IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sore boobs - yes depending on which meds. Water retention - yes, definitely for me. right after ER body naturally readjusted each time.

I m back on puregon for this cycle. Which is the same as my 1st. N I m due for ER yet.. Plus I have heavy discharge.. Hope I m on the right track..

hi all,
i am new to this thread. i got my BFP on 24th nov from IVF from transferring two 5 day blastocyst on 10th nov.
HCG 24/11 - 232
HCG 26/11 - 477
HCG 30/11 - 3900

i have minor spotting on sunday late night with pink discharge, so i went to kk 24 hr O&G, after a vagina u/s, the doctor on duty say she saw a water bag, however, as it is still very early as i am only 5 weeks pregnant. however on monday, i started to have some fresh red bleeding, it was very little. i immediately went to see dr loh on monday. he gave me proluton jab and up my duphaston and told me to rest more. its been 2 days now, although there is no more fresh red bleeding,but i am still having brown discharge. it comes on and off, and now it seems like it is getting more. i am very worried. can somebody please advise??

Who is ur doc in KKH? Perhaps set an appointment to c him/her to get a reassurance? The 1st scan shd b 6 wks?

hi all,
i am new to this thread. i got my BFP on 24th nov from IVF from transferring two 5 day blastocyst on 10th nov.
HCG 24/11 - 232
HCG 26/11 - 477
HCG 30/11 - 3900

i have minor spotting on sunday late night with pink discharge, so i went to kk 24 hr O&G, after a vagina u/s, the doctor on duty say she saw a water bag, however, as it is still very early as i am only 5 weeks pregnant. however on monday, i started to have some fresh red bleeding, it was very little. i immediately went to see dr loh on monday. he gave me proluton jab and up my duphaston and told me to rest more. its been 2 days now, although there is no more fresh red bleeding,but i am still having brown discharge. it comes on and off, and now it seems like it is getting more. i am very worried. can somebody please advise??
I can't help much but just giving a hand of encouragement. Stay positive and as difficult as it is, try not to worry & perhaps cheer the little one(s) to fight on. The worry never ends but i hope you get pass this hurdle quickly.

When is your nxt scan?

I'm secretly asking the same qn in my heart..

Whole ivf process, I'm thankful that I felt almost nothing (only bloated for 1 week after egg retrieval)... But spotting red on 11dp3dt so went straight to take bloodtest (2 days earlier)

Spotting stopped immediately when I stopped my vaginal inserts. If AF don't show next few days, I will test!

I've read that some ladies' bodies cannot adjust back, so have to take meds to induce AF. Dunno how true this is?

Think this is true for me. I took med to induce af before starting fet.

I kicked caffeine for 3 yrs also no success yet ah.. I did it coz I couldn't take the guilt.
At first I had "withdrawal symptoms"... Now I don't even crave for coffee at all (I even puked recently when I tried a decaf)

I seriously take this caffeine thingy with a pinch of salt. I've friends who drink & smoke everyday but they are popping babies non-stop.
Yeah totally understand some pp no matter what they do still can conceive easily. Though dunno how caffeine affects or does it have a part to play in successful conceiving, I think cutting the habit is just to tell ourselves that we have done all that we could and have put in our best so we have no regrets.

hi hopeful78, my doctor is dr tan hh. as you know, it is so hard to get to see him:( my fetal viability scan will be on 10th dec.

hi ron8129, thank you for your encouragement, as much as i am trying to keep positive, i think i am breaking down. the wait is just so hard..this is my 2nd cycle. already failed 1 fresh before.

i really dunno why the brown discharge just keeps coming.

I kicked caffeine for 3 yrs also no success yet ah.. I did it coz I couldn't take the guilt.
At first I had "withdrawal symptoms"... Now I don't even crave for coffee at all (I even puked recently when I tried a decaf)

I seriously take this caffeine thingy with a pinch of salt. I've friends who drink & smoke everyday but they are popping babies non-stop.
Yeah totally understand some pp no matter what they do still can conceive easily. Though dunno how caffeine affects or does it have a part to play in successful conceiving, I think cutting the habit is just to tell ourselves that we have done all that we could and have put in our best so we have no regrets.

hi hopeful78, my doctor is dr tan hh. as you know, it is so hard to get to see him:( my fetal viability scan will be on 10th dec.

hi ron8129, thank you for your encouragement, as much as i am trying to keep positive, i think i am breaking down. the wait is just so hard..this is my 2nd cycle. already failed 1 fresh before.

Hi I'm not experienced in this, but I think u heed dr Loh's advice, rest more n dun worry too much.

Can I ask what u mean by some ladies body cannot take it? Meaning the next few cycles after failed ivf will be very late is it?
Hi my 2nd cycle after failed ivf took me 40 over days before the next af came. Until I worried that body was spoilt. Then the third cycle was 34 days, oso v long. Still trying to wait for return to normal cycle length of 28-31 days.

Can I ask what u mean by some ladies body cannot take it? Meaning the next few cycles after failed ivf will be very late is it?

I think some mentioned before that the meds need to be flushed out from body. For me, i am sensitive to meds effect. They either work too well or doesnt work. Mostly extremes. And plus pcos didnt help in resuming my af. I waited almost 50 days bah before i caved in to take med to induce af.

Hi my 2nd cycle after failed ivf took me 40 over days before the next af came. Until I worried that body was spoilt. Then the third cycle was 34 days, oso v long. Still trying to wait for return to normal cycle length of 28-31 days.

Am I right to interpret that u mean your cycle AFTER failed ivf? U dun mean that failed ivf cycle itself right?

I know It's not easy to stay calm.. U saw Dr Loh abt 3 days ago? Drop both Dr Tan and Dr Loh an email and see what they say? 1 wk will be a long wait.. I don't think I can stand it if I m in your shoes too.

Try taking chicken essence as well?

Is coffee a big no no even while waiting to do ivf, er?

It's difficult to stay away from coffee. Feels guilty when I take it.

What beverages do you all take?
Before ivf I drank coffee min 2 times a day and I am not a water drinker :p
But since ivf I stop coffee completely although nurse says once a day is ok. You can do it!
First few days of injections because of my usual bad cramps and migraine, started vomiting so end up I took honey which seems to help. For now, I drink honey, Longan red dates tea etc

im into my fifth or sixth day of injection. can't rem. no feeling.. wonder how is the growth of eggs... pending for my scan now.. yesterday I was blur inject halfway then eh why cannot dispense medicine. turn out medicine is finished and I did not replenish. blur me as was in a hur tty to go to work. then inject 2nd time for the difference in dosage.

For me, my ivf starts in nov. But dr requested mock ET for me thus I went in oct. My AF in nov was late more than 10 days (mine usually very accurate thus getting worried and also call up kk) end up dr ask me wait one week before they induce. It came a few days after than. Thus, I guess you need to be prepared it will definitely have some changes to our body.

im into my fifth or sixth day of injection. can't rem. no feeling.. wonder how is the growth of eggs... pending for my scan now.. yesterday I was blur inject halfway then eh why cannot dispense medicine. turn out medicine is finished and I did not replenish. blur me as was in a hur tty to go to work. then inject 2nd time for the difference in dosage.
Hi mrs tann, which doc r u with now? Hoe many scans was done from day 2 till now? Is it go to each scan will need to have blood test? Jiayou!

Hi mrs tan, I always ks follow the table accordingly, the nurse help me do a marking so I know when the medicine is finished so not need rejab. Good luck in your scan!

I know It's not easy to stay calm.. U saw Dr Loh abt 3 days ago? Drop both Dr Tan and Dr Loh an email and see what they say? 1 wk will be a long wait.. I don't think I can stand it if I m in your shoes too.

Try taking chicken essence as well?
Xylitol, how abt going to get your beta hcg checked every 3 days? Would that give u a better sense of control? sometimes the worst thing is doing nothing coz the mind goes crazy.

I have read many women do bleed (spot pink and red) thru their pregnancies and perhaps rest and the proluton will help.

Keep monitoring but your beta did go up so stay positive! Baby is fighting, you should too, ya!

Hi mrs tann, which doc r u with now? Hoe many scans was done from day 2 till now? Is it go to each scan will need to have blood test? Jiayou!
Connie, I only do three scans. on D1 of stimulation (3rd day of AF), D7 and D9. No blood test during your injections and for your scan, until you are ready for ER then there will be a blood test needed. They will also schedule you 35 hrs before ER a jab.

I scan during 1st visit D1 (thats day 2 of my menses) and now D7 my first scan. Lining 6mm only a bit low right? Follicles various sizes from 7mm to 13.5mm.

Anyone same cycle as me? I'm on short protocol. I estimate myself my ER to be around next Thur/ Fri, ET on Sat-Mon.

Labbit : With Doc Sad

Last edited:
hopeful78. im also puregon 183 units of dosage lower than my previous round. doc says tmrw I need to go back for scan D8 to track closely as my follicles can grow too fast based on a bit of stimulation (based on my BT result)

rememberrainbow, i salute u for your determination. good job on quitting your 'addiction'! i also quit my fav milk tea 2 months before my first failed fresh, and is now drinking minimum while waiting to do FET in dec ( max 1 cup per week) . i also said goodbye to my fav coke and cold drinks . rememberrainbow, u r 33 yrs old as u mentioned few days back right? what does the 44 below your profile name means ? initially i tot u r 44 hahahah.

hi xylitol, if u r worried , go see dr one mre time before your next scan on 10/12. meanwhile make sure bedrest more . apart from going toilet and for meals, try to stay in bed with things that u need beside your bed . think positive and try to be cheerful for your baby and i wish u a smooth pregnancy

r

Xy: as long no more fresh red blood, u shd be,safe. brown discharge are juz old blood expelling out. Was hosp due to this n I had brown discharge for a mth in Oct. I was 10 weeks preg then. Meanwhile, like old aunty said, pls bedrest as much as u can n not walk too much.

Old aunty, why u call yourself old aunty. Coco Chanel said "Age is irrelevant. You can be ravishingly beautiful in twenty, charming at 40 and irresistible for the rest of your life" Hee Hee :p

I scan during 1st visit D1 (thats day 2 of my menses) and now D7 my first scan. Lining 6mm only a bit low right? Follicles various sizes from 7mm to 13.5mm.

Anyone same cycle as me? I'm on short protocol. I estimate myself my ER to be around next Thur/ Fri, ET on Sat-Mon.

Labbit : With Doc Sad
Mine is doc THH. But doc sadhana did my ET as doc THH not around.

Mrs tan, you going back this sat for scan?

Last edited:
rememberrainbow, i salute u for your determination. good job on quitting your 'addiction'! i also quit my fav milk tea 2 months before my first failed fresh, and is now drinking minimum while waiting to do FET in dec ( max 1 cup per week) . i also said goodbye to my fav coke and cold drinks . rememberrainbow, u r 33 yrs old as u mentioned few days back right? what does the 44 below your profile name means ? initially i tot u r 44 hahahah.

Dunno y my profile says 44, I don't rem keying in birthdate, dunno how to edit my profile.

I didn't juz kick caffeine. I stopped eating a LONG list of stuff which my sinseh advised against (1 of it is chicken!!!). Been eating mainly soupy stuff, no fried..

Hubby got fed up coz I became v fussy w food, say I "torture" myself like that how to b happy in life. But I don't c it as torture, I c it as loving sacrifice for my future bb.

There's only so much diet can do la. I think it's just my genes, TCM didn't change a thing in me. I'm a perfect eg of a guai-guai-follow-textbook gal but still nothing after 3 yrs.

For me, my ivf starts in nov. But dr requested mock ET for me thus I went in oct. My AF in nov was late more than 10 days (mine usually very accurate thus getting worried and also call up kk) end up dr ask me wait one week before they induce. It came a few days after than. Thus, I guess you need to be prepared it will definitely have some changes to our body.

Wah... this type of procedure still got mock test? Serious?

Dunno y my profile says 44, I don't rem keying in birthdate, dunno how to edit my profile.

I didn't juz kick caffeine. I stopped eating a LONG list of stuff which my sinseh advised against (1 of it is chicken!!!). Been eating mainly soupy stuff, no fried..

Hubby got fed up coz I became v fussy w food, say I "torture" myself like that how to b happy in life. But I don't c it as torture, I c it as loving sacrifice for my future bb.

There's only so much diet can do la. I think it's just my genes, TCM didn't change a thing in me. I'm a perfect eg of a guai-guai-follow-textbook gal but still nothing after 3 yrs.

Have you think of changing a new doctor?

Hi remember rainbow,
I also with nuh prof pc wong last 2 years. Did my 1st fresh and conceive successfully. Now my gal already 11 months and turn to 1 year old 3 weeks later.

i will go to see him.again after cny to try my 2nd as i do not have any FET. Remember last time i have 9 eggs but only one fertilised. It was so stressful and disappointed that time. But luckily the one is strong and survive.

Dun make urself too stress. Be positive and relax relax relax.

If no fresh blood continuously, its okay!
I only quitted coffee only when I started stimulation. :(

Anyone remember why we need to eat eggs at this stage? I cant remember why and I hv not started taking yet. Prevent OHSS right?

Hope I have luck with Dr Sad. Last round I retrieved 20 eggs but have 3 usable eggs and 2 did not bfp. Left 1 frozen. Eventually still depends on luck. Just need 1 to make it work..

Sat no idea yet.

Now I go acpuncture at tcm. Maybe I also apply eo at my tummy womb area.. Dunno help a not..

Last edited:

I totally agree with you that good diet can make us healthier to conceive but there is no guarantee. My friend nagged me for years and years to drink lots of red tea coz she believed her sis conceived on red tea. Very sian to hear. Even now I don't think red tea would have solved my complicated fertility problems.

Have you think of changing a new doctor?

Don't think so.
Tried 3 sinsehs & was actually at a pte & KK (for all my tests) before switching to nuh.
Every switch is stressful to me cos I'm the kind who takes comfort in familiarity. More doctors also meant more differing viewpts, making me more confused.

I quitted coffee once when I started stimulation. :(

Anyone remember why we need to eat eggs at this stage? I cant remember why and I hv not started taking yet.

At what stage? Many sisters here advocate eating egg whites during the 2ww to help with implantation. Don't worry if you haven't started. I believe that there is no absolute guarantee of conception by eating something - as if it's so easy, then why do we need all that IVF technology? I did not eat anything special during my 2ww, except the Chinese herbs that TSB prescribed me, coz I was so ignorant (that was before I joined this forum and read the wealth of knowledge here). If it's meant to be, it will happen, and your beanie will stick with you. :)

Don't think so.
Tried 3 sinsehs & was actually at a pte & KK (for all my tests) before switching to nuh.
Every switch is stressful to me cos I'm the kind who takes comfort in familiarity. More doctors also meant more differing viewpts, making me more confused.

How long did you stay with each TCM doctor? For many cases, TCM takes a long time to show effect.

Think when start jab can take Ew or protein drink. I recalled its to counter the OHSS.. to battle the build up of fluid in the body due to over stimulation. (just goggled) Esp for pcos can be easily over stimulated. I feel quite lax for this cycle. My dosage has dropped compared to last cycle. Last cycle I felt over stimulated and v uncomfortable towards the end. Those days I took 10 eggs a day. Luckily I love to eat egg whites.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new in here... I realized most of u in here are with KKIVF.

I'm with Prof Wong at NUH, if u wish to know more.

More abt me:
Me (33) big fibroid & small endo cyst, & LH always surge when follicles are 10-12mm
Hubby (33) morphology issue

4 failed IUIs
IVF-ICSI #1 failed this mth

Planning for FET in 2015 Jan
Hi hi, I'm with prof too. Failed 2nd fresh in nov. What's the interval to proceed with FET after failed fresh? I was planning in March...

How long did you stay with each TCM doctor? For many cases, TCM takes a long time to show effect.

Sinseh #1: 1.5 yrs
Now I feel I totally wasted my time on her cos I gong-gong believe her though my condition didn't improve.
Stopped then did 4 IUIs

Sinseh #2: 2 months
Her expensive meds made my cycle v long (34days) so no thanks.

Sinseh #3: 9 months
My condition still same, sinseh finally said mayb it's my genes.
So that's it... Stopped then straight to IVF.

I only haven't tried accupuncture.
Anyone thinks TCM still got hope for me after reading this?

other than coffee /tea what else cannot take? green tea / chilli? tomyam ok mah?

@remembeRainbow I would
Now I feel I totally wasted my time on her cos I gong-gong believe her though my condition didn't improve.
Stopped then did 4 IUIs

You should try things that you haven't try before. Don't give up. I would say, you have not find the right doctor yet.

Stopped then did 4 IUIs

I agree with paperclip in not giving up hope. Before I returned to SG to start on IVF, I already started fertility treatments in Sydney. Went to a TCM doc specialising in infertility who was recommended by a friend. The sinseh was unhappy that I was doing IUI/IVF as she grumpily said it "complicated matters" for her, since my body was weak and needed time to build up. Rubbish! I conceived with IVF in less than a year after returning to SG.

I can only recommend TSB in Chinatown as I've been seeing her almost through out my IVF journey. At least she did not advise me against doing IVF while taking her herbs, instead, she accommodated my IVF schedule.

It's hard and even disruptive to change doctors. Even Western doctors have different opinions on the same patient. Sadly, it is inevitable for some of us IVF-ers. If you feel better (e.g. less tired) and your menses are more well regulated after taking a TCM doc's herbs, he/she is probably good for you so you can stick with them longer.

Back