i woke up this morning, there's spotting on my panty. subsequently, i feel pain at lower abdominal and feel cold (top to feet). is it mean i'm fail for this round? I will go for te blood test on tomorrow. a bit worry...
thats what happened to me on my 1st cycle and failed. but not to worry. think positive and smile. things might turn out positive. pray and think positive. life doesnt end here.

thats what happened to me on my 1st cycle and failed. but not to worry. think positive and smile. things might turn out positive. pray and think positive. life doesnt end here.
Thanks Yokoe, i'm still bring hope untill tomorrow after the blood test.
My leg feel pain & sour... back pain, bloting....will pray hard & hope to get positive result...

Hi. Sorry to bother u. I have been a silent reader since few yr back. Did u try ivf in local hospital b4 gng to bkk for it?

I did 2 round of fresh ivf but end up BFN. Decided to go the last round of ivf(FET) as I still have 4 frozen embryos at Sgh under dr Yu.

Would like to know more abt the cost for ivf in bkk n also what need to be prepare.

Is it a must to travel down to BKK and meet up wth the ivf Doctor b4 we decided to go ahead.

Thanks.
Hi yes I have done 2 Ivf with Nuh under Prof Wong and 3 iui in how eagles before I go Bangkok.

Sisters... I very fan... ytdy I make up my mind to go NUH for my 1st ivf. Today TFC called me ( I write an email to enquire before I call NUH).
She told me the average cost of ivf there is 12k to 15k.

I told my DH just now. He's quite ok with the price and since TFC should be faster, he don't mind. Now, i can't make up my mind again.
I wanted to start the ivf asap. My appt with NUH is 5th Dec, 1st consultation. I believe I should be able to start soon also as the nurse there
told me no waiting time for ivf. For TFC, I can see Dr Loh on next tues morn already. Scarly, can start on my coming nov cycle??

Haiz.. I'm really confused and dunno who to go to now... :(

Thanks Yokoe, i'm still bring hope untill tomorrow after the blood test.
My leg feel pain & sour... back pain, bloting....will pray hard & hope to get positive result...
Hi sister , as long as no full flow , still got hope , if you want you can do HPT test at home , the result is more or less there .

Sisters... I very fan... ytdy I make up my mind to go NUH for my 1st ivf. Today TFC called me ( I write an email to enquire before I call NUH).
She told me the average cost of ivf there is 12k to 15k.

I told my DH just now. He's quite ok with the price and since TFC should be faster, he don't mind. Now, i can't make up my mind again.
I wanted to start the ivf asap. My appt with NUH is 5th Dec, 1st consultation. I believe I should be able to start soon also as the nurse there
told me no waiting time for ivf. For TFC, I can see Dr Loh on next tues morn already. Scarly, can start on my coming nov cycle??

Haiz.. I'm really confused and dunno who to go to now... :(
Hi sister, if you want to start the ivf cycle ASAP , TFC is better , A lot of sisters have good comments on him, but you can get government sub. If you opt for NUH. It really depends.

Tks Winniewiniepooh, i'm start to scare now as went to toilet pee just now... got blood, in watery color...i'm keep praying hard.
Just tell you my case, I got my BFN today. 2 days before And 4 days before BT, I have already tested at home Liao , all got negative. that is why I have mentally preparation when I went to hospital today for BT, because I already know the result. When the nurse called me today , I dont feel too much sad as I almost recover from my sadness and plan what to do next. All the best to your BT tomorrow ....

Hi everyone can I get tips what do you to prep for ivf/icsi next cycle.. .? What are the food to avoid and supplement I should take for me and Husband.?

anyway sorry can I know what is BFN? Very clueless Wif the short form ... Still a newbie

Hi everyone can I get tips what do you to prep for ivf/icsi next cycle.. .? What are the food to avoid and supplement I should take for me and Husband.?

anyway sorry can I know what is BFN? Very clueless Wif the short form ... Still a newbie

Hi there!
December's cycle?
I bought zinc for my husband. The previous IUI showed that there was a improvement in the volume...
Myself im taking tons, blackmores, royal jelly, metformin, and i started on coq10 (which is so ex!)

BFN actually means big fat negative...

Tks Winniewiniepooh, i'm start to scare now as went to toilet pee just now... got blood, in watery color...i'm keep praying hard.
Don't be scared dearie.
There is nothing much more you can do now other than try to stay calm as stressing yourself definitely won't help.
What will be will be. Just do your best and hope for the best.

Hi there!
December's cycle?
I bought zinc for my husband. The previous IUI showed that there was a improvement in the volume...
Myself im taking tons, blackmores, royal jelly, metformin, and i started on coq10 (which is so ex!)

BFN actually means big fat negative...
Hi clairechua...
Nope ... Juz fail on my first nov cycle... Same goes for first iui... So need to better prep my body for the second cycle.. The nurse also say don waste trying this round naturally because of the whatever medication in my body I took for the first round...
Yup coq10 is good ... My Husband took for his Low swimmers... Suddenly got see improvement.

I Wan gather more advice.. Good know also for others that same like me..

Hi ml_Lee ....Cheer up.. You did ur best. Juz continue what you do ... At least we did our part. Was in the same situation like you too.

Can any sister tell the procedure of long protocols and short protocol like now in KKH? Many many thanks
Hi, i am in long protoccol. Once AF comes, call kkivf and i was asked to go down on D20. D21 started lucrin, jabbed for 10days then first scan and followed by 2 more jabs. All in all i jabbed for slightly over a month.

I have just confirmed today that I will abandon my natural FET this cycle.
Follicle was 15.7mm & lining 8.6mm on CD10 last week. Today is CD18 and OPK still -ve, feeling not right so called clinic.
Good thing is managed to see doc today. Follicle is only at 16.1mm so doc confirm this is a lousy follicle so affected ovulation.
I asked if it was because last fresh cycle affected my natural cycle because my natural cycle always very regular and OPK always on CD17 +/- 1. He said shouldn't be and very likely it is just a case of random occurrence that happens to anyone.
Sigh... so just suay lah this month. Now hoping AF come soon to start next FET hope again.
This IVF journey can have so many hurdles and throw curveballs in the least expected way.
Really nothing more I can do now but continue to stay strong, take good care while hoping for my AF to visit soon.

Sharing fave quotes to inspire positive energy for all sisters on this journey -
  • "E.N.D. is Effort Never Dies and if you get No. for an answer, remember that N.O. is Next Opportunity. Always be positive."
  • "Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not obssess. Just breath and have faith that everything will work out for the best."
  • "If you could see the size of the blessing at the end, you would understand the magnitude of the battle you are fighting!"
  • "Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times. If you are going through hard times, have faith that the goods times are on the way."
  • "One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve about the past for it is gone. Do not be troubled about the future for it has not yet come. Live in the present, make it worthwhile remembering."
  • "Remember how far you have come, not just how far you have to go. You are not yet where you want to be, neither are you where you used to be."
Sisters doing cycle this month, continue to jia you k. Stay positive, do your best and hope for the best!

Follicle was 15.7mm & lining 8.6mm on CD10 last week. Today is CD18 and OPK still -ve, feeling not right so called clinic.
Good thing is managed to see doc today. Follicle is only at 16.1mm so doc confirm this is a lousy follicle so affected ovulation.
I asked if it was because last fresh cycle affected my natural cycle because my natural cycle always very regular and OPK always on CD17 +/- 1. He said shouldn't be and very likely it is just a case of random occurrence that happens to anyone.
Sigh... so just suay lah this month. Now hoping AF come soon to start next FET hope again.
This IVF journey can have so many hurdles and throw curveballs in the least expected way.
Really nothing more I can do now but continue to stay strong, take good care while hoping for my AF to visit soon.

Sharing fave quotes to inspire positive energy for all sisters on this journey -
  • "E.N.D. is Effort Never Dies and if you get No. for an answer, remember that N.O. is Next Opportunity. Always be positive."
  • "Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not obssess. Just breath and have faith that everything will work out for the best."
  • "If you could see the size of the blessing at the end, you would understand the magnitude of the battle you are fighting!"
  • "Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times. If you are going through hard times, have faith that the goods times are on the way."
  • "One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve about the past for it is gone. Do not be troubled about the future for it has not yet come. Live in the present, make it worthwhile remembering."
  • "Remember how far you have come, not just how far you have to go. You are not yet where you want to be, neither are you where you used to be."
Sisters doing cycle this month, continue to jia you k. Stay positive, do your best and hope for the best!

Jiayou!

Hi clairechua...
Nope ... Juz fail on my first nov cycle... Same goes for first iui... So need to better prep my body for the second cycle.. The nurse also say don waste trying this round naturally because of the whatever medication in my body I took for the first round...
Yup coq10 is good ... My Husband took for his Low swimmers... Suddenly got see improvement.

I think most of us here are like you... Haha. Just gotta brace ourselves for a stronger cycle next round!

Hi sister, sometimes a plan may not catch up with the changes . So just stay strong to fight for next battle. Jia you.....

I am doing my 2nd Fresh cycle now. Praying hard that at least one or two embies out of my 10 fertilised embies survive the D5 blastocyst for Tmr. If not I would also need to say goodbye to this 2nd fresh cycle.

Feeling so near yet so far but life goes on. Trying to Staying strong and positive

I am doing my 2nd Fresh cycle now. Praying hard that at least one or two embies out of my 10 fertilised embies survive the D5 blastocyst for Tmr. If not I would also need to say goodbye to this 2nd fresh cycle.

Feeling so near yet so far but life goes on. Trying to Staying strong and positive
It is natural to worry and fear but it must not stop us from having faith and hoping for the best.
Still must take good care, rest well so body in best condition to receive your blasties.
Just do your best and no regrets! Jia you!

Hugs for u. You have been so kind in your words and advices. Hang on to the faith n let's work towards our common goal.. getting BFP.

Hi clairechua...

HI Daniz, may I know which brand of coq10 ur hubby took? how long did he take to see improvement?

Hi Anne, i am flying in on 13 NOv, maybe i can still see you in the clinic?
Let me know how it goes.
Sorry just saw ur msg...i flying back tmr, u can pm me if u wanna meetup..
This is my 3rd cycle..i also signed up 3x package..this time only 1 embryo past D2..abit sad..but glad will soon be ET soon (in 1-2 mths time).

Hi sister , why don't transfer D3 embryo ? Like that can put the embryo back to natural environment ASAP .

Screenshot_2015-10-28-13-31-19.png

Got this online :)

QUOTE="Winniewiniepooh, post: 8179224, member: 183613"]Can any sister tell the procedure of long protocols and short protocol like now in KKH? Many many thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi I'm on short protocol now. Called kkh on day 1 and went down on day 3 for baseline scan cos day 1 was on Saturday. Started jabbing ganirelix and puregon from cd3 to c d12 .. backfor next scan on cc d12 .. if all goes well Er should be next week end or next next week

QUOTE="Winniewiniepooh, post: 8179224, member: 183613"]Can any sister tell the procedure of long protocols and short protocol like now in KKH? Many many thanks
Hi I'm on short protocol now. Called kkh on day 1 and went down on day 3 for baseline scan cos day 1 was on Saturday. Started jabbing ganirelix and puregon from cd3 to c d12 .. backfor next scan on cc d12 .. if all goes well Er should be next week end or next next week[/QUOTE]
Hi sister , thanks

Hi sister , why don't transfer D3 embryo ? Like that can put the embryo back to natural environment ASAP .
Hi Winnie Sis, i show hand this time to D5 blastocyst. Below is my journey & sorri for being. Bit lo so :

12/2013- 1st fresh cyc , retrieved 20, 10 fertilised, Ohss thus cyc abandoned n10 embies frozen for FET.

08/2014- 1st FET, 5 embies thawed for D5 blastocyst but none survived thus abandoned.( suspected embies quality issue)

11/2014- 2nd FET, 2 D2 embies transferred, BFP with one embie but M/c during 6wks.(suspected chromosome issue).

07/2015- 3rd FET , 2 D2 embies transferred, BFN.

08/2015- consulted Dr Tan HH from KKH for a change of hand. He suggested to do 2nd live cyc.

11/2015- current cyc, ER 17, 10 fertilised. Show hand for blastocyst as recommended by Dr Tan to sieve out any inferior quality embryos looking at my past experience might hve quantity but not quality causing miscarriages.

This time round more mentally prepared thus decided to 长痛不如短痛. Rather then another 4 to 5 rounds of FET with emotional roller coaster might as well know the end result earlier

Last edited:

DawnBb, im sorry to hear you've gotta cancel this cycle.
I know you are v strong and composed and always encouraging other sisters here, still i hope to lift your spirit... there's always a reason why this cycle has to be postponed which we cant control... There will be lotsa "maybe this", "could be that" etc... but God knows... not having babies now doesnt meant we will nvr get to cuddle our miracle babies!
Continue to rest and take good care of yourslef!!

Hope sisters doing their cycle this month have it smooth and BFP!!

HI Daniz, may I know which brand of coq10 ur hubby took? how long did he take to see improvement?
Hi dontlosehope.... A month after the that..a nurse advice me to gv my Husband. He also went for massage to help his Area mayb got blockage... Mayb somehow it helps also.

Dear DawnBB... U also pull me up when I was feeling down too... Don give up ok. We wil get there one day... Jia you sis!

Hi sisters, does anyone have any idea for the antibiotic that was prescribe to us , do we eat before ER or after ER...I remember I ate after ER for my past cycle but today kkh ask me to eat before ER...:eek:

Hi sisters, does anyone have any idea for the antibiotic that was prescribe to us , do we eat before ER or after ER...I remember I ate after ER for my past cycle but today kkh ask me to eat before ER...:eek:
They have changed the process.. last time was after. This time the nurse said changed.. eat first. I ate the med of the afternn for the night jab before ER.

@DawnBB u are one of the more positive ones here, dont give up!
law of attraction, bundle of joy is on the way to us!!

Hugs sista. You are really my role model keeping the spirit up despite the disappointment. Let's go jia you together.

Back