IVF/ICSI Support Group

When u see Dr after the scan, you can ask Dr to let u copy the follicle sizes and lining. Do it fast if not they might be impatient ;)

I tried asking, but cannot take photo.
I never see doctor after scan. I see their chart and tried to make sense of it hehe. Ya Lor, I can't take pic also.

Hi,
I ate eggs either hard boiled or fried.

My 1st IVF journey is over, today got the result - negative, well, as expected. And no frozen embyos, all of them stopped developing before freezing.
Sad, but live goes on.
I'm having a consultation on Monday, see what doctor has to say.

In any case I'm not going to go for 2nd IVF anytime soon. Will take some time to think what to do next. Maybe God is just giving me another chance to do it naturally.

Hi, cycle buddy,
Sorry for the news.. Like u said, we juz hv to move on as life goes on..

U managed to get an appt so early? Mine is end Apr. I m oso taking the time to tink of plan B.. Take great care..

Hi,
I ate eggs either hard boiled or fried.

My 1st IVF journey is over, today got the result - negative, well, as expected. And no frozen embyos, all of them stopped developing before freezing.
Sad, but live goes on.
I'm having a consultation on Monday, see what doctor has to say.

In any case I'm not going to go for 2nd IVF anytime soon. Will take some time to think what to do next. Maybe God is just giving me another chance to do it naturally.
Hi Lititia,

Sorry to hear that...take gd care of urself n hv a gd break to pamper urself!!! Hope u wl get ur bfp soon via conceive naturally..:)

Btw, which doct r u wif? U manage to get ur doctor's review so early..im still waiting for my doctor's review but is on 22 apr...

My first ivf cycle concluded yday w a bfn from clinic. Somehow our gut feel can tell when it's successful or not.

As to improving egg count n quality, can try taking royal honey at least for 2 months before injections. i had 7 embryos after extractions. Will try FET asap after consulting Dr.

Hi.. i graduate since 2012. Now doing natural thaw cycle. Today went for 1st scan n lining wad 7mm. Then nurse say right 14.. nt sure wa 14 means. Left say she mentioned ??. then she ask me to do ovulation kit. Not ovulate. Btw i gt bfp on my 2nd natural thaw cycle 3 yrs ago. I gt endo too.

Hi ladies....
Can I check how to increase the quality of eggs? Thanks.
Hi codomo,

I seen in earlier thread ... Other sis r taking below during stimulation so I attempt too.
For follicles n uterus lining growth.
1.red bean soup,
2. egg white,
3. fish
4. No icing cold food direct from fridge , leave to thaw.

Nurse always remind me,,,
Don't over stress .. Our body will send signal n egg get stress up too.
Quality n quantity r affected .
(Easier to be said .. Jus try to relax... Although I am a kanjong spider)

Hi Lititia,

Sorry to hear that...take gd care of urself n hv a gd break to pamper urself!!! Hope u wl get ur bfp soon via conceive naturally..:)

Btw, which doct r u wif? U manage to get ur doctor's review so early..im still waiting for my doctor's review but is on 22 apr...

Hi jas249,
Maybe my doctor is not as popular as yours, that's why appointment so early. :) I also was surprised. I'm with Jerry Chan.
Wish you a natural conceive too! Try to relax and take good care of yourself and your husband. When the two people are happy, babies come easier.

Hi, cycle buddy,
Sorry for the news.. Like u said, we juz hv to move on as life goes on..

U managed to get an appt so early? Mine is end Apr. I m oso taking the time to tink of plan B.. Take great care..
Hi queenie,

my doctor is Jerry Chan, maybe he's not as busy as others. I was also surprised to get app so early.
Yeah, live goes on... Take care of yourself and all the best.

Hi codomo,

I seen in earlier thread ... Other sis r taking below during stimulation so I attempt too.
For follicles n uterus lining growth.
1.red bean soup,
2. egg white,
3. fish
4. No icing cold food direct from fridge , leave to thaw.

Nurse always remind me,,,
Don't over stress .. Our body will send signal n egg get stress up too.
Quality n quantity r affected .
(Easier to be said .. Jus try to relax... Although I am a kanjong spider)

Thanks for replying adeapple.
I have an early pregnancy miscarriage.

So thinking when to start my next fresh. No more frozen.

Hi ladies

I found this forum when I was worried about some spotting during my FET in Jan 15 and I always told myself I will come back to share my symptoms and process in detail when I'm ready, for anyone who is wondering about symptoms. So here I am..

I had my IVF fresh cycle in Aug 2014. I'm with a private doctor so they only do 5 day blastocyst transfer. I don't remember so much details then but I think I had 21 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized and 6 made it to blastocyst. I transferred 1 and froze the rest. The entire process wasn't so pleasant, besides the uncomfortable full bladder during ET (on a Monday) I only had average nurses and I was also feeling guilty having my husband sit on an uncomfortable chair next to me all afternoon as my doc wanted me on bed rest for 4hours after transfer.

Subsequently during the 2ww I had mild OHSS so it was very uncomfortable and I didn't feel well. At the same time, I had high hopes so some pressure too. However closer to my BT date, which was 12dp5dt, symptoms disappeared. I had a feeling my cycle was unsuccessful and I was right. It was so upsetting and I decided to just proceed with my year end holidays and think about it again when I'm ready to.

Come Dec, I thought I should try again. I called my doctor and he suggested I do my cycle in jan or feb. Feb is better for me to take off from work, but doctor is going on leave so if the days don't work out, it will be an aborted cycle. I decided to prioritise myself over work and went for a Jan cycle.

As its a FET cycle, there were minimal jabbing and only pills, scans and blood tests. This time round, I took it more lightly. On the ET day(a Tues) my dr called to say the best embryo is not doing so well after thawing so he thawed another one. My hubby was busy at work and I went to the hospital myself. When it was time for the ET, my dr told me the initial embryo rallied and is strong now and it's a hatching blastocyst. So he will transfer this one, and re freeze the second one he thawed. This time round, the nurses I experienced were all so kind who took real good care of me and gave me a lot of pep talks and advices. I was really grateful to them and it made all the difference.

During the 2ww, I was more relaxed and stayed home a lot more than during my fresh cycle (I took the nurses advice altho my dr says life can go on as usual). 8dp5dt, I went to visit my mum and to perm eyelashes (in anticipation of cny) and when I got home, I was tired and experienced light pink/brown spotting. That was when I discovered this forum while I was googling. I thought it was my AF but my AF is rarely so early plus I was on progynova and duphaston!

This got me nervous and then I started obsessing abit. My BT was 11dp5dt and the day before I couldn't resist doing a HPT. It was positive but then it screwed with my head even more! I was so scared it's the pregnyl injection or that it wasn't accurate etc...I was on my toes until the BT was finished and my doc called me back with the results of 700+ HCG reading.

I hope my recount helps others who are wondering about symptoms. On hindsight, the spotting I had could have been implantation bleeding. I think the relaxed attitude worked. I think the break between the fresh and fet cycle helped. I think the lower level of drugs during fet cycle allowed my body to be in a better condition. Both cycles I didn't eat special food or avoided special food. But I guess, there is no absolute answer.

All the best to all of you!

Relax is very impt. When i did my 1st fresh.. i went frm eating egg white.. Brazil nuts to doing tcm... and stay thru out at home for 2ww and i was very careful with myself. But i didnt bfp. Then i rest 1 cycle n start my natural thaw after a mth. This time i didnt eat egg white red bean soup Brazil nuts. Oni had some chic essence. I also didnt go tcm after that. On tha day of ET.. i went bk to work the next day. I rem my dad gt admit to hosiptal and my office shifting... i didnt had time to think much of my ivf... life as per normal. I had spotting too and when for early bt. But reasult showing low hcg. Thenni hv to go again in the 3rd day of my actual bt... this time mynhcg was increased.. and gt bhp. Now she going 3 soon.. i am nt sure how i did it... but my spotting was more like a light AF till i pass my 1st tri it still there...

So i hope all mummy to be stay with a calm mind n relax as much as possible... make urself busy to get this waiting out of ur mind...

Thanks for replying adeapple.
I have an early pregnancy miscarriage.

So thinking when to start my next fresh. No more frozen.
Hi codomo,

Consider TCM to tone up body.
Personally , I been to 2 TCM.
Both comment my womb is cold so I avoid cold food n drink.
Stay healthy, rest well ... Do not fall sick during d ivf procedure .

Hope to hear yr good news soon.

Hi twist
my 1st cycle failed and no frozen embryos (got 6eggs but one one develope, unfortunately that one fail too)
Doctor say my lining is thin
May I check drink red bean soup 2-3 times a week before the my 2nd cycle or drink all the way?

I eat RBS during stimulation..on D3..mine is 3.8mm on D14 I am 6.4mm triple. I think the min is 6.5 or 7 to do ET.

ya before ER. after ET is consider 2WW.

here are what some sisters did. I follow suit:

• During stimulation i only ate egg whites, drink ensure milk, folic acid, brazil nuts (5 pcs per day)
  • if lining is thin. drink red bean soup. I drink 2-3 times a week. really help me thicken my lining.
  • after ET, eat hardboil egg white (I ate 2-3 per day) ensure milk/folic/brazil nuts.

Good Luck for your 2nd IVF!

thankx twinsy..ok..i better start doing it now man

where to get brasil nut

Since Dr Loh say can shld be fine. Means we will be cycle buddy this time round. I am doing starting my jab in may. On long protocol. :)

Hihi, am also starting my jab in May. Short protocol. Supposed to start in April but when AF arrived, I went down with viral fever and all, the nurse says better to defer to next month. Hiaz

Hi ladies

I found this forum when I was worried about some spotting during my FET in Jan 15 and I always told myself I will come back to share my symptoms and process in detail when I'm ready, for anyone who is wondering about symptoms. So here I am..

I had my IVF fresh cycle in Aug 2014. I'm with a private doctor so they only do 5 day blastocyst transfer. I don't remember so much details then but I think I had 21 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized and 6 made it to blastocyst. I transferred 1 and froze the rest. The entire process wasn't so pleasant, besides the uncomfortable full bladder during ET (on a Monday) I only had average nurses and I was also feeling guilty having my husband sit on an uncomfortable chair next to me all afternoon as my doc wanted me on bed rest for 4hours after transfer.

Subsequently during the 2ww I had mild OHSS so it was very uncomfortable and I didn't feel well. At the same time, I had high hopes so some pressure too. However closer to my BT date, which was 12dp5dt, symptoms disappeared. I had a feeling my cycle was unsuccessful and I was right. It was so upsetting and I decided to just proceed with my year end holidays and think about it again when I'm ready to.

Come Dec, I thought I should try again. I called my doctor and he suggested I do my cycle in jan or feb. Feb is better for me to take off from work, but doctor is going on leave so if the days don't work out, it will be an aborted cycle. I decided to prioritise myself over work and went for a Jan cycle.

As its a FET cycle, there were minimal jabbing and only pills, scans and blood tests. This time round, I took it more lightly. On the ET day(a Tues) my dr called to say the best embryo is not doing so well after thawing so he thawed another one. My hubby was busy at work and I went to the hospital myself. When it was time for the ET, my dr told me the initial embryo rallied and is strong now and it's a hatching blastocyst. So he will transfer this one, and re freeze the second one he thawed. This time round, the nurses I experienced were all so kind who took real good care of me and gave me a lot of pep talks and advices. I was really grateful to them and it made all the difference.

During the 2ww, I was more relaxed and stayed home a lot more than during my fresh cycle (I took the nurses advice altho my dr says life can go on as usual). 8dp5dt, I went to visit my mum and to perm eyelashes (in anticipation of cny) and when I got home, I was tired and experienced light pink/brown spotting. That was when I discovered this forum while I was googling. I thought it was my AF but my AF is rarely so early plus I was on progynova and duphaston!

This got me nervous and then I started obsessing abit. My BT was 11dp5dt and the day before I couldn't resist doing a HPT. It was positive but then it screwed with my head even more! I was so scared it's the pregnyl injection or that it wasn't accurate etc...I was on my toes until the BT was finished and my doc called me back with the results of 700+ HCG reading.

I hope my recount helps others who are wondering about symptoms. On hindsight, the spotting I had could have been implantation bleeding. I think the relaxed attitude worked. I think the break between the fresh and fet cycle helped. I think the lower level of drugs during fet cycle allowed my body to be in a better condition. Both cycles I didn't eat special food or avoided special food. But I guess, there is no absolute answer.

All the best to all of you!

Congrats!
Can you share if you do anything different this time?

Dear sisters,

Wanna ask ur opinion..... My tcm says that because my DH has very poor motility and low vitality numbers, the chances of Ivf will be less than 10% even with ICSI.... Has anyone with the same situation and able to BFP? Morphology is not a key concern though....

Dear sisters,

Wanna ask ur opinion..... My tcm says that because my DH has very poor motility and low vitality numbers, the chances of Ivf will be less than 10% even with ICSI.... Has anyone with the same situation and able to BFP? Morphology is not a key concern though....
Can share what are ur numbers? I would hardly think icsi will be affected by sperm... u just need a few good ones in millions of sperm leh.

Can share what are ur numbers? I would hardly think icsi will be affected by sperm... u just need a few good ones in millions of sperm leh.
Sperm viability 25% (ideal >=60%)
Sperm motility 15% (ideal >=40%)

After my tcm say less than 10% success, I'm super sian.... It's like Ivf, the ultimate option won't work for me....

Last edited:

After my tcm say less than 10% success, I'm super sian.... It's like Ivf, the ultimate option won't work for me....

drs I consulted tell me ICSI can overcome sperm problem. It's the egg quality that is impt. A good and young egg can compensate sperm problem. Your Tcm is very negative. U should ask your Tcm then what he or she propose U to do. Don't feel defeated when U haven't start on a new cycle.

drs I consulted tell me ICSI can overcome sperm problem. It's the egg quality that is impt. A good and young egg can compensate sperm problem. Your Tcm is very negative. U should ask your Tcm then what he or she propose U to do. Don't feel defeated when U haven't start on a new cycle.
I guess he is also speaking from his experience... Though egg quality counts, sperm quality is jus as impt....

@tsf0205 : motility looks abt normal for many icsi patients, i think. Not sure abt viability and what that means

Don't be so discouraged. ICSI is never a confirmed success - in the end the embryologist has to select ONE sperm out of the whole gang based on his/her experience. So the lab plays just an important factor in the case of ICSI IVF. Even if it's 1.5% instead of 15% motility, if the correct one is selected, most of the male factor issues (apart from genetic issues) are addressed.

Go with a positive mind whenever you cycle. It's a difficuly journey as it is - Don't let someone's opinion affect you if you hv decided to go ahead. Nothing much you cam change so might as well 'chiong' ahead with great positivity and realistic expectations. Good luck, dear.

I share Jumbogirl's and Ron's view.

My hubby is in his 40s and has poor count, motility and morphology. My doc said ICIS will overcome our poor sperm problem and success rate with ICIS for our case is still at 30+% based on my age group. Our hubbies have at least 1 million sperm, seriously we only need the best 20 sperms out of 1 million or several millions to fertilize our eggs. Our embryologists will do sperm washing to filter the best ones out.

My hubby was initially feeling very negative and I also shared the above statement to him.

TCM sinseh is only an expert in his own field and not an expert in IVF, so take his words on IVF success rate with a pitch of salt. If you don't believe me, just throw him some questions on ICIS from science journals.

I am sure that we are more fertile than her :p please stay hopeful ok.
German woman pregnant with quadruplets at 65
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/german-woman-pregnant-quadruplets-65-reports-134258287.html

Last edited:

My tcm said cos of my low bbt, I'd nv be pregnant even with Ivf. I stuck with her for 9mths trying to take her herbs to increase my bbt.
After 9mths with no increase, I decided to go ivf. Didn't strike for my fresh but Bfp with my FET 3 mths later... without her herbs!
Feel like going back to tell her what she said was all crap!
Ivf is a numbers game.. U just need that right one at the right time.

My tcm said cos of my low bbt, I'd nv be pregnant even with Ivf. I stuck with her for 9mths trying to take her herbs to increase my bbt.
After 9mths with no increase, I decided to go ivf. Didn't strike for my fresh but Bfp with my FET 3 mths later... without her herbs!

There are black sheeps in all trades. Sometimes I wonder... did these TCM say these words to discourage ladies from seeking IVF so that they can keep them as customers and earn their $$$? 1 month of TCM med already costs hundreds.

I forgot to mention that before going ivf I asked her why my bbt didn't increase a bit after 9 cycles of her herbs. She said it must be my genes!!! That was when I decided to ditch her.

I forgot to mention that before going ivf I asked her why my bbt didn't increase a bit after 9 cycles of her herbs. She said it must be my genes!!! That was when I decided to ditch her.

She's really ridiculous! Please give hints this tcm is from which area one.

I am glad that you have proved her wrong!

She's really ridiculous! Please give hints this tcm is from which area one.

I am glad that you have proved her wrong!
Some small shop at Fortune Centre.
But I must give her credit for improving my hubby's numbers (everything increased except morphology).
Hubby's friend struck naturally after seeing her. So maybe it was really my genes, or I'm just plain lucky.

Some small shop at Fortune Centre.
But I must give her credit for improving my hubby's numbers (everything increased except morphology).
Hubby's friend struck naturally after seeing her. So maybe it was really my genes, or I'm just plain lucky.
Agree that many tcm are against ivf. Is natural la come on, even if they are ethical, of coz they think their own herbs and skills better rite! Is like how naturopath will always say natural herbs better, and western dr are mostly against or indifferent abt tcm. Sama. End of day, choose a path that ur most comfortable and realistically possible for u to try.

Go find Dr Zou from AMK. She a tcm doc who specialise in fertility. She wont say neg words to u. I was with her 3 yrs ago and got bfp after my 1st FET.

Go find Dr Zou from AMK. She a tcm doc who specialise in fertility. She wont say neg words to u. I was with her 3 yrs ago and got bfp after my 1st FET.
What's most impt in a tcm sinseh is that your body's condition IMPROVE under him/her.
I say this cos I had seen 3 sinsehs... 1st 2 of which are "famous & popular" in fertility but things didn't improve a bit for me & hubby. Only that 3rd not-famous one helped improve hubby's.
Different tcm gives different herbs. U just have to find one who u have "fate" with :)

What's most impt in a tcm sinseh is that your body's condition IMPROVE under him/her.
I say this cos I had seen 3 sinsehs... 1st 2 of which are "famous & popular" in fertility but things didn't improve a bit for me & hubby. Only that 3rd not-famous one helped improve hubby's.
Different tcm gives different herbs. U just have to find one who u have "fate" with :)
Hi, can tell me who is the 3rd tcm u visited?

Thanks all sisters to yr comments. Because of wat the tcm said, we r thinking whether to proceed to ivf cycle or not.... Cos taking another 3 mth tcm meds, it's not like it's gonna to jump from poor SA to good SA.

Thanks all sisters to yr comments. Because of wat the tcm said, we r thinking whether to proceed to ivf cycle or not.... Cos taking another 3 mth tcm meds, it's not like it's gonna to jump from poor SA to good SA.
I just pm u!

Tsf, my hubby had poor count, motility and morphology. But at kk becos they don't share much abt the information when they inject the sperm in the egg. All I know is that on my last cycle, the specimen that my hubby produced, half were not moving. But they still managed to inject the eggs. I had a bfp but still lost it. I reckon that my egg is not of quality as well which contribute to the problem.

Don't lost heart k? Maybe try a new TCM? To be honest, the last TCM I went to who is supposed to be famous but super ex, I don't really feel much difference to my body. But now I switch to a cheaper alternative and not so famous, after taking the herbs, my hands and feet are not as cold as it used to be.

Tsf, ivf is never a confirm bfp solution. We will initially TCM hop cos we heard he or she is gd or perhaps tat sister went n strike after Few treatments. But we all know that we are doing all these to make us feel better and that we do all we could to hv a bfp. But after many tries, slowly one will understand that all these are craps. I have friends Who ate all kind of supplements Which include tree barks and asked for max support during cycles. No luck for them but poof...... some bfp naturally! My conclusion is if we ever wanna try for another round, be prepared to fail first. I'm not pouring cold water at anyone, but we know ourselves (for those whom did few cycles already). If we eventually get a bfp, it will be a bonus to us. If bfn, we will not get hurt that bad n will be able to get out of e pain sooner. Dun believe totally wat your tcm said. If u can't get over it now, how are u gog to go through another cycle of anxiety again? Just my two cents worth of thoughts. Hope I dun offend anyone here...

Sperm viability, according to my tcm are very strong sperms. Western doctors till date always can't find out the reason for inplantation failure or embryo development. So I believe my tcm words may make some sense in a way. Of cos, i am well aware of my situation. Being failed 3 cycles and not putting a lot of hope on the next... Can BFP, it's a bonus... If not, try again... Emotional stress is something every ivf-ers face... Jus hope I can brave through my next cycle...

I didnt bfp when I did my1st fresh and during tha period i go tcm. 1st FET... I didnt go tcm n got bfp..
What i wa to say is.. i believe tcm is partly helping me to warm my body.. maybe it the time or luck or i am more relax in my 1st FET...cos i dnt bother to do anything or rest on my 1st FET.

Back